October 1, 2014 | 1525 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by XxDeathXAngelxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It took me forever to get ahold of the first naked palette so when I heard this one was coming out I made sure I got my hands on it. Honestly I really like this palette. The cool shades make it really great for winter and look great on my cool toned skin, plus I'm a huge fan of taupes. The packaging is great imo, study exterior that closes pretty securely and I really like the size of the mirror. The only thing I have against this is that I find its not as easy to create everyday, quick looks with it as it is with the original naked, but I'm sure as I play with it more that will change. This pallet is also great for travel. In terms of the price it is kind of a pricey item overall ($60 CAN) but considering how many shadows you get and the quality of them it's actually a pretty good deal. I also really like the fact that they didn't include another primer this time, I've moved away from using the UDPP and this way I got to try one of their lipglosses (which I really like btw). The brush is also pretty decent, for all those saying it's a pretty crappy brush, I'm surprised . The brush included is a combo (as its double sided) of two of the regular UD brushes, and while the one end isn't super great with powder shadows, it works great with my cream ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by vanitybe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors are well pigmented and last all day. I think it's good to have in your collection but I find sometime it difficult to work with all those cool colors, I have to add other warm colors from other product to give me the finish look. I never own naked 1 so I can't compare. If you got cash to spend, I recommend to get it, but if you have low budget, I don't think it's a good investment. I wouldn't purcharge again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by mia2749

What a steal. Sometimes palettes have a few colors I like and a ton I hate bc they don't go with my skin tone. This palette has great colors that work with almost any skin color and I use almost all the colors. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by basmah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

As soon as I found out that this palette was released, I vowed that I didn't need it and that I wasn't planning on buying it. I saw the swatches on blogs, I watched the youtube videos etc, and I decided that the original Naked palette (which I own, love, but for some reason hardly ever use) and the Naked 2 palette were very similar and that it would be a complete waste of my money to buy Naked 2. I found out that this palette would become available in my country in February, and for some reason I started going to Sephora regularly to ask when they would receive it. Not that I was planning on buying it, oh no, that would be a waste of money. I was just curious. A few days ago I went to Sephora again, they had it in stock (not even on a display, but somewhere tucked away in a drawer) and I bought it. Without even swatching it. Actually, without even opening it. I forked out the38 Euro's without even thinking about it. And I'm so happy that I did. Yes, I bought it because of all the hype, but this palette really is amazing. I am very fair (NARS Siberia, MAC NW15, possible NW10) and I found the original quite hard to work with on my skin tone, because it contains mostly warm colours (which is nice during the summer, but not so much during the fall and winter). I love that palette, and I wear some of the colours during the winter as well, but definitely not all of them I.'d say that the new palette is a combination of warm and cool tones. Whereas the first palette contained mostly gold.bronze colours, this one contains more brown/taupe colours with hints of grey, as well as the gold. Colours that appear similar (such as Hustle and Busted) actually have different undertones on my skin, meaning that they are not dupes for one another. However, Half Baked is obviously present in both palettes, and I do think that Virgin and Booty Call are VERY similar. My favourites in this palette are Busted, Pistol, Verve, Snakebite and Suspect. I don't think that 38 Euros is expensive for the amount of product you get (12 full size eyeshadows with amazing pigmentation and blendability, a mini lipgloss and a double sided brush). I'm not too happy with the brush, as I don't find it useful for applying or bleding eyeshadow, but I'm using it for concealer now. I am currently in love with this palette and it has made me feel enthusiastic about wearing eyeshadow again. I would repuchase if I ever need to.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLee67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I stopped wearing eye shadow a few years ago because of my oily eyelids, but I wanted to try this palette because I liked the colors and prefer a more natural eye look to begin with. I really like the shadows, they're nicely pigmented, go on smoothly (I don't use a primer or foundation) and blend well, and best of all, they don't slide off my eyelids, disappear, or crease terribly. I do get creasing but it's minimal and only happens after I've had it on for hours, nothing that can't be fixed with a quick touch-up. The lipgloss that came with the palette is too sheer for me, though, and doesn't show up on my darker lips, but the color is pretty and it works with the natural/neutral theme of the palette.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by seussisms

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just like with the first Naked palette, I wish there were more matte daytime options. Blackout is definately the most used option and stays on reasonably well as an eyeliner. The brush that came with it is pretty worthless. The bristles are too loose to hold any product reliably. I would have preferred a lower price with no brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by LillyWish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I have had some disappointments in my life but I guess UD Naked tops them all!

