Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/29/2006 12:35:00 AM

I only recently began wearing eyeshadows again (having gotten a little addicted to the pretty shimmery MAC pigments) but then remembered why I stopped wearing shadows many years ago: they always creased on my oily lids. I recently tried Revlon concealer as a base - still a lot of creasing. Then I tried MAC paint (Stilife) - shadow stayed on longer, but still creased after several hours. Then I read reviews of UDPP and will search no further. THis product rocks! I put it to the test today. I was dubious at first, since it went on quite sheer (not thick like MAC paint). I then layered MaC e/s, pigment, then fluidline and set off for our trip to hot and humid Orlando, Fl. I think I checked my e/s every hour!! Who-hoo, no creasing! Fast forward 13 hrs later, a tiny bit of creasing on one eye, but overall, makeup still looks fresh and smooth. Absolutely amazing. I've been converted. You ladies rock -thanks so much! PS. Also wore Luminous blush from Milani (purchased based on reviews too) and the beautiful color lasted as long as my eyeshadow (blush worn over light coating of foundation & powder). I love this site :)

on 5/28/2006 3:51:00 PM

The package is cute but its kind of stupid for how the product should be dispensed..that being said this stuff works like a miracle! I just tab a dab to each eyelid and use my fingers to rub it in. It def. increases staying power, it does make shadows show up with more vibrancy for me, and it eliminates those nasty creases. This is one of the best products of all time! The price isn't bad either considering a little goes a long way!

I absolutely love love love this. My eyeshadows seriously don't budge when I wear this. I have actually slept through several nights, gotten up the next day and my eyeshadows and eyeliner looked THE EXACT same as they did the day before. I know, hard to believe but this stuff is phenominal. BTW, when you are starting to scrape the bottom of the bottle, remove the little plastic piece inside the bottle where it screws on the lid; you'll find tons more product.

on 5/28/2006 6:53:00 AM

This is by far the best eyeshadow base I've tried. I have used Ultima II FNCN, and MAC Paints, but nothing compares to the colour pay off, non-creasing power and ease to use of the Urban Decay Primer Potion.

I just dot a dab on each lid and blend. Then put my shadow straight over the top. Lasts with no creasing for at least 9 hours!! I'd never thought that was possible before I found this. Holy grail!!!!

I cannot believe how much I love this product. I will repurchase again and again, but one tube has lasted me 4 months, and appears to be going strong.

on 5/27/2006 10:50:00 PM

Thanks to all the ladies who recommended this on the Laura Mercier Eye Basics reviews....this product is so much better (and cheaper) than LM. What i like best? i does NOT crease and really holds my eye shadow on great....and it doesnt' look like i swept a white watercolor paint across my eyelid. note: sephora always seems to be out of this, so if you see and want to try it, i would grab it while it's in stock!

on 5/24/2006 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've bought this twice. I love how it makes my eyeshadows (high and low end) stay on all day. I just take a small bit and blend it well on my eyes. If you put too much, it can cake. I apply it over moisturized skin. Works great. Love it.

on 5/23/2006 8:28:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING! Wow! Finally an eye primer that does exactly what it says it is going to do. I have a hard time getting eye shadow to show up on my skin but with this, the color shows up perfectly and stays on all day without creasing! I will DEFINITELY be re-buying this when I run out!

on 5/23/2006 6:26:00 PM

I had previously tried and didn't like UD Primer Potion and promply swapped it away without hesitation because (1) I wasn't using it correctly (2) I was previously using MAC Studio Fix, used a light powdering of it under my shadesticks (HG colored bases) (3) I was too cheap and at the time, very much a MAC snob. When I started using a new foundation (PX Virtual Skin) last summer, I realized that in the Texas heat and humidity I NEEDED something to prevent my shadows from creasing now more than ever and decided to give the primer a go around again. I am so glad that I'm not stubborn and that I am no longer a brand snob or I would have missed out on this gem. I apply my makeup every morning between 7:10 and 7:40 and it lasts with no creasing or faded up until I remove it at 6, 7, even 9 at night sometimes. I'm a convert. This is my HG shadow base...and it doesn't even require a second base to stay as vibrant either. I have applied shadows directly after the primer and the end effect is the same. The trick being to apply a thin layer of primer and smooth it out with your finger and allow to dry before applying the shadow. LOVE it! Of course I would buy it again and again and again! :D I already have backups out the yin-yang because Sephora and Ulta can't seem to keep it in stock. continued >>

on 5/23/2006 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE. LOVE .LOVE! I have oily eyelids and this product is the only one that worked for me. My eye shadow did not fade, crease or wear off ALL DAY. I even fell asleep with my eye makeup on once and was surprised to see that the next morning my eye shadow looked as fresh as it did the day before. Just make sure you blend it past the area where you usually end your eye shadow application or else you will see a "line of demarcation." Truly an amazing product. At $14 USD, it is a great bargain (compared to the $20 USD for a teeny tiny jar of BeneFit's F.Y.Eye that doesn't work).

on 5/23/2006 9:22:00 AM

Sorry to ruin the ratings, but I really don't care for this. Yes, it works, but it burned the skin off my eyelids! This completely unsafe for sensitive skin. My eyeshadow clumped and balled up and got nasty, and you have to be really careful not to get it anywhere near your eyelashes, because it's hard to get off and makes your mascara go on gross. It was totally obvious where I had applied this gross stuff under my eyeshadow despite how thinly I tried to apply it. Yet another overrated dud from MUA!

Video Reviews & Tutorials