October 22, 2014 | 1011 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

**The Mia is officially available in AUSTRALIA!!!!....But only white for now, the coloured Mia's are arriving sometime in December 2011**

Anyways I couldn't wait, so I ended up getting a friend to do a CP from USA and ship it to Australia.
I loved my Pro soo much! But with all the traveling, I really didn't want to take my Pro along with me only because I'm afraid I will damage it or the cradle.
The Mia is currently only $119USD + tax in the USA including shipping, it actually worked out to be a lot cheaper then the $149AUD Clarisonic Australia is demanding here in Australia.

I'm not going to go on about how wonderful the Clarisonic is, obviously love it to death and all the incredible things its done for my skin! ......And partly cause my review for the Pro was like 5000 word essay dedicated to praise the Clarisonic itself, Mia does exactly the same thing... So whatever I write here will technically be a repeat of all that.

The Mia is literally half the size of my Pro, small, efficient, the pLink charger is fantastic for the traveler like me.
Although I love my Pro and still use it more often then my Mia (Mia is only for when I'm away) I found if your not interested in the body function, or the pulsing T-timer, the Mia is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by centrechic

I got this for my birthday last year and I haven't looked back. I use less cleanser, my face gets cleaner, and my face feels smoother afterwards. If you're on the fence, get this! It's worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by thelonelyraindrop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I do feel this is a bit pricy it has so far proved to be worth the splurge.
My skin is absolutely glowing from this!
It leaves my skin looking tightened (in a good way) which is a very good thing for someone like me with unfortunately large pores.
As others have said, it really does allow for better absorption of moisturizers!
I use retin A at night and this seems to have allowed me to use even less than I was, with better results. I know, it sounds too good to be true, but so far I am loving this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by fly2sky012

I am in love with my Mia! My husband bought this as a birthday present (I know, way to go!), and I am so glad he did! I was wondering if I would end up using it to find absolutely NO difference in my skin and wondering what the rave reviews were all about. Now I am one of those rave reviewers. I've had it for over a month, and it is one of my favorite beauty products. First of all, it removes make up so well, better than any liquid/gel remover or wipe out there. It's not at all harsh on the skin (which I was worried about), although I will say that my skin did seem a bit flushed for the first few days, until I realized you're only supposed to use it once a day. My skin feels so smooth, soft, my pores are smaller, and I think the exfoliation is actually helping with some hyperpigmentation on my cheeks, which is awesome. It comes with a delicate brush head, but they sell a gentle one if you have really sensitive skin. If you end up using a gel cleanser with this like I do, I would recommend putting a small amount on your skin as well as on the brush head mixed with water, and it will help it lather up more. My face wash wasn't lathering at all until I started putting it on both my skin and on the brush head.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by sookiepyopyo

I was very excited to try this product but it did not work for me. I already have good skin and I thought it would keep it that way. It did make my skin feel very soft and it was very refreshing especially after long, humid, hot NYC summer days. However, it made me break out on my cheeks with cystic pimples which I have never had. I returned the device and 2 months later the pimples have still not completely disappeared. I could see it working great for many others though but the over exfoliation turned out to be overload for me. I have run into others who have had the same experience. Maybe in some years it may work but I'd stay away if you just want to try this out of curiosity. If you only need gentle exfoliation and don't wear heavy makeup I'd stick to a glycolic acid cleanser a couple of times a week.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by skincarefanatic01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I feel compelled to write a review on this product because I am the forever skeptic and never in a million years would I have thought this product would have So, I had been debating whether or not to try the Clarisonic for at least a year. I had seen it on QVC time after time and at first just thought to myself, "Please! I have been washing my face all on my own for over 20 years. Do I really need a gadget that costs so much money to help do something that I have been quite successful at for the last 2 decades? How effective can it really be?"

Well, my curiosity finally got the best of me and I went to Sephora and purchased the Mia. I must admit, I was almost hoping for it to fail so I could prove myself right that I didn't need some expensive gadget to wash my face and all the hype is just ridiculous.

Wow, was I WRONG!! After the first couple days of use, I thought my skin felt "nice" and it did kinda feel like I just had a facial. But, I was still skeptical as to whether that was worth the price tag. Then I kept using it twice a day with my Purity cleanser and after a couple of weeks my skin has done a complete 180.

