October 23, 2014 | 1536 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 9:01:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using natural (unheated, unfiltered, etc. but not Braggs brand) apple cider vinegar for several weeks and noticed an improvement in my skin. It does not prevent hormonal breakouts (aaaururghghg!!!) but does speed up healing! It simply evens everything out nicely. I've noticed fewer blackheads. I've been using a concentration of about 1 part vinegar to 2 parts strong green tea. Using this pure STINGS, but diluted is OK. The smell dissipates after a few minutes. Can only recommend this, at least try it! **UPDATE** I have been using this elsewhere on my body, including on my back where I occasionally break out, and on my *scalp* where I get itchiness and breakouts in the winter. This stuff is wonderful!!! If anyone has any scientific, neutral information about how this product works, please send me a MUAmail!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Aeon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just started using this stuff. I bought the Trader Joe's version. It's pasturized and organic, and has the "mother", web-like substance at the bottom of the jar. I mixed 2 parts water, 1 part acv, with 20 drops of tea tree oil, and 15 or so of lavender oil. Skin looks somewhat better, no new breakouts, but I'll have to stick with it through next week to see if it really will make a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 6:37:00 PM More reviews by fromtheground

this works wonderfully! i tried it at first with store-brand ACV, and my skin became very red & irritated. i bought the small bottle of bragg's organic/unfiltered ACV with mother & decided to try again. i mixed 1/4 C of bragg's ACV with 3/4 C strong brewed green tea (made with spring water). i've been using it for about a week and my skin has been fabulous! so soft & positively glowing. i usually have a lot of red spots and/or blemishes but since using this my face has been much clearer. i'm so glad i found out about this!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2005 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ella05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could mix one drop in a bucket of water and this stuff would *still* irritate my skin. What a shame considering how inexpensive it is!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2005 1:13:00 AM More reviews by vanitysmurf

Way too strong for me. Diluted it and didn't seem to do anything more than irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2005 7:53:00 PM More reviews by emmazamora2000

I LOVE this toner. I made my own version: 1/2 apple cider vinegar, 1/2 distilled rose water (99 cents from the persian store) and a few drops of tea tree oil. I have oily/combo skin and this worked for me. I gave some to a friend who has normal skin and it worked for her too.

This works well with my homemade moisturizer: 4/5 extra virgin olive oil, 1/5 Vit E and CQ10 (squeezed from the gel tablet). Perfect combo!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2005 12:53:00 AM More reviews by a_la_gamine

Wow. This is absolutely amazing. I used a modified version of carekate's recipe: 1 part apple cider vinegar, 3 parts white tea, a dash of Black Phoenix perfume oil to mask the vinegar smell. This is my first day of using it and already my pores are noticeably smaller, the redness of my blemishes have diminished, my skin feels a lot softer, and I can see a few of my blemishes starting to come to a head. I can't wait 'til the anti-acne power fully kicks in. I just wish I had discovered this earlier, before I spent a fortune on brand name toners. Thanks, MUA!

Update: I think my skin became immune to this. Now whenever I use this it just makes me smell bad. So I'm going to stop using it. And it didn't really help my acne all that much. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by suyee

i started using this 2 weeks ago upon a sudden flare up on my sensitive combo skin.it was recommended by a pharmacist at a drugstore. at first i was afraid to mix it with my normal skincare routine as vinegar is quite acidic and might caused a reaction towards my skin n my face will then be a experimental ground...but the pharmacist said "it's fine, it's an organic acid, wouldn't cause much trouble." and i truste dher words. when i got home at night, after cleansing, i mix it with 1-1 ratio distilled water and apply it to my face with cotton pads.it stung my face so badly and my face turned tomato red. i noticed thers's some peeling on my face also but luckily the pain n redness subsided in a few minutes time. i did felt my face was softer n remarkably clean and then i follow up with my normal daily moisturization.
i was reluctant to continue but eventually i did continue using it anyway. until now, the third week, my overall complexion was fresher and it glows. hardly any breakout nowadays even there is, it'll be tiny little ones. the few acne marks on my face are slowly fading. try to avoid lips and eye area as it tends to dehydrate those delicate skin. Upon discovering this, i replace my toner with Bragg's. it definitely does a better job than any other toners i've used b4, minus the smell and sting which are to consider as *endurable* for me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great inexpensive toner. I think it is best when it is in a ratio of 2 parts of water to 1 part vinegar otherwise can be irritating to the skin. Really makes my skin feel soft and smooth. The odor dissapates quickly once it dries and you apply your other skin care products. I noticed that using this along with AHA/BHA peels, my skin got really dry and flaky so I have stopped using the toner for the time being. Update : Mixing 1/8C in 1Cup of water and rinsing hair with after shampooing seals the hair cuticle and restores the pH.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2005 12:50:00 AM More reviews by tkeeman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What can I say...apple cider vinegar is the best!! I was EXTREMELY skeptical being a self proclaimed skin care snob, but decided I had nothing to lose...so off to the natural food store I went. I DO think the brand makes a difference, especialy after visiting the Bragg's website. My mixture was a little Carekate's and a little my own. In an 8 oz. bottle, I mixed 4 oz. ACV, 3 oz. green tea, almost 1 oz. purified water, 7 drops lavender (antiseptic), 5 drops bergamot (healing) and 3 drops neroli (helps with potential scaring & smell). I have been using this mixture for about 2 weeks now and what a difference. The texture of my skin is so smooth and my tone is more even. My congestion and blackheads are still lurking but are extracted much easier, like they want to come out. I have recommended this fabulous mixture to tons of people and will continue to do so. I love this stuff. Long live Bragg's!!