December 20, 2014 | 1670 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a collector and an UD fan but I keep passing on this palette. I dislike the repeat eyeshadows:

Half Baked - BOS2 and Naked1
Chopper - BOS1
Suspect - BOS3
YDK - BOS2
Blackout -another UD matte black? I can't take it! I'm swimming in them!

Tease had very little pigmentation for my liking. Ok so that is 6 shadows that get a thumbs down. That's why I pass every time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am generally a huge fan of Urban Decay's shadows, and consider myself somewhat of a collector. So for me, getting this was a no-brainer. I already had the Naked palette, but was interested in the cooler tones in this one. The colors are gorgeous, and I find that this palette compliments the other nicely. You can mix and match shades from both palettes to create thousands of looks. This palette also has a repeat of my favorite shade, Half Baked :)

I did take off one lippie because there are some negatives, in my opinion. For one, I prefer the packaging of the original. I can appreciate that this one is sturdier and better for travel, but I had grown to love that velvety little box. Secondly, I really like the brush that they included, but I hate that it is double ended so I can't store it with my other brushes. I always forget to wash it with the others because it's tucked away in the palette. And lastly, I was somewhat disappointed with the lip gloss that came with it. I love their lip junkie glosses, so that's not the issue, but I think it would have made more sense to include something eye related. A primer, liner, even a mascara sample. I don't know. That's. Just me.

Overall, I would repurchase, although I highly doubt I'll ever run out. This is a great compliment to the Naked Palette, and even a great substitute if you are someone who prefers more of a cool toned neutral palette.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i've already got the N1, and love it to bits, use it practically everyday, I've had it for a year now and hasnt hit the bottom yet, defeintely worth it. I was so excited when the N2 came out. which i also got. i find these colours are prob better suited for lighter complexions if you are choosing between the N1 or N2. N1 is alot warmer and more suited for caramel, tanned complexions. However i do love n2 aswell, its more toned down version of N1 and more subtle for work, day time wear etc. i would buy this again, but wont be anytime soon as it doesnt run out tht quickly, so def. woth the buy!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by frenchie_cutay

I AM IN LOVE. So glad I bought this one. Naked 1 just didn't hit the spot for me...and it's funny I couldnt figure out why other than it seemed like the colours we're too "orange" on me or just didn't look right, which I couldn't figure out because they were all such nice colours. Turns out, I have a cool skin tone. The colours in this one ALL suit me, except chopper I guess but I'll still give is a go. PS, my Naked 1 is now in swap, since I hardly ever used it and now I have the naked 2 so I can't justify keeping it. Thanks all!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by gracehall

i had the first naked for about six or seven months before getting the second and i basically used it every single day until i got the second. i was totally NOT expecting UD to come out with a sequel to this palette but im happy they did.

to start off, i really liked the packaging. i travel a lot and the first naked, because it is kind of a felt material attracts dirt and dust and fallout from shadow like none other! it looks nice and the texture and color of the packaging works with the whole luxurious nude theme but its not that practical, after a while the words naked on the front come off, and i dunno ts hard to clean. the sleek gold exterior of the new naked is a LOT more practical i think (same for the harder clasping) BUT the look of the first one goes with the "naked" theme better.

In my first naked, i recieved the brush, not the dual ended eyeliner and i LOVE that brush and a primer potion just made sense, the naked two however i thought the lipgloss was a pretty wearable color, but kind of sticky and i primer to me is soo much more practical, i mean it is an eyeshadow palette afterall. as for the brush, i hardly use it. i use the flat side only for highlighting ( ie one or two out of the twelve shades) and the blending brush..well lets just say it doesnt compare to any blending brush i would have used otherwise. all in all, the extras dont seem to make sense with the palette and they shpuld have left them out and lowered the price ( i payed $68.00 for mine) or just done a closer variation on what they did for the first one.

on to the actual shadows! i noticed a few reviews here and there say they crease and one reviewer even said she has oily lids yet doesnt use a primer.. ALL SHADOWS CREASE EVENTUALLY you HAVE to use a primer, you cant not use a primer and expect ZERO creasing, if you think you can your ignorant. anyways i find they wear pretty well, and even before the new palette was anounced, i always thought teh naked one was WAY too warm. the only shadow i feel will get little to no use is half baked ( have maybe used it once in six months since i got the naked one) and chopper. i like that there are more mattes (foxy, tease, blackout) that are practical

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 7:30:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I pretty much concur with everything Alexine wrote below. I too also skipped on the original because the colors were too warm. These are definitely cooler, but wish there were more matte colors available like the original pallet.

