November 21, 2014 | 1951 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Auryane

Pros: The color is practical univeral. The product blends easily, and delivers on it's promises. I wore it on one eye, and nothing on the other...and there was a noticeable difference in my eye makeup by the end of the day. This prevents ceasing, and helps to "even" out my eye color (I have a bit of red just at the color of my eyes) so that colors go on brighter and truer. I'm very pleased with the results...it's far better than what I obtain with concealers or MAC's shimmersticks.

Cons: The packaging, as everyone mentioned, is frustrating. A simple squeeze tube would be perfect (and maybe a dollar cheaper, without the fancy and utterly unnecessary genie bottle). And the size--10 ml--is pitiful. At leave give us a full 0.5 ounce (14-15 ml), which is fairly standard size. I've seen concealer samples that are bigger. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2006 5:22:00 PM More reviews by mvannewh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so cool - my eye makeup at the end of the day looks exactly as it did when I put it on that morning - absolutely no creasing or smearing - and I have oily skin especially around my eyes, so this stuff is nothing short of a miracle for me! I love it.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging - even though the tube it comes in is very pretty, I think that it coming with a wand applicator is pointless (you have to blend it in with your finger anyhow), and think it will cause wasted product when the tube gets low. I think if it came in a sqeezable tube, it would be perfect. But that won't stop me from buying this product again!

Also, I read some complaints about Primer Potion not blending well - if you set this stuff with pressed powder after you've blended the PP around your eyes, then put your eye makeup on over the pressed powder, your shadow will be able to blend well, and STILL stay put!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2006 10:37:00 AM More reviews by sweet_things

Love this stuff! Don't ask me how I know, LOL, but it will go 48 hours+ without creasing. The tiniest amount is all you need. I wish it came in a tube, the applicator wand is a little silly since you need to smear it on with your finger anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2006 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Joyness

Most wonderful stuff ever! This is the first product that actually makes applying my eye makup worth while – my eye mu use to crease/be a mess in less than an hour flat. This is the first thing that keeps everything perfectly in place until I go to remove it – I couldn’t be happier! Velvety consistency and shade is slightly lighter than my lids (NC35/40), but very sheer. Will definitely repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2006 12:50:00 PM More reviews by 8ball

After trying primer after primer, and nothing works, I finally took the advice of all my MUA friends and bought this. It's the real thing. Actually, you have to be careful that you don't put too much shadow on, b/c once it is on, it won't budge! And stays good about 12 hours.

I've seen posts that it looses its effectiveness when it gets old. Mine is too new to tell.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Lacey5884

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is really cute, and it works great, but a good concealer would do the same thing...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2006 3:44:00 PM More reviews by oregonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best. Product. Ever.

I have the oiliest lids on the planet. Eyeshadows tremble before them, knowing they will be but dark lines in my creases by midday. I've tried lesser primers before. Here's a quick rundown.

Origins Underwear for Lids. Feels so nice, doesn't work at all.
Mary Kay Eye Primer. Doesn't feel so nice, works for a few hours, then dies.
L'Oreal De-Crease Eyeshadow Primer. Feels okay, doesn't work at all.

But this... this is swoon-worthy. Smooth it on your lids in the morning, and allow it to dry. It's fast. Then apply your eyeshadows and notice how they seem a little more vibrant. Go on your merry way and look with amazement four hours later that your eyeshadow is still there. Jaw drops in shock when it's still there eight hours later. Swoon on the spot when it's still there 12 hours later when you're washing it off again.

Dear God. Buy it now. It'll be the best $14 you've ever spent. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2006 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lilahh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my Holy Grail eyeshadow primer! I'm almost done with my first bottle and have 2 back ups. When I switched to Primer Potion from UltimaII Fade Not, Crease Not, I noticed an immediate difference. My eyeshadow looked more vibrant and lasted all day.

The doefoot applicator makes it easy to apply just a few dabs. It dries fast so if you don't blend it in quickly, you'll be left with dry blobs of primer. The trick is to do one eye at a time and then you won't have that problem. Also, when the product seems to be running low, just pop off the rim of the bottle opening. You'll have MUCH more product than you think. :) (Costs about $14.00 on Urban Decay's site and Sephora)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2006 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Shavwi

I cannot rave enough about this fabulous product! I ahve super oily eyelids and for years could not wear anything other than pale shimmery eyeshadows because after an hour or so I would look like I had been punched in the eye. After using this stuff, my eyeshadow lasts all day long, no matter what I've been doing. It is amazing. I use a little dab and rub it in with my finger, and that is more than enough. It is amazing and the packaging is both practical and adorable!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by TessyBuggyWuggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have wanted to buy this for a long, long time, but the girl at Sephora said it was only ok, and recomended Benefit's Lemonade. Well, Lemonade is a concealer, not primer. It didnt work, and I purchased it thinking it WAS and it had to good word of several Sephora employees. (It IS a nice eye concealer, tho)

Now, to this product. It comes in a very handy (and cute) lip-glos-like tube. It is creamy and kind of a nude color. I like the texture and you cant tell you have it on. I put this on just before i left the house this morning (around 9:30 AM) and then let it dry. This is the perfect time to put on blush. Then, i put on my eye shadow. I could feel it go on differently, like it was holding on. It didnt effect the color at all.

Now, its 11:07 and it looks every bit as good (and so does my eyeliner) as it did this morning. I have SUPER oily teenage skin, and normally halfway through a school day I look...scary. To say the least...

BUY THIS PRODUCT. NOTHING has EVER made my eyemake up last so long, and look so beatiful. If I wasn't going to remove this tonight, I would bet it would still look good in the morning. :)