July 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Jacabus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara for separating my lashes and giving me length and maybe a little bit of volume. I have it in the darkest colour, so it's very dark - which is good. It makes my lashes look very long when I curl them. I guess the only downside for me is that I wish it gave a little more volume. But I do like it for the length. It cost me $6 CDN at SDM.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In a nutshell not my favorite mascara. The wand is great; it's almost impossible to get clumps with it but I don't know is it the formula itself or the wand but it doesn't really give any volume. I do love the separation the wand gives but that's about it.

This might work for those who want subtle volume and clean finish but I love lashes that stand out (I love CG Lashblast volume) so this isn't really for me. I could use it just to separate the lashes though after a different mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff, The wand allows me to maneuver my lashes to get them similar looking. The length is very controllable and can be given several coats before it gets clumpy. I would buy this again. My only qualm is that I've used other formulas that get them way longer, like L'Oreal Telescopic, but it's still a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This I think is a bit cheaper alternative to covergirl's lashblast. I have this in the waterproof formula and its pretty good! The brush is awesome because it really separates and defines your lashes which makes them look a bit more volumized but not much. Adds a little length but not much. I don't expect too much out of a mascara honestly it's no miracle or HG so I took off a lippie because unless a mascara is really a HG for me it gets at most a 4 in my opinion. I might buy again, but I tend to venture out a lot in mascaras. I love that it has no clumps or lumps and separates excellently, but the lack of length really sucks so I don't know if I'll repurchase... But I did like it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the darkest color, and it's very dark. So plus one. This mascara does separate and define each of my lashes, which in turn makes them look fuller. It also adds some length, which I need and like. I don't have particularly thick lashes, nor are they sparse. The length is average. This mascara makes my eyes look a lot more open and awake because it really lifts my lashes and holds a curl really well. The only issue I have is the wand: When I apply this mascara, I feel like the brush is going to snap off because the wand is so flimsy. I've had this issue with other Maybelline mascaras in the past, and I wish they would stop making mascaras with flimsy wands. It's completely unnecessary. That said, I will absolutely repurchase this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kristashae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am surprised by the negative reviews on here because I really love this mascara. I have really long, thick eyelashes that easily clump together so this works great for that! It makes them look super long and the seperation it gives makes my lashes look so thick and gorgeous! I love this mascara and I would recommend it to my sister or my mom. Haven't had a problem yet with flaking, and I live in Florida (hot!).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by FLolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hated this mascara at first, but continued to use it for a week or so, and now it's grown on me over the past few weeks It flakes just a little bit, which I haven't had a mascara do in a long time. Once every few days it'll clump on me, which not all mascaras do either. It does give length, but not as much volume as I would like. It's definitely an OK mascara, but not much more than just OK. I'd consider buying again, but I'm not sure I will, partially just because there are so many others to try, that I think have more potential than the One by One has. Do love the colors of the packaging though!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by uwushuwereme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara in Blackest Black (I think that's what it's called) a few weeks ago and it definitely separates my lashes and gives them clump-free volume! My lashes are already long and thick but this makes them explode with volume! It's by far the best Maybelline mascara I've ever bought! It stays on all day and didn't even come off when I wore it to go swimming. Best mascara I've ever used, and at a low price! This mascara is everything in one!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by goopycakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm always sucked in by Maybelline's newest mascara usually due to the packaging. This was no exception very cute packaging. The brush is rubber and is pretty nice. I got more length than volume with this one with great separation. The wear of this mascara is its downfall. It is VERY flaky. I don't have sensitive eyes but this made my eyes water like crazy and irritated them to no end. By the end of the day while driving home I was rubbing my eyes like crazy and ended up with two black smudges. I think I'm going to stick to the mascaras I know for now or at least no more Maybelline.

OH and the horrid smell. It smells exactly like the colossal so probably another reason it irritated my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by mo5050

I bought this when it first came out as it was a little cheaper and I was in need of a new mascara. I quite liked it at first, the big brush coated all my lashes at ultimate speed and it gave me a nice defined look really quickly in only 1 coat. However, when this started to dry out a bit(couple of weeks) I couldn't use it anymore as it just stopped working for me. It clumped my lashes together and wouldn't hold a curl. I won't buy this again as it didn't do anything spectacular in the first place, never mind drying out and clumping within a few weeks.