April 23, 2014 | 1980 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation was a huge disappointment for me after reading all the positive reviews. First, though I want natural coverage and try to avoid the heavy foundations, I also want it to cover atleast small blemishes and maybe some acne "scars". It doesn't cover those things well even after two layers. Its very dewy, but in an oily way and the shine enhances the wrong things such as circles under my eyes and shadows. Second, I found it difficult to apply and control. Its so watery and sheer that I can't control the amount I put on since I can't see or feel where I have applied it. Maybe this works for people with perfect skin, but not if you want just medium coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonglaze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the easiest of liquid foundation applications ive tried. it's best if your looking for sheer coverage. but you can get more coverage by setting it with powder( I use mac msf natural)
Theres a wide variation of color to get your perfect shade, like any other mac foundation.
This bottle is so big & a little goes a long way- i cant say when id need to purchase again but when i do run out, id surly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 3:36:00 AM More reviews by ssupab

I'm Asian, 20 years old, NC30 in the summer, NC25 in the winter with strong yellow undertones

Face & Body is great if you're looking for light-med coverage, more than a tinted moisturizer but not heavy like a full cover foundation. If you likethe dewy skin look it is looove. It covers my redness and evens out my skin tone. You will need a concealer for bad blemishes/dark spot tho :) also I wear C3 and the shade works when I'm both nc25 & 30. It runs very yellow IMO and that's part of the reason I like it so much!!

For the size, I believe it's an excellent value!

A few things ppl might find to be cons: because it is quite dewy, not for oily skins IMO (I have dry-combo skin). Also you have to set it w/ powder and some might find it "wet" feeling without. By no means sticky though

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Beautified16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am fully aware that this foundation is a sheer/light coverage foundation but at the same time its just not for me. I bought it because i wanted a lighter coverage in the summer time but then the darkest colour which is n9 didnt match me. I get super dark in the summer. I love the sun and i get about 10 shades darker in mac foundations. Either way this foundation was just not for me. Its very watery and i tried applying it with a 109 brush and that sucked. I just read that someone uses their hands to apply the product and im going to give it a try before i feel like i have wasted my money. I shall come back and let you guys know how that went.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is probably my favourite foundation ever (and I've tried everything from Dior to NARS to MUFE to Maybelline to Bourjois to Rimmel to Bobbi Brown to Laura Mercier...you get my drift). Some people call this sheer but I politely disagree - it is a light coverage foundation that can be built up to medium.

Now, I do not have nice skin by any means. I have acne scarring on my cheekbone, a few on my chin, the occasional blemish on my forehead. To top that all off I have a very uneven skin tone and some redness on my cheeks. It's so ugly. But this foundation works brilliantly for me and makes my skin look pretty! Even without concealer, this diminishes any redness, evens out my skin tone beautifully and covers my acne scarring! It does provide some coverage to currentt blemishes, but not enough to cover them completely. If I want a really flawless look I just apply a little bit of concealer underneath and then apply this ontop.

The texture is very watery and thin. I highly recommend using your hands to apply and the warmth of your fingers will make the foundation more creamy and thick (it really does!) which will allow the foundation to just melt like butter on your skin.

I have normal-combo skin and find the formula works well for me. It gives a slightly dewy look. Because of that reason I'd say it's best for dry to combo skin. But I'm sure some oily skinned ladies could rock this if they had a good oil control primer or setting powder. Anyway, it does feel rather tacky and almost waxy on the skin if you apply quite a generous amount, which can be an annoyance. I rarely set it with powder unless I'm going clubbing or something...even without setting, it doesn't feel sticky on my face. If it does feel sticky, you've applied too much. It feels lightweight on my face and I cannot feel that I'm wearing makeup.

I love that this gives me a natural look. I hate looking caked in makeup, so this is great because it looks like my skin but 100000% better. I get compliments on my skin whenever I wear this - people saying I'm "so lucky to have nice skin"...don't make me laugh, my skin is disgusting haha. I use it day and night, doesn't matter. The lasting power is pretty good too - I can apply at 7AM and it will be there at 6PM still (I may have to use blot paper on my nose once but that's hardly a chore). I never usually wear makeup when working out, but one of my girlfriends ended up dragging me for an hour jog in the park against my will. I was suprised that this foundation stayed intact, despite me sweating like a horse. It hadn't ran off my face or faded. I've also worn this out clubbing plenty of times and it doesn't sweat off.

This claims to be water resistant but I don't think so. If I'm caught in rain for 1 minute, it will streak like crazy. Weird, seeing as it's extremely sweat-proof yet not has little water resistance.

The smell of the foundation is a little...weird...but not terrible. I have the worlds most sensitive skin but have not noticed any breakouts or irritation caused from this foundation (which is saying something as every single MAC foundation I've tried in the past has broken me out). And the price - what a bargain! 23 for 120ml is amazing. It works out a million times cheaper than most HE foundations and suprisingly cheaper than a lot of DS foundations if you consider that amount you get for the price.

I am an NC15-20 with a slight yellow undertone and use C1. It is a perfect match for me...a pale colour with slight yellow tones to it. I'll probably have to get C2 in summer though.

So YES I do really love this foundation. It's perfect for my needs. A definate repurchase for me. I have tried the MUFE face and body foundation aswell, but this MAC one blows it out of the water!

UPDATE: I much prefer the MUFE version to the MAC one now. I've noticed that my skin can no longer tolerate it that well and I get red bumps over my cheeks after wearing this for a few hours. The MUFE one does not break me out, lasts all day, looks more natural than the MAC one...I will not be repurchasing this MAC one again!

