September 2, 2014 | 2226 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 More reviews by marleypup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

Everything I knew about skincare (or thought I knew!) flew in the face of this. It was too...
...simple! Too oily. Too...minimalist.

Packaged in a plastic deli pot, it won't win any beauty pageants. But the name is pretty, the smell is delicate, the price is right, and it lasts you 'til it goes off and you have to chuck it.

Like most LUSH solid cleansers, it's a pain to use at first. You have to take a pinch (a very small one!), mush it up into a paste with a few drops of warm water, and rub it onto damp skin.

I find that with this product you can rub harder to exfoliate more. Nice!

However it leaves a film that toner can't remove. Also, it doesn't do a terrible lot for my acne-prone skin. It leaves it soft and glowy, which is desirable, but I need a harsher cleanser. I would suggest people with normal, slightly-dry, or sensitive skin give this a spin.

I'll buy it again to exfoliate, perhaps.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sheepishgurl

Based on several reviews here, I decided to give this product a try. I was a little skeptical though. I thought it was too pricey. What if it did not even work? Hopefully, I was thinking that it would help with my breakouts or soften my skin. I really wish that the product did something. I had to even pay shipping and handling because there is no Lush store where I live. I had high hopes. But, the plastic container was small, and it did not last long. The smell was interesting. I did not hate it or love it. While i was washing with it, it made my face soft. But, later once my face was dry, I could not tell the difference. This product may work for some people, but it was just like water for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Joke

I couldn't deal with this product ... it's probably me being stupid, but I hated hated the texture. No way I wanted to smear THAT on my face :). Once mixed with water it looked like dirty clay ... And I didn't enjoy the smell either. I'm sticking to Philosophy Purity (looks nice and clear!).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by deanna424

I tried just about every product to help control my breakouts, but nothing was working. I decided to try this after reading the reviews here. It's a bit messy to use but it leaves my skin feeling smooth and glowing...and it smells great too. I've only been using it for 2 weeks but so far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by misspoppy

i use this product every day and is really helpful for preventing breakouts. i don't find it to be too strong. i use to use purity made simple by philosophy but i wouldn't go back to it after using lush. it leaves my skin really soft and is a great price.

update: i did have this as four stars but i have moved it up to five because after a month of using it my skin looks a lot better. i am not having breakouts anymore and the overall look and texture of my skin has improved. i highly recommend trying this product. i am also using the tea toner and celestial moisturizer and a lush mask twice a week. this has really improved my skin and best of all there are no nasty preservatives or chemicals!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 9:55:00 AM More reviews by maz123

I love this & the fresh farmacy. great for dry skin days. (+) lovely jasmine smell & (+) exfoliating texture.
5 stars!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by quirkykammie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I guess I'm too lazy to look for the perfect cleanser, so I've stuck with this one for over two years now. I like it enough; it clears up my skin when I have a breakout and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. My only gripe is the container. The lid on mine always ends up cracking and lets water get into the container. And believe me, you don't want any water to sit on the product, unless you like a nice thick layer of mold on your cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2007 5:17:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My goodness. What is all the fuss about this product, and how on earth did it become their number one cleanser? Ladies I could get the same resuls with a little milk of magnesia mixed with some fennel seed, crushed oatmeal, and a little pure essential lavendar oil.
I felt like I had just thrown 5.00 in a garbage can. I am so glad I had her cut this down for me . Maybe people like this because it makes them feel like it is a spa treatment. Get busy in the kitchen and make some on your own. This did not exfoliate well, left a slighty tacky feel to my skin, and won't remove my makeup.
It does have a nice smell though. Won't buy again. My Lush curiousity is over.
Updated: This also broke me out, and I rarely ever get a zit.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by expresslust

While this product does leave my skin feeling very smooth, it's nothing amazing. It's a bit tricky to use and it doesn't seem to really clean my skin. I found that I had to wash with another soap first, then use AOBS.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by pearllisch

I thakes a while to get used to this product, specially to find out how it works best for you. It took me about 2 weeks before I really knew how to use it well..

I use AOBS every morning under the shower, otherwise it gets really messy. I really like it, since it's the only scrub that doesn't irritate my skin or cause redness.
I don't have a bad skin, but I can see the results of using this product!
After I use it, my skin feels soft and moisturized, and it glows in a good way.
But after 10 minutes my skin gets a bit dry, not as dry as with other scrubs, but I really need to use a good cream.
After that, my skin feels perfect and make-up stays on longer.

I don't really like the smell, but you get use to it..
The price is good, it's not very cheap but it's worth it.

althought it makes my skin a bit dry, I would buy this product again. If you have a good moisturizer there's no problem.