November 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

My best friend and I got the same color Raspberry Pie for each other on accident! But it's a beautiful and bold color, as are all of the lip butters in this line. I was very excited to try it for its creamy, bright color but also to see if it's really much of a lip balm, or moisturizing lip color as it was advertised to be. I loved the color and application—it's very creamy and smooth on application, and the color applies evenly. The lasting power of the colors does fade after a few hours—in my case no more than 4 hours.

The one problem I had with this product is that the color is a great seller, but it really isn't all that moisturizing like advertised. At the end of those 4 hours my lips were flaking with dried, fuschia-tinted skin. Granted, I was wearing this during the winter when my lips are at its worst dryness, so the results might be different during the warmer seasons.

As this was a gift from my best friend I'm determined to make it work for me, so I'm going to try applying a real lip balm as a moisturizing base first, and then applying the lip butter on top of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For decades, Revlon has had amazing lip colors. I wasn't going to bite, though, until I heard that one of the colors in this range was called Pink Truffle. With a name like that, who could resist? You know it's going to be a creamy brown-based pink; who doesn't love that?! The color is smooth and comforting going on, has no taste or fragrance, and is very emollient. Pink Truffle, of course, is a MLBB color. It looks beautiful and tasteful for all occasions except the very formal. It even looks good with red outfits. The packaging is surprisingly sturdy for a drugstore lipstick, which I appreciate. The cap is a little difficult to get off with one hand, but I consider that a feature, rather than worrying that the cap will crack or fall off at some point.

I keep Pink Truffle in the car for those occasions when I leave the house without anything on my lips. Since it goes with everything, I'm always covered. (When the weather gets hot here, of course, it will move back inside. I hate to let a great color like this melt.)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by jessamay

I bought Peach Parfait and though I love the color, I cannot wear it. It has way to much sparkle in it for me. I like high gloss and even a little sparkle, but this looks kinda silly on me. It is my fault - in the poor lighting of the drug store I did not see the gold flakes through the top if the cap nor the sparkly sticker on the bottom. It is too bad as I really do like the color - a flattering peach/pink for my pale skin and is shows up well...sigh.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by minimite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the colour and the feel of these lip butters when they are on however, they dry out my lips and make them feel really itchy. My lips are really sensitive with products in the first place and since these lip butters are supposed to be moisturizing I thought it would be ok but apparently I'm allergic to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by caseyoshea07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these so much!! I have 2 colours right now and they are so pretty! I was expectiong not that much colour from them because they sounded like a regular lip balm. I was wrong, they are so much more! Bravo Revlon, another great product! :) Definetely will buy more in the future but they are kinda expensive but if they go on sale, I will but them all!! LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by wekellyunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love these!!!! I have them in Sweet Tart and Berry Smoothie! The Sweet Tart is the prettiest bright pink but still sheer enough to wear every day! The Berry Smoothie is a beautiful natural lip! These feel so good on and I love that you can build up the color!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by cappucina15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these! Moisturizing and quite shiny, but not to much, with a very pleasant faint vanilla scent. The packaging is pretty neat too. They feel like a tinted lipbalm but more pigmented. I currently own Peach Parfait and Berry Smoothie. Both are sheer and very wearable, but Peach Parfait is much more shimmery, and so it's texture is a little bit grittier compared to Berry Smoothie. I also noticed that the pigmentation varies a lot between each shades.
But overall I love how I can use them as lipbalm AND tint, and I will definitely purchase more colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a drugstore lipstick, this is a pretty cheap lipstick, I actually got it at Walmart for $6. The color was great, and the texture was so creamy delicious...but after several weeks of use, my lips are generally drier. I am tempted to buy another color because I liked the color and texture so much, but then i feel my lips and think..never mind!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

i bought this in sugar frosting..i fell in for the hype and bought one let me say i didn't like it at all!it dried my lips out even using lip balm and it doesn't go on as "buttery"as it says..meh oh well at least i tried it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's not too much more that can be said here about these lip butters that hasn't been said, I own the color Cotton Candy and would like to get my hands on a few more, these have been compared to the L'oreal Riche lip balms except these actually have a pop of color in them, I love cotton candy because it's not overly pigmented but just the right amount of pink, and it's so moisturizing, doesn't dry out my lips, the color does fade a bit after a while but that's ok, these are greatly priced and I would def re-purchase.