Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 3/18/2005 10:51:00 PM

I started using this a month ago and it's by far the cheapest foundation I've ever used, but it's great. It doesn't break me out like most other makeups do. I also had little red spots on my face that are gone now that I've been using this (must be the BHA). The jar does suck, but I can live with it.

on 3/6/2005 4:56:00 PM

Though this foundation is the only one I've ever bought that matches my skin exactly, it isn't the best foundation out there. It looks amazing when I first put it on, but it feels incredibly greasy within the hour and looks horrible. The bottle is also horrible; the widemouthed jar ends up spilling in my makeup bag.

on 3/1/2005 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought this was great after using a sample from a magazine so after rushing out and buying the full size I was more than a little disappointed.

EFFECT:
ARGH ... am I turning into a reptile or what. Goes on smooth and dewy but once it dries my skin is left tight and crackly. Definitely not the nice smooth matt finish I was expecting.

COLOUR:
I purchased "Bisque" which was a perfect match for me, although I have noticed that in places that I've tried to dot it on as a concealer, it shows up quite orange.

PACKAGING:
Absolutely TERRIBLE! Would be much better with a pump, but comes in a stupid wide mouth bottle so that there is no control over how much comes out, and it all manages to collect around the lid etc.

I had high hopes for this but I definitely won't be buying again - in fact I'm off out to get myself something different right now!

on 3/1/2005 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product broke me out. It's just wrong when a foundation called Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup breaks you out.

This foundation does have very nice coverage that looks very natural. The colors are also very natural and pretty. It leaves a healthy and slightly dewy finish.

But that doesn't really matter if it causes you to break out even though its called CLEAR COMPLEXION BLEMISH HEALING MAKEUP. so annoyed.

on 2/21/2005 5:45:00 PM

This is kind of my go-to liquid foundation. I am 19 and have dealt with mild/moderate acne in the past...I no longer use Differin (haven't for about 2 years) and my skin has given me absolutely no problems.. .I don't know if it is because my hormones have settled down or because of this makeup...(likely a combination haha). Almay has great natural looking shades and this formula looks and feels really smooth and nice...the coverage is a bit on the heavier side, but def. not too opague for everyday wear...the downside is the messy, messy bottle..

on 2/21/2005 5:16:00 PM

This is a very good foundation if you like those kind that go on kinda thick yet you can still see you're skin a bit, ya know? I gave it a three though because all of the colors are yellow based and the lightest one was too dark. I guess where they are based everyone is tan or something...I think I'll be using this after the summer...

on 2/17/2005 2:11:00 PM

The packaging sucks! It doesn't last very long. Blah I just don't like it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

PACKAGING IS TERRIBLE!! Not to mention the colour selection!! Price is amazing....as well the concept is good. For the first few months I really enjoyed this product, but once I got onto my second bottle, and the colder weather was approaching (Octoberish) I really started to fall out of love with this. I started to break out more...and I'm assuming its cuz of this because once I stopped using it I was fine again. Overall its really not so bad for a drugstore product. I definitely would encourage people to try it. URGH THE BOTTLE SUX THOUGH!! Freakin mess!!!

on 2/4/2005 12:33:00 AM

This is a nice foundation but for the color selection, which by Almay standards is very disappointing. They really need a shade between 01 Ivory and 02 Naked. Based on reading the reviews here I am not the only one who falls between those two shades. (I am MAC NC20, Stila B, Bobbi Brown/Laura Mercier Warm Ivory.) If you can find a color that matches, this a decent foundation. It has a fairly light texture that is easy to apply and blend. Coverage is light to medium. It has a matte finish but in terms of staying matte throughout the day I'd give it a so so rating. I didn't have any problems with the packaging but I didn't attempt to store it in a makeup bag.

on 2/1/2005 4:02:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The lady at the drustore I bought this from tried different shades on me and found the right one (beige 06 if I remember correctly) so I didn't have any problems with colour =). And It felt very light and made my skin look completely natural. Best of all, it hid all my scars when I used it with a concealer and I didn't break out after I used it. But I TOTALLY agree about the packaging. It's a sturdy bottle, but what's with that lid?! It leaked in my makeup bag (but I caught it in time, thank goodness) and stuff builds up inside the lid. Not pretty.