October 24, 2014 | 1781 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Glossaholic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is a new-find to me. Saw it mentioned here (I am not a big fan of MAC products) and since I am always trying new foundations, I had to try this. I am currently using NARS Sheer Glow and I like it a lot, but find the coverage is a little bit too much for everyday use, and I have been looking for something in between that and a tinted moisturizer. I believe that I have found it. I like the fact that the product is water-based, yet moves easily across the skin. I find the sheer coverage to be perfect, and I purchased it in N2 as I am quite pale. It softly evens out my skin tone, and gives a natural no-makeup look with just a touch of powder to set it. You get a lot of product for the money (currently $32 for 4 ounces) and the cheap-y squeeze bottle is actually quite convenient. Highly recommend for those who have "good" skin and need just a bit of coverage. Would definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Riri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have normal skin with few blemishes so I thought this would be perfect for me based on other reviews. The light coverage is amazing nd my face looked flawless! But after a while I noticed I broke out every time I used it even though I wash my makeup off every night. Others don't seem to have the same problem so if you don't have sensitive skin this foundation is absolutely amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:41:00 AM More reviews by jessxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this for a year now and at first I loved it, but that was back when I wasn't breaking out as much and when I didn't have acne scars. Now it's a nightmare. Of course, it isn't full coverage foundation, so I am not going to rate it like it is one. I still use this almost every day. I recommend this to people who have smooth skin and just want a little coverage and even toned skin. What I love about it is that it's super light! It doesn't give you that cakey feel. The price for the amount of product you get is a STEAL! I haven't bought liquid foundation in a year. I've had this for a year and I have half a bottle left -- you don't really need much. What's also great is you can use it on your body -- only downside is that it'll rub off. Oh and I use powder foundation to set this, and sometimes just translucent powder to sort of lock it in. Sometimes I can feel my face get oily by the end of the day. I don't like to keep this product on all day and into the night.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:28:00 AM More reviews by lovebrownie

***UPDATE 5/19/11***
OK, so I'm bumping this product down to a 3, solely because I don't think it has the best formulation for my oily skin. It looks so fresh and beautiful when first applied, but after a couple hours of wear, it doesn't look so hot anymore. Whether or not I set this product with a powder, the oils on my skin literally starts breaking down the foundation about 4 hours after wearing it, resulting in a blotchy, oil-slicked mess. It's definitely not water-resistant either, seeing as it rubs off and transfers everywhere. I don't know why I didn't notice this either, but the foundation never claims to be oil-free! Yikes. Good thing it hasn't really resulted in too many clogged pores for me. Photographs quite well; looks like skin, no white cast. But even in photographs, I looked way too greasy. Verdict: Probably won't repurchase and will probably give this bottle to my sister who has dry skin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have pretty problematic skin--combo-oily, dry around jaw and cheeks, extremely oily prone, redness in the cheeks, lots of hyperpigmentation, and the list of imperfections go on and on and on... That said, I feel like there's an overall assumption (probably spurred on by all the reviews of people saying how sheer this foundation is and how it's most likely not suitable for people with problem skin) that this foundation is only for people with perfect, near-flawless skin. Well, let me just DEBUNK THAT MYTH for you now, because my skin is FAR from perfect and this foundation has managed to cover up a lot of my flaws (not all of them but a good 90%) while still giving me that coveted no-makeup, natural look. "How?" you might ask. Well, let me explain.

First of all, YES, this is a sheer coverage foundation. HOWEVER, it is so ridiculously buildable. I mean, you can just put layer and layer and layer of this stuff on, and I feel like it'll never look cakey. The trick is really in the application. Like a lot of reviewers have said, use clean fingers to apply this. I think there's something about the warmth of your fingers that just makes the product take on a more creamy consistency. I usually put a thin layer on first, using clean fingers to massage the product onto my skin and working on one section at a time. Wait for that layer to sort of "set" (not become as sticky--and yes, it does feel sticky when you first put it on). Then I put on a second layer on areas where I need heavier coverage. It should be about medium coverage by then. After I wait for the second layer to set, I can even do more spot-concealing and pat on more product on specific acne scars or blemishes. The only thing is that although this foundation covers flaws well, it doesn't cover ALL flaws, like I mentioned earlier. You might want to use concealer on specific problem spots if you really want everything to be 100% concealed.

