July 30, 2014 | 1249 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by ORB1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a confessed mac junkie. The fact that I have pro card doesn't help, but this is by far the best foundation of any brand that I have tried. When I am wearing my everyday makeup I apply it with a stippling brush. I use N9 with a drop of C7 and the combo is perfect. It doesn't make my skin look too red, like every other foundation that's supposed to be for WOC. Also, I have dry skin and this formula lasts all day without drying me out. This is a winner in my book. Also face and body is the only foundation of any brand that hasn't made my skin breakout, even some MAC foundations have made me breakout. I was blessed with good skin and often get mistaken for being 10 years younger, face and body just enhances that. I read someone's review and she said she had prob blending it, so did I at first. Try applying with a stippling brush, stipple on nd blend in circular motions. That's should work fine. UPDATE: I am allergic to not only all MAC foundations, but to their face & body too. I will only use this on clients. I have now found other foundations that do not break me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by ppinkrroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'd say this is in between a tinted moisturizer and a light foundation. When I first applied it with my fingers, it felt very tacky and wet--didn't like that much. Then I tried applying it with a sponge which took care of the tacky feeling. Dries to a satin finish. Feels light. Nice even coverage and evens out skin tone. It does not handle oil very well though. I have oily skin, so I'm getting oily at some point during the day. There are some foundations that as the oil starts coming through, still look good, and don't make me look shiny. I still need to blot, but i don't look like a grease ball. Then there are other foundations that totally break down at the first sign of oil and start caking up--this is one of those foundations :( Maybe because it's water based (?). I don't know, but I only looked good for two hours in this makeup and then I had to take it off--I couldn't even touch it up it was that bad. Oh well. I'm still giving it a 3 because my skin looked pretty dang good when first applied, and maybe if you're not as oily as me this will be a good foundation for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Sienna2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At LOOONG last I found my favourite foundation! I have beent trying new foundations for years and never been happy with any of them, there was always something lacking....to matte, to cakey, to shiny, to thick and unnatural, etc. But thx to the reviews here on MUA I am finished searching! I used to spend hours reading reviews and then purchasing all the top reviewed ones. I can't believe I put so much energy into make up, what a waste of time and money! I am a full-time mom to 2 beautiful toddlers and this make up still looks good at the end of a busy day! I have never been happier with my foundation, hope FAB never discontinues!! LOVE IT!! C2 is my perfect colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:55:00 AM More reviews by StudentNurse88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect foundation if you're after something light feeling on your skin. I am a nurse and wear this to work as it's so comfortable to wear and has buildable coverage. I'm normally nw15/20 in mac foundations and N2 was perfect for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by rogsweetie03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am allergic to practically every MAC foundation and powder I've tried, but after trying Make Up For Ever's Face and Body Foundation, I was very curious about MAC's version. Both foundations are fantastic, but MAC is the winner for me because MUFE's only light yellow-toned color (32 Alabaster Beige) is a bit too dark for me and the shade down (20 Ivory) is the right depth, but too olive. MUFE also has a very strong synthetic rose fragrance. MAC's Face and Body in C2 is a lighter yellow tone and smells of synthetic oranges. Unlike MUFE's fragrance, MAC's fragrance is significantly lighter and dissipates quickly.

In terms of blendability, MUFE is easier to work with because it stays wet significantly longer than MAC. With MUFE, I can dot my entire face with foundation and then blend. With MAC, I can only place foundation on one section of my face at a time. Otherwise, the foundation dries and becomes too difficult to work with.

I also prefer MAC because it is $32 for a 4 oz bottle, whereas MUFE is $36 for a 1.69 oz bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by checotah44

I really like the new MAC foundation that is pro long wear but I HAD to try this foundation after all the good reviews. First off, I purchased C1 which I will say IS a nice shade and not quite so yellow as say NC15 or NC20, but since I'm very fair, I had to order the "white" version of this foundation to mix on my hand with it to lighten it a bit. YES THEY HAVE WHITE IN THIS FOUNDATION....for us pale gals. I would never had known this had it not been for some reviews quite a few pages along that mentioned that MAC carries white.I'm not sure if you can get it a the pro stores but is iS NOT on the website. I called the number from the MAC website and sure enough, the white version of the face and body is not on the website but you can order it so I did. I'm sure I am going to like this foundation much more once the color is a tad lighter.

The foundation itself is runny and once you start rubbing it on your face, it sort of thickens and gets more "grabby"...and the color tends to darken a bit as it seems to "thicken" on your face. I really like this foundation. It gives you a glow but a natural glow...not a sparkly disco ball glow. The glow does tone down a bit ones the foundation sets. I am combination skin and so this glow look really is new for me since I previously always wanted my face to be matte but it looks so healthy with the glow. I can see some days me wearing it with a light dusting of powder and some days trying it alone and using blotting papers. It does have a natural "skin" look but better. Healthy. Glowing. I really do like it and hope i can still wear it in the summers of Nebraska (Humid city)...but we'll see. I will update once I get the white color to let you know how that works out. I'm so glad and thankful that they have white as an option, otherwise, this foundation probably wouldnt work for me because it is just a tad too dark for my NC 15 skin.

