July 31, 2014 | 1812 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation immensely. I have oily skin, and definitely sweat quite a bit in the summer. I stopped believing in miracles awhile ago, there is just nothing that can prevent my skin from getting shiny, but products that can last through being blotted 2 + times a day earn an A+ in my book. I always have trouble with foundations lifting off after I blot and leaving me splotchy looking, but this just looks as fresh as the morning I applied it. Of course I attribute some of my success with this product to my primer and powder, but even when I follow the same routine with other foundations none look as wonderful as this does at the end of the day. It is light and perfect for summer, and it just so happens the lightest pink toned shade works perfectly for me. The only negative for me is the bottle, I would love to be able to get a glimpse of how much product is left inside!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sharpintl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After sampling about 15 foundations, I finally found THE ONE for me in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I have dry skin which means the little lines forming on my 40 year old face are accentuated with the wrong foundation. This is the first foundation to blend so flawlessly, and looks so natural, I can't even tell I am wearing anything. I was afraid the coverage wouldn't be enough as I had heard it was extremely sheer, but it covers my red cheeks, old acne scars and spots of discoloration perfectly. The VA is perfect for summer as it's extremely light and long lasting (even through vacations in steamy South Florida and Vegas). I use La Roche Posay SPF 15 to moisturize and Hourglass Primer underneath and set with either MUFE HD or MAC prep & prime powder. The Chanel SA told me I didn't need to set it with powder, but I just feel it gives a little bit of an edge to it as far as lasting power. It has photographed beautifully for me and I am so relieved to have found my HG. For a while there, I didn't feel like that was ever going to happen! I will have to see how this does for me in winter when my skin is really dry, but for now all is good!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by klhoward

Immediately after trying this I was all set to go out and purchase this after trying a sample as it felt amazing going on and looked incredible, when I read that alcohol is very high up on the list of ingredients. Why spend all that money on something that will only damage your skin in the long run.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2011 6:02:00 AM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I wouldn't have purchased this expensive product myself, but I got it as a gift.
I hated it. I was really excited when I got it, because everyone seems to love it and I expected something miraculous. NOT !
The coverage is very light, which is good for the summer, but not when the staying power is almost zero. I wasn't happy the way it made my skin look like after applying. It looked like it just sat on top of my face like a sheer mask. After few hours it did exactly the same as the most of the other foundations do to my skin... it was completely disappeared from everywhere else than from the dry spots on my face. It sat on those parts making my face look patchy.
After I washed it off I noticed that my face looked horribly red with little red bumps all over. The next day those were gone, but I had few pimples appeared there.
I wanted to like this foundation, but it was a bad one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I've read several reviews for Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, and the majority of the reviews stated that this particular foundation looks best when applied with the fingers. I tend to use more product when I use my fingers, but I'm not a huge fan of using my fingers because my dry hands will just soak up the product. I first moisturize my face using a little DDF Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew (after watching Goss' video about how its better to use a water based moisturizer with a water based foundation) and I apply the foundation like I normally would any foundation. I squeezed out a small amount and placed a dot on each cheek, nose, chin and forehead. Then, with my Sigma F80 brush, I lightly buffed it in my skin with small circular motions. I then placed a tiny bit more product on my cheeks to build the coverage and again, buffed it in with my brush.

The consistency is a bit different than any foundation I think I've tried. I figured because it's water based, it would be really thin and watery. It's incredibly light and has an airy, whipped texture. Once applied to the face, you can really tell it water based because it has that slight cooling sensation of water. The color seemed to oxidize slightly after a few minutes, but it didn't oxidize too dark, orange, etc. The color is perfect. I was a little surprised by the coverage. It evened out my skintone beautifully and even covered my blemishes pretty good. It's a light coverage and can be layered easily to medium coverage. The finish is a lovely illuminating satin. I'm wearing it right now and it still looks great after almost 7 hours, with the exception that my chin and nose has become a little shiny. Would definitely recommend trying it out! Oh, BTW I use B30 Beige Sable and I'm a MAC NC30, Guerlain Parure Extreme #3 & it's perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by sandrathp

I wouldn't call this a foundation but more of a tinted moisturizer b/c it is very watery and if you layer it, it can work as a foundation but would feel very greasy even if it is oil free. Really not a proper canvas for a makeup application, will make eyeshadow, blush, highlighter slip right off. Also, you need to shake the bottle at least a whole minute to mix well the substance in order to have the shade perfectly blended w/ a smooth application. Still, very watery. Didn't do anything to beautify my skin. Also, there is no shade light enough. I got it in BR20 and it was too dark pink and B10 was too dark yellow and the colors really do show even w/ one single layer. Even if the formula is oil free, it still feels very greasy and absolutely too moisturizing for summer. The only thing nice about it, is that it doesn't create any flakiness nor does it highlight any dry patches you may have when most foundations do... really similar to a tinted moisturizer. This was actually the only foundation that didn't accentuate pores or dry areas of the skin. If you find the right shade for you, then it could look nice the first hour... but if you wear it after a couple hours, it will start to get darker w/ oxidizing and could become greasy mixed w/ your skins natural face oils...so this is not good without touch ups every hour. Conclusion: This is definitely a tinted moisturizer and nothing close to a liquid foundation w/ the benefits of being quite natural --although containing alcohol which is not recommended for any skin. If you are looking for something similar w/ much better results, try the Dior Skin Nude...it is perfect and does all it claims to do, plus it i gives sheer, medium to full coverage w/ a color selection that start very fair w/ neutral undertones available + lasts several hours...the only downside is that it absolutely doesn't last very long b/f he product starts to expire and turn bad since this formula is mineral based w/ minimal chemicals or preservatives. Although healthier for the skin, you need to use it in less than 3 months tops. This is probably due to the ingredients which are supposed to be very natural based on minerals w/ less chemicals than the foundations in the other lines. Perhaps would work best and last longer when stored in a very cool place.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2011 9:43:00 AM More reviews by feikku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I feel like a party pooper writing this review, but oh well..

This is generally a good foundation. It feels very light, and super easy to apply. It has a sheer-medium coverage which is nice for the summer. I tried it in B30 and it goes perfectly with my *slightly* tanned Asian skintone.

What I don't like about this is that it is perfumed, and the scent smelled like cheap plastic today. It has a different scent to me everyday, lol. Also, it's water based, but I don't think it keeps my skin hydrated for long, and oil control is so-so. I much prefer my Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer, as the results are same, but Cliniques just feels better on my skin.

And last, but not least, the price is kind of severe, especially in Europe. Will not be purchasing this for now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'd been happily using Becca LSC for about 8 months when I decided that it was time for something new. Although I loved my Becca, there was always that lingering sensation that it was just a little too "sticky" for my liking. After scoping out all the latest in bases, I found my new barely there foundation with light to medium coverage and matte finish in Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua shade B20 Beige Tendre. I've previously used Chanel foundations with variable results, the best being Teint Innocence which is now sadly discontinued. But Vitalumiere Aqua is infinitely superior. It is super duper easy to apply with brush or fingers, leaves a beautifully soft and glowy finish to the skin and stays on all day! I've been using this for a month with no issues regarding breaking out or flaking. However, two things I do not like about this product are (1) the packaging, you need to shake the bottle REALLY HARD to emulsify the foundation before squeezing REALLY HARD to get it out and (2) the price, $77AUD is pretty steep but its definitely worth it in the end.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by MsCatty333

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I finally succumbed to all the hype and purchased this foundation at Myers in Australia for the full price of AUD77!!!

I thought I had found my HG foundation years ago in Chanel's Matt Lumiere. Back then I had oily skin which was prone to breakouts. The Matt Lumiere does an excellent job of evening out my skin tone and also concealing my freckles. And it does it without me having to feel like I have foundation all over my skin which is fab!

And then I tried the Vitalumiere Aqua and hello!!!

This little baby is not only packaged well (love the teeny, tiny, chic bottle!) but has a fabulous smell which my Matt Lumiere does not. Every time I apply it (with fingers), the smell evokes memories of my Mummy and how I would watch her apply her makeup when I was a child. The smell doesn't last all day which is also fine by me.

The formula is as sheer as anything and goes on so smoothy! I am currently on Roaacutane and have dry skin now but this foundation doesn't emphasise any dry lines. It's VERY lightweight so for those used to heavy foundations may find it a bit too sheer but I love it!

I set it with Chanel's Translucent Powder but you hardly need to do that either.

I love it so much that I will put on my makeup even though I have no where to go!! :):)

Try it ladies, you'll love it :):)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by wigsnatcher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is the only make up product I have ever used that looks better at the end of the day than in the beginning. There's something about this foundation that works with your skin rather than against it, however there are days when this does not cut it for me.

As many others have said, coverage is one notch above a tinted moisturiser; it will be good enough to cover redness but concealer will be required for blemishes. This product is supposed to be buildable but the most widely available colour range (Beige) is extremely yellow toned - personally I can't even get medium coverage out of it without looking a bit jaundiced. However, a thin layer of shade B10 blends into my neutral pale skin almost effortlessly and sets within seconds; in fact I almost get annoyed at how quickly it seamlessly blends and settles into my skin!

In the morning when I have first applied this, it almost looks like I am barefaced. The finish is normal skin texture. After concealer I apply complexion enhancer, blush and then finish off with Guerlain Meterorites. As the day wears on the foundation seems to absorb the other products so they too look totally seamless. Far from disappearing, my skin looks more perfected as the hours go by and, though the coverage from this foundation is minimal to begin with, it stays put really well - better than heavier duty foundations like LM Silk Creme and with far less oxidation compared to DiorSkin Nude. I have normal to mildly dry skin and this does not make my dry areas worse. When I do get oily or sweaty this doesn't seem to budge or melt on my skin.

I rate this foundation five stars overall because it is exceptionally good for what it is - a light coverage base, great for building upon with other products but not so wonderful for traditional foundation tasks like masking flaws or improving texture.