December 20, 2014 | 1678 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2005 5:58:00 AM More reviews by gorgeousgirlie

I LOVE! LOVE!! LOVE!!! this product! It actually does what it is supposed to do, and all at a reasonable price! I was considering buying Benefit's F.Y.eye but held out until I could find this- and it was being sold for half the price of the benefit primer.
I have the oiliest eyelids ever and I have a problem getting eyeshadows to stick and show up with the same intensity they do in the pot, and this product is perfect for doing that.
I can't recommend it enough, the only thing I can be picky about is the packaging, but its not that much of a problem for me- oh and the fact that this product is so hard to find! It was sold out everywhere I tried! They should stock it much more in shops!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 7:18:00 PM More reviews by wongy74

Best primer I have ever tried, hands down. Never, ever creases. MAC Paints also work for me but occasionally, it will crease. It is difficult to blend well with the primer, but I've learned to use neutral e/s over the primer so that it will be easier for me to blend the darker or colored e/s.

I haven't had any problems with applying it evenly. I just take the wand and make a swipe over each eye and smooth it onto my lids. Works like a charm! =) continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2005 9:44:00 PM More reviews by JulianaTX

I won't buy this primer again because it is impossible to blend shadow when using this. Also, it is difficult to spread in an even layer, so shadow tends to "gunk up" on the areas where there is more primer. It does make shadow last longer, but if you make a mistake when applying or can't blend, that's not really a good thing. I won't repurchase. Think I'll try the MAC Paints next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2005 2:02:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Primer Potion is definitely a star product of Urban Decay other than their eyeshadows. This is the perfect mattifier for eyelids and serves as a great base for eyeshadows. Not only does this control the lasting power of eyeshadows, this also helps brings out the true vibrancy of any eyeshadow. I got one for myself and had to get one for my sis who always has problem with oily lids. This is a must-have for every MU lover so grab this while you can as the stocks are always running low :) A tip before i finish off, the primer potion achieves the best results when you pat it on your lids with fingers instead of smearing it. The wand is pretty useless imho but is only good for getting more of the product out of the tube. I have realised that if foundation, concealor or any primer happens to touch this product on your face, it will create a mess so the best way out is to apply this before foundation. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2005 4:41:00 PM More reviews by teenbear

Isn't it great when a product actually does what it claims to? I have the oiliest lids - shadow is gone within an hour most days. Thanks to this it stays on all blimmin' day! I have tried virtually every other eye-primer out there and nothing comes close to UDPP. However, as other reviewers have noted, it does make shadows a little harder to blend than normal, and it is expensive (as well as being totally unavailable in New Zealand). Funky but impractical packaging too. Please, some other cosmetic company, make a cheap, knock-off version of this in a pot and you will make a fortune!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2005 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Pomlvr

This primer works well for keeping eyeshadow and liner on my lids all day, but I don't like how the eyeshadow looks over this. It made my lids look crepey and the eyeshadow seems darker and very unblendable. Also, the packaing is cute but not very practical. It's hard to tell how much is left in the little bottle. Perhaps they should make this see-thru?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2005 2:17:00 PM More reviews by prettyangel

Ok i will be the minority here and say that i will not repurchase this item again. It is a very good base i must admit since you shadows will last ALL day with relatively no creasing whatsoever. The problem is that it makes my e/s incredibly hard to blend! Especially for my looks when blending is the key. Im not sure what it is about the product that does this. I have even tried using MAC prep prime eye underneath and it helps it out just a teenie bit. I didnt give it a low score since the product itself does what it is suppose to. I think i will just stick to my MAC paints or Lancome Colour doses.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2005 2:06:00 AM More reviews by hwyngurl2003

It took me awhile to get my hands on this product due to the fact that it's always sold out. BUT I got it and it really is a miracle product, lol. I usually have a problem w/creasing & eyeliner smudges but the primer did exactly what it said on the box. No creases and much more vibrant color all day. I even used my Milani black eyeliner (which made horrible smudges all over my lid once) w/the primer & it stayed put throughout my work day. I did take one lipstick off for the packaging. Really cute but if you put too much on your lid due to the brush, it will make your e/s look cakey instead of cute. A little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by aznsmurfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

woo hoo After all the raves I was finally fourtunate enough to find some at my local Sephora. *phew* haha :) I tried it on and MAN! It is GOOD stuff!! I took out the little white thing so I could use more of it but since I don't have much of a crease I dab a little onto the bottom of a pyrex dish and use a Taklon concealer brush to brush it on like I would paints. Man, I cannot believe how much it anchors my e/s!! I was having some problems with fading and pigments just leaving me 10 mins after I applied but it's been 3 hours and nothing has moved. The only bad thing is if you blend badly (like I do) then it can look a bit funny and hard to correct, but that is really my fault not the wonderful Potion Primers. :) I can't wait to use this on my undereye too!! Bwahaha no more racoon eyes without a purpose! wata! :)

*edit* ehhh Not so great. I prefer a base that doens't make eyeshadows SO HARD to blend. I found that the Laura Mercier Eye Base is head and shoulders better than the UDPP. :) A littler pricier, but worth it imo. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by leessuuhh

Even though this Primer Potion is a regular product to the Urban Decay cosmetics line, this stuff is pretty hard to find! It's only sold in Sephora stores, and of course at Urban Decay counters and website, but it's normally sold out. I finally was able to get a hold of this stuff and I can definately see why it is in such high demand.

Today was my first day using it, and right off the bat, I loved the creamy texture and packaging compared to MAC paints. I waited for a little bit for it to dry as most users have stated then applied my daily neutral eyeshadows (MAC Naked Lunch, Era & Deckchair Pigment). It made the colors bolder and brought out the potential of color in these plain neutral shades that I had never seen before.

After an entire day there was still no creasing and it looked just as fresh as when I applied my eye makeup this morning. I think I applied a bit too much on my left eye because it made the texture of my eyeshadows on my lid wrinkly, but my right eye looked completely smooth & fabulous, so I guess you only really need a tiny bit of this to do it's magic, which is always a good thing. Nevertheless, this stuff is wonderful, and I will definately be repurchasing it, that is if I can get ahold of it again of course ;D continued >>