Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/9/2006 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I can see why other reviewers have said that this stuff is like crack - I just started using it last week and never want to be without it again!

I wear mostly loose mineral eyeshadows, and while creasing isn't a major big deal, I wanted to find something to help the mineral shadows really stick to my eyelids, and UD PP does the trick and then some. The color stays bright and true, no creasing at all, and 8 hours after I've applied my makeup, it still looks fresh. This is a HG product for sure - if Urban Decay stops making this stuff, I can imagine women every where declaring war and storming company headquarters to bring it back!

on 3/8/2006 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wowee! I would have to say that in some ways, this primer works too well! The 1st time I used it was with Paula Dorf e/s in Safari. Without a primer, the e/s would migrate to my crease by lunchtime. However, when I applied the e/s to my primed lids, it really stuck! It stuck so much that I had trouble blending. After a lot of extra blending with a sponge, I got the look I wanted and it stayed put all day long. I prime my lids 10 minutes before applying e/s, let it dry, and then get to work with the e/s. The "drawback" is that it takes me extra time to get the look I want, but in the end, it is completely worth it. When you see the results you'll never want to be without it. Color looks vibrant and fresh all day - in fact, it makes cheaper drug store brands look like highly pigmented fancy brands. How did I get along without this product. Amazing!!!!

on 3/7/2006 8:27:00 PM

this is the perfect product. i used it one night when i applied lots of e/s for a rock concert. after a full night of drinking, sweating, & dancing, my e/s still looked perfect. i have a pretty pronounced crease, so the fact that my shadow didn't ball up or slide off was very impressive to me. believe the hype! this is a great product. i would buy it again en masse.

on 3/6/2006 10:29:00 PM

I was tired of using my foundation as a base. So based on the reviews here and everywhere else, I gave in! I LOVE THIS!!!!!!. IT HONESTLY does make my e/s more vibrant and really does keep it from creasing. This is no gimick. The packaging is so cute too.

on 3/6/2006 5:04:00 PM

I love, love, love this! I hadn't used eyeshadow primer before this, but i figured I should try something to keep my shadows from creasing. I got this based on the recs here, and I'm really glad I did! This stuff is like IRON. Take, for example, my new NARS shadow duo. Without a base, they last a max of about three hours on me. I put this on underneath them yesterday, and the colors were still vibrant through school, basketball practice, and a shower. Even after that, I still had to scrub to get the stuff off. The applicator is way inconvenient, but i'm willing ot overlook for the non-creasing results i get :) I'll buy again till they don't make it any more.

on 3/6/2006 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is HG status. I apply it at 7am and lasted through 9pm, with no creasing. I love PP more than MACís paint in bare canvas, the paints never lasted more than 3-4 hours. I havenít gotten used to the ligloss type applicator included in the ugly Genie Type bottle. With all the imperfections Iím definitely repurchasing it when ever I run out. This is a must have in everyoneís MU stash.

*update 12-13-06* This is for sure the best thing in my MU "safe"! The wand applicator still stinks but I got over it and now apply with my fingers. Been using this product everyday since the day I first bought it and still has plenty left. I have noticed that its a bit "thicker" but still holds on MU like no other!

So its now Feb. 20, 2007 and its finally completely done! I love this :D
continued >>

on 3/5/2006 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My extremely oily lids have never had it this good. I tried so many others brands, including Laura Mercier, Benefit's FYE, Loreal, You name it, I've tried it. None of them worked for me. I thought I was doomed to walk around with oily, dark lids (from the mascara touching the greasy lids). I see why they packaged it in a genie bottle: it's magic and a miracle! And I actually do not wear eyeshadow. I brush it on and my lids look highlighted, like a young child's. But most important it controls the oil all day. UNBELIEVEABLE!

on 3/5/2006 3:09:00 PM

MUA-ers are always right. You can count on the fact that when a product sweeps the makeup board by storm, it really is an amazing product. I was just putting up with my eyeshadow creasing, then I started wearing more loose mineral eyeshadows with no binders. These things do not last on me at all, so I was forced to look at primers. So, of course, with all the raves for UD PP (yep, it gets its own acronym on the MU board), I had to try it. Yes, it is amazing, and I have started wearing it daily. It keeps those loose mineral eyeshadows put, as well as any regular pressed eyeshadows as well. I kinda wish the tube was not opaque though; it would be nice to see how much is left in the container. That's the only thing I can think to complain about. Great product.

on 3/5/2006 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'll admit I was hesitant to buy this primer b/c I had purchased Benefits FyEye which the SA at Macys swore her eyeshow stayed on all day b/c of it. Not true for me. Anyhoo, got tired of putting on e/s only to see that two hours later it was creased/ or that it seemed as if I didn't put any at all. However, after applying UD PP at 9a.m. and applying my e/s I was SOOOOOOOOO psyched to see that at 11:30pm my eye make up was still on as if I had just done them! LOVE THIS.

on 2/28/2006 6:08:00 PM

I actually didn't think I really had a problem with my shadow shedding off through out the day,....but when I saw all these positive reviews on this product, I had to go out and buy the stuff just to check out what the hype is all about. Well, guess what...I guess I did have a problem with my shadow coming off little by little as the day went on...cuz I just went to the bathroom (at work right now - it's 3:00PM) and I looked in the mirror and it's as if I just put on my makeup. I've had my makeup on since 7:30 AM and my eyes STILL look really good. By this time of day I look all drawn out and tired...but nope...I look gooooooood. LOL! Even if you don't think you need this stuff, you're going to notice that you wish you tried it. Definately a good buy!

Also, just purchased the Smashbox Primer Photofinish too....no wonder I look so damn good..all this great stuff. (I am just hoping I don't start breaking out with the Smashbox primer...I heard after a week, it's possible to have a terrible outlay of pimples and breakout.)

Video Reviews & Tutorials