July 25, 2014 | 1968 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2005 9:30:00 PM More reviews by grumpy37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my best make-up purchase this year. I bought it based on it's reviews and love it. I have oily eyelids so this has really helps my eyeshadow stay intact. I also use it underneath my eyes to keep my eyeliner from smudging which I learned from another MUAer's review. The only downside is the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2005 2:26:00 PM More reviews by TracyMom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this primer potion! Admittedly, the packaging isn't the best and it's slightly expensive for how little you get but the stuff that's inside is like magic. NOTHING holds my eyeshadow on like this stuff does. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2005 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Joke

How could I ever live without?
Just a little bit of Primer Potion on my eyelids and the result is: vibrant e/s, not creasing, and lasting all day! Plus it's super cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2005 3:13:00 PM More reviews by angelinwhite17

I have a pimple on my eye from this crap!! EWWW...and I always completely remove my eye m/u. Yes it works well as a primer, as long as you dont have extra oily lids. But I knew it had a lot of very cloggy ingredients and I should have known better. I just thought how could I possibly get a zit on my eye?! Learned my lesson. Definately moving on to MAC paints...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2005 10:02:00 AM More reviews by fusionx

I just bought this after reading all the raves. Rec'd it today and immediately tried it out!

Some of my Shu Uemura eye shadows don't show up on me or the glitters keep falling off to my cheeks area.. but with this, they showed up soooo nicely and the glitters stayed whole day. Colours definitely looke more vibrant too. However, because I don't have the problem of e/s creasing, I wouldn't know the effect of that.

None of the stickiness, none of the thickness, this primer glides on soo smoothly. The wand sure helped with the ease of application too. Not to mention the lovely, cute bottle (small and easy to bring out for trips). Last but not least, it's affordable!!

A winner, will definitely re-purchase! I do think this is my HG. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by MidSweetTalk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yay! I just recently bought this at Sephora, and I'm addicted. I use it every single day to make sure my eye makeup stays in tip-top shape. It looks very neutral in the tube, almost opaque. But when you apply it, it disappears. I apply it but using the wand to smear a little on my lid, then blend it around with my ring finger to make sure it's completely even. The first day I got it I put it to a test and slept in it with a couple of MAC pigments to complete the experiment. I woke up the next and it looked as if I had just applied it. There was only a little fading in the color and shimmer, but still, I was extremely impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by rockinpearl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product will be in my makeup bag FOREVER!!! I have extremely oily skin & had given up on wearing eyeshadow coz no mater what I did it jut melted & creased. Thanks to MUA I got this & it is amazing! My eyemakeup stays on, blends & looks really good. I was at a party last night & even though my face got all oily (thanks to the wrong foundation that I used) my eye makeup was perfect & in place. I put it on at 7pm & it was still on at 3am!!! I would suggest everyone to have this in their makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

What is IN this stuff? I just tried it out this morning and although it looked like nothing on my lids, I needed much less eyeshadow to get the color I wanted and everything blended so effortlessly! It's evening now and there's no fading or creasing, and no flakies, and I'm wearing an unfortunately flake-prone shadow (Tarte, if you must know). This may well make some of my lower quality eyeshadows wearable. I'll probably update this review after more experience with the product, but so far, I'm impressed! Ok, updating after a few days: in addition to making shadows easier to apply, it seems to forestall fading sucessfully, but it's not a cure for flaky eyeshadow, nor does it prevent the falling glitter effect. Sigh. My expectations were SO high. Also, I did a little experiment and tried using this in lieu of concealer at the corners of my eyes, and well, it's not concealer. It actually made my foundation go on heavier, lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2005 11:15:00 AM More reviews by umwife11

If you've ever looked at your face in the mirror at 5 p.m. and asked where the heck your eyeshadow went...this is something to get your little paws on! Absolutely amazing stuff. I have always had the problem of my eyeshadow disappearing and have tried a couple of primers in my search to find something to make it stop--Benefit Lemon Aid and a GA concealer commonly used as a primer--both were okay, neither comes close to this. It takes a little bit to just apply on the eyelid, then blend...you wait for it to dry, put on that eyeshadow and bam...beautiful eyes the rest of the day. An absolute MUST in any woman's makeup kit...I NEVER would have tried this if it weren't for MUA, but I'm so glad you guys are always right :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2005 10:11:00 AM More reviews by j_jacques79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in the VAST minority here, but thought I would offer my opinion anyway. UD PP works exactly as it states, however, for those ladies (and gentlemen) out there that prefer a sheer wash of color, that can be built up with layers, this is probably not for you. I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but basically PP make my e/s go on as if it was a paint slick. BOLD, OPAQUE, and looking exactly as the e/s did in the pan. I know some people probably really love that they can get a true color with this, but I use e/s more to give a sheer wash, or reflective tint to my eye area, and could not use this. Back to Sephora it goes.