Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush

4.3

bliss beauty trio

on 3/16/2009 7:39:00 AM

After 48 hours of owning this,I would like to tell everyone who hs ever bought a drugstore electric complexion brush to just throw them away and buy this - it's a totally different experience. I used mine last night and this morning with my regular facial cleansers I always use and what a difference! It actualy feels good and not "grindy or sandy". I had gunk coming out of my pores the first time and again this morning. I can see where after repeated use I might be able to scale back to once a day, but why? It actualy feels good while using it! I will be sure and update after a few months.

on 3/11/2009 10:46:00 PM

i have been using this for about two weeks now, so i'm still in the purging phase (i.e. i have lots of blemishes!). that being said, i can tell that all the blemishes that have surfaced are cropping up where i had clogged pores before, so it's the junk in my skin getting pulled out by this device. i don't expect to have perfectly clear skin for a few more weeks, so this is ok for now. what i will say is that the skin that isn't blemished is this angelic milky clear skin. and smoooooooth. i've also noticed decreased blackheads and embedded whiteheads (before, i had a "collection" of them on my chin...in the crevice that stretches out when i pull my lip up. i don't know if that makes sense, but you know, the little indentation between the lower lip and the bottom of the chin....anyway, i had soooo many little tiny whiteheads - in pretty much every follicle - but they were unnoticeable unless i stretched it out...then they popped out and after they got bad enough you could pop some of them. gross, i know, and very hard to accurately describe)...anyway, those are almost totally gone!!! :) i'm really psyched to see how it progresses as more and more "stuff" gets sucked out. the vibrations are really cool feeling, and my skin looks and feels much clearer, cleaner and smoother. so far i loooove this little brush.

on 3/9/2009 12:37:00 AM

Pretty cool device. Before using this I definitely had more peeling/flakes from retinoids and crappy dry winter air. It seems to exfoliate well. It feels kinda neat too.
I use Paula's choice 2% BHA which I can honestly say has made the hugest difference in my skin (I no longer have blackheads!). I wonder what impact I may have noticed were I not already using a chemical exfoliant? Perhaps I would have seen a more dramatic improvement overall...
The Clarisonic also makes me feel like my skin is really good and clean, especially after wearing makeup. Not a miracle by any means but I'm pleased with it and enjoy using it.
EDIT: I changed my rating from a 4 to a 3. I am using this less since I use both prescription retinoids and salicylic acid OR glycolic acid and was starting to feel like I was beating my skin up. There were a few instances where my skin actually felt tender when I tried to use this. I don't apply pressure at all when I use this and I even switched to the delicate brush but I still feel this might not be the gentlest form of exfoliation. I treat this more as a weekly or monthly "deep cleansing treatment" rather than part of my everyday routine. I prefer chemical exfoliants over this as a general rule and believe mechanical in addition to chemical is far too aggressive.

on 3/8/2009 4:09:00 PM

I find it funny because I had bought one last year and took it back. I decided to try it again out of desperation because I had read so many good things about it and decided that maybe I hadn't given it enough of a chance. I was experiencing some serious skin dryness last year and I use it once and hated it. With that said, I think it's important to try something long enough to see if it's for you. I've been using it for about two weeks now and I have really noticed a huge difference. Things aren't perfect, but they are getting better. I use it on my face too which has cleared some bumps--almost overnight on the sides of my forehead. I use Differin and it has helped with the flakies associated with that. I will further update when I have used it for longer.

on 3/7/2009 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product! I was referred to this product by my nurse/asthetician who had clients that used it. I admit that at the time I felt it was a real splurge. I bought it on QVC because it came with 3 heads that way and I knew I would get the warrantee/guarantee. After registering my product online with Clarisonic, they granted me an additional head. This was a $25 value - so in the end the price was worth it. Definitely start with the most 'Delicate' head.. The others are too harsh and will make you break out. QVC also gave me 3 free tubes of Clarisonic cleanser and also a huge tube of Kate Sommerville wash (smells like Rosemary), I alternate between the different washes. Clarisonic wash seems more aloe based.. What a difference. You will not believe how clean and smooth it makes your face. Also great for Décolleté! I would definitely recommend it for all skin types - teenagers would really benefit from the deep cleansing, and more seasoned women from the great exfolliating effects! This product is definitely worth the price. It is well-constructed and, in my opinion, better than the cheaper drug-store brand products.

