July 31, 2014 | 1939 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MsTapp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

About my hair: Naturally curly, medium length, gray with brown highlights. It is very dry, as is the case with most curly hair.

I have bought into a lot of hype from a lot of different products. I have wasted money on products that came with big promises and wound up throwing out the product. Every now and then I found something that helped make my hair look good, but not all that often. I have a very sensitive scalp and many of the products I tried broke out my scalp and had to be tossed.

In this huge pile of products I've tried, nothing begins to compare to the fantastic results I'm experiencing with MoroccanOil. I've been using it daily for about 10 days now and my hair is unbelievable. It is soft, shiny, curling nicely, but not frizzy. I can feel the difference even when I'm washing it. My hair feels great - like hair is supposed to feel. It's not dry or too oily. My scalp would have broken out by now if it was going to have a reaction.

I apply MoroccanOil to my hair when damp. I often apply it again later in the day, just to give it a boost. On top of everything else, MoroccanOil smells great.

UPDATE: I recently went back to a no-poo routine, so I had to give up everything with cones, including my beloved MoroccanOil. It got me through the summer without ever having brillo pad hair and I miss the wonderful smell. It is a great product, but not if you want to go the Curly Girl route.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Semolina20

I think its too expensive for the amount, they are making such a profit from this product,

However it does smooth the hair and the scent is nice. A good basic product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very nice product. Not life changing but it is good. I like to make my own combination though because I hate to smear my hands with this oil and then put my greasy hands on my acne prone face when I do my makeup. I pour equal parts water/morrocan oil in a mini sprayer (probably a 3 ounce bottle)- I shake it up and spray about 5 sprays all over my head (mixing it with water also helps my hair not look too greasy)This gives me nice smooth hair results! The three ounces of water/argon lasts over a month so I'm not even half way through the bottle. Worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 7:33:00 PM More reviews by SayidtheAnkleAssassin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love moroccanoil! I use it on wet hair, usually followed by Sebastian Potion 9, and then I either air dry or blow dry straight. After blowdrying I follow up with another dab of moroccanoil as a finisher/defrizzer. The smell is eh. Not exactly my favorite but it doesn't linger, and it actually compliments my Bond No. 9 West Side pretty well.

I transfer an ounce at a time into a small flip-top bottle for easier dispersal. A dropper bottle or airless pump would also work well, but I like to be able to do things one-handed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by oncegrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I had a chance to buy this at a discount and curiosity got the better of me since I'd heard so many good reviews. That said, I would buy it again at full price. My hair is thick, heavy, mixed texture (half straight, half wavy) and prone to mushroom to galactic proportions in humidity. I apply this right after towel drying (about a flat nickel size portion for my shoulder length hair) and invariably my hair ends up super-soft and tamed - it makes it "flatter" and more fluid if you will, without any heaviness or feeling of build-up. The smell is not my taste personally (kind of like amber/very strong baby powder), but it seems to dissipate as my hair dries. I've tried other frizz busters in the past to deal with my big ol' hair (all the usual suspects at the drugstore, as well as Living Proof), but this is truly the only product that did not leave my hair feeling coated, waxy or greasy. I use it about 3 times a week and it performs the same way, consistently. Wish it came in a pump for easier dispensing, but otherwise, I consider this one of my top beauty finds, ever.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by kohout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

curly hair beware..this brand of moroccan oil is not 100% pure argan....
the first several ingredients BEFORE argan are all silicone based..all silicone does is prevent any moisture from entering the hairshaft...therefore ruining the greatest ingredient in the oil..the argan which is supposed to penetrate the hair and moisturize it.

argan oil in its natural state is amaaazing for any hair porosity or density..but silicone is bad for every hair type imaginable.,,,and not worth the 40 dollars. please don't waste your time with this... even with other comments who are saying it's wonderful...be kind to your hair..find 100% argon oil that is not a gimmick.
this brand of moroccan oil makes me extremely frustrated.

26 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tamara90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AMAZING!!!
i have the worssst type of hair imaginable.. frizzy like no other, an ugly mix between curly/wavy, tangled and extremely dry and damaged with split ends tht look damaged frm a mile away.
if this product worked on my hair then it has got to be something amazing!
due to the ugliness and unruliness of my hair i can only wear it down when it has been blowdried and straightened, but this product changed all that! thanks to this product i can leave it down and it lks wavy and soft! didnt make my hair shiny though.. but thats prob my hairs own fault!
OH and the smell is amazing!
very veryyyy recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 11:15:00 PM More reviews by auburnlady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product smooths my hair in a way that no other does, and makes it smell so pretty! I've received many compliments on both the scent and shine of my hair since I started to use it. I will definitely buy the bigger bottle, and cannot wait to try the mask.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Centro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a HG for me. The owner of my hair salon recommended to me. He used it once and I was hooked. It smells amazing; citrusy and fresh, but really natural. I have been using for at least a year now and it helps my hair survive the harsh winters of Canada with shine, tame frizz/fly aways. After shower, I usually rub a tiny amount of oil between my palms to warm it up. Then I would apply it on my damp hair focussing on the ends. I got what I paid for so I was extremely satisfied. I recommended it to my friends and they all loved it. I'm already on my second bottle and there is no reason not to repurchase Moroccan Oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Pookie_Star

I didn't like this product when I first purchased it. After reading all the reviews, I first tried it by applying to damp hair before blow drying and ironing. Did absolutely nothing for me. It took me the same amount of time to dry my hair as if I didn't use the oil and I wasn't wowed after ironing my hair. I did like using it after my hair was dry and straight as it tamed the frizzies but I thought that this product was a little too expensive to be using it for that purpose.

So then I tried applying it to damp hair, scrunching and letting air dry. Holy cow, I was blown away! I had awesome waves. It literally looked like I just came from the beach. So now that I know how to use this product on my hair, I definitely have to give it a good rating.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No