December 19, 2014 | 1013 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Mineral Powder SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 4:53:00 PM More reviews by olivia1173

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have found my HG foundation! I love the ease of mineral makeup (powders)I have used many brands. I am so excited about this one! The coverage is fantastic and you do not look made up at all. I used it with the tinted moisturizer and I can not rave enough.

If you are on the fence about this one GO BUY IT...you will not be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by hallieboo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to also rave about this awesome product. I've always hated foundations, I used LM tinted moisturizer(which I also like), tried the Armani foundation and that was good because if applied with a damp sponge went on sheer. In my quest I found Philosophy airbrushed mmu and really liked it but @ times it was more coverage than what I wanted. This new LM I'm in love with.Feels weightless on my skin, beautiful perfect finish, not to shiny not too matte. I can see if you want more coverage you can adjust w/out looking cakey or powdery. I also splurged and bought the brush. Couldn't love it more. Also I'm dry but get a bit oily in the t-zone. So far so good, no oil slicks here. A+ product imhp.Edit:I now have neen using this on top of the LM primer and tinted moisturizer and my skin looks so natural and flawless.Very versatile, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 9:23:00 AM More reviews by anta17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love it. LM makes the best products. I've tried La Bella Donna MMU as well and this is just as good and looked flawless on me. I got Rich Vanilla and the Blending Brush. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2007 10:00:00 AM More reviews by xtinaxtina

OK, it's official: I'm in love. I have been using mineral makeup for about two years. My HG had been Jane Iredale Amazing Base in Warm Silk (& I have tried A LOT of mmus). However, when I bought it this time, it seemed like the color had been reformulated or something. Suddenly, it was much too dark. So instead of making an appointment with the aesthetician so I could try on different shade of JI (what a pain), I decided to try the new LM mmu. And it's fantastic! It costs about the same as JI & gives a similar, though possibly better, finish! It looks great, very natural. And this morning it passed the final test: as with Amazing Base, you can mix this with a moisturizer to make your own tinted moisturizer (some mmus will clump up if you try this). I also feel like this is making a couple of little spots I have on my face heal up. Maybe I'm crazy, but I love it! The one thing I don't know yet is whether this has the same excellent sun protection that JI has. It says it has spf 15 (I think the JI says 20). If I find it doesn't work well, I will update.
PROS: excellent finish, good packaging, easily available, short ingredients list, possible skin benefits.
CONS: none for me, but right now there are only a few shades so there might not be a good match for everyone.
I love it!
Here's the ingredients list: For Tender Rose: Active Ingredient: Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Pearl Powder. May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Besides JI, I have also tried BE, Physician's Formula, Alima, Lauress, Everyday Minerals, L'Oreal...there may be others, but I can't remember. Some were good, some were bad, but this is the best! UPDATE 4/12/07: The longer I use this, the better my skin looks. I don't know what this stuff is doing but right now, today, I have the best skin I've ever had in my life. I wish I could give this 10 lippies! UPDATE 4/17/07 Loving it more & more! It has excellent lasting power, continues to look great, & I swear my skin is looking better than it ever has.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2007 7:09:00 AM More reviews by siennagirl12001

I really didn't want to like this product as I love By Terry's Light expert. BUT , this makes me look so fresh! I bought Real sand and use it layered overnude tinted moisteriser and foundation stick or on its own. My skin looks glowy, not too shiny and very very flawless. Good Stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 2:18:00 AM More reviews by calistarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used Bare Minerals prior to this mineral foundation, and let me just say, this surpasses BE in every way possible. My gosh, I can't even feel it on my skin and it gives me an ultra flawless look. It doesn't look overly shiney and I haven't touched up with blot powder yet---it's been almost 5 hours. For reference, I am a MAC Studiofix NC30/35 and I was matched to Rich Vanilla. I haven't tried any other colors, but the MA immediately picked up this shade and said it was perfect for me. She was right! For those mineral makeup lovers, go and check this one out! It's a lot more expensive, but with Laura Mercier, you can't go wrong :) UPDATE 04.02.07: I bought the brush and I'm very happy with that purchase! It is great for applying the mineral powder! Even though it is pricey, I think it is extremely worth it :) UPDATE 04.20.07: I think I found my HG foundation! I've been wearing it everyday for almost a month and it has not caused me to breakout (unlike GA LSF).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Jewels1416

Count me in as another person that just LOVES this mmu. For reference I am NC 20/25 and real sand is a dead on match for me. I feel like goldilocks, because I have tried so many mineral foundations...they were either to shiney, to matte, or wrong color...this one is just right. It has a nice satin finish, not shiney nor matte, just perfect. It has great coverage so you don't have to keep layering it on and so NO CAKINESS! At last I have finally found my HG mineral make-up!! UPDATE: I love this stuff the more I use it! My skin has never looked better, so much so that my daughter took notice and bought some for herself in tendre rose and today she got complimented on her skin!! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 2:36:00 PM More reviews by penelopeespana

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't usually wear foundation because it never looks quite natural enough to me... but this has completely changed my mind. Just a little bit made my face completely glow in a very subtle and natural way. It just evened everything out without looking like a mask on my skin. Complete rave for this product! I am NC20-25, & Real Sand was perfect. I did try Tendre Rose but it was a bit too light.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 12:54:00 PM More reviews by michele0730

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I went to a makeover event at the LM counter last week and they used this on me, in the Real Sand color. Loved it that day, but did not purchase as I had recently purchased my regular LM foundation and I also have her Tinted Moisturizer. Well, I couldn't stand not having it, so I bought it yesterday, have it on today and absolutely love it! I put a bit of the tinted moisturizer on, then this on top. My skin looks healthy, glowing, and so soft and natural. Another winner from Laura! UPDATE: I went out and bought the blending brush two days after I bought the powder. LOVE IT!!Worth the $40.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2007 4:18:00 PM More reviews by candy_hunter

It seems like even Laura Mercier has jumped on the mineral foundation wagon. The shade I purchased is "Real Sand." It comes in the new and improved loose powder case, with a lid that you can twist to cover the dispensing holes. It gives you the flawless face (just like other LM foundations), with a beautiful sheen, not powdery or cakey at all. Lasts all day, no touchups needed. One last note: the BAs at LM might recommend you the blender brush to go with it. It is a great brush, but I would suggest you try the brushes you already own first. I had no problem applying the Mineral Powder with the LM Cheek Colour Brush :)US$38UPDATE: I'm still very in love with it. Several suggestions/thoughts/advices:
-It's a nice product, but not a miracle product. (Yes, truth hurts) If you have large pores or uneven surface, make sure you start with a primer.-Less is more. You can always add more later. Build up coverage slowly to avoid cakiness or greasy-looking finish.-It does give skin a "glow," so please avoid this product if you are looking for a total matte finish.-If you think you applied the right amount and it's still cakey, your skin might be dehydrated.-As for all MMU and products on the market, nothing is 100% safe for sensitive skin. MMU just has a lesser chance of irritating skin. continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No