November 29, 2014 | 907 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2007 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ezzyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I am all about the classics. But Dove just didn't do it for my face. It must be my skin, but after a month of icky pimples popping up where I had just cleared them up, I decided it was time to move on. I did, however like the scent and still use it for my body. It reminded me that I used to use it as a little girl at my grandmother's house.

As it goes, I recommend everyone try this product. Those of you who are lucky enough to be able to use it, man you guys have a steal! It is relatively inexpensive and no nonsense. For now, and probably until I'm 80, I stick with Purpose and Cetaphil.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by CandyApple85

Dove soap is the only soap bar i will use! it smells fresh and familiar ( i somehow find the smell of dove very comforting!) and leaves my skin sooooo soft! i use it at night to wash my face and remove make-up, it soothes my combination skin, and leaves it feeling really clean... can't go wrong with this classic!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2007 7:30:00 AM More reviews by gb2006

An absolute classic. Wash your face and your body with this. Great for sensitive skin. Won't dry you out, yet does not leave you greasy. Also has a classic scent, and leaves a little veil of that fresh clean aroma on your skin. In fact, writing this review makes me want to go and buy a bar right now. You just can't go wrong with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2007 12:15:00 AM More reviews by rheaflea

I have been using this soap since I was a little girl. I can honestly say it has followed me to adulthood. This is a beauty staple I can't live without. It doesn't strip my skin of moisture nor does it leave a filmy residue on my skin like other soaps can. This soap has a lovely clean sent that I am now known for. I have introduced this soap to several friends with skin types ranging from normal to dry to oily and now they love this soap as well.

I am always getting complements about my soft skin and its because of this soap. Thank you Mom for introducing me to Dove after my Johnson and Johnson baby years.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2007 1:18:00 PM More reviews by juliet1979

My dermatologist recommended a few years ago that I start using the plain old Dove classic white beauty bar as a facial soap and body soap--and I'm still in awe of the results! I've always had pesky little breakouts come and go on my chest, back and shoulders, but within just a few days of using this soap, my skin completely cleared up from the neck down, truly a revolutionary occurrence. I think the other body wash I was using (Neutrogena Anti-Acne Body Wash) was so harsh it was just perpetuating skin irritations and breakouts. Dove soap does not dry me out, it removes makeup with no problem, and it's so cheap! I love how simple my shower routine and pre-bedtime routines have become. The super-light scent is nice, too. Just enough to make it feel elegant as well as beneficial.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 6:59:00 PM More reviews by VanillaLuver94

I have been using this soap for as long as I can remember, and I don't plan on switching to anything else, EVER. I use this on both my face and body; it's a nice make-up remover for before your cleanser. This is a staple for me, and I am constantly buying it to make sure I don't run out. My only complant is that it runs out pretty quickly, but I can definetly live with that considering how much I love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by anjalisharma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this soap is a staple,an everyday product.just love this-even tho i use it only in the shower n not on my face anymore,it still finds a place of honor in my bath.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2007 9:42:00 PM More reviews by taizi

I love this soap! I use it for both my face and body. It's a great soap/moisturizer for your face if you need something mild. I have pretty acne prone skin and I use BP point something with tretoinifid;oij cream. Sorry... I can't spell those complicated names. Anyhow, so it's good if you're looking for a mild and gentle cleanser. For the body, it's great, it left my skin soft and moisturized. Good stuff. : )

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2007 1:40:00 PM More reviews by mayanquice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

white bar--I love this this bar! I was scared to use a bar on my face but, I did. It felt squeaky clean. At first I thought I felt a film onmy face but I now (after usng it for a week) realize that it is moisterized. It is also TOMT right now & it is doing an excellent job at maintaining my combo skin. It is summer & doing well taking care of oily skin I will try the winter to see how it does. I will definetly buy agin & for $.99 I can't beat it. I got mine in the sample isle at Target & it is just the right size I need for washing my face. I think the regular one would be too bulky for a quick wash.
UPDATE: Winter & this bar do not work together. I got very dry this year & needed a cream cleanser so I got Aveeno & am hapy w/it. I will keeo this bar for sure for the summer. I would like it to come w/ a small soap holder as part of it's pacckaging but I guess I can't have everything, lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by charlotte005

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I must have really sensitive skin, because the dove cream bar, just like any other soap (gel, bar form, whatever), dries out my skin. I wouldn't dream of using it on my face, and I actually don't think I have used it on my entire body, just my hands. It's a typical wash basin soap here.

Drying is such a big no-no, but I decided to give it a two because I like the design of the bar and because it's so democratic in price.