MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 7/1/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've had this for a week now. I did have problems getting the correct color at first. I'm NC42 and the sales people at MAC kept insisting that I use C6 which was too dark for me. It looked like I went bronzer happy and honestly, I'm dark enough as it is so why on earth would I want a bronzer gone crazy look?! I finally went back to the MAC store for the 3rd time and insisted on getting the C5 which, as I always thought it would be... perfect. I've had it on all day in 85 degree weather and it's stayed on just fine. I have combo skin and while my t-zone could use a little bit of blotting, that's all that is needed. I've been BY the pool with the kids splashing me and the foundation didn't come off so it looks like it's water resistant enough. Tomorrow I will be at an amusement/water park and see how this holds up after that. If stays on, well, I'll have to bump this up to a 5 rating.
My application: I washed my face, put on spf15 Olay moisturizer and let it soak in. I then applied this with a stippling brush, waited a couple of minutes and then reapplied some more where I needed more coverage. While it didn't completely cover my freckles (or, gasp, age spots!) it did cover my dark under eye circles, slightly reddish nose, and fading acne scars. I was worried about what other reviewers have mentioned about a tacky feel but I don't really feel that. It feels just fine on my face after a long hot California day.
I like how much product you get for the price. Overall, I'll probably be purchasing this again once it runs out unless the MUFE Face and Body beats it out (I'll have to try that one next).

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this a couple of weeks ago as I had been looking for a light-weight, comfortable foundation that wouldn't melt in the heat of italian summers. This is exactly what I wanted: easy peasy to apply (I just use my fingers, spreads nicely and dries quickly); light coverage, although if I let it dry I find it layers quite well; natural, skinlike look, with just a little sheen to it. I usually go over it with a translucent powder just to mattify a little and to help it last longer. I have oily skin which combined with summer sweating usually makes me look shiny after a couple of hours, but I was pleasantly surprised with this: it still looks good after a whole day. I use this combined with the moisturecover concealer and I find they work well together. I chose colour C1 and even when I am a little more tan than usual the coverage is so light that it allows me to use it, I just top it off with a little bronzer.
all in all I am very well pleased with this product and I will repurchase when I finish it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I have been meaning to write a review for this product for a while, and i LOVE IT!!!!

The price seems a little ridiculous when you first see it ($32 in the US), however, this bottle is 4.0 oz and it will last you FOREVER. I have been using it everyday for about 3 months now and I am just now making a dent in it (I have about 4/5th left). So don't let the price get you down, you will use this product forever and ever (and if you dont use it everyday, put it in the fridge so it doesnt separate too much and go bad).

As far as application goes, there are numerous ways to put it on depending on the coverage that you want. For the most coverage and a "dewy" look you should use a stippling brush, i put it on a CD, apply some to the brush and stipple it on to your face. You can add more coverage where needed. Some people use a sponge, I like this technique as well and even though it is a water based foundation and it will absorb very quickly the finish is AMAZING, and it allows you to apply heavier coverage in certain areas if you need to...but im a sponge girl in general. I also like to apply it with my hands, and then go over any spots that need more coverage with sponge and/or my concealer (MAC studio finish). The product "wears" best when it is warmed up, so rubbing it into your skin will give you the best coverage and make it look the most natural. Afterwards I will dust it with my Mineralize Skinfinish Natural...and my skin looks like my skin, just wayyyyy better. If your skin gets oily (which it will be more likely to do so with this foundation) I like to use a makeup sponge (the one I suggested you NOT use to apply the product) or go over with more MSF. Also...this product is virtually undertone free, I know that a lot of foundations can make you look too pink or orange, as long as you dont get a shade thats too dark or light (which can make you look muddy) it will mute your skin redness and not show up pink/orange/not natural on your skin.

I have pretty good skin, with only minor scaring from really old acne, and this makeup is amazing. I can put it on alone, or apply a little concealer on the spots i need to and my skin looks great. I have sensitive skin and I can sleep in this makeup and it won't break me out, it also doesnt seem to settle into pores.

Overall, probably one of the best foundations I've ever used, and if you dont need super coverage this is perfect for you bc it looks exactly like your skin just way better. I hope this helps!

UPDATE: I have been using this foundation FOREVER (almost a year) and i have more than half the bottle left, I am tempted to go buy more just in case some disaster happens (would they ever stop making it?) its still flawless application, and fingers are still the best way to put it on, ive even bought baby wipes that i ONLY use to wipe the makeup off my fingers. i really suggest that everyone that wears foundation have this in their makeup kit, its priceless in my mind. also, if you find that you cannot finish it fast enough, place it in your fridge and save keeping, it doubles the shelf life of the product. This is usually my cooler weather foundation bc my skin gets soooo oily in the summer...so i only reach for it sparingly when its super hot (unless im plan on being by the water...its great water resistant)...so i pop it in the fridge...and anytime i need to use it i just shake it up.

on 6/28/2011 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I like the finish. I like that it is very light and is good for days when you feel like you wouldn't want a heavy cover. However, it doesn't cover my dry patches even after a few layers. Otherwise, I have very dry skin and it goes on really nicely and lightly.

