Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.8

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 5/23/2011 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I really really like this foundation! I originally bought True Ivory but Ivory is the best colour for my pale skin. I stipple it on with my fingers, it goes on well,blends well and STAYS on. It really is long lasting. Doesn't oxidize...at least not that I've noticed. I am really pleased to find such an inexpensive good foundation. It gives the level of coverage that I require which is more than tinted moisturizer but less than full coverage. Its buildable. I don't think the range of colours is very big but hey the colours they have works for me. Really really happy with it!

on 5/22/2011 3:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Finally! I found something I like better than Colorstay. This foundation is amazing. I got it for about 3.50 with a BOGO from Rite Aid in the shade 200. A perfect match for my complexion and it really does last all day. Leaves a fresher looking finish and doesn't leave my skin dry and tight like my Revlon Colorstay. My skin feels soft and like I'm not wearing anything. Good enough coverage to use as a light concealer.

on 5/22/2011 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this foundation because like many of us I am on a quest for the HG foundation. While Rimmel 25 hours is not my HG (sigh, will I ever find one) it is super close.
The price is less than $10. I am fair with yellow undertone, it is often hard to find a color match. Color 103 is just about perfect.
It dispenses from a squeeze type bottle. Consistency is a little thinner than hand soap. There is a slight "paint" like scent which quickly disappates. Dry time is fast, not as fast as Revlon Colorstay, so you get a bit more play.
It does last, but will come off on clothes.
Overall for the price this is a great long wearing foundation that I will keep in my rotation.

on 5/22/2011 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

after searching and searching i think ive finally found a foundation that is for me , i have normal skin and got this in shade 200, which im a mac nw 20.it lasts a very long time, it is a really good cover foundation id say medium to full , it days quickly so u do have to work quick,the bottle is ok but the tube inside would be better with, a pump. Maybe mac one auld fit. I hope that i am still liking this in a months time i would defiantly repurchase.

on 5/21/2011 11:32:00 AM

This is a review for the 25hr foundation in 300 Sand, which is actually too light for me. I needed a foundation, and a bunch of people recommended either RImmel or Revlon. Slightly intimidated by the Revlon packaging, I took the Rimmel alternative, and decided that for 30 mL, the price wasn't too bad.

Pros:
I find that this melts into my skin after a few seconds of applying, and it blends very easily. It does provide coverage and evens out my skin, as well as being convenient. Good for a primer.

Cons:
It definitely smells like makeup.
The bottle that I have is the black one, that's designed to go upside down. I have to say that that is the stupidest design that I've ever heard of, especially since the screw cap to this seems broken! I can't get it to screw shut properly, it just pops and continues to go around.

Other:
It does smudge a bit, and if you rub your skin you can tell that you're wearing it. It's also very easy to go everywhere, because it comes out of the tube quickly if you squeeze suddenly, hard, or pretty much do anything with it with the cap off.

Thoughts:
Not bad. Did what I wanted it to, but with the hassle of it, not worth rebuying. Maybe next time I'll get the Revlon!
I'm currently using it as a concealer, set with powder, and as a eyeshadow primer. Just a tiny bit on my lid really helps bring out sheer colours and keep them on! But for me, that's pretty much all it's good for.

on 5/20/2011 4:28:00 AM

If you're on a budget and looking for a decent foundation then this is for you. I bought the 100 Ivory and it is a perfect match, it blends well, medium to full coverage, with a nice dewy finish - you don't need too much of this really. I work in a stuffy office and the fact that my foundation looks relatively ok when leaving there is a good reason for buying this product! I'm now stepping into the world of MAC, but should I need to go back to budget foundation then this would be my first choice.

on 5/18/2011 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Okay, so this product had a few god things about it. It did stay on a long time even when i sweat. And it didn't look greasy or anything like that. However i was allergic to it and it burned when i put it on and caused me to break out more. So it could have just been me, so you should probably try this out for yourself, i have sensitive skin so it didn't work with me. If you dont have sensitive skin then i suggest this.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I wouldnt recommend this if you have oily skin. I have really oily skin and when i used this even with a setting powder, i still found that my face got really oily within about an hour, it was just melting off my face during the day and i was constantly touching up. Its inexpensive and has pretty good coverage though. I wont be buying this again.

on 5/16/2011 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I got this foundation in Natural Beige, I'm usually NC30, and this shade was unusually dark for me. Shade is not a problem to me, if the foundation is great, I can always get the shade exchange, but this foundation however was not that fantastic!
This foundation gives off an oily cast/residue on my face, and I never suffer from oil breakout, so I definitely know it's not my skin, cause when first applied it was already like that.
I try setting it with loose powder but the oil just kept soaking my powder, soo I sort of gave up afterwards. Definitely wont repurchase.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

pros:
long wearing
natural-looking
decent coverage
dewy and fresh
easy to blend
cheap
cons:
poor shade selection
slightly tacky on the skin
packaging is messy
possibly broke me out

i bought this a little over a month ago because i had tanned and needed a new foundation to match my skintone (i got 200 soft beige). at first, i loved it. i suggest applying this by patting it on with your fingers and then pressing it to let it melt into the skin. i think this would work well for someone with dry skin, because it lasted wonderfully on my dry areas, but did not hold up so well on my T-zone. it also settled in 'fine lines' around the eyes and where laugh lines would be granted i was old enough to have them. it takes a while to set, but becomes unblendable quickly. i did enjoy the product, but the shade was too yellow and the dewiness just won't work for me. i may return to it in fall/winter though.