Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15

(Natural Beige, Soft Porcelain): Mica, Pearl Powder. ( /-): CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77947 (Zinc Oxide), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides). (Real Sand, Tender Rose, Rich Vanilla, Classic Beige, Pure Honey, Warm Bronze): Active Ingredient – Zinc Oxide. Ingredient: Pearl Powder. May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 4/8/2007 11:35:00 AM

Ooh firstly i'm on a mmu kick after discovering em matte mixed with olay complete makes the best coverage TM.

i tried this as my cousin was returning from the states and got me this item is real sand n tender rose, Luckily. b/c for my NC20 skin tone, real sand was too dark( neutral warm), and tender rose was too light( cooler pinkish), it is the best match if mixed together but still a little bit too pinky for my asian skintone.

i used it alone like how u usually use a mmu, with mac 182 and finished off with some mac blot powder.

the texture alone is great though! if only it lasted longer, it dissappeared after 2 hrs and i have sensitive normal/dryish skin to start off.

For comparisons, its silkier than EM, Alima lasts longer though, but alima is dryer textured this one has a foil satin finish,may be way shiny for some but i would say closest to EM's original glo finish or shinier

UPDATE: after trials of mixing the colors this is still too cool/pink on me ( i'm neutral warm fair) n i *think* the bismuth or something is making me itch :(

on 4/7/2007 11:16:00 PM

ok I got this yesterday so I used it the first time today. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE?!?!?! I don't know if I've ever been wowed by a product like this before. I bought it in Real Sand and it's the perfect color (not bad for ordering online! Sephora does a great job at describing the color). I've used just about all the MMU, from BE, Cory, Neutrogena, Philosophy, UD, AR, etc. More recently I've been using AR because it was clearanced out on sephora.com and I've been having good skin days. AR is somewhat sheer but buildable. I've been wanting just a touch more coverage and shine control. LM totally delivers. Rather than shiny mica for that 'hey I'm trying to look glowy' shine, LM uses pearl powder. Totally different. I have a glow and not a shine. I applied it with a kabuki brush and a retractable brush so I could narrow down on a zit that cropped up overnight. This stuff is so unbelievably natural looking! It covers what I want covered without any cakiness or dryness. And it's sort of a semi matte finish, but not dry. It kept my skin soft all day and it wasn't nearly as shiny as it usually gets. I even took a nap with it on and when I woke up it was still perfect! I love how someone finally came up with the idea to add that twist top so that you can seal off the shaker holes and make it more portable. I touched up just a little before we went out for dinner, and it layers impeccably. YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS IN YOUR MAKEUP BAG!!! worth every penny, I would pay triple digits to have this stuff but I'll settle at $35 :) This really deserves like 10 lippies!

on 4/6/2007 4:53:00 PM

I have found my HG foundation! I love the ease of mineral makeup (powders)I have used many brands. I am so excited about this one! The coverage is fantastic and you do not look made up at all. I used it with the tinted moisturizer and I can not rave enough.

If you are on the fence about this one GO BUY IT...you will not be disappointed.

on 4/6/2007 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to also rave about this awesome product. I've always hated foundations, I used LM tinted moisturizer(which I also like), tried the Armani foundation and that was good because if applied with a damp sponge went on sheer. In my quest I found Philosophy airbrushed mmu and really liked it but @ times it was more coverage than what I wanted. This new LM I'm in love with.Feels weightless on my skin, beautiful perfect finish, not to shiny not too matte. I can see if you want more coverage you can adjust w/out looking cakey or powdery. I also splurged and bought the brush. Couldn't love it more. Also I'm dry but get a bit oily in the t-zone. So far so good, no oil slicks here. A+ product imhp.Edit:I now have neen using this on top of the LM primer and tinted moisturizer and my skin looks so natural and flawless.Very versatile, love it.

on 4/6/2007 9:23:00 AM

Love, love it. LM makes the best products. I've tried La Bella Donna MMU as well and this is just as good and looked flawless on me. I got Rich Vanilla and the Blending Brush. Will repurchase again and again.