Its not that expensive but neither is it a bargain. Its an okay price I would pay for a foundation. The bottle is quite large as well and would last quite a long time. Packaging feels a bit cheap but is the normal pouring style for liquid foundation.

I probably wouldn't buy it again because I'd try something else. My HG at the moment is BB skin foundation and this just isn't as great.

on 6/28/2011 5:24:00 AM

I bought this in summer being NC40 but I think now I'm a NC30, I've used it for 5 months now and love it! I always get compliments coz it looks so natural on me. Its sheer but buildable so when you want to build more coverage just add another layer on. I will definitely be buying more! The price is super cheap because you get 4 times as much as you do with other foundations.

But its 75$nzd which is super expensive for a student like me! but its worth it.

on 6/27/2011 7:27:00 PM

Skin Type: Dry/Normal
Skin Tone: NC (Warm tones)
I'm a NC30

I really wanted to like this foundation because there were so much hype about it. But sadly, it broke me out. It made my dry/normal skin even MORE dry.
I wouldn't recommend this to people who have dry/normal skin even if it's waterbased. The lady at the counter told me when I returned this product that because it's waterbased and waterproof it's actually leaning more towards people with oily skin as it's suppose to control the oils.

Shucks, I really did like the finish of it but ... -sighs- :(

on 6/26/2011 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a truly good foundation if you pick it for the right reasons. What it doesn't provide is coverage, but all its other attributes are spot-on. It basically has the lowest coverage ever - like a tinted moisturizer. It just evens out the skintone, unless you have big issues with acne, general redness or rosascea; it's not potent enough to cover or disguise imperfections, let alone breakouts or discoloration. It provides a uniform result, and that's as far as it goes, however you can build it up to a sort of medium coverage after you let the first layer dry and then reapply. So you're thinking, why would I want a foundation that almost doesn't act like one? Well, because it kicks ass in other domaines: It looks incredibly natural, I'd say invisible. It's undetectable, nearly impossible for the naked eye or the camera lens to trace it. It goes on so thin and sheer and liquidy and runny, and all that inconvenient stuff which, nonetheless, translates to a very natural finish. It gives a dewy look to the skin and it doesn't cake up, doesn't settle into fine lines, doesn't cling to dry patches and, although it's quite glowy, it doesn't accentuate my pores. Besides, it's so long lasting. When you first put it on it feels rather sticky and unpleasant, but soon as it dries, it's transfer-proof. Also looks great on the decolletage and shoulders, or even on the legs on a summer night, as it unifies the entire area and makes it look healthy and moisturized. Another plus is it looks just as good set with powder - so long as the powder isn't overly heavy. Bottom line, this foundation is, minus the coverage "problem", perfect in my opinion: Light, budge-resistant, long-lasting, dewy, natural. It's actually not ideal for me at all, however I couldn't help but give it the lippies I think it deserves, even though it doesn't fulfill my needs. I have problem skin and I need to do a whole lot of concealing work on top of this every time I wear it. But if I have the time to do it, I just don't mind that much, since it works absolutely perfect for daytime. I can wear it to class and look awake and revived, yet far from made-up. Recommended for people with already good skin, or for those of us who don't mind spot-concealing afterwards because the overall finish is just that good. Would repurchase.

on 6/24/2011 9:40:00 PM

After only 1 use of this f/d I couldnt wait to write a review! I think this may be HG for me. It's very light, which I really prefer now that I have basically good skin i just need evening out and some color to my face. After 6 hours of wear, I don't feel like my face is in oil slick already, and the shade (N2) couldn't be a better match. It's just very nuetral..not yellow, not pink, not orange, not gray..it's just truly the color of skin and so I beleive it doesn't really look like I'm wearing f/d. It works well to put powder on top of it..it helps to set it b/c it is a very light and runny f/d and you may need to extra help from powder if tend to be oily. But anyhow in conclusion...HUGE bottle that could last you a year maybe, natural light coverage...as long as my skin stays good and I don't have acne return this will probably be my go-to. It's so hard to find good f/d so I'm soooo happy with this!!

on 6/23/2011 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Bought this foundation while on South Beach and is my go to on hot sweaty days. I like it because it is liquid but light. Initially it did have a tendency to cause my t-zone to go into oil overdrive but I conquered that by applying a silicone based primer underneath and then a mattifier on top. You can only get this in a Pro/stand alone MAC store or online. The color may confuse you because it looks awful dark inside the container but once it is applied to the skin it can be very orange/reddish. Multi-use formula can be used as stated on the face and the body. My recommendation is not to use it if you don't plan to keep your clothing or other surfaces stain free. My shade is C7 which equates to MSF NW45

on 6/23/2011 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin so I am glad that this is water-based since some of the MAC foundations I have tried seem to break me out. This provides me with lightweight coverage and is also long lasting (which was a huge selling point for me). It has a satin finish and when I set it with my Dream Matte powder (Maybelline), I don't look too oily. Because of the runny formula, I find it best to use a flat brush because it spreads this more easily and doesn't absorb too much of the foundation. If your looking for a lightweight coverage, try this but you may need to use a bit more concealer to even out redness. I would buy again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials