Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/9/2006 8:59:00 PM

This keeps my eyeshadow in place at all times. I love how it stays put for hours. The only problem is not being able to blend as well. The potion sets as a "glue", so once you apply the shadow and make a mistake, you can't really "erase" it. I tried softening my dark shadow with a lighter shade, but the dark shadow would not budge. Oh well, you can't win everything. (Unless anyone can help me out!) At least this product fits its claim.. so I'd rather have intense eyecolor for hours as oppose to creasing and fading.

I Loooove this product. Definite HG for me and my oily lids! It has made my eye shadow go on smoother...stay on longer... and no creasing or oily look anymore. Great Product!

on 4/9/2006 2:08:00 AM

haven't seen all these great reviews about this product and with the problem of oily lids for ever since i do make up on my eyes.......i thought i'll give this a try and hoping that something miracle will happen as some of you have descibe........but nuting incredible happen to my eyes......it still gets oily and crease like it used to..........but i'm wondering if it's because i use an eye cream b4 i put this on or something............so i'm ggonna give it one more try without eye cream and see.......if it still doesn't do much........back to sephora it goes............UPDATE: try it again without eye cream .....work much better.......shows a little sign of creasing after 7 hours.......much better than anything that i've useddd.....you just have to pay more atttention in putting on your eye shadow that allows you to put little by little...instead of putting a heavy amount of colorrr on at once....

on 4/5/2006 11:42:00 AM

I know I am the minority but I HATED this. I tried it as many ways as I could, I also tried many suggestions from the board and I still couldn't get it to work. I will say my e/s didn't crease but it doesn't crease when I use MAC paints either. My main problem with this was I could not blend my e/s at all where you put your e/s is where it stuck! I just generally didn't care for it. It didn't blend well once on the lid, it just made my eyes streaky and splotchy. MAC paints IMO are WAY better! Sorry to be the downer!

This stuff really does work! I can't believe I waited this long to try it, but I have and love it! My eyeshadow looks as fresh as it did 12 hours ago :)Very cute packaging - it's unique in every way. Will definitely repurchase!UPDATE: My precious UDPP went missing for 2 days and I was a wreck! I couldn't find it anywhere, so I had to run out and get a new one! I had to go back to MAC Paints and it was horrible - It creased like there was no tomorrow!! continued >>

on 3/30/2006 1:24:00 PM

As soon as I read all the wonderful reviews for this product I bought one. Hmm... I'm not quite sure if I'm blown away by this product. I like the fact that a little goes a long way, and is easy to apply... just think like a thin film of "glue" is being added to your lids. It truly holds my matte shadows in place -- but that's where the problem for me is - it *only* does wonders for my matte shadows, but ends up making all my shimmer shadows look DINGY. It could be that I'm doing something wrong?

on 3/30/2006 2:17:00 AM

How could I have lived without this? My eyeshadow stays on my lids now, not under my eyes, nor does it all gather up in the crease and look horrible. Everything stays put all day. I love this stuff! I will have to make sure that I never run out. The only downside is that if I make a mistake while making up my eyes, it's really hard to correct it because nothing budges when this stuff is on.

on 3/29/2006 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Yep, read the reviews and had to purchase!
I'm so glad I did, seeing applying foundation or concealer and setting it with powder before putting eyeshadow was getting too tiring. Also, trying on various "paints" did absolutely nothing but crease immensely and just "sat" clumpy on my lid.
This is a very nice product, in a beigey concealer like colour, and i can tell it must be effective, seeing when I remove my eye makeup, this sucker doesn't budge easily :) Overall, my eyeshadows have lovely staying power, and most importantly, no crease!
I love the exotic look of the packaging, but i hate it comes in a sponge applicator, and too little product comes out, as though it's empty. But will repurchase definitely.

on 3/27/2006 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Wow! I put this through the ULTIMATE test today - first, I had curry for lunch where I broke out into a sweat, then I played a good 2 hours of basketball. I didn't get to check my face until the day was practically over and my eyeshadow didn't crease at all. I have so much eyeshadow that I barely use because before I got UDPP, it would always crease. But now, I can definitely put use my eyeshadows! I'm so excited!! I am totally in love with this product! I think the packaging is really cute, but I can see how the container can be a pain when it starts to run out. In the meantime, I'm going to put it to good use.

on 3/26/2006 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a WONDERFUL product. Iím so glad that I read the reviews and decided to try it.
I use just a tiny bit of this product and the shadows stay put all day long.
I use the wand to make small dots just above the eyelashes then smooth the product over the lids with my finger.
I have to admit that on some days there is some creasing but not much. But most days I can wear my shadows all day long and they look like I just put them on.
I will definitely repurchase and recommend to everybody.

Video Reviews & Tutorials