September 16, 2014 | 1949 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 11:56:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Purchased this in C3. The color works well for now, but with the weather getting warmer, I know I'll be outside almost everyday. I will need to go darker. I may pick this up in C4. The bottle is HUGE, and the price is a steal. However, I know I'll never be able to finish it all. The coverage is very sheer. It does build though. Looks very natural on. Nice finish. I find I don't have to blot oil as much with this on, which is a plus. (My T Zone gets oily sometimes). This truly is waterproof too. I wore this to the pool for a parent-child swim class with my daughter, and I got splashed ALOT. When I got out of the pool, my foundation was still intact- didn't smudge or splash off one bit (unlike the Studio Moisture Tint, which was a hot mess after I wore it there). This is very liquidy. You need to shake it up before use. It applied very well with fingers (I never tried with a brush). I usually do two coats of this to get the desire coverage that I like. (My Tarte Smooth Operator TM covers ALOT more than this.) I use this when I want light natural coverage, and on days when I want something to be waterproof and last. This stuff really does last all day long. It's so sheer, that if the color isn't quite perfect, it will still look good. It's ashame this isn't sold at counters. It would make choosing a color so much easier, but oh well. I love the packaging of this too. If you're looking for something light and waterproof for summer, this is for you. I have sensitive skin, and this didn't irritate me. If you have sensitive skin and other MAC foundations have effected you, try this one.

I'm still curious to try MUFE's version of the F&B.

Edit:
4/27/11:
I've used this twice on pretty hot days, and it looks very natural. However, by the end of the day my face feels sticky with this on. I've never had this problem with any other foundation, and I don't like the feel of it. I took 2 lippies off. I do like the natural look for this though. I'll be trying MUFE's version.

Edit 5/9/11- Used this today with the Magically Cool Liquid Powder in Cajun over top as a bronzer, and I really like how it looked. It coverage pretty well. It's buildable- didn't look cakey at all and still natural. It held up nice in the hot weather. I just didn't like how it felt after I wore it to the pool. I do like how it looked though and on days when I want lighter coverage (I like my MUFE HD Foundation when I want good coverage), I'll be using this.

5/16- Just received this in the shade C4. I swapped out C3. I'm constantly in the sun in the summer, and I knew I'd never a darker shade. C4 works really well, and with 2 layers of this (applied with fingers), I get really good coverage. I'll be using this a lot this summer. I like this this doesn't break me out if I wear in several days in a row. My skin is sensitive, and that has happened with several foundations.

6/6/11- This is my all time favorite out of all of the foundations that I've tried so far. I'll be continuing to use this all summer. It's buildable without being cakey and doesn't feel heavy. LOVE it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by speedyjp

I bought this at the same time my Mom bought hers a while ago, because the MA made it sound so good and I was looking for a lightweight foundation that wasn't oil-based. I'm lucky and have an even skintone, and only get the occasional blemish. Since I have combination skin too, I'm concerned about clogging the pores on my nose and getting blemishes, so I tend to avoid putting products there.

I didn't use it for a while, because I had it stuck in my mind that applying foundation was a chore; that, and I didn't like the idea of there being a layer of stuff on my face all day. But the other day, I was out of concealer and needed to try something to cover my dark circles (my dark circles aren't that bad- but I wanted to brighten up my eye).

I squirt a little bit of foundation on the back of my hand, then I use it with the Beauty Blender (that pink egg sponge), and WOW! I LOVE how my eyes turned out! The Beauty Blender helps too though, that thing is incredible.

I had it stuck in my mind for the longest time that you need to apply foundation to your entire face, which is part of the reason I avoided it for so long. But just using it under my eyes and then a light power overtop - magic. In the winter I'm using N2. I love how it feels like I don't have anything on. I don't have the money right now to buy a good concealer for under my eyes (MAC's sucks for under the eyes, to be honest...), but this is just perfect so I don't know if I'll need to get a concealer!

I hope MAC doesn't discontinue this product - it's really great. The packaging is good too, it doesn't come pouring out when you use it. While it is a little pricey, you get a LOT, and since it's so sheer and lightweight you don't need much so this will last me a long time. Key thing with this product though: if you leave it alone for a while, shake it well before you use it!