But if you want to achieve that "I'm not wearing makeup; my skin just looks this great" look, this foundation can't be beat. Oily-skin gals, you might want to set this with a powder and maybe even blot after 8 hours or so. With a good powder, this foundation lasts like 12-14 hours for me.

Bottom line: I'm really starting to think I've found my HG foundation with the MAC F&B. And I don't know if it's the MAC Cleanse-Off Oil or what ('cus I've been removing my makeup at night with that too) but honestly, my skin has never looked so clear, my pores have never looked so small, and no new blemishes! The other day when I was wearing the Face and Body, my best friend did a double-take and was like "Oh wow! Your skin looks really good! What have you been doing with it?" And it just felt so nice to get a comment like that instead of the usual comments that are along the lines of how good my "makeup/foundation" looks that day!

Will update in coming weeks to see if this continues to perform well!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I never thought I'd say this but I've found my HG foundation. I've tried so many, fallen in love with so many, but still felt the urge to go looking to try other things "just to see" what else was out there. After using this, I have absolutely NO desire to go looking for any other foundation. I am so floored by this...I've tried a lot of MAC foundations and hated every single one, so it took me a while to go try this. I started with a sample, and the MAC SA matched me with C1. I have a lot of redness in my cheeks, so to get rid of that is a MUST for me. I am also in love with MUFE F&B, so that is what MAC's was being compared to. Don't get me wrong, I still love MUFE, but the cons with MUFE are that its gel-like substance annoys me (I always get little pieces coming out and onto my face...), and it sets very quickly. Plus it's a glass bottle, so it stays in my house and not in my travel makeup bag. Also, it's quite expensive for such a small amount of product, considering how cheap MAC F&B is. I'll try not to repeat everything other reviews have sad, but it is definitely on the sheer, dewey side. I use my MAC 187 to apply this, and seriously, you can layer it on and this is NEVER cakey. You will always look natural, and I look like I have NO makeup on at all. I can't believe it. It's like it erases my redness, makes my skin look perfect, yet I can't see any sign of makeup on my face at all....it's almost weird. On me it does last a while but not exceptionally long...I have noticed that it "fades" on me after 7ish hours though, and by fades, I mean that you can start seeing the red in my cheeks coming back. It doesn't look uneven as it fades, just looks like the makeup has disappeared and there's my awful redness coming out to play again. When I touch this up after work if I'm going out again I just layer it back on. I used to have to wash my face and start my makeup over again or else it would look cakey, but not with this. Bottom line I adore this makeup, I won't be looking for another foundation ever unless this is discontinued. I'm please on every level there could possibly be with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Suitable for dry skin. Colour range is pretty good, I have the white F&B and N3 as I can be very pale or quite bronze throughout the year so I mix them to find my shade. While I love this stuff I can understand why other people might not be used to the sheer coverage, odd texture and method of application. Fingers or stippling/flat top brush are ideal, this will stick to the bristles and go on streaky it you use a regular foundation brush. The finish is generally dewy although it depends on how heavy your moisturizer is too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by KatieKindle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! Nothing looks as natural on my skin as Mac Face & Body. As I have gotten older I noticed that foundation does not sit as nicely on my skin as it used to. This product has replaced all the other anti-aging foundations I have tried - I can't even see it on my face after I apply it - it just evens out my skin tone. Always remember to apply sunscreen as it has no spf. I usually apply it with my fingers. I do agree with other reviews that it does dry quickly; however, it provides a beautiful finish on my super dry skin and it lasts all day after it dries. If you don't have problem skin I highly recommend this product for a super natural dewy finish!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a few months now. Overall, I like it. It's lightweight. It is a bit runny but I've gotten used to that. I do feel like at the end of the day, it makes my face feel a little oily, so I have to do a little touch up with powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Aw89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely a brilliant foundation for the day. It's lightweight and doesn't feel heavy on your skin but still gives good coverage. I have quite dry skin so the fact that it's quite watery means that it doesn't look cakey or dry out my skin either.

