August 20, 2014 | 1999 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by yourmakeupgal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love, LOVE F&B Foundation!!!! It works great for most skin types but I think it looks best on dry - normal skin. It's water based and has a natural finish. Once the makeup sets, it is waterproof and doesn't budge. I wear F&B and hardly ever need touch-ups throughout the day. And I've never once had a breakout due to this foundation. F&B is great for adding colour to the body (without tanning) such as on the arms and legs. The formula is buildable so you can use just what is needed where it is needed which leads to the most natural look. F&B is best applied with a short fibre foundation brush (MAC #190) or a round blush brush (MAC #109). These are best for buffing the makeup into the skin, especially when there is some texture to be dealt with. I like to work a little concealer into F&B and use around the nose area for maximum coverage and longevity. I've noticed F&B also seems to increase hydration in the skin and make skin appear more supple (especially when properly moisturized first).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by megjane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

**Update**

After trying to work with F&B for a little bit I've discovered that I actually keep coming back to it for certain things. It's still not a good overall foundation, because the coverage isn't full enough for me.

I use it on the bags under eyes because it's so thin it doesn't crease up or look super unnatural. It doesn't look white under my eyes in flash photography. I apply it over concealer on pimples to make it the coverage last longer and to make it more smooth/natural. I love using it to cover up the redness around my nose, it covers my pores and never makes that area look dry. Also, if I know that I'm going to have flash photos taken, I'll apply a really thin layer over my regular foundation.

So weird, but I'm kind of starting to love F&B.

**Original Review**
Girls who are trying to get fuller coverage out of F&B might find my review useful...

For reference, I'm very fair with yellow undertones. I have a lot of redness on my cheeks, dark circles and a little bit of acne to cover. I got this in C1 and it's a very good match for my skin color. I find that the yellow helps to even out my redness. I normally use Colorstay in Buff.

I bought this based on the positive MUA and makeup blog reviews. I didn't like the fact that my Colorstay has such a full matte coverage. I have pretty dry skin so I thought that I would look good in a more dewy finish. I'm super disappointed, but I have to admit to myself that I do not like MAC face and body! I knew going into this that it was going to be a lighter coverage but I have been really unhappy with it even as light around the house makeup.

I tried two methods of application: a F80 sigma brush and my fingers. I found the best way to apply was to use my fingers and pat the foundation down rather than spread it.

PROS:

-Great package design. The squeeze bottle makes it very easy to get out the right amount of foundation. Considering it has a very runny consistency, I can't imagine any other bottle really working.

-Good color match. The foundation is quite sheer, and therefor very forgiving. I can only really speak for my extremely fair skin, but I thought it was a good match for me.

-Looks great in flash photography (unlike my old standby Colorstay). I agree with everyone here about that! No ghostly white cast - just dewy, healthy looking skin. It looks like I am not wearing any make up!

CONS:

- The coverage sucks. It just wasn't enough. Some reviewers have said that this foundation is buildable to maybe a medium coverage. I disagree. I thought that I could do a thin coat, let that dry for a few minutes and then do another thin coat. This method did not cover very well and left me feeling like I had a lot of make up on my face. The second layer also started to make it look mask-like which is annoying considering I wasn't even getting great coverage. I also tried to do just one thicker layer rather than two thin layers. That looked fake too. It's like: "you can tell I'm wearing tons of make up but my skin still looks like crap". Frustrating!

- The texture and finish are pretty terrible. I could get over the fact that the coverage is not great if it dried nicely. This wasn't the case. Basically it just sits on top of my face and feels very moist to the touch all day long. The first time after I applied it I waited and waited for it to get dry so I could set it with powder but it never really fully dried. It's so soft and slidey that it built up in my smile lines and on my forehead. On top of that, it rubs off on everything! My phone, my husband, my clothes. I tried all different kind of combinations to get this to work: Primer, no primer. Moisturizer, no moisturizer. Powder, no powder. I tried just one thin layer to see if I was just putting it on too thick, nope same thing.. When wearing this, I was afraid to touch my face at all for fear of messing up my makeup. I also noticed that by the end of the day it was starting to separate into little blotches and dots on my cheeks. I have never experienced this before with a foundation! I guess this is what everyone calls "patchy". I was surprised to hear that people use this for a summer foundation. I really don't like the combination of sunscreen under F&B because it is too moist already and the sunscreen just exaggerates that.

In conclusion...

