November 24, 2014 | 1385 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2006 8:10:00 AM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Eureka, this beauty product actually works! I bought this with low expectations, because I didn't want to get my hopes up. So, I am pleasently surprized. This comes in a lilac box with potion embossed logos all over it. The potion itself is purple with a silver top, when the wand opens the base looks like a thin concealer. I rubbed in on my eyelids, and it feels kind of sticky and it dries clear. After letting it set about 10 minutes, apply eyeshadow, and you're good to go! Usually my eyeshadow is gone by two or three hours, but with this applied as a base, it will stay on all day! This products costs $14.99 at Sephora, but it's so worth it. A little goes a long way, I will buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2006 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Lineaus

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i waited too long to buy this... And now like most everyone else I'm in LOVE.
Great product... I use it from the wand...nice coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2006 3:13:00 AM More reviews by obeisance

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For anyone on the fence about this stuff, let me give you a little push. I used to be a faithful user of F.y.eye... from Benefit for prepping the eyelid before applying shadow and I was pretty happy with it. My only real complaint was the unruly packaging that required me to dirty a brush when I wanted to use it. After hearing people rave about UD Primer Potion for a couple of months, I picked it up at Sephora last week and gave it a try.

F.y.eye... is *so* fired! UDPP is much easier to apply with it's little applicator wand and my shadow lasts for a much longer time now. I was blind and now I see. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never thought I would ever find a shadow primer that was HG but I think that is exactly what I have found. I have tried them all and this is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2006 8:03:00 PM More reviews by esteegal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is amazing I love it. I have oily lids and after a few hours I always have creases and when I use Benefit Lemon Aid it only takes minutes to crease. I can wear my make up form morning till bed and have no problem with creasing or fading. With the lemon aid though it still creases if I put it on top of the pp but if I put the pp over the lemon aid then it stays all day and night. There is a reason why people say this stuff is like crack. I had a hard time finding it instock to try and once I tried it I went back the next day and bought 2 more so If I have a hard time finding at Sephora when I run out I will always have back up.

Updated to add that it has now been 2 years and this is still my HG eye primer I even use it on days when i do not where eyemakeup to so people do not see the prominent blue veins in my lids and to keep from having shinny lids

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2006 7:13:00 PM More reviews by picassoraining

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't rave about this stuff enough. I have oily lids and shadows normally fade in a few hours, even good quality ones. I have tried all kinds of primers, from L'Oreal to Lumene to MAC to Guerlain. The Urban Decay one is the only one that works all day, without making my eyelids wrinkly-looking, or bumpy-looking. The Guerlain one is very nice, but very expensive. At $14.00 a tube from Ulta or Sephora, UD Primer Potion is the way to go. Cute tube, too. I can store it in one of my lipstick racks with no problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 2:03:00 PM More reviews by babyzebra

Finally found a store that wasn't sold out of this. Yes, the reviews are correct - this is an amazingly effective product. I have a tried a passal of other eye shadow bases (Lancome, Mary Kay, Laura Mercier, Trish concealer, etc), and have had problems with either ineffectiveness, or crepey-ness to my eye lids. This product is VERY effective, makes your shadow last, is colorless and weightless. No crepeyness! It is about $15, which is very reasonable. The packaging, while fun and interesting, is slightly bulky for my TM planner, but this is a minimal complaint. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2006 11:52:00 AM More reviews by JudiWickham

This is first time in years that I have been able to wear eyeshadow all day! Usually it creases after an hour or two, no matter what brand of eyeshadow or primer I have used. Like some of the others here, I use my finger to smooth the potion on, let it set for maybe 30 seconds, then use a soft brush to apply/blend the eyeshadow. Et voila! Fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Honeywell66

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff rocks. I prefer sheer, yet well-pigmented shadows, but they never seem to last. After an hour or two, poof! Shadow's gone. Primer Potion keeps the shadow in place, and looking good, for hours. Other lid primers are too dry and cakey. They might make the shadow look good, but they make your eyes look terrible. Primer Potion is lightweight, very sheer in coloring and isn't drying at all. And it works. You really can't beat it. It holds shadow and liner in place very well. Give it a shot.
UPDATE: Sounds crazy, but I've been dabbing the tiniest bit of this on my dark circles before applying concealer. It makes it last all day. I swear. This is a miracle product. LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Painted_Lady1981

At first, I was very reluctant to try this - partly because it seems to be like crack - you try it once, and after a while, you start going ballistic when it's OOS everywhere, and you seriously contemplate selling your eggs for a bottle. I was quite happy with MAC paints, and didn't want to get into the habit. But . . . then, I got some at a discount, and here are my impressions of it - particularly versus MAC paints.

It keeps the eyeshadow on, yes. But MAC paints win on sheer longevity - after 10 hours or so, my eyeshadow creases with UDPP. With MAC paints, it NEVER does.

Where UDPP does win, however, is appearance - it seems to intensify colors, and it never gives a "dry" appearance, which MAC paints can. This makes it easier to have dewy-looking eyes.

On packaging, both UDPP and MAC paints have their issues - MAC paints come in these annoying metal tubes that tend to suddenly expel about half the product with no way to get it back in the tube. UDPP has a tight stopper on top which makes it difficult to get all the product out - but I hear the stopper is removeable, so when it gets hard to pull out the product, I will take it out, and see how it works.

All in all, I have to give UDPP a 5 because it does the job, and it does it well. The price is also reasonable. However, if I run out and it is OOS, I don't think I will go to pieces :)