Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

After reading great reviews on this item, I decided to give it a try.
I have very narrow fold on my eyelid (I'm asian), and they get so oily that MAC's paints crease on my eyelids, and Bobbi Brown's gel-liners fade.

I gave Primer Potion a try twice this weekend, and I have to say this is a very very good product. I would highly recommend this to anyone who has problems with eyeshadows/eyeliner staying on.

After applying the dubs of this nude colored potion, it glided easily onto my lids. Creamy, but surprisingly not oily nor drying on my lid. I had no problem whatsoever layering shadows on top, and 12 hours later, my eyeshadows looked almost as good as it did when applied.

Incredible! I am very excited about this product, and I would repurchase again and again. Thanks Makeup Alley!

All I know is, I had given up wearing eye shadow for a long time because it wouldn't hold the pigment on my small eyes and would crease because my lids would get oily. Oh how I missed wearing eyeshadow. I was searching around for the best eye primers on the forum and stumbled upon this. I felt like I was really taking a chance but I'm really glad I trusted the reviews. Everyone on here is very smart! On the first day, I did the ultimate test by doing a smoky look on my eyes with my MAC shadow. Miraculously, the smoothing primer that I thinly applied, clung on to the glitter and the pigment like a magnet. By the end of working 9 hours, The best looking thing about my make up was my eyes. Yay! A first for me. I use this everyday now before applying any eyeshadow. I know a lot of you use very compact and glittery shadows. This primer is great at clinging on to the glitter. I know because I use Urban Decay e/s all the time and will refuse to wear any of it w/o this eye potion.

I call it my miracle makeup.

I took one lippie off because the packaging could be better. #1 you can't see how much is left, #2 the wand is a little short. But thats it. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the first time I've ever even considered using an eye primer,but looking at the adorable packaging, and hearing my friend's rave reviews I couldnt stop myself. I absolutely love this stuff!! I apply it before I put anything else on, by the time I get to my eyeshadow it's already dry, and seriously...my shadow and liner lasts ALL DAY LONG! I dont think I can live without it now. I have only had to buy 2 tubes the last year. They last so long. The price, at first I would have thought it expensive, but consider how long it lasts, and this stuff is the best!
When the tube is new you might want to first blot a bit product onto your eyelids, and then using your finger apply it allover. As it gets older you can start using the actual applicator to swipe it across your lids. I noticed that if I used to applicator right away I ended up using way too much product!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Great stuff. Like glue for your eye make up but with no residual gunk on your eyes. I can't really add anything else to what others have said, except to urge you to go out and get some! Bottle lasts a long time as well!

This stuff is amazing! I used it for a wedding last summer and my eye makeup did not budge. I've been hooked on it ever since!
I have hard enough time keeping my eye makeup on regular days, let alone on hot humid days....

a 5/5 product. Can't be without it. cute packaging. started my obsession with UD. their eyeshadows with this is love. lasts until I take it off at night. This works with all of my eyeshadows, whatever brand they may be. Some days, or sometimes entire seasons, I have lids that get a little oily. Before udpp I'd go without shadow, for fear of creasing or the fact that it would disappear in an hour or two anyway, especially a cute light shadow. Now I don't have to. One of my few HG products. I could try other shadow primers, but I don't need to waste my time.

This is the only primer that I've used that actually keeps my e/s on all day! I don't even need to do a mid day touchup when I use this. LOVE IT!

I have always had trouble with getting my eye shadow to stay on - no matter what type. This stuff worked great. My makeup finally stays on all day and comes off at night with no problem. I also have sensative skin and eyes and the product did not irritate them at all!

I'm sure there's a shadow base this good for cheaper, but I'm too lazy to look. It keeps whatever eye look I'm wearing in place until I take it off, which can be 12-14 hours. I think I'd rather it came in a little squeezable tube, since I just pat it on with my fingertips anyway.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What would I do without this magic potion? I have deep set eyes, and it's the only thing that keeps my shadow and liner from disappearing rather quickly. I have dry 46 y.o. skin, but my eyelids are oily, for some reason. THANK YOU, UD!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials