August 21, 2014 | 1970 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2005 11:26:00 AM More reviews by suyee

i started using this 2 weeks ago upon a sudden flare up on my sensitive combo skin.it was recommended by a pharmacist at a drugstore. at first i was afraid to mix it with my normal skincare routine as vinegar is quite acidic and might caused a reaction towards my skin n my face will then be a experimental ground...but the pharmacist said "it's fine, it's an organic acid, wouldn't cause much trouble." and i truste dher words. when i got home at night, after cleansing, i mix it with 1-1 ratio distilled water and apply it to my face with cotton pads.it stung my face so badly and my face turned tomato red. i noticed thers's some peeling on my face also but luckily the pain n redness subsided in a few minutes time. i did felt my face was softer n remarkably clean and then i follow up with my normal daily moisturization.
i was reluctant to continue but eventually i did continue using it anyway. until now, the third week, my overall complexion was fresher and it glows. hardly any breakout nowadays even there is, it'll be tiny little ones. the few acne marks on my face are slowly fading. try to avoid lips and eye area as it tends to dehydrate those delicate skin. Upon discovering this, i replace my toner with Bragg's. it definitely does a better job than any other toners i've used b4, minus the smell and sting which are to consider as *endurable* for me

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2005 5:58:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great inexpensive toner. I think it is best when it is in a ratio of 2 parts of water to 1 part vinegar otherwise can be irritating to the skin. Really makes my skin feel soft and smooth. The odor dissapates quickly once it dries and you apply your other skin care products. I noticed that using this along with AHA/BHA peels, my skin got really dry and flaky so I have stopped using the toner for the time being. Update : Mixing 1/8C in 1Cup of water and rinsing hair with after shampooing seals the hair cuticle and restores the pH.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2005 12:50:00 AM More reviews by tkeeman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What can I say...apple cider vinegar is the best!! I was EXTREMELY skeptical being a self proclaimed skin care snob, but decided I had nothing to lose...so off to the natural food store I went. I DO think the brand makes a difference, especialy after visiting the Bragg's website. My mixture was a little Carekate's and a little my own. In an 8 oz. bottle, I mixed 4 oz. ACV, 3 oz. green tea, almost 1 oz. purified water, 7 drops lavender (antiseptic), 5 drops bergamot (healing) and 3 drops neroli (helps with potential scaring & smell). I have been using this mixture for about 2 weeks now and what a difference. The texture of my skin is so smooth and my tone is more even. My congestion and blackheads are still lurking but are extracted much easier, like they want to come out. I have recommended this fabulous mixture to tons of people and will continue to do so. I love this stuff. Long live Bragg's!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by smm1977red

I am mainly just answering your question on where vinegar is good for your skin. Its fine for your skin it is an acid so it is actually nice for your skin. And the reason why the asprin works so nice is because it is a form of salicylic acid.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 6:17:00 PM More reviews by carlalikesmakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

okay, i read the reviews on here and thought i'd give it a try. i've been using heinz acv (un-diluted) mixed w/ a bunch of asprin tablets. i had this pimple that was still under the surface, but red. so i use this toner mixed w/ aspirin, and the next day it had already come to a head, and now it's leaving. all this in like 2 days. i was really pleased, because i could tell that this was the kind of pimple that lasts like a week. the only thing i wonder is, is this good for your skin, i mean health wise? vinegar is used to pickle vegetables and whatnot, can that hurt your skin? and yes, i have to make a comment about the smell, it's just rank. yuck. it smells like very dirty, stinky feet. but other than that, i love it. much better luck w/ this than the aspirin mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 10:30:00 PM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! What is the deal with ACV that makes it so amazing for your face. I cannot stop touching my face, it is soooo soft and smooth! I used ACV from the grocery store and mixed it 2/3 vinegar and 1/3 purified water. Then I added about 20 - 25 drops of tea tree oil and 10 - 12 crushed aspirin. Yes... it does NOT smell pleasant, but the smell only lasts a minute or two. Also, when you add the crushed aspirin, you are going to have to give a good shake before applying, b/c the aspiring settles on the bottom. It is so easy to make, so inexpensive and works so well to soften your skin and smooth out your complextion. I have always been very inconsistent in my use of a toner, but since seeing the results from this one, I am hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2005 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Dableu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It really works WONDER !!!!!!!!

I can't find Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar in Indonesia. However , I used S&W Apple Cider Vinegar. Used 2 parts of ACV , 1 part of water and 10 drops of Tea tree Oil from body shop.Apply it on my oily face nightly and on my back 2 x every shower for the past 3 days ( don't worry , the smell will disspitate ). I just see the result few mins ago. My face is fairer and radiant.and my 2 weeks acne marks suddenly turn very light grey.Plus I have these icky black spot scars due to backne and they are lighter in color...by 50 %. How amazingggggggggggggg !!Perhaps it will be great for after shave. I just use it after shaving my legs.I will post again if it helps in minimizing those nasty ingrown hair. I am ready to shop for those backless gown for the coming christmas party !!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2005 3:43:00 AM More reviews by primo1

i love this ACV! i mix 1 part ACV to 2 parts water. i use this every night. my acne marks fade so much faster than any other toners out there. it also makes my skin smooth and soft. the smell isn't that bad also. so overall, i really, really love this toner! (knock on wood)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2005 9:07:00 AM More reviews by rapid_drivethru

Okay, first of all, THIS TONER IS AMAZING!
Expect some bumps or so in the first few weeks (I guess all the gunk in your pores is being taken out), and if you stick to it, your skin is going to look awesome. Your zits AND your blackheads will disappear. Mine just did.

The price is dirt cheap. And a bottle will last you a looong time. PLUS it delivers results no other high end toner can.

The smell does not bother me anymore, but it is kind of strong, so I only use this at night. For day, I use witch hazel.

I've tried carekate's recipe but this one works even better:

2/3 apple cider vinegar
1/3 purified water
Uncoated Aspirin

Shake 'em up in a bottle. (The amount of aspirin depends on how big your container is. I use around 1-2 aspirins in an 80ml bottle)

Oh, yeah. STORE IT IN THE REFRIGERATOR!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 3:05:00 PM More reviews by fmbaker

Hmm. Now I'm wondering if I've been over-zealous. I've suddenly got a very fine, bumpy, colorless rash on my cheeks. I have been putting a lot of undiluted ACV on my face lately. Has anyone else had their skin react to it this way? It's eitehr the ACV or my new Lancome Double Finish powder.