on 3/6/2009 4:14:00 PM

I've been using Clarisonic for two weeks now and I must say I like it despite my initial skepticism. I felt the difference right away -- it feels like my skin is able to breathe now, so the skin tone has improved and it looks more clear. I've heard that these nice results may only be temporary, but I am keeping mine for now :) Overall, I like it cuz it does the job of toning and clearifying mechanically, and doesn't rely solely on topical cleansers. Here is a good chance to cut down on the usage of chemical txs. It is definitely worth the money for those happy with the product, but if it doesn't do that that much for you -- too expensive! just give it a try to see how it works for YOU!

on 3/5/2009 8:52:00 PM

I absolutely love this product! Used it first while getting a professional facial. Received as a gift at Christmas and will never be without it ever again! Plan to purchase one for all my daughters in the near future. I do wish it wasn't so expensive so more people could have one of these. I think it is way overpriced.

on 3/4/2009 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Update: So I have gone back and (knock on wood) results has been just amazing. The first time, I was not patient enough and wanted immediate results. My second time, I used it diligently every day for one month. My skin went through an initial purge of two weeks. Lots of acne, blotchy skin. I started to feel like perhaps resuing the Clarisonic was a mistake. I made a deal to keep using it for two more weeks and see what would happen. Within the two weeks, the purging stopped and clear, beautiful skin appeared.

My understanding is that the Clarisonic was bringing all the bad "stuff" to the surface and out of my skin. Unlike other products that just kept acne beneath the surface, Clarisonic acted like a detox diet for the skin. All the bumps underneath the skin have gone away--no more sandpaper skin around my temples.

My advice is to be patient. I didn't see results for almost three weeks.
*******

I had wanted the Clarisonic brush for nearly one year. I researched Internet articles, read dozens of reviews, and asked current users and my facial lady. I was going through some bad skin issues too—uneven skin texture, some redness around my nose, dull skin. I finally invested my money and had hopes it would work. After the first use, my skin was much smoother. An awful blackhead that had made a semi-permanent home FINALLY went away. The ugly, sand-like bumps around my temples went away too. In my eagerness, I started using the product every day, and this was a mistake. My skin started to turn blotchy. I returned to just once a week, and my skin felt much better. After about eight weeks of use, I am on the fence. My skin is smoother, but the skin tone and clarity have shown no improvements. I do notice that blackheads and extractions are easier to remove. I stopped exfoliating b/c of the Clarisonic’s heavy duty cleaning. I very much wanted this to be a lifesaver product. I may just return it and buy a great exfoliator instead.

Any suggestions on how to get the wonderful results everyone is raving about are absolutely welcome!!

on 3/3/2009 12:58:00 PM

It is about time I write a review on the Clarisonic! I have been using it for over a year and I think between it and finding my HG skincare routine (Garden of Wisdom) I can finally wear liquid foundation again without breaking out all the time. I think before I started using the Clarisonic I would break out from liquids because I couldn't get my skin clean enough by just washing with cleanser and even a wash cloth. My skin is sensitive to chemicals so I have to use very natural products so my skin doesn't react...but sometimes natural products do not cleanse as well. Anyway, the Clarisonic cleans and exfoliates my skin so well that I can now wear liquid foundation again! Yay! It leaves my skin so soft and now instead of being oily all over I am now combo.

I use the senstive skin brush..the normal was too harsh for my skin and the delicate did not exfoliate enough for me, but the sensitive is perfect.

Also, I did purge when I started using this...it took a month before I got better...I almost quit using it because of the purging but the day spa I go to urged me to keep going saying that purging was normal and I am glad I stuck with it. So you may purge when you first use this, but do not give up. Only using it a week or two, you may not see all the results you can get with this brush!!

on 3/3/2009 12:40:00 PM

So far I really love my clarisonic. I have only been using it a week and have noticed that there is far less makeup that comes off when I use my toner. My skin looks smooth and soft. I also just really ejoy using it. I got the new pink 2009 model on ebay for 160$. It came with 3 cleansers (which I don't think i'll use), and a sensitive head brush which I find to be soft and think it's the right one for me. I use it with my Lush AquaMarina cleanser and it works great. I'll update after using longer.
UPDATE- I had to stop using this. It gave me acne all over my face. Just little pimples but everywhere. Ive never had my skin like this. The SA at Sephora told me to use it 4 to 5 more weeks but I just can't stand my skin like this and I'm to scared it will get worse. Sorry clarisonic but you're not for me.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools