July 28, 2014 | 1269 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I juat got this today and have used it several times already. I really like the texture - it is silkier than the regular beeswax balm, and there is also a slight tint to it. It's nice for when you're on the go and want a hint of shine and color to the lips. Now, I did take off a lippie because of the smell. On the initial application, this stuff smells like the country store at Cracker Barrel... Which is like a carcophony of bad potpourri. Luckily, the scent fades a couple of minutes after application. Overall, I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product sounded really enticing, enticing enough to shell out THREE DOLLARS for a lip balm. At first I really liked the smell, but after wearing it for about a week it became cloying and even the taste started bothering me. I like the texture, and the ever so slight tint, but I am not as likely to use it over my other balms because of that over flowery smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by szie

At first whiff it was fine, but when you're wearing it on your lips it's unbearable. Personally, I don't think it smells like pomegranate at all. It has this waxy, artificial scent about it. It even tastes waxy (bleh!). It does its job of being moisturizing, but would not repurchase due to the scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is by far the worst lip balm I've ever had the disfortune of buying. I thought it would smell good, but the scent is so nauseating that I had to immediately wipe this off my lips after applying. The smell is just unbearable. I'm never buying anything pomegranate scented again, just to be safe.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by christmasfreak1225

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING.
it has such a unique smell, and the pomegranate oil is great.
very moisturizing, and will stay on for a long time.
it is 98% natural, so it doens't have that waxy feel of chapstick.
its not sticky at all, and give's a hint of a color and a tiny bit of shine.
this product makes you lips look healthy and beautiful.
after using this for about 5 days, my lips have never looks better.
and they smell amazing!
the only thing that would bring this product home os if it had SPF.
maybe it does. i'm not sure...
go buy it!
but make sure to expholiate your lips before using it.
i suggest M.A.C.'s Future Earth Prep + Prime Microfine Lip Refinisher.
The Lip balm sells for 3.00 USD, and is definately worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 2:53:00 AM More reviews by amber_laurynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this. I thought I would try it out because my lips have been so dry and it seems like no matter what I use, they would still be dry and flaky. I have used the regular Burt's lip balm and was just going to get that until I saw this. Like some of the other posters have said the fragrance is different, but not so bad. It doesnt feel like the regular Burt's on, its very soothing. After a couple days of using this my lips started looking and feeling a million times better. The staying power is good too. I can put it on before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning, its still somewhat there. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am glad I picked this up. This formula is less waxy feeling than the original and feels more moisturizing. I think the display said the pomegranite balm's ingredients are about 98% natural, while the original Burts Bees is somewhere around 96%. There is a slight berry tint and makes lips appear fuller. This is a cheap find that is effective and more natural than the petroleum-filled alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by dancemaddidance

HGHGHGHG!!!! I am IN LOVE with this lip balm! It is a great bright red/purple colour, and goes on tinted so it doesnt leave too much or too little colour. It smells great to me, and it leaves my lips feeling amazing! Unlike Chapstick, it isnt waxy, and feels smooth and lasts a really long time. The tube looks cute and its regular size so its portable. Awesome moisturizing power and my boyfriend compliments me on how great my lips feel after everytime we kiss...that has to mean something!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2008 8:45:00 AM More reviews by sselougha

I initially loved this balm and it's unique smell and thought it much better than the honey one in terms or moisturising and thats why I'm giving two stars. Unfortunatly the smell got WAY too much for me and made me constantly feel sick if i had it around let alone put it on my lips. wont buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by xxtaylorlaurenxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great stuff! Awesome scent, pretty sheer berry tint, plus it really moisturizes. It's not too thick either. No complaints.