MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 11/7/2011 9:18:00 AM

I purchased this in White over the phone from the MAC store, and I have used it several times now, and am definitely disappointed. The coverage is extremely thin,, and the product itself is very oily. I always seem to break out while/after wearing this. It looks pretty right after I apply it (although I always have to wear another mineral foundation over it to have any coverage!) but after a couple of hours, it migrates and pills around my nose and anywhere I may sweat. I have the two other pro-White foundations, that I think I've already reviews on here. My favorite would be the pro Studio Fix creme. The shivering white powder looks great at first, but then the oils break down and it looks like crap.

on 11/3/2011 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my go to summer foundation, its light weight and wears lovely, especially with mac careblend power on top. I think for the amount of product its a good price even thou it does separate after a while. I prefer it to the MUFE face and body.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

BEST FOUNDATION EVER!!!!! I love it it's sooooo sheer and so glowy it's basically a match made in heaven for your skin. doesn't clog pores, doesn't cake up and most importantly no one can tell your wearing it, and it lasts for ages on my skin and it's soo cheap comparing to so many other companies! even drugstores! SO GO BUY IT ^_^

on 10/24/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is my current everyday foundation. For the amount you get, the price is phenomenal. I prefer a lighter, slightly dewy coverage, which this gives me. You can layer it, stipple it, sheer it out-- I even hear it can be used in an airbrush, but I haven't tried that out myself. It looks just as good applied with fingers as it does with any foundation brush.

I feel comfortable wearing this; I have no worries about transferring (unless I'm sweating heavily or dripping from my nose, maybe), and I know it photographs well. I usually powder with Laura Mercier's translucent loose powder, just on the T-zone; I do have rather dry skin, though. You do have to shake the bottle for a couple of seconds before using. I hear older bottles separate a bit, but given my current near-daily use, it takes me several months to finish a bottle. Currently I use a C2, but I'm going to order C2 and N2 when I run out of the current bottle and mix them for a closer match.

on 10/21/2011 10:05:00 AM

I just purchased this earlier in the week and sadly I'm really disappointed with it bought it in shade N3 and had heard so many good things about it, I'm a guy so only want it for even skin-tone not heavy coverage but this has like 0 coverage and just makes your t-zone forehead cheeks and chin look so oily, so I get home try it and it looks as bad as it feels it was like trying to rub tinted water on your face just will not blend at all, if u try and layer it you end up looking really washed out, such a poor coverage and makes you look like a greesey spoon just ordered my trusty Estee Luader Nutrious in shade 3.0 wich I've been using for 2 years it evens out your skin tone feels light on and looks nice and dewy not too shiny at all and after this disaster experience I will be sticking too it for the long run.

on 10/13/2011 8:04:00 PM

This is probably HG for me. I have tried quite a few foundations of varying coverage (NARS Sheer Glow, Lancome Teint Miracle, Revlon Colorstay, MAC Prolongwear, Clinique Even Better, BM, Laura Mercier Silk Creme, etc.), and this foundation has taught me how little coverage I can get away with. I used to look for heavy coverage, but it feels so nice to have a lightweight foundation and use concealer on trouble areas. Most importantly, it looks so natural.

I have oily combination skin, and it wears all day on me. I do set it with powder. It is also a really good size, especially for the price. I love it and will purchase again!

on 10/13/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My HG foundation. I can't praise F&B enough! I'm not a fan of other MAC foundations at all and was very skeptical to try this but boy am I glad I did. I don't understand why people buy this and write negative reviews for them when it's evident it is not for their skin type at all.

This is NOT for you if you have oily skin. The foundation gives a dewy finish and is very moisturising. It is better for normal - very dry skin types.

This is NOT for you if you're looking for medium/full coverage. This provides sheer/light coverage and a natural, glowy finish. However it is buildable to a certain extent.

I don't have many blemishes/issues with my skin except for dryness and this keeps me moisturised throughout the day. I don't use a primer and it stays on me all day and I don't powder it either. Contrary to others, I like the dewy, natural finish and love that it's undetectable close up. I always get comments on how natural and flawless my skin looks. Before this, I used to use Bobbi Brown's Luminous Moisturising Foundation and since I've bought F&B, I haven't touched it once! I used to apply foundation with a brush but I use my fingers with this as I find it helps to warm the product up and distributes it evenly.

I'm MAC NC35/40 and I have this in C4 which is a perfect colour match. I don't think this is as expensive as other foundations as you get a lot of product for your money. I use this every day and I'm not even half way through yet :)

So.. to wrap this up, if you have dry, sensitive skin and are looking for a sheer/light coverage foundation then I highly recommend this!

on 10/13/2011 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have purchased this product twice and hated both times!

First of all, the product is sticky and never feels dry. Not even prep and prime powder sets it. The rest of my makeup looks splotchy.

It seems like a great value for the money, because you really do get a lot of product, but save your money girls. This product just isn't worth the bother.

on 9/27/2011 11:59:00 PM

I used this foundation for months and I hate it. It gives practically no coverage and it seeps into all the imperfections of my skin, making them look even worse. It also makes my skin look really shiny, greasy, and sweaty. I believe this is called a "dewy finish." I tried setting my makeup with powder to minimize this effect, but I don't think the two mixed well and the powder further emphasized my dry skin and acne.

I am almost certain that this product was breaking me out, because when I switched to a new foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) there was a noticeable reduction in acne.

on 9/22/2011 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i am hooked on face and body. there honestly must be some kind of addictive properties to this because i can't get enough. i have dry skin, like the kind of dry where you just wish you constantly had facial moisturizer around so you wouldn't have to flake up and shrivel up into this dry prune type thing. It leaves my skin, dewy and gives it a really nice, sheer coverage although it is buildable don't use more than three layers cause honestly who the hell puts three layers on of any foundation? overkill? i think so. also the price and the size, ahhh, thank you MAC, for the face and body foundation you pay $32.50 for 4 fluid ounces, which comes out to about $8.15 for one fluid ounces, NOW, considering most of MAC's other foundations come out to around $25-30 per fluid ounce due to their inferior sizes, this really is a bang for your buck and this economy who doesn't need that? I mean really, $8 dollars can barely even buy you a decent one ounce drugstore foundation, SO. If you a) have dry, clear skin b) need evening out of your skintone c) love a dewy finish or d) all of the above, haul yourself to MAC and buy this. By the way I'm between an NW30 and NC30 and I mix C3 and N5 and it matches perfectly! I set it with prep and prime transparent powder and Im out the door! Also, a lovely foundation for men!

Video Reviews & Tutorials