December 19, 2014 | 1538 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by agagag

I adore the smell and taste of this lip balm. The colour looks natural and great on me. If only it had spf it would be perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lingonberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pluses: texture, color, fragrance
Minuses: price, carmine="Carmine may be prepared from cochineal, by boiling dried insects in water to extract the carminic acid and then treating the clear solution with alum, cream of tartar, stannous chloride, or potassium hydrogen oxalate." (wikipedia definition) Yuck. It's all natural, and beetles are natural, I guess...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by aep109

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty good. It didn't make my lips peel and seemed to keep my lips moisturized for a while. I've tried the shimmers and those were terrible, but this one is a decent. I hate most other balms because they either feel filmy or make my lips dry. I'd have rated it higher if it had SPF in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by raindrop1019

I LOVE the smell and texture of this lip balm. My lips are pretty pink naturally, so no color shows up. It the most moisturizing chapstick I've used. I have really dry lips so I use Aquaphor or Vaseline at night and in the morning and carry this around during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by nance8979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked the smell of this lip balm, but it was not very moisturizing. After applying it to my dry lips a couple of times a day, my lips would not be any less dry. Also, I did not like how the red tint got all over my skin if I did not stay exactly inside the lip line. I like to smear my lip balm on -- I guess I need to stick with clear colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Nice lip balm with sheer mauve-pink tint to it. I was getting tired of minty lip balms so this is a nice alternative. The fruity candy aroma wanes quickly. Feels nice on the lips - texture is smooth and silky, not waxy or hard. My new fave lip balm. (Note that, like many lip balms, it will melt in the car on a hot day, so beware when opening it, LOL.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by adnilem7

I love this lip balm. It is perfect! Not only does it moisturize and leave my lips buttery soft, it also gives me a very nice yet subtle wash of color that really seems to brighten my face! I also *LOVE* the smell. It's just hard to explain, but this really is my HG! I love that it gives off a healthy light glossy look, and the shade is beautiful without being overdone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by miyomi

i bought this product after seeing reviews on MUA,
a lot of my friends have the original burts bees lip balm and rave about it, so that was a factor in why i bought it as well, however i didnt get the original b/c i had previous problems with other pure bees was balms and balms with a lot of wax, so i was very weary.
This is going to sound really weird, but for me every single lip balm i've ever tried give me this weird white film on top of my lips after about an hour....i think its dead skin but im not really sure i think its because i have this annoying lip smacking/licking habit but i think the white film looks really weird and unattractive so i just discontinue use after that.
and the burts bees lip balm did that to me the first time i used it so i was really discouraged and ready to trash it, but i gave it another shot and i was really happy i did, because the second time i just exfoliated the white stuff off and it never happened again, now i dont exfoliate anymore and just apply the lip balm every now and then and i find it keeps my ordinarily dry/chapped lips very moisturized and soft hehe.
i know a lot of ppl really liked the subtle color it gave lips, but for me that didnt show up as i naturally have reddish-pink lips and it looks like im wearing a light shade of lipstick, i also know that a lot of ppl were put off by the smell, but personally i liked it
the only thing is, this is after all lip balm and it was $6 at london drugs, which is okay, but for drugstore lip balm is kinda overpriced, but i dont mind paying that since it got rid of that annoying white film ewwy stuff

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

I had really high hopes for Burt Bee's since a lot of people recommend it. But, it smells just horrid! It reminds me of mosquito spray and a cheap cherry scent mixed. I had pretty dry cracking lips, and this product didn't help at all. It also leaves a hint of mauve color which, I'm not really a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cereza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great lip stuff! I found it mid March when winter had dried out my poor lips and left them rough. As soon as I put it on it felt silky and moisturizing. After only a day my lips were better than they've been in years, seriously. I use it every day and recommend it to everyone. I used to be a fan of Un-Petroleum in Cherry, but they've since stopped selling it everywhere near me so I now rely on this Replenishing lip balm. I must also note that the tint is very flattering on me and gives me a little extra color on the days when I need it without being overly pink. I also like the smell and it has no taste that I can tell. One friend of mine did relay that it didn't work well with her lips and made them burn a little, but she must be allergic to an ingredient. Oh well, I truly love this and hope they never discontinue it.