April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by AnitaRN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product! Used it first while getting a professional facial. Received as a gift at Christmas and will never be without it ever again! Plan to purchase one for all my daughters in the near future. I do wish it wasn't so expensive so more people could have one of these. I think it is way overpriced.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by socalwahine

Update: So I have gone back and (knock on wood) results has been just amazing. The first time, I was not patient enough and wanted immediate results. My second time, I used it diligently every day for one month. My skin went through an initial purge of two weeks. Lots of acne, blotchy skin. I started to feel like perhaps resuing the Clarisonic was a mistake. I made a deal to keep using it for two more weeks and see what would happen. Within the two weeks, the purging stopped and clear, beautiful skin appeared.

My understanding is that the Clarisonic was bringing all the bad "stuff" to the surface and out of my skin. Unlike other products that just kept acne beneath the surface, Clarisonic acted like a detox diet for the skin. All the bumps underneath the skin have gone away--no more sandpaper skin around my temples.

My advice is to be patient. I didn't see results for almost three weeks.
*******

I had wanted the Clarisonic brush for nearly one year. I researched Internet articles, read dozens of reviews, and asked current users and my facial lady. I was going through some bad skin issues too—uneven skin texture, some redness around my nose, dull skin. I finally invested my money and had hopes it would work. After the first use, my skin was much smoother. An awful blackhead that had made a semi-permanent home FINALLY went away. The ugly, sand-like bumps around my temples went away too. In my eagerness, I started using the product every day, and this was a mistake. My skin started to turn blotchy. I returned to just once a week, and my skin felt much better. After about eight weeks of use, I am on the fence. My skin is smoother, but the skin tone and clarity have shown no improvements. I do notice that blackheads and extractions are easier to remove. I stopped exfoliating b/c of the Clarisonic’s heavy duty cleaning. I very much wanted this to be a lifesaver product. I may just return it and buy a great exfoliator instead.

Any suggestions on how to get the wonderful results everyone is raving about are absolutely welcome!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lori2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is about time I write a review on the Clarisonic! I have been using it for over a year and I think between it and finding my HG skincare routine (Garden of Wisdom) I can finally wear liquid foundation again without breaking out all the time. I think before I started using the Clarisonic I would break out from liquids because I couldn't get my skin clean enough by just washing with cleanser and even a wash cloth. My skin is sensitive to chemicals so I have to use very natural products so my skin doesn't react...but sometimes natural products do not cleanse as well. Anyway, the Clarisonic cleans and exfoliates my skin so well that I can now wear liquid foundation again! Yay! It leaves my skin so soft and now instead of being oily all over I am now combo.

I use the senstive skin brush..the normal was too harsh for my skin and the delicate did not exfoliate enough for me, but the sensitive is perfect.

Also, I did purge when I started using this...it took a month before I got better...I almost quit using it because of the purging but the day spa I go to urged me to keep going saying that purging was normal and I am glad I stuck with it. So you may purge when you first use this, but do not give up. Only using it a week or two, you may not see all the results you can get with this brush!!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Kaylabean

So far I really love my clarisonic. I have only been using it a week and have noticed that there is far less makeup that comes off when I use my toner. My skin looks smooth and soft. I also just really ejoy using it. I got the new pink 2009 model on ebay for 160$. It came with 3 cleansers (which I don't think i'll use), and a sensitive head brush which I find to be soft and think it's the right one for me. I use it with my Lush AquaMarina cleanser and it works great. I'll update after using longer.
UPDATE- I had to stop using this. It gave me acne all over my face. Just little pimples but everywhere. Ive never had my skin like this. The SA at Sephora told me to use it 4 to 5 more weeks but I just can't stand my skin like this and I'm to scared it will get worse. Sorry clarisonic but you're not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2009 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Cole1973

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As a Retin-A user, I have not experienced any flaking and I attribute that to my use of this brush and PTR Buffing Beads daily. The dry flakes come off before becoming an unsightly mess

I fly for work A LOT... and this little wonder stick flies with me. Why is this impressive... I have had various items in my suitcase including suitcases them selves that havent survived the rampers treatment of my bags at various airlines. It holds its charge for 2x a day use for up to 3 weeks, which is great for when you forget to charge it between trips.

