July 29, 2014 | 1165 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2006 5:50:00 PM More reviews by skywalkerbeth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My tip top ab-fab favorite scent of all time. I can't believe only 62% would buy it again. Heresy!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the classic bottle; I hate the scent. It is the first, but I do not think this evokes "woman" by any means. Who said a woman had to smell like fancy baby powder. Regardless of its history, it still smells like "old posh lady" in black suits, pearls, a wig and her red leather handbag. To use Nicole Kidman for the ads is a mismatch. She is too delicate for this scent. Someone like AISHWARYA RAI would be suitable to pull off this scent as its spokesmodel or another dark-haired creamy-skinned vixen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2006 11:58:00 PM More reviews by NPC_Citizen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorites, classical and feminine. The only draw back is the ezpense, but however there are not many fragrances that smell nicer than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2006 2:50:00 PM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are some very harsh reviews below about No5. And I really can't understand that. This is an amazing, classic, elegant, feminine fragrance. There is nothing foul about this scent at all. Women of all ages can pull this off. It's soft, floral and a little powdery. Good for day and evening. It is just PERFECT.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 3:40:00 PM More reviews by sket

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There has been enough description of this so I won't bore you with more. I'm very picky with my perfumes, so the fact that this gets full marks from me means a lot in my book. No5 is made a memorable classic for me in part because of the fantastic packaging, which really is CLASSIC in every sense of the word. There are few others places in 20th century advertising that a black and white logo has been used to such effect. The bottle is so sleek and timeless too. In the beginning (ten or so years ago) I took a while to warm to this, but once I did there has been no looking back. Its in my top five scents, if not my top two. It really never fails, all occasions, all year round. I know Chanel No 5 a mile off, in a room of a hundred different scents. Its floral lightness is cuddled by a powderiness that keeps it from being harsh, despite the hit of aldehydes that make it like a drink of the very best champagne. I recently tried Yvresse by YSL which is also named Champagne and because I like No 5's champagne quality I tried Yvresse. However this was so sweet and cloying I found myself longing for the real deal, Chanel No5. I went and got a new bottle of No5 immediately. Nuff said.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2006 3:21:00 AM More reviews by scottigirl_01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

My husband smelled this and said, wide eyed, "this smells like sex...in a good way". He is 38, so not all that old. It had time to settle on me, several hours, before he smelled it. I used to wear Chanel No.5 a long time before I met my husband, but I am going back out tomorrow to buy the EDP and the after bath powder. Maybe he might start paying a wee bit more attention to the Mrs. hee hee. I remember reading that in an interview Marilyn Monroe was asked what she slept in and she responded, "Chanel No.5"...nothing else, just Chanel No.5. I'm not sure why that has stuck in my head, but she did have such a sexuality to her. I guess my DH has a pretty good nose.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2006 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Rainbowcrushed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ugh. My boyfriend actually bought this as a gift thinking he was being thoughtful and romantic. It smelled horrible in the bottle and even worse on my skin. It reminds me of babys breath, that horrible cheap white flower they always put in rose bouquets.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 1:48:00 PM More reviews by 4zombori

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't beleive some people don't like Chanel No.5! I LOVE IT & am lucky enough that it smells wonderful on my skin too. Interestingly, it smells very modern & clean to me when I wear it in the winter, but I do get some of the "old lady" notes after an hour or so in the summer. I first started wearing this as a teenager after I read a reference to it in Paul Zindel's "The Undertaker's Gone Bananas" (it's the fragrance Mrs. Hulka wore...does anyone else here know that reference?). I had to know what Mrs. Hulka smelled like--I loved Chanel No.5 the minute I smelled it! So elegant & grown up. This remains one of my top favorite fragrances. I don't wear it everyday anymore--just every now & then to keep it special & to invoke memories!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2006 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Fabiochanel

Ah CHANEL N 5 !!!!!!!!
How do begin to describe how much i love this perfume!!
I have loved this since i first smelled it since i was 4 years old on my sisters vanitytable!! and I wore it the rest of my life ok im still young but fine!!
The delicate smell of roses jasmine and those wonderfull powdery aldehydes are just unsurpased there is nothing like it on this planet!!
Although i ONLY wear Parfum or Eau de Parfum the Eau the toilet is not bad it's light but very enjoyeble! I use it with the entire bath and bodyline to strenghten the smell of it! Im soooo adicted to the after bath powder and the essential oils!
This is the most elegant,chicest,classy perfume ever madeand it fits with all styles and all ages!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2006 1:36:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for my mother in law as a mothers day gift because I figured you can't go wrong with getting an (older) lady Chanel No.5. Too bad she never wears it, and I can't say I blame her, I personally hate it. When smelling it out of the bottle it reminds me of something some old WASPy lady like Martha Stewart would wear. I never smelled it on my skin though, so maybe it smells better that way. Boy do I hope so. Oh well I got it on sale, and it was better than getting the MIL potholders or something.