Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/24/2006 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've bought this twice. I love how it makes my eyeshadows (high and low end) stay on all day. I just take a small bit and blend it well on my eyes. If you put too much, it can cake. I apply it over moisturized skin. Works great. Love it.

on 5/23/2006 8:28:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING! Wow! Finally an eye primer that does exactly what it says it is going to do. I have a hard time getting eye shadow to show up on my skin but with this, the color shows up perfectly and stays on all day without creasing! I will DEFINITELY be re-buying this when I run out!

on 5/23/2006 6:26:00 PM

I had previously tried and didn't like UD Primer Potion and promply swapped it away without hesitation because (1) I wasn't using it correctly (2) I was previously using MAC Studio Fix, used a light powdering of it under my shadesticks (HG colored bases) (3) I was too cheap and at the time, very much a MAC snob. When I started using a new foundation (PX Virtual Skin) last summer, I realized that in the Texas heat and humidity I NEEDED something to prevent my shadows from creasing now more than ever and decided to give the primer a go around again. I am so glad that I'm not stubborn and that I am no longer a brand snob or I would have missed out on this gem. I apply my makeup every morning between 7:10 and 7:40 and it lasts with no creasing or faded up until I remove it at 6, 7, even 9 at night sometimes. I'm a convert. This is my HG shadow base...and it doesn't even require a second base to stay as vibrant either. I have applied shadows directly after the primer and the end effect is the same. The trick being to apply a thin layer of primer and smooth it out with your finger and allow to dry before applying the shadow. LOVE it! Of course I would buy it again and again and again! :D I already have backups out the yin-yang because Sephora and Ulta can't seem to keep it in stock. continued >>

on 5/23/2006 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

LOVE. LOVE .LOVE! I have oily eyelids and this product is the only one that worked for me. My eye shadow did not fade, crease or wear off ALL DAY. I even fell asleep with my eye makeup on once and was surprised to see that the next morning my eye shadow looked as fresh as it did the day before. Just make sure you blend it past the area where you usually end your eye shadow application or else you will see a "line of demarcation." Truly an amazing product. At $14 USD, it is a great bargain (compared to the $20 USD for a teeny tiny jar of BeneFit's F.Y.Eye that doesn't work).

on 5/23/2006 9:22:00 AM

Sorry to ruin the ratings, but I really don't care for this. Yes, it works, but it burned the skin off my eyelids! This completely unsafe for sensitive skin. My eyeshadow clumped and balled up and got nasty, and you have to be really careful not to get it anywhere near your eyelashes, because it's hard to get off and makes your mascara go on gross. It was totally obvious where I had applied this gross stuff under my eyeshadow despite how thinly I tried to apply it. Yet another overrated dud from MUA!

on 5/23/2006 9:18:00 AM

OK, So I heard about this stuff on the Bare Escentuals forum, quite a few people on there seemed to rate it, and said eyeshadow does not budge. I had my reservations, not that I doubted what anyone said but, my eyelids are very oily, so thought what the heck its worth a try, I found a place in the UK that stocks it and it arrived on Saturday, I used it in the evening when I went out and Voila! No creasing eyeshadow very impressed, I was only out for 4 hours so didn't have a huge time to test it in, anyway I wore it to work yesterday and all day nothing moved, no creases nothing, my shadow was just as I applied it in the morning, I have to say it was weird checking the mirror during the day and finding no creases, this stuff is impressive and I will not be without it now.

Kudos to Urban decay!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Let me just preface this by saying that I have the oilest eyelids in the world. Within an HOUR of putting on eyeshadow, using any base, being concealer and what have you, my eyeshadow started to crease. By the end of the day, forget it! My eyeshadow was just greasy lines of color on my eyes. I decided to take the plunge and by some Primer Potion, and let me just say, my eyeshadow didn't crease AT ALL. For 15 hours. It didn't even come off when I accidentially rubbed my eye. This stuff is amazing. Definetly the best product in my makeup drawer. And I kind of this the packaging is cute.

on 5/21/2006 10:51:00 AM

Ditto to all the raves!

on 5/20/2006 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff! I've always had a problem with my eye-makeup creasing after a few hours, but after spreading a tiny amount of this stuff over the crease of my lids, I don't have to worry about it at all! My eye makeup stays put for hours and at the end of the night, it still looks as fresh as when I applied it.

One thing I don't like about this product is that if I get it on my eyelashes, it makes my mascara go on clumpy. I take extra special care to not get it on my eyelashes at all so that my lashes will look as good as my lids after using this product!

on 5/17/2006 3:43:00 AM

I don't know why I waited so long to buy this. I am thrilled with the results, only I wish I had it 10 years ago. Thank you Urban Decay for making this fine product that really works. I wonder why no other eye shadow base can even come close to this formula?

Update: This makes my eyes red and itchy. i got tiny bumps on my eyelids, too. There is some ingrediant in this that I am allergic too.

It's a wonder product for everyone else. If anyone else gets this reaction, let me know what works instead for you. I so wish this would not irritate my eyes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials