September 18, 2014 | 1573 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this but for a very smooth buildable finish I have to use a damp sponge and make sure I use my Vanicream to moisturize. It has great coverage and it does wear for quite some time. The only problem is that my skin is so sensitive I can only wear foundation for two or three days in a row.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by buttercup16

hhmmmm idk maybe its just me, but this foundation didn't really work for me =/ i bought this in "Nude" because every other shade was either too dark or too light; while i thought this color matched me perfectly, when i looked in the natural light the other day, it made me look orange! did not match me at aall, but it was a BOGO at Walgreens so i bought a lighter shade as well and i guess i could try to mix them.....
The Pros were that it deff lasted a long time and it gave me really really good coverage even though i only used a little bit (i applied it with Mac's stippling brush). It evened out all of the redness and made my blemishes practically disappear.
I would deff recommend this for someone who has oily skin, but this made my dry skin look even more dried out and cakey.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by JessAriel7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I swear by Everday Minerals (Golden Fair Pressed Powder<3), but as the winter is coming my skin tends to get extremely dry, and I wanted a liquid foundation that wouldn't accenuate the dry patches. I am also going to a rap concert at the end of the month and was looking for a foundation that would have excellent staying power. You never know, maybe one of the rappers will pull me up onstage to sing and I'll want my foundation to look good ;]

I bought this after reading the good reviews.

The Pros:
Was perfect for my dry skin - I didn't wash this off at night ( I know, bad me!) to test the staying power...and when I woke up the foundation was mostly intact and my skin felt very mouisturized. Yay!

The staying power is really good, I did experience some fading while testing the whole "24 hour thing"...but while it might not last 24hrs, it will last the day. I'll have to update after wearing it to the concert.

Cons:

The bottle: Agh, I wish they had this in a pump bottle instead, it's pretty hard to get the stuff out of the bottle, plus I feel like a pump is all around more hygenic. Oh well.

The color selection: There are barely any colors, and at most stores I visited the lightest was "Sand Beige" which was noticeably darker than my super pale sunscreen obsessed skin. I finally tracked down a Porcelain Ivory @ Walgreens, but it isn't warm enough for my skin (Sand Beige is more golden, Porcelain Ivory is cooler). It's going to be a pain to get both to come out of the bottle, but if I mix them the color is pretty darn close, so I'm going to try mixing and storing in a pump bottle if I can find one in my closet. =]

Overall good makeup, I will use it on days when I'm feeling exceptionally dry to give my skin a break from the mineral makeup (which can dry out) or when I'm going out for awhile....but Everyday Minerals Golden Fair Pressed Powder is still as close to an HG as I'm going to get and I'll be using that too.

UPDATE: Bumped it down to 3 lippies...While the stayin power is great and the makeup doesn't transfer, the color selection is really way too limited. Even when I mix the two lightest shades, it's not close enough for me (although I'm kind of picky). I'll keep this and pull it out occasionally but won't repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by luckyscottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTLY FABULOUS PRODUCT! I have very sensitive and acne prone skin and this hasnt made me breakout. Staying power is amazing and looks natural on the skin. Can have full coverage while still looking natural. Great price! Will be buying again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by YouthInAsia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The coverage was great, the finish was nice, and it stayed on...unfortunately, it clogged my pores and made me break out BIG time by the second use. Went back to Colorstay, and it stopped. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by BratzModelBetch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

AWESOME! from now on this is my one and only foundation:) i got it in classic ivory and i was so happy because it totally made me golden! it gave me great great coverage that literally lasted all day and i still looked perfect by night. it doesnt do much for your shiny zones but its a BEAUTIFUL product. love it! especially because you dont see any caky zones it blends in like its your natural skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Wore this out yesterday for the first time. Within two hours it oxidized and turned me orange, but only in certain spots. I looked like a splotchy oompa loompa! Good/bad news is that it sure is long wear, I couldn't just wipe it off!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lvqbana

I BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT CLAIMS "24 HOUR WEAR". WHEN I FIRST APPLIED THE PRODUCT I WAS PLEASED WITH THE EASE OF APPLICATION AND THE FINAL LOOK. AS THE HOURS PASSED IT STARTED TO GET SHINY AND RUBBING OFF!! BY THE END OF THE DAY THE COLOR HAD CHANGED AND MY FACED LOOKED OILY. I HAVE BEEN WEARING IT FOR TWO DAYS AND I'M ALREADY BREAKING OUT. I WILL NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN AND GOING BACK TO MY OLD FOUNDATION : RIMMEL LASTING FINISH FOUNDATION.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I feel that I must compare this foundation to the Revlon Colorstay because I have both. For years, Revlon Colorstay has been my HG foundation, but I never ceased trying to look for an even better one. While Colorstay gives me flawless skin with full coverage, they do not have my color match. I am NC30 and I have it in "Fresh Beige", which contains too much beige and not enough yellow. I've wanted to try out the other shades but none of them look right. Plus, the high price tag has always stopped me. Once the Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour came out, I was anxious to test it out since many reviewers claimed that it was similar to Colorstay. I am usually a "Nude" in the Maybelline coloring system (it is warm and has yellow undertones), but I accidentally picked up "Classic Beige" instead. Though it looks pale and beige in the bottle, surprisingly, it still works for me. I love how Superstay covers all my flaws but still manages to make me look natural. With Colorstay, my face looks absolutely perfect, but it is very obvious that I am wearing foundation. Superstay also feels light on the skin, even though it offers full coverage (a big contrast from the heaviness of Colorstay). But while it does feel more lightweight, I don't think it lasts as long as Colorstay if you're pulling a marathon with your makeup. At the end of the night, Colorstay still keeps my freckles/pimples/other flaws hidden. With Superstay, I experienced some fading. A huge plus is that it does not have a strong unpleasant scent, while everybody knows that Colorstay smells like paint! But I have to say that one gripe I have with the Superstay is that the bottle's long neck makes it so difficult for me to pour out the foundation! Colorstay is liquidy enough to run right out whenever I tilt the bottle, but I have to shake and tap the Superstay on the back of my hand to get it out. Now I just store it sideways to make the job easier. The Maybelline Superstay has now replaced Colorstay as my HG, but I will still continue to reach for Colorstay for special events when I need to get "dolled up."

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by loveme4lyfe

though this foundation has been compared to revlon colorstay and mac's studio fix i have not personally tried either one but i have tried mac's mineralized satin finished...and this foundation is completely different! i like both but this definitely gives a much better coverage (i'm NC35 for reference) and almost completely matte...almost because it does give a slight natrual shine but does get shiny as the day goes...but i have dry skin so to me it isnt a big deal. i dont think this foundation will do well with oily skintypes.

NC35 my match was classic beige...though i was unsure cause it does look alil greyish in the bottle but on the skin it sheers out to a olive slightly yellow skintone...i wouldnt say this was a completely great match but definitely very close! (slightly too light) i'm thinking of moving up the natrual tan the next two shade..the next shade up had too much of a pink undertone.

but it definitely stays on...worked out for two hrs at the gym and my fondation was still intact...though it isnt transfer resistence it still lasts well on the skin 8hr +