August 29, 2014 | 1801 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2005 5:02:00 PM More reviews by Missmilli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've always had a problem with eyeshadow fading on me as the day goes on. I recently began using this Primer Potion and what a difference! I wear mineral makeup and after putting on a very light coat of the primer, I dust a light layer of my mineral concealer shade over my lids. Any shadow I put on after these steps looks true-to-color and stays forever. I got carried away and bought quite a few of these when they came back in to stock at Urban Decay. I just don't want to run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2005 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alyria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have skin that gets EXTREMELY oily throughout the day, resulting in my eyeshadow melting off within hours of application. I've tried other primers/bases such as Benefit's F.Y. Eye and MAC's Paints but this one has BY FAR THE BEST staying power. And that's saying a lot for me! It dries quickly and provides a nice thin base, so eyeshadow doesn't cake and it also intensifies the colour. I would prefer a squeeze tube since I don't actually use the wand to apply the product directly onto my eye. I dab the wand on my fingers and then use my fingers to apply it. Even though my oily eyelids win the battle by the end of the day (after about 8 - 10 hours of wear), this has excellent staying power and is definately better than anything else I've tried!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2005 5:58:00 AM More reviews by gorgeousgirlie

I LOVE! LOVE!! LOVE!!! this product! It actually does what it is supposed to do, and all at a reasonable price! I was considering buying Benefit's F.Y.eye but held out until I could find this- and it was being sold for half the price of the benefit primer.
I have the oiliest eyelids ever and I have a problem getting eyeshadows to stick and show up with the same intensity they do in the pot, and this product is perfect for doing that.
I can't recommend it enough, the only thing I can be picky about is the packaging, but its not that much of a problem for me- oh and the fact that this product is so hard to find! It was sold out everywhere I tried! They should stock it much more in shops!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2005 7:18:00 PM More reviews by wongy74

Best primer I have ever tried, hands down. Never, ever creases. MAC Paints also work for me but occasionally, it will crease. It is difficult to blend well with the primer, but I've learned to use neutral e/s over the primer so that it will be easier for me to blend the darker or colored e/s.

I haven't had any problems with applying it evenly. I just take the wand and make a swipe over each eye and smooth it onto my lids. Works like a charm! =) continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2005 9:44:00 PM More reviews by JulianaTX

I won't buy this primer again because it is impossible to blend shadow when using this. Also, it is difficult to spread in an even layer, so shadow tends to "gunk up" on the areas where there is more primer. It does make shadow last longer, but if you make a mistake when applying or can't blend, that's not really a good thing. I won't repurchase. Think I'll try the MAC Paints next time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2005 2:02:00 AM More reviews by haseena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Primer Potion is definitely a star product of Urban Decay other than their eyeshadows. This is the perfect mattifier for eyelids and serves as a great base for eyeshadows. Not only does this control the lasting power of eyeshadows, this also helps brings out the true vibrancy of any eyeshadow. I got one for myself and had to get one for my sis who always has problem with oily lids. This is a must-have for every MU lover so grab this while you can as the stocks are always running low :) A tip before i finish off, the primer potion achieves the best results when you pat it on your lids with fingers instead of smearing it. The wand is pretty useless imho but is only good for getting more of the product out of the tube. I have realised that if foundation, concealor or any primer happens to touch this product on your face, it will create a mess so the best way out is to apply this before foundation. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2005 4:41:00 PM More reviews by teenbear

Isn't it great when a product actually does what it claims to? I have the oiliest lids - shadow is gone within an hour most days. Thanks to this it stays on all blimmin' day! I have tried virtually every other eye-primer out there and nothing comes close to UDPP. However, as other reviewers have noted, it does make shadows a little harder to blend than normal, and it is expensive (as well as being totally unavailable in New Zealand). Funky but impractical packaging too. Please, some other cosmetic company, make a cheap, knock-off version of this in a pot and you will make a fortune!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2005 3:25:00 AM More reviews by Pomlvr

This primer works well for keeping eyeshadow and liner on my lids all day, but I don't like how the eyeshadow looks over this. It made my lids look crepey and the eyeshadow seems darker and very unblendable. Also, the packaing is cute but not very practical. It's hard to tell how much is left in the little bottle. Perhaps they should make this see-thru?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2005 2:17:00 PM More reviews by prettyangel

Ok i will be the minority here and say that i will not repurchase this item again. It is a very good base i must admit since you shadows will last ALL day with relatively no creasing whatsoever. The problem is that it makes my e/s incredibly hard to blend! Especially for my looks when blending is the key. Im not sure what it is about the product that does this. I have even tried using MAC prep prime eye underneath and it helps it out just a teenie bit. I didnt give it a low score since the product itself does what it is suppose to. I think i will just stick to my MAC paints or Lancome Colour doses.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2005 2:06:00 AM More reviews by hwyngurl2003

It took me awhile to get my hands on this product due to the fact that it's always sold out. BUT I got it and it really is a miracle product, lol. I usually have a problem w/creasing & eyeliner smudges but the primer did exactly what it said on the box. No creases and much more vibrant color all day. I even used my Milani black eyeliner (which made horrible smudges all over my lid once) w/the primer & it stayed put throughout my work day. I did take one lipstick off for the packaging. Really cute but if you put too much on your lid due to the brush, it will make your e/s look cakey instead of cute. A little goes a long way.