My husband even uses it with great results... winter dry skin for him is a problem and he is resistant to using product to fix the flake.

Although it is pricy, it has outlasted its warenty 3x so far, and has been a wonder tool for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by AngelaBetsey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let's first say this is not a miracle product, at least not for every skin type. I am oily with large pores and impacted blackheads. Those people who say their blackheads disappeared must have had little bitty guys who sit on the surface, because mine, when extracted, are the length of a baby's pinky nail - no amount of cleansing is going to magically extricate that. My first week, my nose broke out (not uncommon for me) and I was super oily, in 20 degree January. But that passed. I DO feel super clean, and I really do see the pores minimizing. I am very pleased about that. Most importantly, I have a trouble pore under my nose that constantly fills up - i extract, it fills up again. It had not filled up in a month, and that's almost amazing. So the thing works - ONCE the pores are clean.

The real test will be this summer, when I'm an oil slick. But while it's not the end all be all, I'm pretty pleased with it. Is it worth $195? No, but I'll keep it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2009 10:15:00 AM More reviews by PeaceBaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My sister and I each purchased one of these three months ago. She was so excited to get one, and because she is very critical make up, lotions and potions, I figured I needed one too. Initially we both loved it. Three weeks later she took hers back to the store, proclaiming that it did nothing. I waited so see if longer term usage had better results. I think she was right on this one. I took mine back yesterday.

Over all, it is not worth the money. Yes the vibration is initially intoxicating. But, I never saw any results. (I still had my cycle of pre-period pimples, leading me to think that my skin problems are hormonal). I suppose it is a great way to maintain a skincare regime, kind of like training wheels. To me this product is just ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by brittdes

I am so excited to see others' comments are similar to my own... I can actually say that at 39, having never left the house in 25 years without makeup, I finally have found my saving grace. I received this as a Christmas present this year and began using it immediately (2 months now). I noticed some subtle changes pretty early on but the mind-blowing results took about 6 weeks of a religious twice daily routine - first trying the cleansers it came with and then using my own (REN Mayblossom And Blue Cypress Facial Wash). I have always had oily skin with large pores, terrible texture and acne (in all honesty, exacerbated by my picking - vicious cycle). I am truly shocked and thrilled! The texture of my skin is night and day different! No more acne, amazing texture, dark spots dissipating, even fine lines are reducing (my older friend, age 60, says she is gently using it on her eyes to improve fine lines - I am going to try this too). I don't have insurance I have spent a ton of money going through the turnstile of several derms that have only told me to stay out of the sun, wanted to write scripts or sell me products. I have also bought whatever I could find that said could help. No one ever told me my skin was dirty or offered a remedy that actually worked (I was determined not to go on Accutane). I can recall one dr telling me that "you can never change the molecular structure of your skin." If I had only known then, what I have now found in a little handheld gizmo. My skin is clean and consistently better at now that at any point in my life. I have since began using it on my neck, chest, arms, even hands, etc. (will see how that goes). Another notable point... this product costs less than any derm appt I have ever had as well as any treatment that has been recommended.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by littlebearsmom

So I haven't received mine yet, but I will update this once I do. I had to post on the deal I got for anyone else looking to buy one right now.

Folica.com has them on sale for 153.00. There is also a 15% off coupon on skincare products through the end of February (SKIN15) which brought my order to 130.00 (free shipping!). If you're an ebates member, folica.com also does 6% cashback, bringing the total order to $125. Good deal if you've been holding off due to the $200 price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2009 4:00:00 AM More reviews by smileyjoolie

OMG I found my savior! I finally know how clean skin feels like, and I have NOT had a single pimple since I started this two weeks ago. I use to have periodic breakout problems which tends to last for weeks, but now I know its because my pores were clogged all the time! Clarisonic really cleans. I highly recommend using some sort of cleansing cloth/cleansing product before using Clarisonic, just so the makeup is off and Clarisonic can really get in there and take off the left over dirt. I highly recommend this product.