April 21, 2014 | 1425 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very nice product. Not life changing but it is good. I like to make my own combination though because I hate to smear my hands with this oil and then put my greasy hands on my acne prone face when I do my makeup. I pour equal parts water/morrocan oil in a mini sprayer (probably a 3 ounce bottle)- I shake it up and spray about 5 sprays all over my head (mixing it with water also helps my hair not look too greasy)This gives me nice smooth hair results! The three ounces of water/argon lasts over a month so I'm not even half way through the bottle. Worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by SayidtheAnkleAssassin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love moroccanoil! I use it on wet hair, usually followed by Sebastian Potion 9, and then I either air dry or blow dry straight. After blowdrying I follow up with another dab of moroccanoil as a finisher/defrizzer. The smell is eh. Not exactly my favorite but it doesn't linger, and it actually compliments my Bond No. 9 West Side pretty well.

I transfer an ounce at a time into a small flip-top bottle for easier dispersal. A dropper bottle or airless pump would also work well, but I like to be able to do things one-handed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by oncegrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I had a chance to buy this at a discount and curiosity got the better of me since I'd heard so many good reviews. That said, I would buy it again at full price. My hair is thick, heavy, mixed texture (half straight, half wavy) and prone to mushroom to galactic proportions in humidity. I apply this right after towel drying (about a flat nickel size portion for my shoulder length hair) and invariably my hair ends up super-soft and tamed - it makes it "flatter" and more fluid if you will, without any heaviness or feeling of build-up. The smell is not my taste personally (kind of like amber/very strong baby powder), but it seems to dissipate as my hair dries. I've tried other frizz busters in the past to deal with my big ol' hair (all the usual suspects at the drugstore, as well as Living Proof), but this is truly the only product that did not leave my hair feeling coated, waxy or greasy. I use it about 3 times a week and it performs the same way, consistently. Wish it came in a pump for easier dispensing, but otherwise, I consider this one of my top beauty finds, ever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by kohout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

curly hair beware..this brand of moroccan oil is not 100% pure argan....
the first several ingredients BEFORE argan are all silicone based..all silicone does is prevent any moisture from entering the hairshaft...therefore ruining the greatest ingredient in the oil..the argan which is supposed to penetrate the hair and moisturize it.

argan oil in its natural state is amaaazing for any hair porosity or density..but silicone is bad for every hair type imaginable.,,,and not worth the 40 dollars. please don't waste your time with this... even with other comments who are saying it's wonderful...be kind to your hair..find 100% argon oil that is not a gimmick.
this brand of moroccan oil makes me extremely frustrated.

26 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tamara90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AMAZING!!!
i have the worssst type of hair imaginable.. frizzy like no other, an ugly mix between curly/wavy, tangled and extremely dry and damaged with split ends tht look damaged frm a mile away.
if this product worked on my hair then it has got to be something amazing!
due to the ugliness and unruliness of my hair i can only wear it down when it has been blowdried and straightened, but this product changed all that! thanks to this product i can leave it down and it lks wavy and soft! didnt make my hair shiny though.. but thats prob my hairs own fault!
OH and the smell is amazing!
very veryyyy recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by auburnlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product smooths my hair in a way that no other does, and makes it smell so pretty! I've received many compliments on both the scent and shine of my hair since I started to use it. I will definitely buy the bigger bottle, and cannot wait to try the mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a HG for me. The owner of my hair salon recommended to me. He used it once and I was hooked. It smells amazing; citrusy and fresh, but really natural. I have been using for at least a year now and it helps my hair survive the harsh winters of Canada with shine, tame frizz/fly aways. After shower, I usually rub a tiny amount of oil between my palms to warm it up. Then I would apply it on my damp hair focussing on the ends. I got what I paid for so I was extremely satisfied. I recommended it to my friends and they all loved it. I'm already on my second bottle and there is no reason not to repurchase Moroccan Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Pookie_Star

I didn't like this product when I first purchased it. After reading all the reviews, I first tried it by applying to damp hair before blow drying and ironing. Did absolutely nothing for me. It took me the same amount of time to dry my hair as if I didn't use the oil and I wasn't wowed after ironing my hair. I did like using it after my hair was dry and straight as it tamed the frizzies but I thought that this product was a little too expensive to be using it for that purpose.

So then I tried applying it to damp hair, scrunching and letting air dry. Holy cow, I was blown away! I had awesome waves. It literally looked like I just came from the beach. So now that I know how to use this product on my hair, I definitely have to give it a good rating.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2010 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Dina819

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am new to MakeupAlley and have to say I am so excited to find so many of the posts useful! Regarding MoroccanOil... I use this product occassioanly. My hair stylist used it on me once and I was hooked. She sold me on it because it helped speed up the drying time of my hair. I have very porous hair so it can take forever to dry. I use a little of this product and for whatever reason it cuts the drying time almost in half. The silkly feel that I'm left with is a bonus. The only problem I have is that I don't wash my hair very frequently... maybe 2 - 3 times a week, normally I don't have any problems with a greasy feel. After using this product I can't go too long between washes as it does start to feel a little greasy on me. But overall, I do like this product. My first product choice with similar benefet is by Redken (smoothdown)... I think it is great for protecting hair and adding shine. I switch to MoroccanOil when I want to dry quick...hmmm, what else... MoroccanOil is a little expensive but I do use it sparingly and not all the time so it lasts a long time.... hope some of this input helps a little... sorry for the ramble.. like I said, first timer here.. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Brunettegirl

I SO wanted to love this product but for me I would say it's average and I have since returned back to Aveda...I received the whole kit for Christmas from my dh....It contained the shampoo/conditioner/leave in treatment and the famous oil.....My hair is long, thick, coarse, and naturally wavy (not curly). I straighten it about 1-2 times per week and wash about 2 times per week based on my needs.....It certainly did help with my straightening process by weighing it down (it's not greasy though) like any straightner does, but not really any better than my beloved Aveda gloss drops and style prep..I actaully was expecting SOFT, silky hair and never really got that from it...I actually had to stop using it because the last time I went to visit my family they said my hair felt/looked way dryer than usual (I was using only Moroccan oil products at the time)...I am normally a fanatic about my hair and do all I can to keep it looking healthy and shiny...Out of the entire kit I'd say the oil was my favorite product, but for the price and overall average outcome I wont be buying it again...Didn't care for the screw top either...For me, there is better out there...Aveda, TIGI, Redken, Etc