April 17, 2014 | 1419 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cecchetti5

I think this is an okay facial exfoliator. My skin feels soft after using it. I may repurchase again just for a change. It's nothing extraordinary. I have sensitive-combo and it may work better for folks with normal skin. I like the whole natural factor.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Kat345

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great face scrub, leaves my skin soft and not irritated. Works great with the baby face cleanser, just put that on and then scrub with this on top. Makes your skin feel brand new!!!!

A definite HG of facial scrubs for me...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2007 1:02:00 PM More reviews by gin1tonic

I use this stuff once in a while as an exfoliator. It's natural so it feels good, but I do wonder if the ingredients stay fresh unless they put some type of product that sustains the ingredients.

I have normal to dry skin, and this is a great moisturizing exfoliant. While scrubbing, it leaves your face feeling smooth, skilky and rich. Good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2007 7:31:00 AM More reviews by mlsnts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I liked the smell and the texture. It's made from natural ingredients too. It exfoliates quite well although it didn't do wonders for my skin. I won't be repurchasing again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2007 6:07:00 AM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This messy & a bit of a hassle to use. Its nice on my skin - but not really that effective - i dont like harsh cleansers/exfoliators (I use PondsCCC now). I just think you have to rub too much at your face to get it to work at all. I dont like Lush products in general - but this is ok.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2007 3:46:00 PM More reviews by joeyemma

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a month now. I switched onto using Everyday Minerals makeup around the same time, so not sure which is to blame, however my skin is looking great. I keep getting compliments that my skin has never looked so clear. I normally have acne (not severe, but always about 3-4 crackers of spots at a time) and blackheads, however this has all calmed down since switching to this cleanser and makeup. My skin is oily over t-zone, however often gets dried out by using products specifically for oily skin.

As for actually using the cleanser, it has the weirdest texture ever. I find it works best with a pea sized drop on wet palms, with a couple of drops of warm water on top to help mush it up. I actually put it on a dry face as I find that it is nicely exfoliating. It smells lovely, not overpowering at all, unlike some other Lush products.

The only downside with this is that it needs a separate eye make up remover. I know some people might criticise the packaging (cheap plastic tub like from the deli), but I don't mind it.

Update- My skin went through a crazy weird phase about a month after I started using this. It was the only new skincare product in my regime, so I stopped using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2007 4:51:00 PM More reviews by tinachen0401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I enjoyed this wash. It makes my skin soft and I feel like my skin is moisturized. I love the smell of lavender so I think this smells devine. However, I don't think I will repurchase because as a cleanser alone, I have trouble getting my makeup off. As an exfoliator, it's not strong enough. I think it would be a nice wash for mornings though.

The ground almonds (i think) are nice as well. Not too harsh. But I have trouble keeping them on my face and not all falling into the sink.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Yatri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I give this a 5 for how it works and what it does for my skin! It is a great gentle cleansing exfoliator. I like the smell but I think thats just because I prefer the smell of natural essential oils to the chemically perfumy smell of so many cleansers. My only real complaint is that is is kind of difficult to use and a bit messy. It is like a crumbly clay that you have to get wet in your hand before you apply it. It took some getting used to but I still love how works on my skin. Between this and and Dream cream I have completely fixed my super dry skin. It is definitely not a cheap cleanser but so worth it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2007 3:54:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my very first Lush purchases.I'm not a fan of the smell but since it contains mostly natural ingredients, that's understandable.I have normal to dry skin and this cleanse and gently exfoliates without drying it afterwards.I use it twice a day, mornings and evenings after I removed my makeup.I love luxurious and easier-to-use cleansing products better but I still would repurchase this one once in a while when I want to let my skin breath and get calm with a natural treat.Even though I know all about their environmental policies and concerns, I still think Lush could do better in terms of packaging so maybe then we shouldn't have to use the product up within a month.EDIT: This gave me little red pimples on my nose.I really thought this works good for something that looks like mud but I can't tolerate the irritation effect so off to 1 the lippies go. So I will NOT REPURCHASE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 12:32:00 PM More reviews by miscreant_minx

Despite all the great reviews, I initially avoided this product because it was "exfoliating" and, to be honest, just sounded weird. Exfoliating products always feel too harsh on my face. I want a simple formula in a cleanser, but the ones I've tried that I liked always ended up making my skin feel drier and stripped in additon to that "clean" feeling.

Since I wasn't wowed by anyting else I'd tried, I decided to give this a whirl. And...wow. I definately did not expect to like it this much. First of all, as far as "exfoliating" goes, it feels more gentle than a wet terry washcloth. It felt lovely, and it left my skin whisper-soft. And it had a pleasant scent, which, while not necessary in a facial skin care product, was a nice bonus. The results were also impressive - my skin felt very clean, but not tight or dry or stripped. A little bit of moisturizer after and my skin has never felt so nice!

I don't have problem skin - just some large pores and blackheads around the nose. We'll see if this makes a difference there or not (nothing else has yet). But for someone who just wants a nice cleanser, this was all I could want at a reasonable price and then some.

Very impressed.