This is a good pallet and the quality as always with UD is exceptional; I just wished there were more options for daytime looks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I didn't purchase the original Naked because the colors were too warm. When I saw Naked 2, I was very excited because it contained cooler shades. After using it for a couple of weeks, I hate to admit that I am disappointed. I agree with some of the other reviewers who have stated that it is difficult to achieve an everyday look because many of the colors are dramatic. I find that some of the lid shades blend too well with the crease shades, so I end up with a smokey eye every time I wear a lid/crease shade combo. I also agree that the brush isn't the best and the gloss is a nice color.

I have also found that even some of the lid shades seem too dark for a "naked" look. I don't feel that I can achieve the looks I want from this palette only. I'm pulling single shades and shades from other palettes to create the looks I want, which isn't a deal breaker, but I was hoping I didn't need to do that regularly, especially since this palette was $50.

With that said, some of the colors in the palette are gorgeous and I reach for at least one of them everyday. I love Tease, Snakebite, Busted, YDK, Pistol, Verve and Bootycall.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

So my two scents on this palette are that it is full of lid shades. Emilynoel83 pointed this out and I realized she is totally right. there are two darker colors which are both cool toned (black and blackplum) and two or three highlights (depending on your coloring) and the rest are all midtone colors. I find myself centering a look around a shadow in the naked 2 palette but finishing the look with a color from the original naked palette. That being said, they are lovely lid colors. They are cooler in general, but I like that. It makes sense to me to have one warm (naked 1) and one cool palette (naked 2). They could have made ALL the colors cool.
If I could redesign these two palettes, however, I would have only one black color between the two and only one half baked (naturally) and one matte and one shimmery highlight. There would be one purple, brown, and charcoal crease color. And the rest would be fun lid colors. That's just me though. Because I want so many lid colors, I do enjoy this palette. It is harder to get more dramatic looks from it. I would call this the near perfect "work" palette because it would be hard to overdue anything with it.
My favorite combos so far have been bootycall on the lid and suspect or snakebite (or both) in the crease, pistol on the lid and tease or baked (from naked 1) in the crease. I'll edit this as I come up with more combos.
As for the colors, not a fan of foxy (too yellow), I rarely use black so blackout will not get much use, and I hardly used half baked from the first palette so I really don't use it much in this one, I don't usually look good in oranges so chopper won't get used much. However I LOVE all the other colors and that makes this palette more than worth it. I think they should chuck the brush and put in eyeliner again, and honestly I haven't tried the lipgloss yet. It looks very average. I have too many lipglosses already. I wish they'd put in one of the other primers to try, like eden or sin. That would have been cool.
If I could pick my favorite colors from the two and make just one palette (I'm tempted to depot and switch them over/reglue so all my favorites are in the same one) would be: virgin, sin, bootycall, sidecar, naked, buck, smog, suspect, pistol, tease, with gunmetal, YDK, verve, and snakebite competing for the last two spots.
Edit 12/18/12 so after this sitting around for months never getting used because I had too many other colors that were similar, I swapped it. At the end of the day, I use Naked one a lot more and this was just getting ignored. I have a perfect dupe of pistol in MAC smoke and diamonds, and I swapped for verve. Those were the only colors that I really used out of this palette. They are great colors and great quality, I would just say skip it if you like the original Naked palette or have tons of eyeshadows because it will be neglected.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 3:16:00 AM More reviews by alisonroxx9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this. I am so glad I bought it. This suits my fair, pinky skin tone much better than the original (which I still love.) I also find it better to work with in terms of there being more overall lid colors than the original (which, for me, had more contour colors.) The shadows are great quality and the shimmery ones are so soft-looking on the lid, it's kind of hard to describe. Be aware of fallout when applying the shadows, but they will last all day (I use UDPP.) I really love the huge mirror and I quite like the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The first Naked palette was an unexpected hit for me and introduced me to the wonderful quality, staying power, and blendability of UD shadows. Naked 2 lives up to my expectations. I can't for the life of me understand why they included Half Baked again, but other than that, this is a home run for me. Personal favorites are Tease, Pistol, Verve, YDK, Busted, and Blackout. However all the shades are lovely and work very well together. The texture is a dream and I live this sturdy new metal packaging. I even find the rush pretty handy. With a primer (I use Too Faced Lemon Drop) these last all day and lend themselves very easily to day-into-night looks. It's also a fantastic value, in my opinion. My love affair with UD shadows continues. Bring on Naked 3.