November 28, 2014 | 1935 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2006 6:08:00 PM More reviews by 40sRock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually didn't think I really had a problem with my shadow shedding off through out the day,....but when I saw all these positive reviews on this product, I had to go out and buy the stuff just to check out what the hype is all about. Well, guess what...I guess I did have a problem with my shadow coming off little by little as the day went on...cuz I just went to the bathroom (at work right now - it's 3:00PM) and I looked in the mirror and it's as if I just put on my makeup. I've had my makeup on since 7:30 AM and my eyes STILL look really good. By this time of day I look all drawn out and tired...but nope...I look gooooooood. LOL! Even if you don't think you need this stuff, you're going to notice that you wish you tried it. Definately a good buy!

Also, just purchased the Smashbox Primer Photofinish too....no wonder I look so damn good..all this great stuff. (I am just hoping I don't start breaking out with the Smashbox primer...I heard after a week, it's possible to have a terrible outlay of pimples and breakout.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by GiselleRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG! This stuff is awesome!! I have been searching for an eye makeup primer for years. One that actually works that is. This is my HG! I put it on in the morning, and it keeps my eye makeup bright, fresh looking, and crease-free. What more could you ask?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2006 8:10:00 AM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Eureka, this beauty product actually works! I bought this with low expectations, because I didn't want to get my hopes up. So, I am pleasently surprized. This comes in a lilac box with potion embossed logos all over it. The potion itself is purple with a silver top, when the wand opens the base looks like a thin concealer. I rubbed in on my eyelids, and it feels kind of sticky and it dries clear. After letting it set about 10 minutes, apply eyeshadow, and you're good to go! Usually my eyeshadow is gone by two or three hours, but with this applied as a base, it will stay on all day! This products costs $14.99 at Sephora, but it's so worth it. A little goes a long way, I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Lineaus

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i waited too long to buy this... And now like most everyone else I'm in LOVE.
Great product... I use it from the wand...nice coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 3:13:00 AM More reviews by obeisance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For anyone on the fence about this stuff, let me give you a little push. I used to be a faithful user of F.y.eye... from Benefit for prepping the eyelid before applying shadow and I was pretty happy with it. My only real complaint was the unruly packaging that required me to dirty a brush when I wanted to use it. After hearing people rave about UD Primer Potion for a couple of months, I picked it up at Sephora last week and gave it a try.

F.y.eye... is *so* fired! UDPP is much easier to apply with it's little applicator wand and my shadow lasts for a much longer time now. I was blind and now I see. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought I would ever find a shadow primer that was HG but I think that is exactly what I have found. I have tried them all and this is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2006 8:03:00 PM More reviews by esteegal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is amazing I love it. I have oily lids and after a few hours I always have creases and when I use Benefit Lemon Aid it only takes minutes to crease. I can wear my make up form morning till bed and have no problem with creasing or fading. With the lemon aid though it still creases if I put it on top of the pp but if I put the pp over the lemon aid then it stays all day and night. There is a reason why people say this stuff is like crack. I had a hard time finding it instock to try and once I tried it I went back the next day and bought 2 more so If I have a hard time finding at Sephora when I run out I will always have back up.

Updated to add that it has now been 2 years and this is still my HG eye primer I even use it on days when i do not where eyemakeup to so people do not see the prominent blue veins in my lids and to keep from having shinny lids

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2006 7:13:00 PM More reviews by picassoraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't rave about this stuff enough. I have oily lids and shadows normally fade in a few hours, even good quality ones. I have tried all kinds of primers, from L'Oreal to Lumene to MAC to Guerlain. The Urban Decay one is the only one that works all day, without making my eyelids wrinkly-looking, or bumpy-looking. The Guerlain one is very nice, but very expensive. At $14.00 a tube from Ulta or Sephora, UD Primer Potion is the way to go. Cute tube, too. I can store it in one of my lipstick racks with no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by babyzebra

Finally found a store that wasn't sold out of this. Yes, the reviews are correct - this is an amazingly effective product. I have a tried a passal of other eye shadow bases (Lancome, Mary Kay, Laura Mercier, Trish concealer, etc), and have had problems with either ineffectiveness, or crepey-ness to my eye lids. This product is VERY effective, makes your shadow last, is colorless and weightless. No crepeyness! It is about $15, which is very reasonable. The packaging, while fun and interesting, is slightly bulky for my TM planner, but this is a minimal complaint. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by JudiWickham

This is first time in years that I have been able to wear eyeshadow all day! Usually it creases after an hour or two, no matter what brand of eyeshadow or primer I have used. Like some of the others here, I use my finger to smooth the potion on, let it set for maybe 30 seconds, then use a soft brush to apply/blend the eyeshadow. Et voila! Fantastic.