Maybelline SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

3.5

Aqua/Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Isododecane, Dimethicone, C30 45 Alkyl Dimethylsilyl Propylsilsequioxane, Glycerin, Silica, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin 3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Paraffin, May Contain ( /-): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

This lasts all day on me. I love it.

on 10/17/2009 2:47:00 PM

I finally tired this 24hr myth, and i have always worn the revlon color stay.

I was EXTREMELY upset about the color selection, with Revlon, I am the pale porcilin, and i can still where the next three shades up without looking like a pumpkin or bein too dark

with the maybelline, i was forced into either the porcilin shade, which was WAAAY too pink and not pale enough, or the sand beige, which i chose to go with but when i put it on it turned my whole face orange, luckily i had my revlon color stay powder as well to put on over it and the color looked better.

they deffinately we not jokin about the stuff not comming off, it really doesn't haha the coverage is pretty light to medium

i prefer the revlon for color and coverage

the bottles are the same though and maybelline doesn't have a smell, if only revlon could make this in 24 hr :(

ill try the procilin though it looked too red and if that don't work im done with this foundation, ive noticed almost all maybelline foundations have orange and yellow undertones and turn me either yellow or orange, and i unfortunately have red undertones so revlon is the best choice...for now...

on 10/17/2009 5:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best foundations drugstore and high end. Though I will say I have only tried half a dozen high end and almost all drugstore brands. Not perfect but best I can find thus far. This is one of the very few that stays on a bit longer and less oxidation. Gives better coverage than most.

Will use it till I find better but this is the best thus far and I have tried dozens. I despise the container though. Long and skinny, hard to get anything out of it once 20% is used, because its so thick. I like the thickness gives great coverage but better in a shallow container or one with working pump.

By the way, Revlon Colorstay, ALL of them, original and the new mousse one, NONE give much coverage for me and all oxidize within short time. The good reviews for them blow me away, dont get it. All Revlon foundations do this to me, not just Colorstay.

on 10/16/2009 2:29:00 PM

I really like this but for a very smooth buildable finish I have to use a damp sponge and make sure I use my Vanicream to moisturize. It has great coverage and it does wear for quite some time. The only problem is that my skin is so sensitive I can only wear foundation for two or three days in a row.

on 10/15/2009 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

hhmmmm idk maybe its just me, but this foundation didn't really work for me =/ i bought this in "Nude" because every other shade was either too dark or too light; while i thought this color matched me perfectly, when i looked in the natural light the other day, it made me look orange! did not match me at aall, but it was a BOGO at Walgreens so i bought a lighter shade as well and i guess i could try to mix them.....
The Pros were that it deff lasted a long time and it gave me really really good coverage even though i only used a little bit (i applied it with Mac's stippling brush). It evened out all of the redness and made my blemishes practically disappear.
I would deff recommend this for someone who has oily skin, but this made my dry skin look even more dried out and cakey.

on 10/15/2009 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I swear by Everday Minerals (Golden Fair Pressed Powder<3), but as the winter is coming my skin tends to get extremely dry, and I wanted a liquid foundation that wouldn't accenuate the dry patches. I am also going to a rap concert at the end of the month and was looking for a foundation that would have excellent staying power. You never know, maybe one of the rappers will pull me up onstage to sing and I'll want my foundation to look good ;]

I bought this after reading the good reviews.

The Pros:
Was perfect for my dry skin - I didn't wash this off at night ( I know, bad me!) to test the staying power...and when I woke up the foundation was mostly intact and my skin felt very mouisturized. Yay!

The staying power is really good, I did experience some fading while testing the whole "24 hour thing"...but while it might not last 24hrs, it will last the day. I'll have to update after wearing it to the concert.

Cons:

The bottle: Agh, I wish they had this in a pump bottle instead, it's pretty hard to get the stuff out of the bottle, plus I feel like a pump is all around more hygenic. Oh well.

The color selection: There are barely any colors, and at most stores I visited the lightest was "Sand Beige" which was noticeably darker than my super pale sunscreen obsessed skin. I finally tracked down a Porcelain Ivory @ Walgreens, but it isn't warm enough for my skin (Sand Beige is more golden, Porcelain Ivory is cooler). It's going to be a pain to get both to come out of the bottle, but if I mix them the color is pretty darn close, so I'm going to try mixing and storing in a pump bottle if I can find one in my closet. =]

Overall good makeup, I will use it on days when I'm feeling exceptionally dry to give my skin a break from the mineral makeup (which can dry out) or when I'm going out for awhile....but Everyday Minerals Golden Fair Pressed Powder is still as close to an HG as I'm going to get and I'll be using that too.

UPDATE: Bumped it down to 3 lippies...While the stayin power is great and the makeup doesn't transfer, the color selection is really way too limited. Even when I mix the two lightest shades, it's not close enough for me (although I'm kind of picky). I'll keep this and pull it out occasionally but won't repurchase.

on 10/11/2009 2:49:00 PM

ABSOLUTLY FABULOUS PRODUCT! I have very sensitive and acne prone skin and this hasnt made me breakout. Staying power is amazing and looks natural on the skin. Can have full coverage while still looking natural. Great price! Will be buying again!

on 10/10/2009 10:43:00 PM

The coverage was great, the finish was nice, and it stayed on...unfortunately, it clogged my pores and made me break out BIG time by the second use. Went back to Colorstay, and it stopped. :(

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

AWESOME! from now on this is my one and only foundation:) i got it in classic ivory and i was so happy because it totally made me golden! it gave me great great coverage that literally lasted all day and i still looked perfect by night. it doesnt do much for your shiny zones but its a BEAUTIFUL product. love it! especially because you dont see any caky zones it blends in like its your natural skin.

on 10/8/2009 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Wore this out yesterday for the first time. Within two hours it oxidized and turned me orange, but only in certain spots. I looked like a splotchy oompa loompa! Good/bad news is that it sure is long wear, I couldn't just wipe it off!!