December 18, 2014 | 1551 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2005 5:10:00 PM More reviews by nickel1702

i couldn't find this stuff anywhere so i had to buy it on e-bay. i am so happy i did. i work at the hospital and am running around all day. this stuff is great. i have such oily skin and and eyelids, that i never thought anything would work. it's a miracle! today was my first time using, so i will update soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2005 2:36:00 PM More reviews by bibadoa

I have gone my whole life (nearly 25 years now!) not wearing eyeshadow as it creases IMMEDIATELY on me. No matter what type I buy or how much I spend it does not stay on on my greasy lids. Well this product has changed my life (and that is not an understatement!!). After wiping this over my eyelids every single eyeshadow stays put for ever!!!!! Seriously I fell asleep with eyeshadow on and woke up with it still looking fantastic with not a crease to be seen. My only slight complaint is that it has such good staying power that it can be quite tricky to get a nice even colour with some eyeshadows but hey who am I to compain with such a revolutionary product! Thank you Urban Decay I am forever in your debt!!!! Love the genie looking bottle too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2005 5:12:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG, this eyeshadow base is INCREDIBLE!!! Now, I have oily, very crease-prone eyes and I've tried lots of primers but none came close to UD PP! Zero, zippo, zilcho creasing, preps the eyelids for a smooth, even e/s application, and keeps the e/s shade color-true ALL_DAY_LONG!

Just apply a thin layer to clean, bare lids--it's a sheer, nude shade that evens out the eyelid area a tiny bit. I then personally press in some loose powder over it, but I don't know if this step is neccessary...I do this to further even out the color on my eyelids. Then I just apply my e/s as usual. I love the cute, jeannie bottle-style packaging with sponge applicator. If I could give this product 10 lippies I would! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2005 10:46:00 PM More reviews by r0ck3tsh1p

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff even though I've only used it twice. The first day I used it, I put it on at 7:30am, went to work and then to a party later that night. I came home and my eyeshadow looked like i had just put it on. Primer potion rocks. EDIT: My HG primer for life. If they ever discontinue this i think MUA will probably riot in the streets!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by idgebrit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so pleased with this product. It keeps my eyeshadows bright and vivid all day long. It's the perfect base for MAC pigments. I love the creamy texture as you put it on and it dries perfectly matte. My only problem with this product is the packaging. You can never tell how much product is left!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2005 5:14:00 PM More reviews by LunaY

Ok, this is one of those things I really wanted to hate, since it's so impossible to find. I managed to get one off the UD website, since I have tried many a thing on my oh-so-oily lids (seriously, after a few hours, it looks like I have gloss on my lids), plus I live in Florida, so the humidity doesn't help either. I hate to say it, but this product is amazing. My eyeshadow looks exactly the same as it did when I put it on. I didn't have any of the blending problems other people mentioned, either. It just takes a teeny swipe and your lids are ready. I just powder my lids, use some of this, and my eye makeup lasts! UD, please make this more readily available (and change the packaging!).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2005 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

Wow. That's really all I can say. I have the oilest lids ever. I have tried 3 or 4 different e/s bases (not Primer Potion until the last couple of days, because it was always out of stock!). The best thing that worked for me was concealer under powder with a Frostlite Fluidline as a base. And my e/s might last 4 hours. If I don't use anything, I get creasing within the hour.

Honestly, I don't know why this doesn't have a perfect score. I put Primer Potion on this morning at 11, let it dry for a minute, applied e/s over it and now, at 10pm after going to the gym AND showering, my e/s looks perfect. I cannot believe it. Now I have this overwhelming urge to buy every bottle I can find. But that wouldn't be fair to everyone else, so I won't. :) But I will absolutely repurchase when I am finished with this tube. A++++++++++

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Missmilli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always had a problem with eyeshadow fading on me as the day goes on. I recently began using this Primer Potion and what a difference! I wear mineral makeup and after putting on a very light coat of the primer, I dust a light layer of my mineral concealer shade over my lids. Any shadow I put on after these steps looks true-to-color and stays forever. I got carried away and bought quite a few of these when they came back in to stock at Urban Decay. I just don't want to run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alyria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have skin that gets EXTREMELY oily throughout the day, resulting in my eyeshadow melting off within hours of application. I've tried other primers/bases such as Benefit's F.Y. Eye and MAC's Paints but this one has BY FAR THE BEST staying power. And that's saying a lot for me! It dries quickly and provides a nice thin base, so eyeshadow doesn't cake and it also intensifies the colour. I would prefer a squeeze tube since I don't actually use the wand to apply the product directly onto my eye. I dab the wand on my fingers and then use my fingers to apply it. Even though my oily eyelids win the battle by the end of the day (after about 8 - 10 hours of wear), this has excellent staying power and is definately better than anything else I've tried!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2005 5:58:00 AM More reviews by gorgeousgirlie

I LOVE! LOVE!! LOVE!!! this product! It actually does what it is supposed to do, and all at a reasonable price! I was considering buying Benefit's F.Y.eye but held out until I could find this- and it was being sold for half the price of the benefit primer.
I have the oiliest eyelids ever and I have a problem getting eyeshadows to stick and show up with the same intensity they do in the pot, and this product is perfect for doing that.
I can't recommend it enough, the only thing I can be picky about is the packaging, but its not that much of a problem for me- oh and the fact that this product is so hard to find! It was sold out everywhere I tried! They should stock it much more in shops!!