Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

i bought this b/c i used to be able to wear shadow but the last year or so my lids have become very oily, and most of my eye shadow remained in my make up case untouched even though eye make up is my fav kind to wear! thanks to these reviews i purchased a bottle at sephora.com and it finally arrived. i was a lil disappointed at the size of the bottle at first, but when i used it - a lil goes a long way and you dont need hardly any. i worked 8 hours, and then went out to applebees with the fam, and 10 hours later, my beautifully blended eye shadow still looks amazing. i love this stuff! washed off in the shower with my usual face cleanser. i can safely say, these ladies posting before me are not overzealous or psycho - they are simply speaking truth!

on 5/13/2006 7:43:00 PM

I don't really use eye-shadow everyday (occasionally I'll break out the Stila or Mac shadow)...because even with the potion it's creased by the end of the day. It still lasts a *lot* longer than usual though.

I use the potion daily all by itself just to cut back on the oily lids. Works better than anything else has. Still a little greasy...but not nearly as much.

on 5/13/2006 2:41:00 PM

I have very oily lids and my eyeshadow liteally creased within 3 hours or less. My color faded. It was very bad. I tried L'Oreal de-crease, foundation, nothing worked. Then I got Primer Potion. This stuff is amazing, it makes your eyeshadow go on like superglue. It don't budge. Not an inch.

on 5/13/2006 12:16:00 PM

this product works really well. the only problem is... i got an allergic reaction to it. boooooo! it really made my eyeshadow stay on all day. but when it was time for me to take off my makeup, it made my eyelids red and swollen. it also made my eyelidss extremely dry. so dry that a week later, i still had to deal with it. something i never experienced before... but it works... but not for me.

on 5/13/2006 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I cannot understand why noone told me about this magical product sooner. I love eyeshadow, have very oily skin and always have the creasing midday, to the point where I have to completely reapply by 3pm. No more! It's sounds unbelievable but my e/s does not budge from when I put it on before work til after I go out after work. I left the house at 9AM yesterday, came home at 10:30PM and it was still perfect. This is my HG.

on 5/11/2006 2:26:00 AM

I've been reading rave reviews about this thing and it's was backstocked for soooo long, when I finally saw it back at Sephora I seized the opportunity and grabbed one. I'm so glad I did because I simply love this product! My eyeshadow seriously stays on all day long, it looks as fresh at night as it originally did in the morning. I definitely going to stock up on more!! A few more things, it prevents creasing and works on oily eyelids as well.

on 5/10/2006 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Yes, I would buy again. I already bought a back up. this stuff is amazing. I have really oily eyelids, and so far, this is the only pimer that works. I use a lot of NYX e/s, milani, and some other products, and all eyeshadows and liners hold still with it. before UDPP, I would not wear a lot of eyeshodows because I knew it would crease and disappear, but not anymore. Now, I am more willing to wear the eyeshadows I have, and I wear bolder colors too.
Definitely try this out, It is a true winner! (the packaging does suck, though)

on 5/9/2006 8:12:00 PM

Rave!!!Best thing ever invented!!!.Ive been having problems with my eyeshadow creasing throughout the day and I had to try this potion everyone has been raving about.I love it!.My eyeshadow does not crease at alllllllllll.Will buy again.The only thing I dont like is something the whiteness gets on my lashes,but other than that.Kudos!

on 5/7/2006 10:52:00 PM

I love this stuff, it is totally worth all the hype. I love that it works with my UD eyeshadows, some are very glittery and it keeps that glitter looking fresh all day! I put this on in the AM and when I get off work usually around 10 PM, I look in the mirror expecting some baaad eye makeup, but I have been pleasantly surprised since having found this bottle of wonderful. I tried Tony and Tina herbal eye base w/ so-so results. UDPP kicks T&Tina's butt!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't go a day without this product. I only use a very thin coat and my eyeshadow doesn't budge. It looks the same 10+ hours after I apply. I also have very oily eyelids. Impressive.

Edit: After using this for a few years, I've found that my lids are no longer tolerant of the formula. It makes my lids very irritated and dry no matter how little I use. I found another product and switched.

Video Reviews & Tutorials