Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/18/2006 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Ive been holding off buying this for months and Im so glad I finally did. Its amazing! Perfection! Finally a product that does what it says! Lasts all freakin day and makes any e/s look more vibrant. I found that if you have a problem blending shadows on top of this just apply a little less of it the next time. Ive tried all other e/s primers I could get my hands on (including tfsi and the d/c marykay one that got rave reviews too) but this is by far the best!

on 6/16/2006 12:10:00 PM

I have balked on purchasing Urban Decay's Primer Potion for ever. I really want to kick myself hard because it is a miracle product for me. I have alot of shadows that I really could not enjoy because they kept fading, creasing or slipping off. Primer potion had fixed all of this and has allowed me to wear shadows with pride and not have to worry about rechecking my face constantly. I wear this to work and it lasts 12hrs+ for me. It may be expensive or you may feel that it is not a necessity but trust me, I was a skeptic and now I am a true believer. I would def repurchase this again and am thinking of buying a back up.

on 6/15/2006 12:25:00 PM

I insist on slathering my entire face with sunscreen every morning and that includes my eyelids. The result is a greasy base for my eyeshadows and by lunchtime, all that's left of it has collected into creases. It's gross. Now I put this primer on after my spf, smooth it out with my fingers, and then apply the rest of my makeup. I make sure to use it before foundation & powder so any edges are blended into the rest of my makeup. My shadow doesn't budge until I take it off around 15 hours later. It's fantastic. I tried using it under my undereye concealer, but the result was crepey and tired looking. Too bad, because it really kept it in place! I hate the tacky purple packaging but what can you do? The product inside is genius.

on 6/12/2006 8:51:00 PM

Best e/s primer I've ever used, hands down. I have *very* oily lids and have never been able to keep e/s from creasing for longer than an hour or so. But with this, my eyeshadow wears all day. Yes, I do still crease a tiny amount, but most of my e/s stays where it belongs and the creasing is minimal.

The packaging leaves something to be desired, but I've read about a couple of tricks to get more out once the wand won't do it anymore, and I've only had it a few weeks and am not concerned about having to dig up remnants just yet.

All in all, I'll definately keep it on hand. Maybe not HG status, but I'd have to hear fantastic things about something else to stray.

on 6/12/2006 3:50:00 PM

Hands-down the BEST e/s primer on the market. I use a little concealer on my lids first to cover darkness and veins, then pat on the Primer Potion right over it. This gives me perfect-looking lids as a palette and eye makeup (including liner) stays on all day. I also use this under concealer on the tiny pink marks on my face (left behind by blemishes) -- keeps the concealer in place and it never oxidizes. continued >>

on 6/11/2006 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily lids and have never been able to keep my shadow from creasing. I have been using this for about 2 months and I am loving the way my shadow looks and wears. I can go all day without creasing and I don't have to do the midday touch ups. This is a great primer, the best I have ever tried.

on 6/11/2006 5:22:00 PM

This primer does make my eyeshadow wear like iron, and because of this, I will continue to buy this product. However, I wish the primer potion had a little more color to camoflauge some of the visible veins in my eyelids(I'm very pale), and it also makes eyeshadows a bit harder to blend. Otherwise, it's a perfect product, and the packaging is adorable!

on 6/9/2006 7:09:00 PM

I LOVE this primer. It has given new life to all of my BE shadows!! I work 12 hour shifts in a hospital, and I am still halfway decent (eye makeup isn't smeared or creasing) at the end of my shift! HG!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

this is the best primer ever!!!! i'm so happy! after trying MAC paints, MAC primer, BeneFit lemon aid and others - I've finally found the one product in the world that makes my eyeshadow NOT crease! My oily lids are so happy!!!!

on 6/5/2006 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This truly is amazing stuff. Of all the primers I've ever used, this one is definitely the best. It really makes my eteshadow last all day long--quite a feat on my oily lids--and it actually intensifies the color. Not really crazy about the purply tube which is slightly cheesy to me for some reason, but I cannot live without this! Definitely an HG for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials