MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

So I've been using this for a week now & I think it's safe to say that I love this foundation! This is probably my favorite foundation everrr! It's very sheer coverage but VERY buildable if you layer it. When I was researching this I thought, EW! Layering MAC foundation? Seems super heavy & unnatural but I assure you, that's not the case! I love tinted moisturizers but hate the staying power, and this is perfect! It gives my skin a pretty, dewy finish but I apply a thin layer of powder on top. The price may seem a little steep but you get 4 oz it's HUGE! I'm usually an NC30, NC35 & I got N3 & its perfect! I will definitely be repurchasing this in like 2 years when I need some more lol

****I have pretty sensitive skin and this didn't break me out or anything.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like this foundation, its coverage is light-medium but buildable. I don't like to use it on my face as it breaks me out...not sure what ingredient in it does because I am fine with all other MAC foundations. I use it on my body for photographs as I like to look a shade paler than my natural coloring and cover minor scars and blemishes on my legs. Price is expensive but mine lasted 2 years with continual use over 2 summers. I don't use it in winter. I will definately repurchase

Very light coverage. Can add a second layer if need be. Imparts a lovely, dewy finish. Great for winter when it's dry & for summer when you don't want to look overly made up. Colour selection has been a challenge for me, I mix this with other foundations to get the right shade.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I read so many raves about this foundation that I ordered it online. My skin is in great condition (no redness, hypigmentation or flakiness), so I don't need full coverage.

I prefer matte or semi-matte to dewy foundations, which is the reason I should have picked up a sample of F &B, though the store location is inconvenient. I have been wearing MAC Matchmaster for several months and have no complaints.

This foundation makes me look sweaty and it emphasizes the pores, that I would rather hide.

SInce there's so much in the bottle and I don't want to return it to MAC online store, today I decided to apply Maybelline Dream Matte powder over. It adds a matte finish without being heavy. It looked great! Now I have an acceptable way to wear it.

EDIT: 4-6-13

I have found a better way to use up this product:

I mix a bit of it with Estee Lauder Camoflauge Face and Body Foundation, since it's thick and matte. They're beautiful together and it's now my favorite combo. I now have a tendency to ignore the ton of other foundation brands I own.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have a number of foundations that I could use and be happy with, however, looking like a white ghost or getting a white face/brown neck situation in photographs wasn't something I was too fond of.
So off I went and carried out some research in particular looking for foundations that have no SPF and look great in photos etc. and was pointed in the direction of this and MUFE Face and Body which apparently is used by MUA's for the purpose of looking good on camera! Even better, when I realised that you get 4x the amount in this bottle than your average foundation, for approx the same cost!!
(Quick aside here..at the time I purchased this, F&B was around £21, just checked now and its £25! Sacre bleu! So while yes that is expensive, I've rated it relative to the amount you're getting for that price).
So I bought C4, and because it is so thin and water-based it took me a few attempts to apply it to get the coverage I need. If someone wants full coverage with no blemishes and a perfectly blank clear canvas, this is not for you.

However it is buildable to just around medium, what I do is give the bottle a good shake, apply one thin layer with fingers, leave it for 20secs or so, then apply another layer, leave again and finally one last one depending on how much coverage I want. You're face can be quite greasy looking immediately after application, however leaving it for half a minute or so lets it settle and you can see how much more coverage you want. I then set it with Mineralize Skinfinish after which I apply any blusher etc.
Another thing I also do now is, if I sometimes want more coverage but still want to maintain a dewy look I either put one layer of this on, let it settle and apply my Giorgio Armani LSF/MAC SFF or I mix a drop in with one of the heavier foundations and then apply.

It gives a very nice glow, and gives a dewy finish and lets your own skin shine through letting people assume I'm wearing no foundation :) and it does last around 7-8 hours I would say which I think is mainly due to the powder. Also your skin feels like your skin, not like you have shovelled on layers of makeup.
It's perfect for dry skin. One downside is that when I'm in a rush and want to quickly put something on, I wouldn't go for this. To get good coverage with this, I think for me the apply-leave-apply-leave routine works best which I just can't do quickly.
Finally, yes, it does look amazingly flawless in photographs!!
Hope this helps, thanks for reading :)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Oh man. I love this stuff. I usually use Wet N Wild Tinted Moisturizer in Sunkissed but i decided to splurge and by this after a few reccomendations on Makeupalley. Im N3 (have no idea what that means). At first it seems really light, but once properly blended it becomes one with my skin. It gives a beautiful glow and allows freckles and beauty marks to show through but evens out your skin tone. It does get a little oily after a few hours so use a Matte Powder like Dream Matte by Maybelline to set it and your good to go

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My favourite foundation. Don't expect much coverage - it is very very light and will only slightly even out the tone, but I actually prefer that and then go over pigmentation spots with a concealer.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm not really a fan of light coverage foundations because I like having a lot more coverage. But for some reason I like this foundation! If I wear it, I wear it with MAC Studio Fix Powder on top or a similar pressed powder to give me a little more coverage, but then it's still not as much coverage as I would normally wear. Another way I like to use Face & Body is by applying it under my usual foundation. I watched this on a video on MAC's youtube page and thought I would give it a try. It covers all of the minor imperfections ready for my regular foundation, and because it is so light it doesn't make my face feel heavy or look like I'm caked in foundation. It makes my skin look so much better & gives your second layer of foundation something to 'stick' to I suppose... It is of course great value for money because you are getting a huge amount of product for the same product as any other MAC foundation. I would suggest playing around with this product, and see what suits you best in terms of how you apply & wear it, there is more than enough in the bottle to do this without the worry of wasting it!

i've been wanting to try this forever but i read a lot of review saying that it is very easy to break out from this due to it being waterproof which made me hesitant. i decided to take the plunge and get it anyway after being fed up with all of my other foundations looking too obvious on my skin. this makeup is nearly invisible. i mean that in the best way possible because it evens everything out but there is no trace of makeup and it doesn't feel heavy at all. it makes your skin look very healthy and leaves a dewy finish. the bottle is also huge and will probably last me my entire life. only thing i have an issue with is that the color seems a tad too dark for my nw15 skin. this is probably something only i notice though. it lasts nicely on my combo skin too. usually after an 8 hour shift of moving around and most likely touching my face my makeup is nearly all worn off but face and body seems to last. as for removing it, i wash my face twice. once with a makeup removing cleanser and another time with a salicylic acid cleanser and my clarisonic. i already have an issue with clogged pores but i don't think this foundation has caused too many. i say give it a go and if you don't like it, just return it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've been eyeing this foundation for awhile now, and just picked it up during a MAC store haul. I have normal skin with the occasional period break out, slight redness around the nose, and a pore or two here or there that's slightly large. My nose can get slightly shiny during the day, but nothing crazy. In other words, my skin is pretty nice overall. I don't like the feel of heavy foundations, and I heard really good things about this stuff. I wanted something sheer that would cover up my slight redness but still let my natural skin shine through. This delivers. **NOTE - if you are someone who likes full coverage, this is NOT the product for you. However, it is buildable, so you can add a 2nd or 3rd layer without it looking cakey, and still managed to look natural. For reference, I am between an NW20 - NW25 with mostly pink undertones. I fall into the neutral category. The SA matched me to an N3, and it blends seamlessly into my skin.

The consistency is creamy and sheer. I only use a pea sized amount and it spreads really nice. It comes off as only a tad bit heavier than tinted moisturizer, and it feels really natural on your skin. The SA put MAC's Strobe Cream on before the F&B and then used the 187 brush to blend in the F&B all over my face. She then lightly dusted my T-zone with MAC Select Sheer pressed powder. When she was done, she handed me a mirror and told me to walk outside and check it out in the sun. WOW. Lovely, dewy finish. I ended up buying the Strobe Cream as well (LOVE IT).

There are couple CONS to this foundation for me. One, I do not like that it does not have an added sunscreen to it. But I wear an SPF lotion before I put on make-up so that remedies that. Two, it's waterproof and while some might find that a plus, I don't. However, I feel like the PROS overpower those issues for me, so it's worth it.

**TIP: Some have said that this foundation made them break out. The SA told me that you need to be sure you're using a waterproof make-up remover to break it up when you take it off. In other words, your normal cleanser won't cut it. I picked up Rimmel's oil-free waterproof make-up remover and it did the trick. Then I followed with my usual cleanser.

The price might sound high, but like others here have said, the amount you get is really worth it. It's 4oz for $33 and will last forever because you don't need a lot. The packaging is cute. It kind of reminds me of a craft store bottle of glue or something. It's plastic, which I love...so in case you drop it, it won't shatter. I rated it a 4 simply b/c I wish it was not waterproof and had SPF, but has nothing to do with the performance. I plan to re-purchase.

**EDIT: This stuff is AH-MAY-ZING. And after a little more research, it turns out this stuff actually DOES have some sunscreen in it. I looked on CosDNA and there are a few things in it that are actually sunscreens, even though the bottle doesn't say so. Weird. I've only been using this stuff for a few days and I AM IN LOVE. I have not broken out (fingers crossed) and I can't believe how versatile this product is. I use a light wash of it over my entire face with a duo fibre brush, and then take a little more with my fingers and pat over a blemish I have and it covers it like a concealer. Mind you, my skin is pretty nice so I'm not saying someone with problem skin will be able to conceal major problems areas, but for what I need it to do, it performs amazingly well and feels like my skin.

Video Reviews & Tutorials