January 28, 2015 | 1952 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by JessiBird89

When I first bought this foundation, I hated it. I was used to medium to full-coverage, creamy foundations and was shocked to see how watery it was and how sheer the coverage was. However, I learned that it is amazingly easy to blend and build to a medium foundation. It makes the skin look flawless but still look like real skin! Great for those who want a tinted moisturizer but want a little bit more coverage. The large bottle also means it lasts for a long long time so it is worth every bit of the money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect foundation for me right now

100% natural coverage, easy to apply, huge bottle, good shades.

I love having something that really does look natural.

Its completely worth getting.

I haven't used another foundation since I got it

Doesn't seem to work as well with my skin chemistry lately but its still a good foundation. I hope I finish it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by cathleeneee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Great for summer definitely! It's $32.50 in the US and it's so worth the money because you practically get four regular foundation bottles in one for almost the same price! When applying it, you don't need to put a moisturizer because it's water based so it will make your skin looking glowy already. But don't take it the wrong way, it's a good natural glow for summer. You can lightly set it with a powder if you want to but don't put on too much or else it'll take away the effect of natural looking skin. It's a really good product, choosing a shade won't be hard because it's a sheer coverage. Im an NC35, and I got C4 and it matches perfectly. Overall, it's sooooooooo good ! SO BUY IT. NOW.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My HG foundation shade. Squeezy bottle is great for hygiene and easy to use. I'm C4 - great match. Very nice, long lasting, well pigmented. I only need a couple of pea sized amounts to get a decent finish. Nice result - not too matte or greasy. MAC's best foundation, in my opinion. Didn't break me out like Studiofix powder foundation and Mineralize Satinfinish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

MAC F&B where have you been all my life? I was searching for a really great lightweight summertime foundation and this is IT.

I was skeptical at first because it is very sheer coverage, but this stuff is stupendous. I have far from perfect skin (acne, scarring, redness, oily) and normally don't do the 'light' coverage thing, but I'm just not in the mood to layer on cakey foundation when it's 90+ degrees. I absolutely feel like I have nothing on my face when I wear this. No caking, no oil slick (I do have to blot 1/day), no transfer whatsoever.

I'm currently around NC30 and I got C3 which is a pretty good match for me. It's a bit light so I'm a bit heavy-handed with the bronzer to even everything out.

I'm so thrilled to have found this stuff. I've only been wearing it for a short time but I can already tell this stuff is going to be HG for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by alyssac3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great light coverage foundation. Before buying this product I could not seem to find a sheer foundation that was not too heavy. I used to mix my foundation with moisturizer just to get the effect (and it worked out pretty well) until I a very helpful sales assistant recommended I use MAC face and body.

It blends easily into the skin and it's pretty foolproof as it's really sheer. It also lasts forever because it comes in a 120 ml bottle. It's so light on the skin that it feels like you are not even wearing foundation at all. I then use MAC mineralize skinfinish natural to set the foundation for a really natural, fresh and clean look.

If you are looking for a sheer foundation to even out your skin tone anywhere on your body then this is perfect. Personally, I use this on my face and it's great for everyday wear.

Since I've had mine for a while I've noticed that it starts to separate and you really have to shake it well before using it, it also starts to get a tad oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by karafraser

I have a bit of a foundation addiction and had wanted to try this product for a while, however I didn't like the last MAC foundation i tried (Pro Longwear) and that had put me off trying this one. A few weeks ago i was at a MAC counter and decided to give this a try and i'm so glad that i did.

I tried several colours and eventually settled on C2 (I am around NC20, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B20) and this matches my skintone perfectly. As this foundation is sheer I don't think it would matter if you used a colour that didn't match your skin exactly (within reason). I must have tried 3 or 4 shades and none of them looked really wrong on my skin.

This foundation is very sheer and provides only very light coverage. In fact i don't think it really covers at all although it does even out your skin tone beautifully. For me this is a big plus as i don't like to look like i'm wearing make up but if you do like medium / full coverage this is definitely not for you. Once i put this on and it sets it is impossible to tell that i am wearing foundation, it just makes my skin look really healthy.

