September 2, 2014 | 1249 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ohjeni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So i bought this pallette through Sephora based on all the reviews and concidering the quality of Naked1 was amazing! When mine arrived, although heavily packaged, a couple eyeshadow pods were floating around in the case. I was able to plop them back in. I have been using this pallette for the past 3 weeks and decided to review it. I am pleased with the color choices, however the amount of fallout with the shimmers is incredibly dissapointing. (and yes I use primers, great brushes..this isnt my first rodeo) I will say that the brush they include is nice and the trial lipgloss is a nice neutral shade. My final opinion on this pallette is that it works best for blending out your final look, not necessarily for creating the look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by BeautieCandy

So mines arrived broken, shattered, and completely a mess from Urbandecay.com. There was broken, dusty, flaky, cracked eyeshadow all over the inside of the palette and the mess was a total horror.
To make matters worse, UD's customer service is awful and made it so difficult to have it replaced/ exchanged/ refunded( Won't be ordering from them again @ UD online).
But anyways onward with the review of the actual palette. I'm going to start off saying I don't like this more then the Naked original. This one in my opinion is more suited towards nighttime as it has more gray, smokey, silvery metallic, taupey gunmetal shades. People say this has lighter shades then the original but I disagree. The original starts off with 5 light shades then has a contrast going into the darker shades, so it makes it seem like it has darker shades. Naked2 however doesn't have a contrast in shades, it's all similar shades mixed in with each other so at first it may seem lighter but it actually isn't, it's darker and smokier if you swatch them one by one. I reason why I like the original more is because as I mentioned it has more contrast in shades so you can achieve a simple yet natural day look but also darken it for a night look. With Naked2 I feel obligated to the same look of a metallic taupey silver smokey eye which I do not prefer on a daily basis for the daytime especially for a natural look. You don't get as many opinions in achieving different looks in Naked2. I find the name Naked in Naked2 is misleading as it is nothing close to being Naked..So if you plan on only getting one Naked palette, definitely go with the first one unless you prefer a taupey smokey eye daily.

I gave it 3 lippies because the eyeshadows itself are of good quality. The palette is definitely a value with 12 full size shadows & because it comes with a very good sized and practical mirror (even though I don't use the mirrors anyways!)

I took 2 lippies off because I received my palette broken and a mess even though it was packed decently( I notice some eyeshadow pans popping up and out a bit while some shadows are cracked and have a line through them or a missing chunk). They need to work on quality control in making there stuff equally for all of them no matter how high the demand is. Lastly, because it came with a lipgloss and a double sided synthetic eye brush. I don't like lipgloss especially not UD glosses so I felt like that was a waste of my money. Besides it's an eye palette, wouldn't it be more practical to come with a primer? or something else? or nothing at all and lower the price by a few dollars? I also don't like using synthetic brushes for powder products as I find synthetic brushes only good for creams and liquids. The brush is also made cheaply and to be honest I would rather have them not include a brush and lipgloss and just lower the price by $10-$20 because the lipgloss and brush are basically garbage for me..
The new packaging for the palette I don't like either because it's a thin painted tin. It gets nicked, scratched, and dented really easily thus in the end it looks more beat up and disgusting then the original packaging. The painted tin peels and loses color everytime it gets nicked or scratched and the the dents look ugly so it's not a very portable or travel friendly palette. The lid also gets stuck at times when you're trying to close it which feels cheap to me for a $50 palette. The original palette only attracted dust which was the only problem and never really bothered me ( nothing stays perfect forever!).
I put as I won't repurchase again just because I don't think I'll ever get through this one.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by KNGU

Love the sturdy packaging. All I'm going to say is everybody needs one of the N. Palette!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Sabastien

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this palette. When I heard it was coming out I did not hesitate to buy it. I love all of Urban decays eyeshadows. I have the first naked palette, and I feel these two do not compare. Yes half baked is in both, but it is a great gold. For me naked one is kinda my fav, only because I do more darker smokier looks, and naked 2, I feel is more light/medium shades. It does have great colors though, and I do not regret buying it. If I had to purchase both again I would. With naked 2 you can indeed darken up anylook with busted and blackout. Ive heard some people describe busted as a dupe for hustle, but I disagree. Hustle is more matte, while busted is more slightly shimmery. I also feel that busted is more blendable than hustle. My fav colors in naked 2 are pistol, verve, snakebite, suspect and bootycall. I love shimmer. I also like blackout as a liner, and both blackout and busted are lifesavers to darken up my look. If urban decay comes out with a naked 3 next year or after that, I would also buy that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by hornet7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went back and forth on whether or not I should get this palette. I don't own the first one, but I do have most of the colors of the original Naked in other palettes. I also have 5 of the Naked 2 colors in other palettes.

There lay my decision; are the 7 remaining colors worth the price?

YES! I really love Naked 2, and here is why:

I love black out. It works amazing as eyeliner, nice and dark and matte, with the brush included. It can be layered in the outer v, and/ or in the crease to darken any other color for the perfect smoky eye.

Busted is also a great dark ever so slightly plummy color. I love wearing it in the outer corner, with YDK over the lid. They are right next to each other in the palette which makes it convenient for a quick look. I've heard it could be a dupe for huste, so be aware of that if you own the first palette.