update: 3-12-11: I just received my white shade in the face and body to mix to make a lighter shade. I mix it on my hand and then put it on my face and wait a few seconds until my face "warms' up the makeup and then spread it around. The white works magic to help lighten the shade and its not hard to do and comes in the same huge bottle as the other foundation colors. this foundation does take a while to set but when it does, it looks so natural and healthy and glowy but not greasy.
EDIT march 2013, now using Aveeno BB cream in Fair/Light...its my holy grail!!! Looks like skin but glowy....not greasy and light enough for NC 15. Try it

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is wonderful on my dry face and gives a nice dewy finish. I use a shade that is more yellow than my face tone and it ends up evening out my complexion to match the rest of my tanned body.
It was around $40 but I don't think I'll run out for a long time. I don't pat it on with a sponge because it gets too thick, I like that a little spread around the face looks wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by channy616

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own at least 30 high-end foundations and have sampled probably 50 more. This is my favorite.

I rate foundations in terms of:

*Coverage (concealing any and all flaws in my skin)

*Un-detectability (I don't want anyone to be able to tell I'm wearing makeup)

*Endurance (I am not a foundation "toucher-upper", and when I look in the mirror six hours later, I don't want any crusty, cakey, filmy, streaky or greaseball surprises, and I don't want to find that I've spent the afternoon looking like an oompah loompah either)

*Short Term Skin health (As in, at the end of the day when I take it off--or, more likely, the next morning--does my skin feel dry, greasy, irritated, or healthy and normal?

*Long-term skin health (Since using this foundation, have I developed any new skin problems, as in dryness, pimples, redness, ect., has my skin overall gotten healthier, or is it looking the same or worse, etc)

* Ingredient Purity

I have been using the MAC F&B for about a year and have not had any breakouts from it.....I don't wear foundation all the time, but when I do, I tend to sleep in it (I am super lazy), so that is really quite a feat. Also, I feel like it leaves my skin hydrated and healthy-feeling. I have not developed any long-term problems from it either.

Also, it looks beautiful from the time I put it on until the time I take it off. You'd never in a million years know I was wearing makeup. (For the record, I don't use powder with it, and I recommend any of you who use powder start limiting it to super small amounts.....I really think it makes people look older, looks unnatural and cakey, and is terrible for the skin, much worse than foundation). So anyway, no touch-ups, check.

One other thing, I use this foundation without a primer all the time, and it still lasts all day and looks great.

In fact, this foundation passes each prong of my "foundation test" with flying colors, except for ingredient purity.

Basically, it has every single thing that you DON'T want to put on your face. Have I experienced any side effects? No. Does it still concern me? Yes.

Have I found any decent foundations with "purer" ingredients? Hell no. Every single one I have tried looks HORRIBLE. (Jane Iredale was decent, but not in the same league as this foundation).

That said, every new foundation I try is judged against this one.

For the record, the other foundations I like are MUFE Face & Body and Amazing Cosmetics Concealer. Reviews to come.

14 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:58:00 PM More reviews by fleetgoddess21

I've haunted blogs and MUA about this foundation forever because I thought it was going to be my holy grail foundation. I was right. I have a fairly neutral undertone, but it does lean slightly gold due to my Dutch and Hungarian heritage, but my Scottish genes also give me rosy cheeks. So foundations are often leaning too much to the yellow or too much to the pink on me and I hate mixing foundation every morning so I tend to like tinted moisturizers best. I also really hate heavy foundations because nothing looks worse too me than that girl who has wayyyyyy too much foundation on and it looks horribly caked up. I prefer a dewy or satin finish.I don't need a ton of coverage because I only have occasional blemishes, very few scars and a little bit of rosy cheeks that I like to even out.
This is PERFECT.
This is water based, so the feel on your face is very light, moisturized and almost velvety in a way. It literally looks like my skin but in it's best form. The finish is just lovely. Your skin screams healthy from it's pores. I do find that I prefer to apply this with my fingers since the heat really gives it a perfect melt-into-your-skin-and-isn't-sitting-on-top finish. I love the squeeze bottle It is so easy to dispense just the right amount of product and it's not messy at all. I tend to use a nickel size blob for my entire face. and then I'll take a pea sized blog again for any areas I want a little more coverage on that day. Plus, the size is awesome. 4 fl oz for $32? It takes me about 6 months to go through a 1 fl oz bottle of foundation so this should last me about 2 years and the MAC artist said it has a shelf life of just about that. So if I normally spent about $11 on a drugstore foundation every 6 months, this is actually a better deal and a way better choice for me. N2 was a perfect match for me and will actually match me most of the summer I think except for possibly August when I am darkest. I will repurchase this again, again and again.
I also recommend this is your athletic. It's water resistant and is meant to last a long time on you and I have no problems with it keeping up with my active lifestyle.
I'm honestly not sure if this would fare well with oily skin though. On my dry/normal skin, it's the best thing ever, but I could see oily skinned people feeling a little greasy from the dewy finish and moisturizing properties.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by DeltaCephei

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this off eBay. I have C3 and i'm a NC30. It's a bit too yellow for my liking. The foundation is really thin and runny and it goes on very sheer. You can build the color though. I find that it's REALLY sticky and you needs to powder your face but I get a cakey look because it needs so much powder before the sticky feeling goes away. Dislike!