I can imagine it's quite an easy foundation to get wrong, automatically thinking that because it's quite watery when it comes out onto your hand that it's look watery on your face. And at first it does make your face look quite greasy and shiny but this is a foundation that NEEDS a good powder to set it and once that's done then then it makes you look flawless and gives you a glow.

I've tried a lot of foundations and the shade is a perfect match for my skin tone which I've never found before.

The only problems I have though is the way it's packaged. It's a big bottle so it lasts me ages but the top part of the bottle leaks everywhere so I always need to make sure it's upright so the product doesn't come out everywhere. Even when it stays upright on my dressing table the product leaks all around the top of the lid and I'm not sure how it manages to do that but it makes it a bit messy.

Also it always needs a good shake before use. When I bought it the first time I didn't shake it and so the first half of the bottle used came out quite watery, and the bottom half quite greasy.

Finally! I love it for the day time but I prefer something a little heavier if I'm going out. It still gives great coverage when I apply it but I think in my mind that I like to think I'm wearing something that I know is thicker when I apply it.

But ultimately a brilliant foundation, great match for my skin tone and one that I can wear every day and know that my skin looks flawless with a nice glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in C3. The color works well for now, but with the weather getting warmer, I know I'll be outside almost everyday. I will need to go darker. I may pick this up in C4. The bottle is HUGE, and the price is a steal. However, I know I'll never be able to finish it all. The coverage is very sheer. It does build though. Looks very natural on. Nice finish. I find I don't have to blot oil as much with this on, which is a plus. (My T Zone gets oily sometimes). This truly is waterproof too. I wore this to the pool for a parent-child swim class with my daughter, and I got splashed ALOT. When I got out of the pool, my foundation was still intact- didn't smudge or splash off one bit (unlike the Studio Moisture Tint, which was a hot mess after I wore it there). This is very liquidy. You need to shake it up before use. It applied very well with fingers (I never tried with a brush). I usually do two coats of this to get the desire coverage that I like. (My Tarte Smooth Operator TM covers ALOT more than this.) I use this when I want light natural coverage, and on days when I want something to be waterproof and last. This stuff really does last all day long. It's so sheer, that if the color isn't quite perfect, it will still look good. It's ashame this isn't sold at counters. It would make choosing a color so much easier, but oh well. I love the packaging of this too. If you're looking for something light and waterproof for summer, this is for you. I have sensitive skin, and this didn't irritate me. If you have sensitive skin and other MAC foundations have effected you, try this one.

I'm still curious to try MUFE's version of the F&B.

Edit:
4/27/11:
I've used this twice on pretty hot days, and it looks very natural. However, by the end of the day my face feels sticky with this on. I've never had this problem with any other foundation, and I don't like the feel of it. I took 2 lippies off. I do like the natural look for this though. I'll be trying MUFE's version.

Edit 5/9/11- Used this today with the Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Cajun over top as a bronzer, and I really like how it looked. It coverage pretty well. It's buildable- didn't look cakey at all and still natural. It held up nice in the hot weather. I just didn't like how it felt after I wore it to the pool. I do like how it looked though and on days when I want lighter coverage (I like my MUFE HD Foundation when I want good coverage), I'll be using this.

5/16- Just received this in the shade C4. I swapped out C3. I'm constantly in the sun in the summer, and I knew I'd never a darker shade. C4 works really well, and with 2 layers of this (applied with fingers), I get really good coverage. I'll be using this a lot this summer. I like this this doesn't break me out if I wear in several days in a row. My skin is sensitive, and that has happened with several foundations.

6/6/11- This is my all time favorite out of all of the foundations that I've tried so far. I'll be continuing to use this all summer. It's buildable without being cakey and doesn't feel heavy. LOVE it.