Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

3.9

Active ingredients: Octinoxate 6% Titanium dioxide 5.6% Inactive ingredients: Aqua, Methyl Trimethicone, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Aluminum hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Magnesium sulfate, Parfum, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Methylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipropylene glycol, Polyurethane, BHT, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Tocopherol, Propylparaben, Ultramarines, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 10/11/2011 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Just used this product on a client for the first time today and was blown away. The client had dry skin with bumps and blemishes, skin that does not normally carry liquid foundation well. This foundation left her moisturized, dewey, and skin that was lit from within. It was also very light and blended beautifully. Im going to use perfection lumiere on myself tomorrow and I will let everyone know how it works.

on 10/9/2011 12:24:00 PM

what i love : the consistency of this liquid (if that's what it's called ) is fabulous, not too thick, not too watery. Easy to spread throughout the whole face and has a decent coverage. Also does nt clog pores.

What i dislike: it lasts only a few hours, bear in mind i have oily skin and sweat alot (i live in a tropical country). Would not repurchase as the bb cream i'm using has slightly better coverage and the staying power far exceeds this one.

on 10/9/2011 5:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I cannot even begin to express the extent of my love for this foundation...actually thanks to makeupalley I can, so here I go:
Let me preface by explaining that my skin is ultra-sensitive, even the most gentle cleansers make me break out in hives and my skin becomes irritated extremely quickly. I am paler than an NC15, yet I tend to wear a shade or two darker in foundation anyway as my neck (and body) are a tad darker than my face.
Previously to buying this foundation, I wore Pro Lumiere in 20 Clair. I loved Pro Lumiere, but I felt like my combination skin needed something that was a little bit more matte or set to a more powder finish, as throughout the day Pro Lumiere would slip off the oilier parts of my skin. VitaLumiere Aqua has solved my problem. It stays looking natural, yet has more of a matte feel and sets on my skin rather than staying 'wet'. My skin is pretty clear, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone searching for a "full coverage foundation". Although, that being said, if you have a good concealer (MAC Studio Finish/Laura Mercier Secret Camoflage) you actually could get a good, natural look with this foundation and still cover up some nasty spots. On days where my skin isn't looking its peak, I mix a little bit of Pro Lumiere with my VitaLumiere Aqua to get a bit more coverage. I actually find that I'm loving the look of the two mixed even more than both of them separately. I haven't had any adverse reactions to it yet (although I have heard some people do react badly to Chanel face products) and I'm currently half-way through my second bottle.
Just so you know, the colours in VitaLumiere Aqua are different from the colours in Pro Lumiere. I wear 20 Clair in Pro Lumiere and B20 Beige Tendre in VitaLumiere Aqua, but have found that the 20 Clair is significantly darker than the B20 Beige Tendre. This may be because of the formulation differences, or just because there different colours, but I suggest you go match yourself at a counter rather than ordering online.

on 10/9/2011 3:18:00 AM

Amazing product! Works wonders and is honestly like a second skin. I tried it in store today and am in love. The coverage is buildable which is good because you can wear it everyday (very natural) or on a night out. The finish is dewy and nicely moistens the skin. I believe it could suit every skin type apart from very oily but I love it! I highly recommend anyone looking for a fabulous foundation at least give this one a go.

on 10/5/2011 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

As a makeup artist, I have to say, this is hands down one of the best liquids I have ever used. It is ultra lightweight with a flawless natural finish. You will need to conceal after though as it is not a full coverage. Clients always love the finish, and I am constantly complemented whenever I wear it.

I suggest using a primer before hand; Chanel's Illuminating base works great underneath or mixed with the foundation. I mix the base with the foundation to lighten the shade as it's a pinch too dark for me. Then apply directly with the fingers to the face blending well, and outwards. I have tried several different tools, and as indicated by the instructions, fingers work the best.

This foundation is great for anyone looking for a quick easy flawless medium coverage. The price is fair for the quality, and should last around the six month mark.

The only downside to this product: the lack of color range for yellow based skin tones, and medium to dark skin tones.

on 10/4/2011 8:54:00 PM

I really wanted to love this product after hearing and reading so many great reviews. I have pretty decent combo skin with very minor redness and no pimples. I usually wear a very light layer of TM or foundation. In theory, this product sounded like the perfect match for someone like me. Light to medium coverage and a very light watery texture. Unfortunately, it didnt work out for me. This product did not cover up the minor redness and it emphasized flaws on my skin instead. Somehow it didn't blend into my skin and settled into my pores and I could literally see each pore. It also had a really horrid flowery smell which I didn't like and the product felt so uncomfortable I literally wanted it off the moment I put it on my face. And worst of all, it dried out my skin around the nose/mouth area causing me to over produce oil and then subsequently break out. It wasn't until after doing some research that I found out this contains alcohol. I returned it within 5 days.

on 10/4/2011 5:56:00 PM

i first got this foundation about a 2 months ago at first i didnt see anything speical about it but after about 3 days i was in love i paid 38 euro .it was my first chanel foundation and i am so excited to try more .i use my hands to apply it which i find works best .i love the packaging its so travel friendly .i have dry/normal skin i mostly get dry patchs around my nose which i do find this foundation catchs in but not enough that i wouldnt wear it .it lasts around 8 hours still loooking nice

This, is the beat foundation I've used. I LOVED my Laura Mercier Silk one, and thought nothing could beat that. But this foundation did. Its a little pricy but totally worth it. Rapid and easy application.Its soft and evanescent ultra-fine fluid texture is a real surprise. Although it is exceptionally delicate and light, an incomparable “second-skin” perfecting result is achieved. The complexion appears amazingly even, fresh and energized. The skin glows with seemingly nude beauty. As if glowing from within. Bathed in light…

Its formula, endowed with a UVB sun filter and mineral sunscreen, protects the skin from damaging sun rays (SPF 15). Its crystalline fragrance accentuates the sensation of freshness and pleasure on application. I LOVE This!

This is my HG foundation. I have combination skin and a few dark spots. This covers them nicely but still looks natural. It does not settle into pores either. I got color matched at a Chanel counter and my color (B50) is sooooo perfect. I do still get a little oily in my T-zone, so I just set with a little powder. If i had to pick one foundation for the rest of my life, it would be this one!!!! Its expensive but soooo worth it.

I bought this yesterday and I am overwhelmed with the results already! My skin is combination so I have both oily and dry parts. When I wore it yesterday for the first time I could not believe how it "neutralised" my skin: it left it hydrated but not oily. Perfect! My partner commented on how "glowy" my skin was. I am quite pale (almost like a translucent complexion which I find difficult to match with products), and the shade just melted into my colouring (I bought the colour Biege Pastel). I could not detect the product at all, yet I felt my skin was so much more even. I would describe it as a product for someone who wants to look like themselves, only better! That's how I felt. Over the years I've moved away from heavy coverage into embracing what I actually have and allowing my skin to show through. Yes, it is pricey, so if you are concerned about whether it is right, do try a test pot first to make sure it's not going to leave you disappointed.