Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/29/2006 6:08:00 PM

I just bought this potion last week for the first time after becoming so frustrated that my eye make-up will disappear after 2 hours. This item is a MUST HAVE! I put on my eye make-up last night and was pleasantly happy that when I got home 7 hours later my eye make-up looked exactly as it did when I applied it. Not only that, but after having too much to drink last night I slept in my make-up... guess what was still there when I woke up- eye make-up. Not only did that amaze me but I then headed out for a nice long 7 mile run and the make-up was STILL THERE! This stuff is amazing.

on 4/29/2006 7:46:00 AM

Really helps the makeup stay on but if you're over 40, watch out -- can make your eyes look way older and your eyelids look very wrinkled. (Strange but true.) Anyone have suggestions for how to avoid this effect?

on 4/27/2006 9:54:00 PM

Absolutely great product - I won't take time describing all the awesome things everyone else has described! What I will add is that this is also awesome as a lip primer! I pat it on before putting on lipliner or lipstick, and I feel it really helps the color show through more true and stays on longer. Hope that helps someone!

on 4/27/2006 7:30:00 PM

HG HG HG ! Omg I love this product! The packaging sucks but the product inside is heaven! It's my absolute HG for eyeshadow primers. It keeps my eyes from creasing and keeps my eyeshadow on ALL day. It does make it a bit harder to blend eyeshadow colors on the eye but it's nothing a bit more of blending can't fix.

on 4/26/2006 9:25:00 PM

I am 37 and have never been able to wear eye shadow because it creases in about 30 seconds. I read the reviews on this site, tried UB Primer Potion and found it to be as amazing as everyone says. Not to mention, the color is more intense, extending the life of your shadow. I am thrilled to be able to wear eye shadow!!

on 4/25/2006 8:28:00 PM

This stuff is great! Never comes off (unless you use an oily makeup remover). I put some shadow on top of the primer potion on my hand, and the shadow lasted 4 hand washings. Okay, it did fade, but still, that's just incredible staying power.

on 4/24/2006 8:41:00 PM

I purchased this because I detest re-touching my eye m/u. I'm impressed. My eye shadow has not budged the whole day! No creasing, doesn't discolor eye shadow and it didn't irritate my eyes either. The only negative would be blending is a little bit harder, but I'm managing well. No problems with cleansing.

on 4/23/2006 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

After reading some of the reviews here, I decided to buy the product. It's absolutely amazing for my oily lids! Not only did it make the eyeshadows appear more vibrant, but they lasted all day without any creasing! No more eyeshadow meltdowns for me - this is a staple in my bag now.
Update (07/2012): The product stopped working for me as it kept applying unevenly. I have since turned to my new HG - NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base.

on 4/23/2006 12:18:00 AM

After hearing rave reviews about this primer, I decided to try it. I love it! It seriously works. Whenever I wear it, I don't have to worry about my eye makeup creasing or fading. I even use it on my eyelashes and lips! A little goes a long way.

on 4/21/2006 5:00:00 PM

After trying L'Oreal De-Crease and Studio Works Shadow Primer, I have decided that this is THE BEST eyeshadow primer by far. I have oily lids that seem to crease eyeshadow after only 4 hours, but not with this baby on! Even my BE glimmers and shadows last longer. Love it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials