December 17, 2014 | 1634 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ShareenaDean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

it is cheap and very basic. it is sticky and it doesn't absorb well though it doesn't cause any breakouts, which is a very good thing! it is a good keep for winter in finland! :")

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by drusilla17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this. I got it for like a $1 at the counter when i was checking out. it is a very thick cream but not to thick. The smell can be a bit strong but its not bad. It absorbs in the skin well even though it is thick. This is worth a try rather then paying for a real expensive one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2009 1:04:00 AM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Edited to add (1/24/10) Now that I've learned that the philosophy HIAJ formulation has been altered and I've attributed those changes to my skin not getting much bang for that buck (reason why I researched the ingredient lists), I am using Nivea each night along with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle cream around my orbital eye area. This arrangement is working just fine for me. (The WHINE serum has been discontinued and so I've discontinued use of that product and the C powder as well, and my skin seems to appreciate the change.)

It's a classic which remains wonderful. It does what it's supposed to do, moisturize and seal in moisture. My face loves this stuff, while it detests silicones, so I luck out for the cheaper method of locking in moisture. I've switched from Albolene to this luxurious cream in the past month, and I use my philosophy products on the alternate nights. My skin is blemish-free and I can see a slight evening out of a few lingering splotches of melasma from years ago. Just a small amount is needed and it soaks right in.

Summers are hot and dry where I live so I can see myself using this old-timer's beauty secret even through the summer. I'd considered Nivea for several years but kept spending money on the HE stuff which didn't do half of what Nivea does. The reviews on MUA convinced me to go with this good old classic. I'm so glad I did and I thank MUA for their help!

I like the little tub and don't mind using my fingers; it reminds me of the days of my childhood when elderly women applied simple effective lotions to their skin and looked beautiful at 75. It helps me to feel good about not being a youngster anymore.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Fbsq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i ve bought this product when i was in a hurry and wanted something to keep my face hydrated...well it did the job... but i don really like the feel of it... SO thick and sticky... doesnt spread out on the face easily... i don think i ll buy it again... but its not that bad for the price either

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2009 12:43:00 AM More reviews by luckyyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

toooo rich i dont really like it!! but the smell is good thought!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Marsha0708

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently started to use Nivea original cream, couple of months or so, (blue tin German version, we have it in Australia) and imo it is one of the best and cheapest moisturizers I have ever tried in my life. I used La Prairie and La Mer, Lancôme and Estee Lauder etc. For those who find it difficult to apply this creme, try to warm a small amount of it between your fingers/hands as you would do with La Mer and then PRESS it into your skin, don’t massage it in. Any product which contains paraffin can be difficult to apply and should be pre warmed. I think this is why you have to work the La Mer this way too.
I also find that Nivea cream works best and absorbs into my skin wonderfully if I first apply a bit of some liquid night serum (serum with Vitamin C would be great) and then apply Nivea.
I use Nivea under my eyes, so far mostly night time and find it very moisturising and comfortable just as it is with La Mer. I first warm up a tiny amount a bit and then gently press it around eye area and lightly pat.
One other thing I tried with Nivea cream: I bought Sea Kelp bioferment (missing ingredient - Cream De La Mer) from skinactives.com and tried to mix 1/3 of it to 2/3 of Nivea (pre-warm both separately in separate jars, good to use very warm/hot water for this purpose, just put the jars in hot water for a few minutes, then mix), and love the results even though both do not mix together completely. I am yet to try to simply first apply Sea Kelp and then Nivea on top and see how it feels.
Also, Nivea is great as a rich moisturising facial mask. I add a bit of fresh lemon juice - 1/2 tea spoon to 1 spoon of Nivea and apply the mixture to my face for 10-15 minutes. Then gently remove it using paper tissues…
At the moment I use both La Mer for a few days then Nivea for a few days just to compare. I honestly can’t see much difference between the two.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2009 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mdbutee

Thanks MUAers for reminding me of this wonderful product. I grew up using this on every part of my body and it worked wonderfully then and still does now. I have been searching for a "heavy" moisturizer for my winter skin. Nivea does the job beautifully. I use it as a night cream, eye cream and lip balm before I go to bed. I also apply a light slather under my make-up and my skin tolerates it well. (Maybe not such a good idea if you have oily skin or break out easily).I will probably have to use something lighter on my face once the summer gets here but for now my skin is happy in a Nivea cocoon. I have and will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 11:01:00 AM More reviews by kekecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I wrote a whole list of stuff that its good for but everyone has done that so I'm going to share a tip or two with you. Apparently the difference between this and La Mer is that La Mer turns liquidy once warmed up (and the seaweed extract blah blah blah). Now I thought it must be down to extra oil content soooo I added some DHC olive oil (about 5-10ml into the 50ml tub) and mixed well.

It absorbs much faster than before, really makes a difference AND liquefies once warmed. Take that La Mer! You can use any base oil of your choice and if you are feeling adventurous you could add an essential oil. For facial use - only use one drop per ml. I used rose oil.

I compared my pimped version with Nivea Soft (supposed to be a thinner version) and the latter clogs my pores surprisingly. Mine does not, plus I make sure my facial wash/cleanser cleans really well and this should avoid build up in your pores. I rated it a four as I haven't used it for a month straight. Will update if I have problems.

Update - Is a little bit rich for my skin to use every day but as a multi purpose product it can't be beaten.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Cicc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing basic, rich mositurizer, for dry spots: on feet and heels, hands, nose in winter and sometimes on my neck, when feeling dry. I also use this as an eye cream morning and night, as it keeps the sensitive eye are hydrated and supple.

Pleasant smell, non-greasy, sinks in amazingly and just simply quenches my thirsty skin, soothing it as well. And think of it, this product came out in 1911. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Jzgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I ordered the German version from Drugstore.com or Beauty.com (I can't remember) because the posts sort of led me in that direction. Something about mineral oil not being the first ingredient as in the Mexican version. I use this cream for everything.

The container is huge, come on! .... .and the smell is pretty nice. I just got over a bad cold and used it all over my face and concentrated on my nose from tissue use, and not a bit of redness, drying or peeling as usually happens even from aquafor.

It's the last thing on my face at night, after the serums and moisturizers, etc. Sounds like overkill but believe me it makes my rather "mature" skin look unbelievable in the am. Love love love.