July 31, 2014 | 2018 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by michele0730

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to a makeover event at the LM counter last week and they used this on me, in the Real Sand color. Loved it that day, but did not purchase as I had recently purchased my regular LM foundation and I also have her Tinted Moisturizer. Well, I couldn't stand not having it, so I bought it yesterday, have it on today and absolutely love it! I put a bit of the tinted moisturizer on, then this on top. My skin looks healthy, glowing, and so soft and natural. Another winner from Laura! UPDATE: I went out and bought the blending brush two days after I bought the powder. LOVE IT!!Worth the $40.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

It seems like even Laura Mercier has jumped on the mineral foundation wagon. The shade I purchased is "Real Sand." It comes in the new and improved loose powder case, with a lid that you can twist to cover the dispensing holes. It gives you the flawless face (just like other LM foundations), with a beautiful sheen, not powdery or cakey at all. Lasts all day, no touchups needed. One last note: the BAs at LM might recommend you the blender brush to go with it. It is a great brush, but I would suggest you try the brushes you already own first. I had no problem applying the Mineral Powder with the LM Cheek Colour Brush :)US$38UPDATE: I'm still very in love with it. Several suggestions/thoughts/advices:
-It's a nice product, but not a miracle product. (Yes, truth hurts) If you have large pores or uneven surface, make sure you start with a primer.-Less is more. You can always add more later. Build up coverage slowly to avoid cakiness or greasy-looking finish.-It does give skin a "glow," so please avoid this product if you are looking for a total matte finish.-If you think you applied the right amount and it's still cakey, your skin might be dehydrated.-As for all MMU and products on the market, nothing is 100% safe for sensitive skin. MMU just has a lesser chance of irritating skin. continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No