Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 10/15/2008 12:19:00 AM

Smells and tastes like fake cherry flavour. Its pretty gross, honestly. It works well as a balm but the smell and taste was so awful I wont even use it as a backup. Stick with the original!

on 10/12/2008 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this as a great extra, and I really love it. I would never have thought to try it out otherwise though. It smells a little funky and artificially fruity, but I really don't mind because it goes away and the balm itself is so moisturizing and healing that it's worth a little odd smell. It's really nice for over night, too. Can't even smell it then! ;) If the smell were improved it'd be a 5/5. Great product that I will continue to use (I actually do use up balms! I'm a balm addict). I am undecided if I will purchase it again or not, but I went ahead and put 'yes' because I haven't ruled out the possibility.

on 10/11/2008 1:55:00 PM

The scent of this balm is sweet and fruity to me, so I love it. It has a nice texture, moisturizes well and lasts a very long while after applying. I was looking for a balm without all the preservatives and chemicals, and this is a great one.

on 10/6/2008 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

After reading all the positive reviews here, I ran out to the drug store and picked up a tube. I can't seem to get past the scent. It reminds me of something medicinal from my childhood, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Will let you know when I figure it out. Otherwise, its just an OK balm. A bit pricey ($4.49 @ SDM) Nothing special. But then again, what balm is?

on 10/1/2008 6:03:00 PM

I love this lip blam! I've already gone through 4 tubes. It feels moisturizing and I like the way it ever so slightly gives my lips a natural rosy color. It just glides right on and doesn't feel too balmy like most other lip balms.

on 9/21/2008 11:38:00 AM

This is the best lip balm out there. It has good slip without being greasy, moisturizes wonderfully, and has impressive staying power. Most lip balms make my lips lighter than they are, making me look totally washed out. Not this one! I have fairly pigmented lips, and this is like my natural lip shade, but just a tad bit brighter. Not to mention that it's inexpensive to boot. Why pay ten or fifteen bucks for a high-end lipstick when I can get the same color payoff from a balm a fraction of the price that has far better-for-you ingredients? I have and will continue to repurchase this little baby as long as they continue to make it.

on 9/15/2008 6:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

The best lip balm. Great for healing and soothing dry lips, and preventing dryness. I use this every day alone or under lipgloss/lipstick. Does not feel like chapstick! It feels moisturizing, not sticky. Affordable quality product.

on 9/4/2008 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think this may be close to HG lip balm for me (time will tell). I have tried A LOT of lip balms, chap sticks, glosses ect. I happened to buy this at school when I forgot my ALBA coconut lipbalm at home. Its a good mix between moisturizing and waxy (holds in moisture). I only feel the need to reapply this maybe 2-3 times per day. I have brown skin and brown lips and I had noticed before that my face looks kind of "washed out" since I dont wear much makeup especially not colored lip "stuff". This gives a slight red/pink tint with the perfect amount of shine to dark pigmented lips. Being brown these sort of products with a little color don't show up but, this does in a good way. Yay! It was only $2.50 which is good compared to the money I would spend trying to get this look at MAC or with drug store lip gloss.

Edit 2/4/09- change to 3 lippies=This has just become ok for me. Its good for a quick pop of natural color and moisture. I keep this in my work bag along with another gloss/balm.

on 9/3/2008 10:35:00 PM

Another great from Burt's Bees! this smells yummy, is natural and has antioxidant filled pomegranate oil in it, not to mention the slight reddish tint that I used to like from the cherry or strawberry bonnie belle before I realized how bad it was for you.

on 9/3/2008 5:43:00 PM

Great lip balm, great price. I am on my third tube. I have to have this in my bag. Just a hint of color, a sheer pinky-red, very hydrating, pleasant smell. It has a wonderful smooth, silky texture...not at all waxy.

Popular Lip Treatments