on 4/3/2007 10:00:00 AM

OK, it's official: I'm in love. I have been using mineral makeup for about two years. My HG had been Jane Iredale Amazing Base in Warm Silk (& I have tried A LOT of mmus). However, when I bought it this time, it seemed like the color had been reformulated or something. Suddenly, it was much too dark. So instead of making an appointment with the aesthetician so I could try on different shade of JI (what a pain), I decided to try the new LM mmu. And it's fantastic! It costs about the same as JI & gives a similar, though possibly better, finish! It looks great, very natural. And this morning it passed the final test: as with Amazing Base, you can mix this with a moisturizer to make your own tinted moisturizer (some mmus will clump up if you try this). I also feel like this is making a couple of little spots I have on my face heal up. Maybe I'm crazy, but I love it! The one thing I don't know yet is whether this has the same excellent sun protection that JI has. It says it has spf 15 (I think the JI says 20). If I find it doesn't work well, I will update.
PROS: excellent finish, good packaging, easily available, short ingredients list, possible skin benefits.
CONS: none for me, but right now there are only a few shades so there might not be a good match for everyone.
I love it!
Here's the ingredients list: For Tender Rose: Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Pearl Powder. May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Besides JI, I have also tried BE, Physician's Formula, Alima, Lauress, Everyday Minerals, L'Oreal...there may be others, but I can't remember. Some were good, some were bad, but this is the best! UPDATE 4/12/07: The longer I use this, the better my skin looks. I don't know what this stuff is doing but right now, today, I have the best skin I've ever had in my life. I wish I could give this 10 lippies! UPDATE 4/17/07 Loving it more & more! It has excellent lasting power, continues to look great, & I swear my skin is looking better than it ever has.

I really didn't want to like this product as I love By Terry's Light expert. BUT , this makes me look so fresh! I bought Real sand and use it layered overnude tinted moisteriser and foundation stick or on its own. My skin looks glowy, not too shiny and very very flawless. Good Stuff!!!

on 3/31/2007 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have used Bare Minerals prior to this mineral foundation, and let me just say, this surpasses BE in every way possible. My gosh, I can't even feel it on my skin and it gives me an ultra flawless look. It doesn't look overly shiney and I haven't touched up with blot powder yet---it's been almost 5 hours. For reference, I am a MAC Studiofix NC30/35 and I was matched to Rich Vanilla. I haven't tried any other colors, but the MA immediately picked up this shade and said it was perfect for me. She was right! For those mineral makeup lovers, go and check this one out! It's a lot more expensive, but with Laura Mercier, you can't go wrong :) UPDATE 04.02.07: I bought the brush and I'm very happy with that purchase! It is great for applying the mineral powder! Even though it is pricey, I think it is extremely worth it :) UPDATE 04.20.07: I think I found my HG foundation! I've been wearing it everyday for almost a month and it has not caused me to breakout (unlike GA LSF).

on 3/30/2007 7:13:00 PM

Count me in as another person that just LOVES this mmu. For reference I am NC 20/25 and real sand is a dead on match for me. I feel like goldilocks, because I have tried so many mineral foundations...they were either to shiney, to matte, or wrong color...this one is just right. It has a nice satin finish, not shiney nor matte, just perfect. It has great coverage so you don't have to keep layering it on and so NO CAKINESS! At last I have finally found my HG mineral make-up!! UPDATE: I love this stuff the more I use it! My skin has never looked better, so much so that my daughter took notice and bought some for herself in tendre rose and today she got complimented on her skin!! LOVE IT!

I don't usually wear foundation because it never looks quite natural enough to me... but this has completely changed my mind. Just a little bit made my face completely glow in a very subtle and natural way. It just evened everything out without looking like a mask on my skin. Complete rave for this product! I am NC20-25, & Real Sand was perfect. I did try Tendre Rose but it was a bit too light.