September 17, 2014 | 1302 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Pippa81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I usually prefer natural result for eyes but this really did nothing to my lashes. The result was not visible at all, Back to define -a lash which is more lengthning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Waterproof.
    Really near-HG status!

What's good: I achieve separation and false-lash effect with this Mascara. Is indeed waterproof. Easy to apply, doesn't hit my upper lid (which is where I use it). Excellent rich dark black.

What takes 1 lippy off: yes it's waterproof, but gosh, it's not really smudge-proof. This could be because my makeup is quite oily. I think if you use powder foundation or have a matte face, you should be fine. That being said, I still go for this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Jussypoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very clumpy!! Back to Define-A-Lash...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Jacabus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara for separating my lashes and giving me length and maybe a little bit of volume. I have it in the darkest colour, so it's very dark - which is good. It makes my lashes look very long when I curl them. I guess the only downside for me is that I wish it gave a little more volume. But I do like it for the length. It cost me $6 CDN at SDM.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In a nutshell not my favorite mascara. The wand is great; it's almost impossible to get clumps with it but I don't know is it the formula itself or the wand but it doesn't really give any volume. I do love the separation the wand gives but that's about it.

This might work for those who want subtle volume and clean finish but I love lashes that stand out (I love CG Lashblast volume) so this isn't really for me. I could use it just to separate the lashes though after a different mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by VeruskaRai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this stuff, The wand allows me to maneuver my lashes to get them similar looking. The length is very controllable and can be given several coats before it gets clumpy. I would buy this again. My only qualm is that I've used other formulas that get them way longer, like L'Oreal Telescopic, but it's still a great mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This I think is a bit cheaper alternative to covergirl's lashblast. I have this in the waterproof formula and its pretty good! The brush is awesome because it really separates and defines your lashes which makes them look a bit more volumized but not much. Adds a little length but not much. I don't expect too much out of a mascara honestly it's no miracle or HG so I took off a lippie because unless a mascara is really a HG for me it gets at most a 4 in my opinion. I might buy again, but I tend to venture out a lot in mascaras. I love that it has no clumps or lumps and separates excellently, but the lack of length really sucks so I don't know if I'll repurchase... But I did like it. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in the darkest color, and it's very dark. So plus one. This mascara does separate and define each of my lashes, which in turn makes them look fuller. It also adds some length, which I need and like. I don't have particularly thick lashes, nor are they sparse. The length is average. This mascara makes my eyes look a lot more open and awake because it really lifts my lashes and holds a curl really well. The only issue I have is the wand: When I apply this mascara, I feel like the brush is going to snap off because the wand is so flimsy. I've had this issue with other Maybelline mascaras in the past, and I wish they would stop making mascaras with flimsy wands. It's completely unnecessary. That said, I will absolutely repurchase this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by kristashae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am surprised by the negative reviews on here because I really love this mascara. I have really long, thick eyelashes that easily clump together so this works great for that! It makes them look super long and the seperation it gives makes my lashes look so thick and gorgeous! I love this mascara and I would recommend it to my sister or my mom. Haven't had a problem yet with flaking, and I live in Florida (hot!).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by FLolive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hated this mascara at first, but continued to use it for a week or so, and now it's grown on me over the past few weeks It flakes just a little bit, which I haven't had a mascara do in a long time. Once every few days it'll clump on me, which not all mascaras do either. It does give length, but not as much volume as I would like. It's definitely an OK mascara, but not much more than just OK. I'd consider buying again, but I'm not sure I will, partially just because there are so many others to try, that I think have more potential than the One by One has. Do love the colors of the packaging though!