I am no longer using concealer, my stubborn clogged pores on my nose are all but GONE, and I have not had a single breakout (That is HUGE, considering I am just finishing up my "time of the month" when my skin usually breaks out in huge painful cystic acne from the hormones). I had no idea my skin even had the potential to look and feel this good. It is clear, so so so soft, brighter, more even in color & texture, and my makeup goes on smoother than ever.

Seriously, Clarisonic has COMPLETELY changed my skin! Now, I can't imagine not using my Mia every single day. I look forward to using it so much that its the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning and when I'm driving home from work at least once I think to myself, "I can't wait to get home and wash my face". It has made me appreciate my beloved Purity cleanser and Hope In A Jar Moisturizer more as well since they seem to be working SO much better (and I didn't think that was possible either since they are my HG products). It gets my Purity down deep into my pores to work its magic. And with such a clean slate, my skin just drinks my HIAJ moisturizer right up and I have a beautiful healthy glow that I haven't had in years.

Thank you Clarisonic!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ayabug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this about two weeks ago and I think it's my favorite beauty purchase ever. HG.
It's fast, just a minute, and very gentle. I use it twice daily after removing my makeup. The first time I used it my face looked smoother. After the first week I got 3 tiny whiteheads, which I think was part of the "purging" that many people referred to. They have since gone away. My pores on my nose and t-zone are visibly smaller. My face is smoother and also I no longer have dry patches around my nostrils and near my eyebrows. I used to wear a tinted moisturizer and bronzer, but I am more and more relishing in having a bare face. I've never been so confident in my bare face before. My dad commented that my face "glows" and told me yesterday "You look like someone who had botox--your skin is so smooth." I don't know if it's in my head, but I had some mild pocking on my temples from teenage acne that seem smoother. I DO think my various serums work better with this product. I enjoy my evening ritual of make up removal, clarisonic, serum, moisturizer now--I feel like I'm giving myself a facial. It's also easy to travel with. I plan to buy this for my sister for Christmas.

6 months later:
I now use my mia a few times a week and still love it. I found in the winter it was a bit much to use it everyday, but expect that as the weather starts heating up I will use it more. I used it on a trip to Hawaii when I was wearing a lot of sun screen and sweating a lot and it kept my face pristine. It's especially good when I have some uneven dryness or flakiness--I use my Mia and my skin is even and smooth. I also like to use it before a facial mask because I think they work better and more evenly. I hardly wear any facial make up, which I credit to my Mia. I am very happy with my purchase, as is my sister.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I just bought this product on sale from Sephora =) I think I got this for $111.
Its the best, I use it 1x to exfoliate my skin. I'm not sure if I could use this everyday, because generally I exfoliate my skin 1x/week. Anyways, I love this product & its made my skin so much more smoother. I haven't broken out at all either.
its worth it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Sparkles67

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was a splurge that's for sure but your face feels so nice and soft afterwards! It really made my face clean. I use it with my St.Ives gentle scrub cleaner in the mornings, this makes my sunscreen and moisturizer just sink in. You will probably find yourself using less moisturizer. I was very skeptical at first but the reviews were so positive. I am glad I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by RedandCurly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so you've probably heard everyone and their mother sing praises to the MIA. Get ready for some more praise.

I have pretty good skin. However, it is certainly not perfect! My skin is dry, a bit red, and produces the occasional un-welcomed friend every once and a while. I came across the Clarisonic over a year ago, and have been in love ever since.

It exfoliates all off my skin easily, doesn't irritate whatsoever, and leaves my skin extremely soft and well... clean. I use it every night along with my Avene cleanser (Philosophy purity is another great duo). I do recommend that you remove your makeup before using the Clarisonic, and follow up with a good moisturizer.

I LOVE my Clarisonic, and I can't imagine not having it. It's made such a difference in my skin, and my skin is clear and extremely soft. I highly recommend it!

WARNING: DO NOT USE YOUR CLARISONIC WITH AN EXFOLIATOR. IT WILL TEAR UP YOUR SKIN, LEAVING IT IRRITATED AND RED!