October 22, 2014 | 1034 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 7:09:00 AM More reviews by siennagirl12001

I really didn't want to like this product as I love By Terry's Light expert. BUT , this makes me look so fresh! I bought Real sand and use it layered overnude tinted moisteriser and foundation stick or on its own. My skin looks glowy, not too shiny and very very flawless. Good Stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 2:18:00 AM More reviews by calistarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used Bare Minerals prior to this mineral foundation, and let me just say, this surpasses BE in every way possible. My gosh, I can't even feel it on my skin and it gives me an ultra flawless look. It doesn't look overly shiney and I haven't touched up with blot powder yet---it's been almost 5 hours. For reference, I am a MAC Studiofix NC30/35 and I was matched to Rich Vanilla. I haven't tried any other colors, but the MA immediately picked up this shade and said it was perfect for me. She was right! For those mineral makeup lovers, go and check this one out! It's a lot more expensive, but with Laura Mercier, you can't go wrong :) UPDATE 04.02.07: I bought the brush and I'm very happy with that purchase! It is great for applying the mineral powder! Even though it is pricey, I think it is extremely worth it :) UPDATE 04.20.07: I think I found my HG foundation! I've been wearing it everyday for almost a month and it has not caused me to breakout (unlike GA LSF).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Jewels1416

Count me in as another person that just LOVES this mmu. For reference I am NC 20/25 and real sand is a dead on match for me. I feel like goldilocks, because I have tried so many mineral foundations...they were either to shiney, to matte, or wrong color...this one is just right. It has a nice satin finish, not shiney nor matte, just perfect. It has great coverage so you don't have to keep layering it on and so NO CAKINESS! At last I have finally found my HG mineral make-up!! UPDATE: I love this stuff the more I use it! My skin has never looked better, so much so that my daughter took notice and bought some for herself in tendre rose and today she got complimented on her skin!! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by penelopeespana

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't usually wear foundation because it never looks quite natural enough to me... but this has completely changed my mind. Just a little bit made my face completely glow in a very subtle and natural way. It just evened everything out without looking like a mask on my skin. Complete rave for this product! I am NC20-25, & Real Sand was perfect. I did try Tendre Rose but it was a bit too light.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by michele0730

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to a makeover event at the LM counter last week and they used this on me, in the Real Sand color. Loved it that day, but did not purchase as I had recently purchased my regular LM foundation and I also have her Tinted Moisturizer. Well, I couldn't stand not having it, so I bought it yesterday, have it on today and absolutely love it! I put a bit of the tinted moisturizer on, then this on top. My skin looks healthy, glowing, and so soft and natural. Another winner from Laura! UPDATE: I went out and bought the blending brush two days after I bought the powder. LOVE IT!!Worth the $40.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

It seems like even Laura Mercier has jumped on the mineral foundation wagon. The shade I purchased is "Real Sand." It comes in the new and improved loose powder case, with a lid that you can twist to cover the dispensing holes. It gives you the flawless face (just like other LM foundations), with a beautiful sheen, not powdery or cakey at all. Lasts all day, no touchups needed. One last note: the BAs at LM might recommend you the blender brush to go with it. It is a great brush, but I would suggest you try the brushes you already own first. I had no problem applying the Mineral Powder with the LM Cheek Colour Brush :)US$38UPDATE: I'm still very in love with it. Several suggestions/thoughts/advices:
-It's a nice product, but not a miracle product. (Yes, truth hurts) If you have large pores or uneven surface, make sure you start with a primer.-Less is more. You can always add more later. Build up coverage slowly to avoid cakiness or greasy-looking finish.-It does give skin a "glow," so please avoid this product if you are looking for a total matte finish.-If you think you applied the right amount and it's still cakey, your skin might be dehydrated.-As for all MMU and products on the market, nothing is 100% safe for sensitive skin. MMU just has a lesser chance of irritating skin. continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No