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have never tried MAC products before and don't believe in spending $30 on a bottle of foundation... but for some reason I wanted to see what the hype is about so I decided to try out one of their products. After looking around at different products, I decided to try out this foundation mainly because of size/price. If I am going to buy something that will eventually end up washed down the drain, I might as well get my money's worth.

This foundation comes in a 4oz bottle that costs about the same as a standard 1oz bottle of foundation. I decided it may be worth a try, and if not thankfully I can always return it. Well, I decided to skip going to the MAC counter mainly because I have never really gone to one, and I also don't like other people doing my makeup for me or talking me into buying ridiculous products that I don't want/need. Not knowing which shade I needed I basically just picked one that I thought would work. I choose the C2 shade and ordered it online.

I first tried it on bare skin and although it works well, it does not cover up imperfection; this is more like a tinted moisturizer. People with blemishes and other imperfections would need something else or to use it with some type of a concealer. I personally don't have many skin issues so I could wear it on it's own, but I prefer to wear it over my Revlon Colorstay. This foundation creates a soft dewy finish, not that oily/greasy type of dewy that typically turns orange later on. It also feels very light on skin. I apply it first with my fingers to warm it up a little bit as it blends better that way, and then finish the application with a foundation brush. Always comes out looking great. Needless to say I really like it and the shade that I picked worked out pretty well probably because it's such a light foundation. The shades appear just slightly different so I think that I could probably get away with using either C 1 or 2 and be just fine.
The packaging is great and very sanitary because it comes in a squeeze bottle.

Update:
So I took a break from this foundation for about a month while testing a different product. I went back to this today and I gotta say that I love this product even more. The other foundation was such a huge disappointment that this one just looks even better. I love this product and the results that it produces. I am so glad that my first MAC purchase was not a disappointment in any way whatsoever. This product makes me feel a better about trying other MAC products and spending the money on them because chances are they will be worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very surprised at how much I liked this foundation. I've never been a huge fan of MAC for several reasons. I believed that all their products were unnecessarily heavy, and I prefer a much lighter of a feel on my skin. I also hated their shade ranges. The lightest shade was about 3 shades too dark for me. But then I heard about the white foundation that was available and I started to wonder about it. So I did my research and found that people really liked the feel of the foundation, and it tended to give them a really natural look. Some complained that it was too dewy, but I like dewy (since I'm a bit dry). I was very much after a natural look, and while I loved my normal foundation (Cover FX Cream Foundation), I wanted something more sheer. So I went to the MAC Pro Store, and explained that there was barely a foundation in the world that was light enough for me, that gave me the natural look that I wanted and that didn't break me out (I'm allergic in particular to chemical sunscreen and can only use my Cover FX with a good amount of primer underneath). She tried the foundation on me and it looked great. I actually got more coverage than I expected, but not at the expense of it looking fake. I was dewy, but not shiny. I was very impressed. I mix about 2/3 white with 1/3 C1 and apply with my fingers, and it gives me just the right amount of coverage I need. I like the bottles and I like how big they are. I don't like the fact that the white one is not available online, but it's worth visiting a Pro Store considering that the color combo with the C1 is perfect. It even looks natural in sunlight. I'll definitely be keeping this on in my makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/8/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Ix3Chewie

This product had a lot of reviews and not that bad of a rating so I wanted to check this product out. I really wanted to love this product as much as the other reviewers did but I find this product to be too sheer and watery for my taste. I usually like tinted moisturizers but I think this was way too sheer than a tinted moisturizer. I felt like it didn't do much to my face and the product has an irritating smell to it. I really couldn't stand it being on my face in the beginning because of the weird smell. The Mac girl that helped me out said that this product can even cover up tattoos. I highly doubt this product can hide any tattoos. Even if you apply a lot of coats over and over the tattoo I find it still showing through. Well, I'm very disappointed with this product so it has to go back to the Mac store. =/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 2:26:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally broke down and bought this foundation and I'm truly glad I did. For reference I bought N1 which is a great match for my NC15 / NW15 complexion (I can wear both depending on the formula and look I want to achieve).
I was impressed with the quantity (120mls) I got for my money, plus the packaging is great considering it doesn't come with a pump, but a squeeze bottle. The formula itself took some time for me to adjust too, as it's quite watery and slippery. I have tried using brushes,sponges, and my fingers, and all honesty I found using my fingers to be the best method for application and blending. After applying I give this a few minutes to set, then apply my concealer, and set it with powder. I use my mineralize skinfinish first dusted all over, then a little blot powder on my t-zone. I love the final look as it's dewy, youthful, and not greasy. Plus the extra dusting of blot powder on my t-zone really helps keep the oilies in check for a greater length of time. Coverage wise I only apply one layer (I have read that others like to add layers, but personal I don't need to) and it seems to deliver sheer to light coverage. Compared to other foundations I like to rotate through this doesn't last as long before it starts to break down, look cakey and just plain gross, even with primers and methodical blotting and powdering. I can wear this particular foundation for up to 7 -8 hours and then I have to wash my face. What I really like about this foundation is how awesome my complexion looks in photographs. Now when ever I know I'll be having my picture taken I like to wear this particular foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I was trying to find a cheap alternative for MUFE's f&b. This doesn't work well for my combo, acne-prone skin. MUFE face & body didnt break me out at all and MAC's did. :( Also this left me more shiny than MUFE's. This finish is dewier than MUFE's, which I dont really like either. Will not purchase again.