July 22, 2014 | 1042 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2005 8:40:00 PM More reviews by goaway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a primer, the retail price is not too bad ($14). The nude color blends right into my skin. Simple and easy to apply. However, the packaging is crap. It can be easily opened and messed with in the store, and one cannnot tell if it is full or exactly how much is left. I rub my tired eyes a lot during the day, and some shadow does were off. In general, there is some fading going on. Overall, I would by again as this is the best primer I have found.
Update: I usually use loose pigments as e/s and this just isn't cutting it for staying power. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2005 8:17:00 PM More reviews by indiagirl73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought and tried this for the first time due largely to the great reviews it got on MUA. It is great! My e/s stood up to 2 soccer games in direct sunlight. It's been 10 hours since I put my makeup on and the only thing left is on my eyes! WOW.. Amazing! So glad I got this BOGOF at Ulta! Definately will get again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2005 5:31:00 PM More reviews by lashby78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Primer Potion! It is absolutely the best primer I have tried and lasts between 8-12 hours on me. I live in a very humid city, and by the end of the day, my eyes look just as good as they did when I left the house. E/s colors are brighter, bolder, and true-to-color. I took off one lippie because it is a very light color. It seems to disappear on my skin but I'm a PPP - I wonder how it would look on darker skin tones, especially if you don't cover it completely with e/s. It also makes applying and blending e/s a bit harder which takes some getting used to. Still, this is definitely one of my HG items and highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2005 2:26:00 AM More reviews by mmmochi

Every single place I looked was sold out of Primer Potion (4 Sephora stores, Sephora online, UD online), so I was thrilled when I finally found it at Ulta. I prefer Primer Potion over Smashbox Photofinish and MAC Paints in Bare Canvas. It leaves your lids feeling so smooth, and it pumps up your eyeshadow's potential ten fold. Colors look richer, and last a lot longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2005 12:48:00 PM More reviews by just_like_gold

Ohhh yes. I wanted to wait until the REAL test (an 8+ hour event) of this stuff, but I couldn't resist. I put this on before eyeliner and eyeshadow and it lasted about ELEVEN hours. It's actually pretty hard to get this OFF at the end of the day. I can sweat, be oily, and my eye makeup will persevere, long after all my other makeup has disappeared. And then I scrub for my life with a soft neutrogena makeup removing cloth. I bet you this would make it last overnight if you tried. Fantastic. H freakin' G.
EDIT 4/3/06: STILL in love. I don't often have occassions where I need 11-hour eyemakeup, but when I need something to pull through, this always does. Always. I have trouble getting it to stop working. Buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2005 9:17:00 AM More reviews by rose_arcana

I love this product - it has greatly improved the staying power of my eyeshadows, and especially my cheaper and not-so-long-lasting eyeshadows! Love the cute packaging. I am rapt. The only down side is that it is difficult to get in Australia :( but can be bought from O/S.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2005 6:23:00 PM More reviews by NYtherapistt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this little miracle worker. I have always been plagued by creasing. We're talking looking as though I've drawn a line in the middle of my eyelid type of creasing. This has COMPLETELY corrected that issue for me. I dab a tiny bit on each lid and then gently smooth over it with my fingertip.

I've found it somewhat difficult to blend my shadows b/s the PP holds so well. I've corrected this problem by sweeping a layer of BE's Well Rested over my lids once the primer dries (about 10 seconds). I then apply my eye shadow and it does not budge!

I do think it's over-priced for the amount of product you get. I dislike the packaging because, though cute, it's not practical. I'll lose a lot of the product because there is simply no way for me to get into this Genie-like tube.

Despite those 2 issues, I'll be repurchasing for eternity, with the hopes that they'll alter the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2005 11:13:00 AM More reviews by Sassyrred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I finally found a tube at Ulta! I had tried 2 local Sephora's and they were sold out and Nordies was sold out, it wasn't looking good! The only eyebase that was working for me was MAC paints until now. The UD primer definitely holds my eyeshadow longer than the paints, not to say the paints don't do a great job because they do! but I definitely find I can not blend my eyeshadow as well with UD. I suspect because of the dryness of the product.

I gave this a 3 for price because compared to the paints it is high for the amount you get and I gave it a 2 for packaging because I think the design is flawed as you lose the product at the top rim when you remove it. I tried removing the ring at that top (which one should not have to do to get product out) to get more product out but wasn't successful. I think they need to redesign the packaging. It looks cute but not practical for getting the product out of the tube. I would repurchase because my lids are a tough customer to satisfy, but I probably with rotate my paints with this primer to get more bang for my buck.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love Urgan Decay's eyeshadow, and this little miracle just makes it more appealing! :p It does what it says it does. My eyeshadow stays put and only soap and water will get it off! Even when I wear Midnight Cowboy (super sparkely btw) the sparkles don't fall off or get in my eye or anything! This is a great product to own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2005 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Maria25

I am so greatful that I found this product. I at first tried Lumene eye base and it irritated my eyes so badly that i couldn't wear makeup for weeks. I placed the blame on my pigments, but that wasn't it, it was the Lumene. Anyway, i gave UDPP a try on a whim, and I am so glad that i did. I put this on in the morning and my e/s or pigments last the whole day. The true test was a day i put this on at 5am, then followed with e/s and pigment, and it stayed on in FULL until at least 10:30 that night. I will buy this again and again. Oh, and speaking of, there is a ton of product in that little container. I have had it for at least 4 months and still have a ton left, so even though its a bit pricey, it does last and is worth every penny.