December 18, 2014 | 1568 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by beautygirly

Pricely but really good stuff! I think there are no name copies of this stuff for far less. The argon oil in it makes it different from my other hair serums. I received a sample of it from the salon and really love how smooth and shiny it makes my hair look. I put a dime sized amount combed in after a shower while my hair is still wet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Coccolina

Here is the deal. My hairstylist severely damaged my hair trying to correct the color. I got the blond I wanted, but paid the price of losing a lot of hair. She suggested I try Moroccan Oil to treat my poor hair, and handed me a sample bottle. I applied a generous amount, and was impressed how fast my hair soaked it up. It did look big deal better after the oil treatment, so I immediately went online and purchased a 3.4 fl oz /100ml size bottle. After using it a few times, I became disappointed.
(1) it does give you an appearance of moisturizing, but in fact it dries the hair. once you use it a few times and then stop applying - check out the difference. my hair was twice as dry as before I started using this product.
(2) as someone already noted, the ingredients are same old chemical crap, except for the tiny bit of Aragan oil, which is not even listed first (meaning, it's not the main ingredient)
(3) it has plenty of yellow and red in it, which sets in your hair. This becomes a problem after repetitive use if you have blonde hair. I don't tolerate any product that gives my blonde a yellow tone.
(4) the price is almost extreme.

Not long ago I purchased a bottle of Coconut Milk anti-breakage serum by Organix. This stuff is 5 times cheaper and gives me way better results compared to Moroccan Oil. It also has more natural ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 10:29:00 AM More reviews by llmalczewski

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MoroccanOil Luminous Hairspray is the best hairspray I have ever purchased. I have short, colored hair and I want a spray that keeps hair in place, but not like a helmet! I only wash my hair every other day, and I can use it the second day too without the "buildup" that I've gotten with every other spray. It smells great,(same as the oil which I also love) and although it is salon priced, I would pay even more rather than give it up. I forgot to mention the shine it adds. Not too much...perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Misha40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I'm on my second bottle. I have thick wavy hair, with a normal to oily scalp and dry ends (from highlighting). My hair stylist used it one day before a blowout, and I loved the sheen and softness. Some days I work it through and let my hair air dry. Other days I comb it through and braid my hair while it's wet, and the next day I have soft, frizz-free waves. The key is not using too much initially and then spot applying where needed. I usually race to rinse my hands off after applying product, but I just rub this into my hands and cuticles and go.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by katharinesophia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product because I had heard girls with similar hair to mine RAVE about this stuff. I have a lot of fine straight hair so I have to walk a fine line between controlling fly aways and not weighing my hair down. I applied a very small (pea size) amount to my damp hair and let it air dry, then used a straight iron. And I've got to tell you my hair looked and felt FABULOUS. I was ready to bow down to the hair product gods and forsake all my other products. Silk Therapy? Meh.... CHI Silk Infusion? Not impressed.... And then, the breakouts started. Big zits along my hair line, forehead and all over my chest and back. Basically any place my hair touched my face or body. Now, I know this product is silicone based, but I use silicone based makeup primers and have NEVER had a problem. So, I discontinued use, let my skin clear, and then used it again hoping it had been a fluke. Nope! Breakout city!! So, I don't know what it is in this that makes my skin virtually explode, but I am mourning the loss of my fabulous hair and a bottle of product that I spent $35 on that is totally useless to me now. So so sad. 5 lippies for the hair, 1 lippie for making me breakout like a 16 year old in the throws of a hormonal imbalance.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Smallonion

Someone bought this for me and I really wanted to like it. When I got it, I looked at the ingredients. All they are is the same old silicone stuff that is in Frizz-Ease and every other serum out there. The first 3 ingredients are: cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, and cyclomethicone. Check all the serums you have - they all have these ingredients for the first 3. What is different about Morroccanoil? Nothing. Ok...Argan oil is the 4th ingredient. Big deal. It feels the same in my hair as every other serum

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by prittybritty

I am on my third bottle of this and loving it! I have very fine hair and this prevents my hair from getting tangled and allows me to comb it WET. It does not weigh down my hair and my hands are so soft after using it in the morning. I use approximately a quarter size amount which is perfect for my fine but long hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My hair: Curly, lots and lots of it, medium length in a slanted bob, dark brown, normally very healthy but recently badly tortured with straightener and colour.

I really ordered this just out of curiosity - so much hype, very expensive, rave MUA reviews. Well, 3 weeks in and I am hooked. This product helps my hair so much that it immediately became one of the 'desert island' things.

√ I use Phytorhum shampoo and Kiehl's Olive Oil conditioner to wash.

√ I apply a good dollop of Kerastase Ciment Thermique on towel-dried hair. Then I apply a generous amount of Moroccan Oil all over my hair. My hair just laps it up and it never feels greasy.

I first air-dry completely, then blowdry and straighten my hair and I see that it protects my hair from the heat and keeps the style perfectly frizz-free and shiny until the next wash. I use my ghd every day to keep the shape and apply a very small amount of MO after that.

Alternatively, I only put Ciment and Nectar Thermique on damp hair, blow dry and then apply Moroccan Oil before straightening. Either way works perfectly.

Moroccan Oil is more silicones than actual Argan Oil, which is only a teeny weeny amount in the product. However the quality of the formulation makes it hands down the best silicone-based haircare I've ever used.

About the packaging though, I think they could consider a precision nozzle or pump applicator rather than the ugly and unstable black screw-top. I really think it's over-priced and poorly packaged but what's inside is great.

UPDATE 01/10/2010: I really went off using it on a regular basis. I realized it dries the hair and causes build-up. However, it is a great protective before colouring, both applied directly to the hair and added to the colour mix. I avoid using it otherwise, though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been hearing so many raves for this I bought a small bottle at my salon to test it out, and it didn't disappoint. I have very long fine hair (lots of it so it looks thick, but it's still fine-textured) and I use a tiny bit of this oil on the ends after washing, then blow-dry. My hair turns out so smooth and shiny and isn't weighed down at all. Plus it smells great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MsTapp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

About my hair: Naturally curly, medium length, gray with brown highlights. It is very dry, as is the case with most curly hair.

I have bought into a lot of hype from a lot of different products. I have wasted money on products that came with big promises and wound up throwing out the product. Every now and then I found something that helped make my hair look good, but not all that often. I have a very sensitive scalp and many of the products I tried broke out my scalp and had to be tossed.

In this huge pile of products I've tried, nothing begins to compare to the fantastic results I'm experiencing with MoroccanOil. I've been using it daily for about 10 days now and my hair is unbelievable. It is soft, shiny, curling nicely, but not frizzy. I can feel the difference even when I'm washing it. My hair feels great - like hair is supposed to feel. It's not dry or too oily. My scalp would have broken out by now if it was going to have a reaction.

I apply MoroccanOil to my hair when damp. I often apply it again later in the day, just to give it a boost. On top of everything else, MoroccanOil smells great.

UPDATE: I recently went back to a no-poo routine, so I had to give up everything with cones, including my beloved MoroccanOil. It got me through the summer without ever having brillo pad hair and I miss the wonderful smell. It is a great product, but not if you want to go the Curly Girl route.