January 31, 2015 | 1338 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

I bought this liner to replace an old Bobbi Brown gel liner I had. The price was right & the brush looked amazing to do a cat's eye look.

While the gel is the same quality as Bobbi Brown & the brush is a very nice size, it is not as easy to control as other styles of liquid or gel liner I have used.

While I think the brush is great, it's just too hard to get a thin line with it & sometimes you can, sometimes not so much. Maybe with a different brush I would have liked it more but I like ease of use and this one, not so much.

If you like to spend the time & you like a somewhat thicker line then I'm sure this is great b/c it is longwearing & just like most other higher end gel liners but I find my cheapo Wet & Wild thin brush liquid liner is the best I have ever used, lasts the longest and is only $3.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This doesn't smudge, smear nor flake. It lasts the whole day. I just wish the brown were a bit darker, but it's perfect for a barely there makeup look. A permanent on my list.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by NicolaKate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After using MAC's Fluidline in Blacktrack for about a year and after hearing such good reviews about this eyeliner I thought I would give it ago. This eyeliner is exceptional, especially for the price. And since it's Maybelline, pretty easy for everyone to get their hands on.

A tiny bit of product goes a long way, glides on easily, is easy to manipulate and the longevity of it's wear is exceptional, once again, considering the price.

I dislike the brush that comes with it, as I've always used a small angled liner/brow brush to apply gel eyeliner. But that's not a problem, that's just down to personal preference.

All in all, a fabulous eyeliner to create those sexy winged looks.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by mgdec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

mine does not dry :(........n smudge.....what's wrong?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by veelin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Probably the best eyeliner I've ever had. It doesn't smudge, it stays put on my lids even after 10 hours of application (my eyelids are very oily and the weather here is super humid) and it is extremely easy to apply. The only thing I dislike from this eyeliner is that the black colour doesn't look as dramatic as liquid eyeliners enough even though it claims to be the Blackest Black.
Repurchase? Yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by savyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not as convenient to use as liquid pen liners, But it has amazing staying power--truly is waterproof and smudge-proof. I find you have to clean the little brush it comes with often or it's hard to apply. Also after a while the stuff gets kind of dry and hard so i just put this little jar in a bowl of hot water for a while. Overall, I'll continue using this for the staying power and price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this so much!! It was my first gel liner (I got mine in brown (I wanted black though...)) and provides a lovely natural liner look. My only complaint so far is that it creases onto my brow bone, however the pros are the brush and that it does not dry out!! I definitely would like to try it out again and maybe experiment with other colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:41:00 AM More reviews by SunnySmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first gel eyeliner that Ive ever used so I dont have that much experience or other products to compare it to, but it is definatley a brilliant purchase!

Adv:
Doesnt smudge over a long period of time
Lasts a long time

Disadv:
If it hasnt dried, and you need to touch up your lines, it will smudge and stay there!

Would recommend trying it! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

After my Revlon colorstay liquid liner was starting to dry out, and a party to get to, I decided to purchase this. I've already heard rave reviews about this particular product so I had a lot of hopes and expectations.

And... wow. Needless to say, this gel eyeliner met them all. I don't think I'll even consider looking back. I've never really wanted or needed a thin line so basically, the brush that comes along with this is perfect. It's soft and it enables the color to glide on smoothly. Didn't smudge onto my eyeshadow either even though I perspired quite a bit. Will update after a few more uses, if needed, but I think I won't need to. :]

Update: Since I'm not a frequent makeup user, I found that the leftover eyeliner in the pot turned hard and cold after a while. So I think that means that it needs to be warmed up before application? Because several swipes with my brush had no effect compared to rubbing my pinkie into the pot.

Disappointing. However, this is the older formula (hard, glass-like pot) and I recently bought the newer formula (plastic jar) so I will add on another review once I've used the latter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by LHARTWICK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always used pencil eyeliners. On a whim I purchased this in black. I really thought I would make a complete mess of things trying to apply it to my eyelids, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use! The brush that is included produces a very sharp, crisp line, and it stays put all day long. Even after 12 hours it still looks fresh. I only gave it 4 lippies because this is one of the many black eyeliners I've tried that always come out looking navy. The navy is a great color, but I also need something in black. However it does help if I use a black/brown pencil eyeliner first then apply the gel eyeliner - that helps give a deeper color. I will definitely repurchase.