The best thing I found was to use a combination of colorstay and F&B. However, I found myself using more and more colorstay...so I'd say that if I am going for a more natural, dewy look I could just ditch the F&B and use a little bit more moisturizer and less Colorstay! This product is useless to me :(

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by KMSA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an old favourite - gives a beautiful finish, and you can build it up where needed. Better when used with a brush. I often use it in conjunction with a heavier foundation on my T zone. Perfect for people who need more than a tinted moisturiser, but want less than a full foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jenifa305

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I origanily bought this product because i am in a what i would call a ''TIGHT BUDGET'' and it is alot of product for the money ...but now i find this product has a very sheer finish.I find this product does not provide full coverage it mostly gives a medium light coverage i dont want to say , but i dont have a single flaw in my skin, with that said i dont think this product will be helpfull for those with minimul acne i suggest a stronger foundation.Also, this product i find is very watery .If you already bought this product and don't know what to do with it you can mix it with a stronger foundation (it mixes beautifully) to get a sheer and great coverage save money and get more foundation.This product is very long lasting.Overal i find it works very well for me and my skin type. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Pepelyashka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using this product 2 weeks ago and I love it, it has a natural finish and is long-lasting. I use C2 or C3 and top with MAC Blot Powder in Medium because all other powders oxidize on my face, and I love the veil it covers the face with. The smell is weird at first, but you get used to it pretty quickly, and so far I haven't experienced problems with stickiness or blending as some other users have- I apply it with 187, stipple and then swirl and it blends beautifully and seamlessly. When not primed, my forehead and nose get shiny on about 4-5 hours(oily T zone), but when I use Prep&Prime primer it stays perfect for over 10 hours, with a very slight sheen on the T zone, without blotting or doing absolutely anything. I love how buildable the coverage is, yet I have fairly clear skins without severe imperfections so I can't tell how it would look on acne for example. Great product for a great price, practical packaging, would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by ORB1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a confessed mac junkie. The fact that I have pro card doesn't help, but this is by far the best foundation of any brand that I have tried. When I am wearing my everyday makeup I apply it with a stippling brush. I use N9 with a drop of C7 and the combo is perfect. It doesn't make my skin look too red, like every other foundation that's supposed to be for WOC. Also, I have dry skin and this formula lasts all day without drying me out. This is a winner in my book. Also face and body is the only foundation of any brand that hasn't made my skin breakout, even some MAC foundations have made me breakout. I was blessed with good skin and often get mistaken for being 10 years younger, face and body just enhances that. I read someone's review and she said she had prob blending it, so did I at first. Try applying with a stippling brush, stipple on nd blend in circular motions. That's should work fine. UPDATE: I am allergic to not only all MAC foundations, but to their face & body too. I will only use this on clients. I have now found other foundations that do not break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd say this is in between a tinted moisturizer and a light foundation. When I first applied it with my fingers, it felt very tacky and wet--didn't like that much. Then I tried applying it with a sponge which took care of the tacky feeling. Dries to a satin finish. Feels light. Nice even coverage and evens out skin tone. It does not handle oil very well though. I have oily skin, so I'm getting oily at some point during the day. There are some foundations that as the oil starts coming through, still look good, and don't make me look shiny. I still need to blot, but i don't look like a grease ball. Then there are other foundations that totally break down at the first sign of oil and start caking up--this is one of those foundations :( Maybe because it's water based (?). I don't know, but I only looked good for two hours in this makeup and then I had to take it off--I couldn't even touch it up it was that bad. Oh well. I'm still giving it a 3 because my skin looked pretty dang good when first applied, and maybe if you're not as oily as me this will be a good foundation for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Sienna2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At LOOONG last I found my favourite foundation! I have beent trying new foundations for years and never been happy with any of them, there was always something lacking....to matte, to cakey, to shiny, to thick and unnatural, etc. But thx to the reviews here on MUA I am finished searching! I used to spend hours reading reviews and then purchasing all the top reviewed ones. I can't believe I put so much energy into make up, what a waste of time and money! I am a full-time mom to 2 beautiful toddlers and this make up still looks good at the end of a busy day! I have never been happier with my foundation, hope FAB never discontinues!! LOVE IT!! C2 is my perfect colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by StudentNurse88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect foundation if you're after something light feeling on your skin. I am a nurse and wear this to work as it's so comfortable to wear and has buildable coverage. I'm normally nw15/20 in mac foundations and N2 was perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by rogsweetie03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am allergic to practically every MAC foundation and powder I've tried, but after trying Make Up For Ever's Face and Body Foundation, I was very curious about MAC's version. Both foundations are fantastic, but MAC is the winner for me because MUFE's only light yellow-toned color (32 Alabaster Beige) is a bit too dark for me and the shade down (20 Ivory) is the right depth, but too olive. MUFE also has a very strong synthetic rose fragrance. MAC's Face and Body in C2 is a lighter yellow tone and smells of synthetic oranges. Unlike MUFE's fragrance, MAC's fragrance is significantly lighter and dissipates quickly.

In terms of blendability, MUFE is easier to work with because it stays wet significantly longer than MAC. With MUFE, I can dot my entire face with foundation and then blend. With MAC, I can only place foundation on one section of my face at a time. Otherwise, the foundation dries and becomes too difficult to work with.

I also prefer MAC because it is $32 for a 4 oz bottle, whereas MUFE is $36 for a 1.69 oz bottle.