August 1, 2014 | 1966 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - SuperStay 24HR Makeup - New Version

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by luckyscottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ABSOLUTLY FABULOUS PRODUCT! I have very sensitive and acne prone skin and this hasnt made me breakout. Staying power is amazing and looks natural on the skin. Can have full coverage while still looking natural. Great price! Will be buying again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2009 10:43:00 PM More reviews by YouthInAsia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The coverage was great, the finish was nice, and it stayed on...unfortunately, it clogged my pores and made me break out BIG time by the second use. Went back to Colorstay, and it stopped. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2009 10:37:00 PM More reviews by BratzModelBetch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

AWESOME! from now on this is my one and only foundation:) i got it in classic ivory and i was so happy because it totally made me golden! it gave me great great coverage that literally lasted all day and i still looked perfect by night. it doesnt do much for your shiny zones but its a BEAUTIFUL product. love it! especially because you dont see any caky zones it blends in like its your natural skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by MrsDevall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Wore this out yesterday for the first time. Within two hours it oxidized and turned me orange, but only in certain spots. I looked like a splotchy oompa loompa! Good/bad news is that it sure is long wear, I couldn't just wipe it off!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lvqbana

I BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT CLAIMS "24 HOUR WEAR". WHEN I FIRST APPLIED THE PRODUCT I WAS PLEASED WITH THE EASE OF APPLICATION AND THE FINAL LOOK. AS THE HOURS PASSED IT STARTED TO GET SHINY AND RUBBING OFF!! BY THE END OF THE DAY THE COLOR HAD CHANGED AND MY FACED LOOKED OILY. I HAVE BEEN WEARING IT FOR TWO DAYS AND I'M ALREADY BREAKING OUT. I WILL NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT AGAIN AND GOING BACK TO MY OLD FOUNDATION : RIMMEL LASTING FINISH FOUNDATION.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I feel that I must compare this foundation to the Revlon Colorstay because I have both. For years, Revlon Colorstay has been my HG foundation, but I never ceased trying to look for an even better one. While Colorstay gives me flawless skin with full coverage, they do not have my color match. I am NC30 and I have it in "Fresh Beige", which contains too much beige and not enough yellow. I've wanted to try out the other shades but none of them look right. Plus, the high price tag has always stopped me. Once the Maybelline Superstay 24 Hour came out, I was anxious to test it out since many reviewers claimed that it was similar to Colorstay. I am usually a "Nude" in the Maybelline coloring system (it is warm and has yellow undertones), but I accidentally picked up "Classic Beige" instead. Though it looks pale and beige in the bottle, surprisingly, it still works for me. I love how Superstay covers all my flaws but still manages to make me look natural. With Colorstay, my face looks absolutely perfect, but it is very obvious that I am wearing foundation. Superstay also feels light on the skin, even though it offers full coverage (a big contrast from the heaviness of Colorstay). But while it does feel more lightweight, I don't think it lasts as long as Colorstay if you're pulling a marathon with your makeup. At the end of the night, Colorstay still keeps my freckles/pimples/other flaws hidden. With Superstay, I experienced some fading. A huge plus is that it does not have a strong unpleasant scent, while everybody knows that Colorstay smells like paint! But I have to say that one gripe I have with the Superstay is that the bottle's long neck makes it so difficult for me to pour out the foundation! Colorstay is liquidy enough to run right out whenever I tilt the bottle, but I have to shake and tap the Superstay on the back of my hand to get it out. Now I just store it sideways to make the job easier. The Maybelline Superstay has now replaced Colorstay as my HG, but I will still continue to reach for Colorstay for special events when I need to get "dolled up."

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 2:09:00 AM More reviews by loveme4lyfe

though this foundation has been compared to revlon colorstay and mac's studio fix i have not personally tried either one but i have tried mac's mineralized satin finished...and this foundation is completely different! i like both but this definitely gives a much better coverage (i'm NC35 for reference) and almost completely matte...almost because it does give a slight natrual shine but does get shiny as the day goes...but i have dry skin so to me it isnt a big deal. i dont think this foundation will do well with oily skintypes.

NC35 my match was classic beige...though i was unsure cause it does look alil greyish in the bottle but on the skin it sheers out to a olive slightly yellow skintone...i wouldnt say this was a completely great match but definitely very close! (slightly too light) i'm thinking of moving up the natrual tan the next two shade..the next shade up had too much of a pink undertone.

but it definitely stays on...worked out for two hrs at the gym and my fondation was still intact...though it isnt transfer resistence it still lasts well on the skin 8hr +

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by viorela55

It is amazing! Makes you look poreless, flawless, perfect. Love it! I have oily tzone and acne prone and large pores. I am 40! I have sunspots, acnespots and uneven skin. This product is wonderful. It stays on and on. I never had to touch it up with powder at all. I worked all day and sweated in Florida heat and humidity all day. My face looked as perfect as when i put it on in the morning. If anything, it looked better as it somehow melted into my face and i looked like that was my real skin. I would love to have seen a pump on this bottle though but that's my only regret. The shades are also good although i'd like to see a little more yellow in all shades. These are small and minor concerns though and I've finally found a makeup that lasts and lasts and doesn't feel like it's on my face at all. Even at 9 PM at night! It comes off easy with soap and water and for $8 you cannot beat this. I'm so glad i found this before i broke down and spent $28 on that ridiculous Bare Essentuals crap! Anyway, BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT! And Maybelline, please do not change this. It seems as soon as i find a good product the company either changes it or discontinues it within weeks. Ridiculous! This product is MAN MADE PERFECTION!

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 10:56:00 AM More reviews by shinningstarx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product when it was on sale right about the time it came out. It was buy one get one free. There was not really a shade that was my skin tone exactly so I just bought one a little lighter and one darker since the other one was free. So I mixed them both the same ration 1:1 and put it in another bottle that I could pump it out. That is one thing I don't like about the packaging is that I would much rather it have a pump on it. But then again almost all foundations have that kind of same packaging so I can't be mad at them for that. Anyways It wears a long time. I do set it with Ben Nye setting translucent powder. I don't have to touch up at work as much as other foundation including a Clinique one that I have which was twice more expensive. I would say that it is about a medium coverage which for me is just great. It didn't bother me that I had to mix them because I like to mix my foundations to get the right color anyways. All in all I love it. Awesome product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

Another foundation that's going to have to be returned. I thought it was a good color match. I'm very fair and I got sand beige because all the other light colors looked too pink or orange on me. It was not enough coverage for me and didn't last very long, not even through an 8 hour work day. I would say its medium coverage but my skin is so awful at the moment I need fuller coverage. This might be good for someone who doesn't need as much coverage or who has time to put concealer then foundation on. I can't comment if it made me break out or not because I only used it twice. Luckily I got it BOGO at walgreens. If only revlon colorstay came in this color it would be perfect. The search continues for my HG foundation.