September 1, 2014 | 1907 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by rockinpearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product will be in my makeup bag FOREVER!!! I have extremely oily skin & had given up on wearing eyeshadow coz no mater what I did it jut melted & creased. Thanks to MUA I got this & it is amazing! My eyemakeup stays on, blends & looks really good. I was at a party last night & even though my face got all oily (thanks to the wrong foundation that I used) my eye makeup was perfect & in place. I put it on at 7pm & it was still on at 3am!!! I would suggest everyone to have this in their makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What is IN this stuff? I just tried it out this morning and although it looked like nothing on my lids, I needed much less eyeshadow to get the color I wanted and everything blended so effortlessly! It's evening now and there's no fading or creasing, and no flakies, and I'm wearing an unfortunately flake-prone shadow (Tarte, if you must know). This may well make some of my lower quality eyeshadows wearable. I'll probably update this review after more experience with the product, but so far, I'm impressed! Ok, updating after a few days: in addition to making shadows easier to apply, it seems to forestall fading sucessfully, but it's not a cure for flaky eyeshadow, nor does it prevent the falling glitter effect. Sigh. My expectations were SO high. Also, I did a little experiment and tried using this in lieu of concealer at the corners of my eyes, and well, it's not concealer. It actually made my foundation go on heavier, lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2005 11:15:00 AM More reviews by umwife11

If you've ever looked at your face in the mirror at 5 p.m. and asked where the heck your eyeshadow went...this is something to get your little paws on! Absolutely amazing stuff. I have always had the problem of my eyeshadow disappearing and have tried a couple of primers in my search to find something to make it stop--Benefit Lemon Aid and a GA concealer commonly used as a primer--both were okay, neither comes close to this. It takes a little bit to just apply on the eyelid, then blend...you wait for it to dry, put on that eyeshadow and bam...beautiful eyes the rest of the day. An absolute MUST in any woman's makeup kit...I NEVER would have tried this if it weren't for MUA, but I'm so glad you guys are always right :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2005 10:11:00 AM More reviews by j_jacques79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in the VAST minority here, but thought I would offer my opinion anyway. UD PP works exactly as it states, however, for those ladies (and gentlemen) out there that prefer a sheer wash of color, that can be built up with layers, this is probably not for you. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but basically PP make my e/s go on as if it was a paint slick. BOLD, OPAQUE, and looking exactly as the e/s did in the pan. I know some people probably really love that they can get a true color with this, but I use e/s more to give a sheer wash, or reflective tint to my eye area, and could not use this. Back to Sephora it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2005 12:11:00 PM More reviews by warriorofice

Whee! I love this stuff. I have EXTREMELY oily lids and eye makeup never stood a chance on them (had to reapply literally every hour) before I crossed paths with the Primer Potion. The packaging is cute but not very functional, neither is the doefoot sponge it comes on, but honestly, who really cares?! This stuff is amazing. It enhances the colour of the shadow and it stays put for FOREVER. It also doubles as a concealer on my entire eye area, which is completely transparent and you can see the veins underneath without it. LOVE IT! Urban Decay is definetly one of my favourites!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2005 7:07:00 PM More reviews by yangerz

Love this. I was surprised that something this smooth and soft would be able to keep my e/s on. Though it only lasts about 6 hrs, that's still a lot considering how oily my eyelids are. The inner eye creases after 1-2 hrs, but it is still the best base for e/s I have found so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2005 12:24:00 PM More reviews by lizzyd220

I had such high hopes buying this at Sephora about three weeks ago. I use mineral eye shadow so I have a problem with fading and sometimes creasing. This product works perfect on my friend but not so impressive one me. Perhaps I have overly moisturized eyelids and I need something stronger. This definitley helped and I am better with this than nothing at all, but there has got to be better out there. It looks fabulous through the morning and about half way through the afternoon. By 2:00, however, I have a big old ugly crease on each eye, and the color has dramatically faded. Works for most, but not for me. I'm going to try Lumene's next, as soon as I can get to somewhere that sells it. UPDATE: have since found that MAC paint in Bare Canvas is amazing! No creasing, gorgeous everyday shimmer that lasts!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ladies--throw away your FYEye and buy this NOW! I've been using FYEye for more than 10 years and lately have found that it's just not working any more--I have creasing by midday, even after powdering before I apply shadow. I picked up Primer Potion at Sephora and will never look back. This has a wand applicator (no fingers in the jar), is a lighter, neutral color (I have dark lids), and blends on beautifully. After an 8-city-block walk at the beginning and end of the day in 90+ degree heat, my shadow still looked perfect. Amazing! I'm going to apply a bit beneath my eye at the outer corners to avoid the tiny bit of mascara smudge I get by the end of the day. Thanks MUA reviewers for the raves on this product! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2005 1:27:00 AM More reviews by miracle467

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This Stuff WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! I've never had a product that works exactly like it's suppose to. my eyeshadow stays on forever!!!!! and the color looks much better. Don't use too much, like concealer, but put it on with the wand and make sure u smear it to wherever u want ur eyeshadow to stay, rub it with the wand until its clear into ur skin, i think if u put on too much than it obviously will not work. This is the GREATEST!!!! I strongly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2005 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Lo_li_ta

Like others, I bought this stuff off Sephora (Urban decay isnt available in Canada) based on the raves on MUA alone. And, like everybody else, I'm going to rave about it. Ive already bought a back up - I love this stuff too much to ever live without it. Anyways...I dont have particularly oily lids, but by the end of a normal school day my e/s is faded and a bit creasy. However, I currently work at an auto parts store - my job consists of picking and putting away stock in our giant sauna of a warehouse, and jumping in and out of our meltingly hot delivery cars all day. Needless to say, e/s doesnt stand a chance and Ive spent most of my summer eye-makeupless and unhappy. Like a shining genie bottle shaped beacon of hope Primer potion came into my life and saved my unhappy lids! Now I can wear pigments as well as my softest eyeshadows without any creasing whatsoever. Honestly, I'm amazed at how great this stuff is. Even my female co-workers noticed how suddenly I was wearing eyeshadow and it was perfect, resulting in many a referal. The texture is great, the color is perfect, but the packaging is lacking - not enough so to forgo the product though. In summary - Best. Product. Ever.