The queen of the Naked 2 for me is Pistol- love love love! This color is exclusive to the palette. I love it's smoky gray buttery smoothness. I wear it two different ways- either all over my lid with verve in the crease, or in the outer corner and crease with verve or suspect on the lid.

Snakebite is another great outer corner/crease color, which I usually pair with suspect. It has just the right amount of "oomf" for my eye color to pop.

Tease- another dual purpose beauty for me. I wear this either all over the lid with busted on the outer V, or I wear it in the crease. Love it's matte lttle heart!

Foxy is super flexible and I use it to blend, under my eyebrow, and even under my eyes to hide dark circles.

Bootycall is a sweet light shimmer, great for a very naked but polished look.

Chopper has some fall out, so I pat it over eyelid primer with my finger. This color is one I have in other palettes, and can be a little difficult for me because of the glitter fall-out. It's not as bad as some of Urban Decay colors, but I detest glitter on my face.

I love half-baked. It's another easy color for me to wear, with a little Black Out as liner.

These are all very polished colors, and you really can't do it wrong. The brush is nice if you use the fluffy end to blend, and the flat end as liner. Otherwise you probably have your favorite brushes to use. I loved the sample size lip gloss, very cute and minty!

The palette is very sturdy, the mirror is huge. It is a little awkward in the fact that I have to open it completely or the mirror end tips the case over because it's top heavy. It shuts with a firm click, which also seems awkward because you have to press quite firmly. It definitely feels like you could toss it in a suitcase and expect it to be safe during travels.

If you have Naked 1 already (which I feel like I do because of all repeats in other palettes) you will not be disappointed with Naked 2. It has the added benefit of 3 more amazing mattes to add to the two with Naked 1, and the wonderful Pistol and Verve- YUM!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by smaestas

Love this palette, the colors are well pigmented and last without waring out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely in love with this palette. My boyfriend got it for me for my birthday, and I am so happy he did. I have the original naked palette, which for me is great for more dramatic neutral looks (I have very pale skin, blue eyes, and brown hair) but this palette is PERFECT for me for everyday use. I love taupes, and greys and everything that this palette has to offer. I can already tell that it is going to be my absolute favourite palette of all time.

Here is a tutorial/get ready with me video that I did using this palette so you can see the shades in action!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really do like this pallet. It does seem very expensive but think about it you are getting 12 full size high quality eyeshadows, a double ended brush (witch is not great), and a mini lip gloss (witch I am also not a huge fan of) for $50 ($60 CAD). My favorite colors in the pallet are Foxy (matte yellowish off white), Half Baked (rich gold, also in first Naked Pallet), Bootycall (slightly shimmer off white, Chopper (glittery gold bronze), Suspect (shimmery champagne gold), Verve (shimmery white), and YDK (pinky taupe gold). You also get a matte black witch is nice but I honestly don't use it much because it is not extremely pigmented. Most of the colors are pretty pigmented, some more than others. With the more shimmery/glittery the is more fall out, but don't worry you will not end up with glitter all over your face! Also in this pallet you get a huge mirror witch is great for travel purposes. The packaging is pretty sturdy and easy yo clean, unlike the first Naked Pallet. If you are wondering what pallet to get the first Naked pallet or this one it really depends on what you like! The first Naked pallet has more dark warm toned colors and this one has more light cooled toned colours! I would repurchase and recommend this pallet! Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I might be the only person on earth (certainly one of the few on this website) that never bought the original naked palette. I decided to get this one instead, since I have a lot of warm bronzy neutrals, but less cool taupe-y colours- I thought the 2 would be better for me.

This palette is GORGEOUS. I love it, and use it allll the time. Every shade is wonderful, although I don't love 'Chopper' - incredibly warm toned and prone to hella fallout, especially of the sparkles. There are a few warm shades in here, so it's not totally cool. Pistol is my absolute favvvvv for crease/slightly above the crease.

Bottom line: they're all beautiful, pigmented, blendable, flattering, with a mix of warm and cool tones, leaning more towards cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sartay

Naked 2 is beautiful! I own (and LOVE) the original Naked, and the second palette does not disappoint in comparison. I purchased the original Naked in the spring last year, and used it literally every single day for the entire summer (as a side note, I have hit pan on only Naked and Buck, which I used nearly everyday to blend out my "work eye"). Come this fall, I noticed that I was reaching for it less and less. I hadn't quite put my finger on why, until I got Naked 2. I am one of those people who goes from fairly tan (NC35ish) to PALE (NC20-15) over the course of a year. In the summer with some color, the original Naked is wonderful, but with my winter pale-ness it just did not look right. Enter Naked 2, which has the same buttery, appropriately shimmery shadows in much more neutral to cool shades, and I am in heaven. Maybe I am just justifying the purchase of both to myself, but I really think that they compliment each other seasonally for me, and it is worth it for me to have both becuase they are literally the only shadows I use. Now, you probably don't NEED both, but remember, these palettes are excellent value for money (essentially you get 12 full sized shadows, which are normally $17 each, for $4.16 a piece, if you don't factor in the brush and gloss). I think its worth having both!