September 22, 2014 | 2043 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2003 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lisamarie311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ADORE THIS STUFF! I've polished off 2 entire tubes already (which for product junkie me is unbelievably rare!). I am in my mid 30's, and while I still suffer from breakouts, my skin is not nearly as oily as it was when I was a teen. This doubles as a cleanser/mask. As a cleanser, I find this to be super-effective at removing makeup and oil (due to the kaolin clay and glycerin) without overstripping my drier areas. Contains 3% BP, which seems to be just the dose I need to help clear me up. When I'm feeling greasy or have a breakout, I apply it as a mask after cleansing with it first. It feels tingly-cool (but not too tingly!) and leaves my skin feeling clean and baby soft. The next day I can tell my pimples are getting smaller and starting to heal. I now have my girlfriend hooked on this stuff, and she has her teen sister hooked as well! P.S. Did I mention how much I ADORE THIS STUFF? lol P.S.S. I definitely would not recommend you remove your eye makeup with this, as BP is way too drying for the delicate eye area!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2003 11:07:00 PM More reviews by lisamarie311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by gainsbourg

I've just started to use this dual-function product, and I must say, it's been working quite nicely to clear up some blemishes on my cheek and chin area. The benzoyl peroxide is very strong, however, so I don't use the face wash every day; three times a week does it for me. I would caution those who choose to use the cleanser as a mask, however, as it can be very strong and irritating if left on beyond 4-5 minutes. I have very sensitive skin, but the product hasn't left me itchy or blotchy in the week that I've used it. I'd recommend this to anyone with moderate skin sensitivity.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2003 5:19:00 PM More reviews by lilkrazybaby8701

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

omg, this the the best cleanser ever!!! i got really bad ance like a few weeks ago but this stuff cleared it up in under a week!i love this cleanser and i'll definitly buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2003 8:24:00 PM More reviews by sierra0278

I use this product as a mask about once a week when I'm feeling especially oily. It works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2003 9:41:00 PM More reviews by blondeambitioned

I hate Neutrogena products in general, but I really do like this one. It works very well both as a mask and as a clay-based benzoyl peroxide cleanser. However, I wish they'd do away with the 'tingly' part, which is actually caused by menthol that is irritating your skin which starts to burn instead of tingle after a while. Besides that, I'm starting to think this cleanser is one I can stick with for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2003 2:37:00 AM More reviews by vgrrrl

this is a great idea. i am on tazorac so i have had a big problem finding a mask to use on my skin. i use this in the shower as needed and it does not dry me out at all. i even use it on my back as a mask. it has a nice invigorating feeling and the smell is not bad either. io am on my third tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2003 12:56:00 AM More reviews by jgirl528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser/mask smells great, feels great. I've been using this for about a month...I had breakouts on my face [due to my period] and this cleared it up like that! My face feels a bit less oily. But it is harsh on the skin and the skin aroud my nose and mouth got dry. So I'd use this as a cleanser maybe every other day, as a mask once a week, and dab moisturizer on those dry spots.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2003 4:48:00 PM More reviews by roxygurl05

I love this product! Smells great, works even better, and makes my face acne free. Before using this, I had alot of breakouts, especially on my cheeks and chin. But after only 2 days, I noticed a huge difference on the size of my acne and 3 days later... most of them were gone! Wow! My HG! *Update* It really dried out my oily skin and made it feel rough and irirated. My face got redder and redder after a week of using it. I really wanted this to work but no luck. Oh well, the search is on for the perfect cleanser.....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2003 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Katty

I had this monster zit coming up - one of those painful bumps! I used this last night as an all-over mask. Result: bump shrunk! I love this! I plan to use this a couple times of week! I have a feeling this will become my HG mask!