I know some people have problems with the finish of this being overly dewy but i haven't found that at all. This leaves my skin fairly matte, i don't feel like i have to powder over it (although i usually do just to help it to last all day). My skin is not oily however so that may be why.

I have tried various ways of applying this foundation and i honestly think i get the best finish with my fingers. I just put a few dots around my face and rub it in (just as if it was a moisturiser). Personally i think this gives a better finish that any of the foundation brushes i have tried.

Although this is a lovely facial foundation i think this really comes into it's own when it is used on the body. I was going to a wedding recently and was wearing a skirt. My legs are pale and, even with face tan on, have pretty uneven skin tone and some lumps and bumps :) I applied this foundation to one leg and was gobsmacked by the difference it made. It completely evened out the skin tone and gave my skin a glow, i can safely say that my legs have never looked so good. It also does not rub off on to clothes once it has set. I had on a tight black dress and had no foundations marks on it at all at the end of the day.

Fantastic product, it is worth owning as a body foundation alone.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I just cannot bring myself to like this foundation. The smell is off-putting and I can smell it for hours on end after applying, it breaks me out in cysts and small clusters of red pimples over my entire face, is not that long-lasting and oxidises throughout the day. I found a good match in the shade C4 for my NC37 skintone. You do get a lot of product for your money's worth though, it works out cheaper than a lot of DS foundations! Coverage is buildable - anywhere from light to medium, gives a satin-dewy finish, and blends easily on the skin. I wanted to love it but just cannot deal with the breakouts! Now I just use F&B on my legs if I'm wearing shorts or anything now as it gives a slight sheen and evens out my blotchy legs.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by xnmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Approximately 3 weeks ago I purchased MAC Face and Body Foundation. After 3 weeks of using this product, I can confidently say that this is truly my favorite foundation of the moment.
This product is hard to find if purchasing in Australia. It can only be found at a MAC Pro store or the MAC online store. As far as I am aware the only two Pro stores are in Sydney and Melbourne and there is quite a big risk attached to purchasing foundation online. I am usually a MAC NC30 and got a C4 in the Face and Body.
My first impressions of the Face and Body were quite positive, $60AUD for a 120mL bottle of professional quality foundation is extremely good value where most drugstore brand foundations (Revlon, Maybelline etc) can cost around $20AUD for only 30mL. So if you do your math, its definitely better value.
The foundation itself is quite watery as it is a water based foundation and does have the tendency to separate if you leave it sitting for a long period of time without use. Therefore, it is important to shake the bottle well before use to thicken the foundation and mix the formula together.
The best way to apply this foundation is with a foundation brush or your fingers to get an even natural coverage. Due to the watery consistency, sponges will soak up the product too quickly, causing you to waste a lot of product. Also stippling brushes will not pick up enough product to give you an even coverage.
This foundation has a really pleasant scent that is very fresh smelling and almost citrus-like. Its light texture is cooling on the skin and is almost refreshing to apply. MAC Face and Body is buildable and if there are areas that you need more coverage you can apply a second coat without your face looking cakey. However, the coverage will still be light and will not cover large blemishes or imperfections (though a concealer would normally be used for this anyways). The dewy finish of MAC Face and Body gives your face a healthy and natural glow that I absolutely love rather than a matte finish.
This foundation is perfect for those with dry or combination skin types and gives a light everyday coverage. Since wearing this foundation I have received several compliments about how clear my skin looks and many not even realising that I was wearing foundation.
My only concern about this foundation is the lack of SPF which means I have to wear a moisturizer with SPF coverage or suncreen to protect my skin. Also if you have oily skin, the natural glow of Face and Body and the shine from your own skin may be too overpowering and make you face look overly greasy.
Overall, MAC Face and Body gives a light and natural coverage to your face, similar to that of a tinted moisturizer but with a dewy and fresh glow. I would strongly recommend this product to anyone who loves a bit of coverage on their skin to even it out but doesn’t like the cakiness that many foundations can give.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by lalabeautyx3

It gives the pefect dewy finish! I love it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No