October 31, 2014 | 1547 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by caseyoshea07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these so much!! I have 2 colours right now and they are so pretty! I was expectiong not that much colour from them because they sounded like a regular lip balm. I was wrong, they are so much more! Bravo Revlon, another great product! :) Definetely will buy more in the future but they are kinda expensive but if they go on sale, I will but them all!! LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by wekellyunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love these!!!! I have them in Sweet Tart and Berry Smoothie! The Sweet Tart is the prettiest bright pink but still sheer enough to wear every day! The Berry Smoothie is a beautiful natural lip! These feel so good on and I love that you can build up the color!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by cappucina15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like these! Moisturizing and quite shiny, but not to much, with a very pleasant faint vanilla scent. The packaging is pretty neat too. They feel like a tinted lipbalm but more pigmented. I currently own Peach Parfait and Berry Smoothie. Both are sheer and very wearable, but Peach Parfait is much more shimmery, and so it's texture is a little bit grittier compared to Berry Smoothie. I also noticed that the pigmentation varies a lot between each shades.
But overall I love how I can use them as lipbalm AND tint, and I will definitely purchase more colors!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Jiyapiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a drugstore lipstick, this is a pretty cheap lipstick, I actually got it at Walmart for $6. The color was great, and the texture was so creamy delicious...but after several weeks of use, my lips are generally drier. I am tempted to buy another color because I liked the color and texture so much, but then i feel my lips and think..never mind!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:27:00 PM More reviews by cupcake8585

i bought this in sugar frosting..i fell in for the hype and bought one let me say i didn't like it at all!it dried my lips out even using lip balm and it doesn't go on as "buttery"as it says..meh oh well at least i tried it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's not too much more that can be said here about these lip butters that hasn't been said, I own the color Cotton Candy and would like to get my hands on a few more, these have been compared to the L'oreal Riche lip balms except these actually have a pop of color in them, I love cotton candy because it's not overly pigmented but just the right amount of pink, and it's so moisturizing, doesn't dry out my lips, the color does fade a bit after a while but that's ok, these are greatly priced and I would def re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love. I own two of these. Strawberry Shortcake & Cotton Candy. Usually, I never wear lip color. But this stuff changed my mind. Strawberry shortcake is my favorite. I like the more darkish pink. Cotton candy is more of a frosted pink. This helped my lips feel softer and I just love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by mymelody87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have nothing new to add to this discussion as I love this product for all the reasons everyone else has mentioned. I own six of them, some light and some dark, and I love them all. There really isn't anything else like this on the market; the new L'Oreal version doesn't begin to compare. And these are so moisturizing, even after the color wears off. I don't often wear lipstick because I dislike how quickly it fades. But these are a good middle step between lipstick and chapstick, and even the darkest color they make fades evenly and nicely on me. I'm hooked and keep buying more. Note: some of the lighter colors will require a few layers to really show, while some of the darker colors are extremely vivid, depending on how much you pile it on, so there is some differential in pigmentation here, but nothing more than I believe you would anticipate by looking at the color of the tube. And thankfully, the tops of the tubes are clear, so you can preview what you're buying.

A quick breakdown:
Gumdrop - When layered onto the lips, this gives a beautiful light purple color. It's the exact shade of purple I can't get away with wearing in lipsticks, but which I always want to wear, since it truly does make my teeth appear whiter.
Rasberry Pie - A vivid, cool red. It wears to a magenta on me after awhile. Not my favorite.
Red Velvet - A warmer, vivid red. This wears true to color on me, and is the closest I can get to a 'true' red without looking ridiculous.

Anything lighter than Gumdrop doesn't appear on me without a ridiculous amount of layering. I've also learned that the shades which come in the orange tubes tend to either clash against my cool-toned skin (Tutti Fruity) or just not show up (Peach Parfait). I have very pigmented lips naturally though, so I may not be the best tester of these shades. Anyhow, just my two cents.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by MelissaTC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love love love! I own 4 and love each one. Raspberry Pie reminds me of Nars Funny Face. I don't find these drying at all. I do wish they were better shaped for application but what a steal for the price!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Revlon's lip products have not been impressing me at all lately. First problem: the product separated from the base the first time I used it! (I also had this problem with the Colorburst lipstick; I bought two and both broke off the base immediately. What a mess!) I also find this lipstick too wide to apply easily. If you don't exfoliate your lips first this stuff gloops up and accentuates the dry spots. It's not as sheer as I had hoped, although the colour I chose (Pink Truffle) isn't a bad neutral. The colour is gone in no time. I hate to be what seems like the lone voice of dissent for this product, but I really don't like it.