October 30, 2014 | 1720 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2005 2:06:00 AM More reviews by hwyngurl2003

It took me awhile to get my hands on this product due to the fact that it's always sold out. BUT I got it and it really is a miracle product, lol. I usually have a problem w/creasing & eyeliner smudges but the primer did exactly what it said on the box. No creases and much more vibrant color all day. I even used my Milani black eyeliner (which made horrible smudges all over my lid once) w/the primer & it stayed put throughout my work day. I did take one lipstick off for the packaging. Really cute but if you put too much on your lid due to the brush, it will make your e/s look cakey instead of cute. A little goes a long way.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2005 1:06:00 AM More reviews by aznsmurfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

woo hoo After all the raves I was finally fourtunate enough to find some at my local Sephora. *phew* haha :) I tried it on and MAN! It is GOOD stuff!! I took out the little white thing so I could use more of it but since I don't have much of a crease I dab a little onto the bottom of a pyrex dish and use a Taklon concealer brush to brush it on like I would paints. Man, I cannot believe how much it anchors my e/s!! I was having some problems with fading and pigments just leaving me 10 mins after I applied but it's been 3 hours and nothing has moved. The only bad thing is if you blend badly (like I do) then it can look a bit funny and hard to correct, but that is really my fault not the wonderful Potion Primers. :) I can't wait to use this on my undereye too!! Bwahaha no more racoon eyes without a purpose! wata! :)

*edit* ehhh Not so great. I prefer a base that doens't make eyeshadows SO HARD to blend. I found that the Laura Mercier Eye Base is head and shoulders better than the UDPP. :) A littler pricier, but worth it imo. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2005 11:29:00 PM More reviews by leessuuhh

Even though this Primer Potion is a regular product to the Urban Decay cosmetics line, this stuff is pretty hard to find! It's only sold in Sephora stores, and of course at Urban Decay counters and website, but it's normally sold out. I finally was able to get a hold of this stuff and I can definately see why it is in such high demand.

Today was my first day using it, and right off the bat, I loved the creamy texture and packaging compared to MAC paints. I waited for a little bit for it to dry as most users have stated then applied my daily neutral eyeshadows (MAC Naked Lunch, Era & Deckchair Pigment). It made the colors bolder and brought out the potential of color in these plain neutral shades that I had never seen before.

After an entire day there was still no creasing and it looked just as fresh as when I applied my eye makeup this morning. I think I applied a bit too much on my left eye because it made the texture of my eyeshadows on my lid wrinkly, but my right eye looked completely smooth & fabulous, so I guess you only really need a tiny bit of this to do it's magic, which is always a good thing. Nevertheless, this stuff is wonderful, and I will definately be repurchasing it, that is if I can get ahold of it again of course ;D continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2005 2:10:00 PM More reviews by mustangbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my gosh!! How did I ever live without this stuff?? After waiting for this to get back in stock at Sephora, I had to try it. I have extremely oily lids, and most shadow is gone within two hours (including MAC shadows). This primer works like magic!! I can put some on at 8:00 in the morning, and by 5:00, my eyeshadow is still going strong.I can't believe it! Urban Decay could price this for twice the current amount (which is $14) and I would still buy it. You MUST try this if you have oily lids; you won't be able to live without it! Thanks UD!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2005 3:23:00 AM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is absolutely amazing. I swear my eye makeup does not budge for 12+ hours when I use Primer Potion even through an all-day, sweaty, humid day at an amusement park. Just amazing. Pull out the insert inside to really get to all the product and make your money's worth. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2005 2:09:00 AM More reviews by melbloom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is like double-stick tape for your eyeshadow. It is truly amazing! Primer Potion has made it so much easier to use eyeshadows as liners, and it makes MAC Pigments stick and stay stuck. Will repurchase over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2005 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ahappyplace

I don't EVER want to run out of this. With MAC paints, I might get one or two hours of perfect wear before it was crease-and-fade city! My trial run of PP, used with a crease-prone shadow (Milani Illusion--love it, but its staying power sucks) lasted 10 hours, and only then did a bit of oilyness break through.

I didn't find blending or application of e/s to be any more difficult with PP, but YMMV. I tap it on my lid with the wand and smooth it out with my finger, wait a minute, then apply my eye makeup. Tried it today with Kitschmas, which usually ends up all over my cheeks, and the PP really grabbed the pigment. No sparkly fallout at all.

I have super oily lids and this stuff has really increased my confidence because I look polished all day long. I can't rave enough about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2005 10:03:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Wow, amazing stuff. I wore this along with a Mary Kay eyeshadow and by the time I took off my makeup at the end of the day there was barely any IF ANY creasing at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2005 6:00:00 PM More reviews by msmarchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can we say, finally? I love this product, it's a wonderful base (seriously). The only thing i dislike about this product is the packaging...the "lamp"-like shape of this product kind of confuses me. How do you get to the bottom (it's sponge-tip), when it is almost done? It's cute, though. The product is affordable & the product actually works! & it does make the eyeshadow color POP!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Posh_Patricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a miracle! It makes colours look brighter and also it makes them stay on the whole night even after heavy dancing! And NO CREASING AT ALL! Amazing! It has the cutest bottle as well, like something from the movie Aladdin hehe! Just go and buy it! NOW!