April 17, 2014 | 1532 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2005 11:19:00 AM More reviews by BelleM77

OMG! My HG of eye shadow primers. I've tried it all: MAC paint, Ultima, Neutrogena, PD, the list can go on forever! My shadow always creased within a few hours, no matter what primer I used. I bought this specifically for a trip to Walt Disney World I went on. I figured if it could hold up there, it could hold up anywhere.

Let me tell you, it held up like you wouldn't believe! It stayed on ALL day with no creasing. When I mean all day, I mean like 12+ hours some days. There was no fading and it blends like a dream. It even started pouring rain (we didn't have an umbrella) and even though I looked like a drowned rat, the shadow didn't budge. I can't recommend this primer enough. I'm going to buy a second tube just to have an extra one around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 5:34:00 PM More reviews by bastet

This is the ultimate eye primer for me. I've tried Paula Dorf, MAC paints, Benefit FYE, but this beats them all. PD and Benefit did *nothing* for me in terms of holding e/s in place (and my eye lids aren't even oily), the neutral MAC paints shades make all the e/s on top look ashy and mute the shade, so I usually use the coloured shades that match the e/s look I apply on top.

Now the UD PP doesn't mute the powder or cream e/s on top and keeps everything in place. Powders are easy to blend on top if you don't apply too much product. All I wish for!! The packaging isn't too practical, it comes in a lilac genie-bottle. Be aware that you only use a VERY TINY amount, usually the little product that comes out when you pull out the applicator is sufficient for both eyes. I apply what's on the wand to my finger and blend this into my lid. If you use too much then e/s will be hard to blend on top and it might end up creasing. I've used my PP for more than 6 months now and there is still product left. Some ingenious person on MUA found that if you pull off the little white plastic ring in the opening you can get every last drop of product out of the bottle even when you think it's empty already.

I'll definitely repurchase this thing and again, it's one of the most important items in my makeup stash and gets used almost every day. It keeps almost everything in place (like Stila eye pots and other tricky cream e/s). It's probably the very best product I've bought in the past year.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2005 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Bonnie2842

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. I have dry skin, but very oily lids, so eyeshadow melts off fast. With this, I don't have to worry about my eyeshadow disappearing after an hour. All my powder and cream shadows last all day with very little fading. It goes on nude so you can tell where you're putting it, but smooths out to a clear base. If it evened out the color of my eyelids, it would be perfect. It has a cute tube, and a wand applicator.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great primer! I really appreciate the fact it doesn't change the color of my eyeshadow like a lot of primers do. It lightens the shade of the shadow just a tad, though. Shadow and liner stay on all day with this primer. I don't like the packaging, though - have to rotate how I store it (one day up, another day upside-down, then on its side, etc.) in order to get the product out. I'll put up with that, though, since I've never found another primer that comes anywhere close to being as great as this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2005 2:16:00 AM More reviews by dptkfil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My eyeshadows never stayed on my eyelids after 3 hours of putting them on. As much as I loved eyeshadows, I almost gave up hope. But not until I found this miracle product! My eyeshadows stayed on for 14 + hours!!!! And absolutely no creasing or sliding! The colors also remain more true and vibrant. The shimmers actually stayed on my eyelids! In addition, I love the cute packaging, even though I can't see how much remains inside. But who cares! My eyeshadows are on my lids! I could never ever live without this product. Girls, please run and get this product!!! NOW!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 7:56:00 PM More reviews by snowfie

Love. I was begining to lose hope (and a lot of money) looking for things that would keep my eyeshadow from slipping off after a few hours. I tried MAC paints, which HELPED but still- eyeshadow melted away to nothing.

Until this! Why did I wait so long to try this? I have no idea. But so far, my eyeshadow has lasted all day with zero creasing. I follow it with a bit of MAC paints to make the shadow pop even more.

Yeah, the packaging is kind of crappy but who the hell cares. It WORKS. Will buy over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by beauzmom

My hair stylist recommended this to me. I generally trust her, so I ordered it right away. I owe her! This stuff works perfectly. Just a thin layer, and my eyeshadows do not crease. I was a bit skeptical, but it even worked for the cream shadows. This is a must.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2005 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Honeyblonde

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh yeah. This stuff is the SHIZ. I use my MAC 242 brush to apply a thin coat to each lid; let dry about one minute. Not only do my shadows/pigments/glitters adhere better, they last all day, AND the color payoff is truer. Love, LOVE, L-O-V-E!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2005 10:52:00 PM More reviews by sheriot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

out of all the primers i tried, this one works the best. my e/s stays put for 13 hours with this! my only complaint is the crappy packaging. i don't know if it can be any crappier. to make matters worse there's no way of telling how much is left. but i guess i can live with it. i plan to repurchase after i finish my current one :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2005 4:32:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

i have the eye makeup base from Guerlain and i adore it (how can you not? look at that classy glass container. you cant get better packaging than Guerlain!). but after reading so many rave reviews about this Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion here i decided to give it a go, although i have to say im really no fan of its packaging at all (too funky for my liking). i'll have to say this one has the same staying power as the Guerlain one but is much easier to apply. with the one from Guerlain i have to blend my ass off and it takes ages. this PP is in a gel-cream form and it blends like a dream! and it intensifies eyeshadow colors too. after a whole day out my eyeshadows didnt budge an inch! just like the Guerlain eye makeup base, but almost half the price!!! the Guerlain one costs me AUD49 whereas this PP is only AUD27! however, i seemed to have gotten a dodgy tube because it looked like it has been used before and not much left in there!!! i wonder if they are starting to discontinue this brand in australia?? omg please dont! anyhoo, quality wise, its a tie between these two. design wise, i'll pick Guerlain any day of the week but cost and convenience wise, Urban Decay's PP wins hands down!

**UPDATE**: it actually has BETTER staying power than the Guerlain one. i mean, THE best. i usually curl my lashes after applying my eyeshadows and the eyeshadow powder would be all over my curler, yes, even with my Guerlain eyeshadow base. but i realized my eyelash curler is COMPLETELY clean (and i mean completely) since i started using this primer from UD. i coiuldnt believe it so i curled my lashes a few more times, with different curlers (Shu Umera, Shiseido) just to be sure. and my eyeshadows still wouldnt budge. this PP is heat-proof too because i heated up my curlers when curling my lashes and still nothing on my curlers!!!! this has got to be the most miraculous makeup product i have ever tried!! omg omg... so yes, heres another 5 lippies to you... five five five all the way!!!