For ref. I am NW 15 and BB Porcelain.

It took me such a long time to get this palette and it is not sold in my country. I finally got it the other day and it was like christmas!

But my god, this is the most hyped up palette I have ever bought! I would really want to meet the marketing genious who is working for Urban Decay!

So, first of all.... This palette is way too warm for my fair skin! It just doesn't work.

But I thought I could work through that and started to play with the colours. I put an eyeshadow on my lid WITHOUT a primer and it seemed a bit sheer... All of them.

Then I made some coffee and looked in the mirror and the eyeshadow was creasing like crazy after only 5min. !!!!!!!!! .... And I don't have specially oily lids.

I read some amazing reviews here but no-one talks about creasing?

So it is fair to say that this is the biggest disappointment I have had for a very long time, some of the worst eyeshadows I have tried and they crease.

*tears*

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by ohjeni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So i bought this pallette through Sephora based on all the reviews and concidering the quality of Naked1 was amazing! When mine arrived, although heavily packaged, a couple eyeshadow pods were floating around in the case. I was able to plop them back in. I have been using this pallette for the past 3 weeks and decided to review it. I am pleased with the color choices, however the amount of fallout with the shimmers is incredibly dissapointing. (and yes I use primers, great brushes..this isnt my first rodeo) I will say that the brush they include is nice and the trial lipgloss is a nice neutral shade. My final opinion on this pallette is that it works best for blending out your final look, not necessarily for creating the look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by BeautieCandy

So mines arrived broken, shattered, and completely a mess from Urbandecay.com. There was broken, dusty, flaky, cracked eyeshadow all over the inside of the palette and the mess was a total horror.
To make matters worse, UD's customer service is awful and made it so difficult to have it replaced/ exchanged/ refunded( Won't be ordering from them again @ UD online).
But anyways onward with the review of the actual palette. I'm going to start off saying I don't like this more then the Naked original. This one in my opinion is more suited towards nighttime as it has more gray, smokey, silvery metallic, taupey gunmetal shades. People say this has lighter shades then the original but I disagree. The original starts off with 5 light shades then has a contrast going into the darker shades, so it makes it seem like it has darker shades. Naked2 however doesn't have a contrast in shades, it's all similar shades mixed in with each other so at first it may seem lighter but it actually isn't, it's darker and smokier if you swatch them one by one. I reason why I like the original more is because as I mentioned it has more contrast in shades so you can achieve a simple yet natural day look but also darken it for a night look. With Naked2 I feel obligated to the same look of a metallic taupey silver smokey eye which I do not prefer on a daily basis for the daytime especially for a natural look. You don't get as many opinions in achieving different looks in Naked2. I find the name Naked in Naked2 is misleading as it is nothing close to being Naked..So if you plan on only getting one Naked palette, definitely go with the first one unless you prefer a taupey smokey eye daily.

I gave it 3 lippies because the eyeshadows itself are of good quality. The palette is definitely a value with 12 full size shadows & because it comes with a very good sized and practical mirror (even though I don't use the mirrors anyways!)

I took 2 lippies off because I received my palette broken and a mess even though it was packed decently( I notice some eyeshadow pans popping up and out a bit while some shadows are cracked and have a line through them or a missing chunk). They need to work on quality control in making there stuff equally for all of them no matter how high the demand is. Lastly, because it came with a lipgloss and a double sided synthetic eye brush. I don't like lipgloss especially not UD glosses so I felt like that was a waste of my money. Besides it's an eye palette, wouldn't it be more practical to come with a primer? or something else? or nothing at all and lower the price by a few dollars? I also don't like using synthetic brushes for powder products as I find synthetic brushes only good for creams and liquids. The brush is also made cheaply and to be honest I would rather have them not include a brush and lipgloss and just lower the price by $10-$20 because the lipgloss and brush are basically garbage for me..
The new packaging for the palette I don't like either because it's a thin painted tin. It gets nicked, scratched, and dented really easily thus in the end it looks more beat up and disgusting then the original packaging. The painted tin peels and loses color everytime it gets nicked or scratched and the the dents look ugly so it's not a very portable or travel friendly palette. The lid also gets stuck at times when you're trying to close it which feels cheap to me for a $50 palette. The original palette only attracted dust which was the only problem and never really bothered me ( nothing stays perfect forever!).
I put as I won't repurchase again just because I don't think I'll ever get through this one.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by KNGU

Love the sturdy packaging. All I'm going to say is everybody needs one of the N. Palette!