October 23, 2014 | 887 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Marsha0708

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently started to use Nivea original cream, couple of months or so, (blue tin German version, we have it in Australia) and imo it is one of the best and cheapest moisturizers I have ever tried in my life. I used La Prairie and La Mer, Lancôme and Estee Lauder etc. For those who find it difficult to apply this creme, try to warm a small amount of it between your fingers/hands as you would do with La Mer and then PRESS it into your skin, don’t massage it in. Any product which contains paraffin can be difficult to apply and should be pre warmed. I think this is why you have to work the La Mer this way too.
I also find that Nivea cream works best and absorbs into my skin wonderfully if I first apply a bit of some liquid night serum (serum with Vitamin C would be great) and then apply Nivea.
I use Nivea under my eyes, so far mostly night time and find it very moisturising and comfortable just as it is with La Mer. I first warm up a tiny amount a bit and then gently press it around eye area and lightly pat.
One other thing I tried with Nivea cream: I bought Sea Kelp bioferment (missing ingredient - Cream De La Mer) from skinactives.com and tried to mix 1/3 of it to 2/3 of Nivea (pre-warm both separately in separate jars, good to use very warm/hot water for this purpose, just put the jars in hot water for a few minutes, then mix), and love the results even though both do not mix together completely. I am yet to try to simply first apply Sea Kelp and then Nivea on top and see how it feels.
Also, Nivea is great as a rich moisturising facial mask. I add a bit of fresh lemon juice - 1/2 tea spoon to 1 spoon of Nivea and apply the mixture to my face for 10-15 minutes. Then gently remove it using paper tissues…
At the moment I use both La Mer for a few days then Nivea for a few days just to compare. I honestly can’t see much difference between the two.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

Thanks MUAers for reminding me of this wonderful product. I grew up using this on every part of my body and it worked wonderfully then and still does now. I have been searching for a "heavy" moisturizer for my winter skin. Nivea does the job beautifully. I use it as a night cream, eye cream and lip balm before I go to bed. I also apply a light slather under my make-up and my skin tolerates it well. (Maybe not such a good idea if you have oily skin or break out easily).I will probably have to use something lighter on my face once the summer gets here but for now my skin is happy in a Nivea cocoon. I have and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I wrote a whole list of stuff that its good for but everyone has done that so I'm going to share a tip or two with you. Apparently the difference between this and La Mer is that La Mer turns liquidy once warmed up (and the seaweed extract blah blah blah). Now I thought it must be down to extra oil content soooo I added some DHC olive oil (about 5-10ml into the 50ml tub) and mixed well.

It absorbs much faster than before, really makes a difference AND liquefies once warmed. Take that La Mer! You can use any base oil of your choice and if you are feeling adventurous you could add an essential oil. For facial use - only use one drop per ml. I used rose oil.

I compared my pimped version with Nivea Soft (supposed to be a thinner version) and the latter clogs my pores surprisingly. Mine does not, plus I make sure my facial wash/cleanser cleans really well and this should avoid build up in your pores. I rated it a four as I haven't used it for a month straight. Will update if I have problems.

Update - Is a little bit rich for my skin to use every day but as a multi purpose product it can't be beaten.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Cicc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing basic, rich mositurizer, for dry spots: on feet and heels, hands, nose in winter and sometimes on my neck, when feeling dry. I also use this as an eye cream morning and night, as it keeps the sensitive eye are hydrated and supple.

Pleasant smell, non-greasy, sinks in amazingly and just simply quenches my thirsty skin, soothing it as well. And think of it, this product came out in 1911. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Jzgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I ordered the German version from Drugstore.com or Beauty.com (I can't remember) because the posts sort of led me in that direction. Something about mineral oil not being the first ingredient as in the Mexican version. I use this cream for everything.

The container is huge, come on! .... .and the smell is pretty nice. I just got over a bad cold and used it all over my face and concentrated on my nose from tissue use, and not a bit of redness, drying or peeling as usually happens even from aquafor.

It's the last thing on my face at night, after the serums and moisturizers, etc. Sounds like overkill but believe me it makes my rather "mature" skin look unbelievable in the am. Love love love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by ktk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail. This is not breaking me out when used on my face. As the weather changes (colder and drier), with Nivea my skin seems perfectly balanced. I cleanse with Neutrogena Acne-Prone Skin bar and smooth on just a tiny amount of Nivea Creme, and my skin is happy all day. A little under the eyes, and my concealer applies smoothly. I tissue off the excess before applying makeup ( I only wear rice powder) and my skin just looks-normal, and healthy! I have tried the giant glass jar and the little tins (both made in Mexico), and ordered the German version in the 400 ml tin also just to compare- I am not noticing much of a difference. I reserve the tiny tins for facial use only to avoid contamination, but I use this stuff all over after bathing. I can't get enough! It's cheap, it works, and it's "less" toxic than a lot of other moisturizers out there. I've been using it now for two months and can safely say it works for me. It works for my itchy dry 11-year old boy, too! I am looking for simpler, less dangerous beauty products (paraben-free, endocrine disruptor-free) and thought I was out of luck when jojoba oil and sweet almond oil broke me out- Nivea to the rescue.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Nadiia3mmx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mum recomended this product. And as a child i always used it when i was on holiday to keep my skin mosturized as it gets very dry from the sun and water.
For a week now i have been applying it as a mosturizer on my face before my makeup. I have to say i am very impressed, i have oily skin so i wasnt to sure if my face was going to become a oily mess through the day, but safe to say, it didnt! I was very pleased and i love how it makes my skin feel soft. The only down point is it is VERY thick, but it does still soak in!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Bellepedia

Nivea Creme..the one that comes in a Navy Blue pastic pot.Ive bought this product when its winter and need a basic moisture for elbows, knees etc. Soon later, I saw in the commercial, people wearing it on face as well.

So, Ive applied it on face, massaged for abt a minute and then washed off. Though there is no moistened feel of the skin, but after 6-7 hours, I could see that there are several pimples all across my face.
I thought that it wouldnt suit face, started to use on hands n legs. Wonder! It broke out my skin over there too. End of my story. IVe handed it to my sis to try, and the twist in the story, she returned that to me,,saying that its crap.

I just have to dump it in the bin..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by cinnamin2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

its thick and creamy and it hydrates my dry, acne prone retin-a loving skin. it has not broken me out and it has evened out my complexion and my hyperpigmentation marks dont seem to last as long as usual!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by CINDAAA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

My whole family uses this! Ive watched my mom put this stuff on everyday since i was a baby. Its greasy but it doesn't break me out. This stuff is amazing in the winter when my skin dries out. i have the big glass container of this cream. I loooove the smell! i would repurchase this until the day i die!