Will repurchase if/when I run out!

EDIT: I reduced the rating from a 5 to a 2. The more I wore it, the more it felt icky and gross on my face, even though it's water-based. Will NOT repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by lieske

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Too dewy for my taste--if you had dry skin that needed little coverage this might be it. But then again the finish is tacky, and the color selection is orange per usual by mac.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by CassidyKatelyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought, being that this is probably one of the lightest MAC foundations that it wouldn't break out my skin. But, it did. It sent me on a 3-4 month process of getting rid of acne/skin irritation between my eyebrows. In general, I steer clear of MAC foundations for my "moody" skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

this foundation has to be one of the weirdest foundations i have tried.

CONS:
-the finish feels waxy and i dont like that
-even though it has no spf, in pictures it still gives u a mask like effect
-BROKE ME OUT but not horribly. I don't even break out normally, so if you do break out easily STAY AWAY
-5 color ranges
-can look orange

PROS:
-water based

actually i can't say anything good about this foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by marissa1111111111

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only reason I tried this foundation was because it is only one of two foundations that MAC carries in C3. I had read that it only gives light coverage and is comparable to a tinted moisturizer but I think that is completely wrong! Two layers of this and I cover everything I need (mostly dark acne scars) and what isn't covered gets taken care of with Studio Finish concealer. The consistency is very liquid-y and once on your face it doesn't dry very fast, I usually still have a glossy sheen for a minute or two before it dries. I apply with either my fingers or the beautyblender (which I adore). I have combination skin and sometimes this leaves me oily after a few hours but then again, I don't set with powder. If you have only skin, I wouldn't recommend. Doesn't get cakey or feel heavy at all!! I def suggest this id you're new to MAC foundations since it is the least heavy. Also, this didn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

I walked into the pro store with every intention of purchasing PLW fdtn, given my love for the concealer. A brief chat with the SA lead me to F&B in N2, a perfect match for my decidedly NW20 skintone. I haven't purchased a liquid foundation in years, and this one is a very nice compromise for women who don't want a heavy coverage. It's exceedingly easy to apply--I warm it up for a couple seconds between my fingers, then use my fingers to apply it to my face, as per the recommendation of the MAC SA. the finish is flawless, dewy, like I the skin I wish I had. I use an ecotools bronzer brush to apply cargo blu-ray HD powder to set it, and the whole process probably takes about 5 minutes. As a side note, I do use PLW concealer on some minor scars, and find that it works very well with F&B. I have combo acne-prone skin, and haven't experienced any breakouts in the two weeks ive used it.

At $32.50 for the massive 4 oz container, I will absolutely be repurchasing when I run out...it's one of MAC's best bargains.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Boa_Elva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchase this item yesterday at mac store. I was totally amazed how well it worked. I mix with my boots no7 illuminating lotion. My face is glowy. Ppl praise how my complexion glow and i have good complexion(which obviously not). And this foundation def not cakey or thick at all unlike studio sculpt which is TOTALLY like some mask like foundation which disappoint me like shit. The concealer was good though.

This is really suitable for television, photography esp for men. just have to apply this F&B fdn, concealer and prep+prime translucent powder it looked really HD imo. try it. i took photos with this fdn on, looking damn smooth and glowy! no kidding!

i purchase again on 06.11.12 as my previous one seperated. This time rd i bought mac small bottle and place it in the 120ml i will leave it inside fridge to keep its products longevity. After so much tinted moisturizer i have use. i still goes back to this. Condition skin very well, moisturize well, giving dewy effect well. This is by far the best! But, it is so under rated. more rated please!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by SChiara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favourite foundation and makes my skin looks absolutely flawless. It's pretty different from other foundations that I've tried.
-----------------------
PROS:
- Almost undetectible on the skin. It gives a very skin-like natural finish. It doesn't mask your skin, but does enhance it. For example, I have redness in my cheeks (which is the my main reason for wearing foundation). Face & Body doesn't make my face one uniform flat colour, but it does reduce the redness considerably. No complete coverage (which looks unnatural in my opinion), it just makes your natural skin look prettier.
- Makes the skin look luminous - not shiny or glittery.
- It doesn't budge once it's dry. Seriously - when I look in the mirror after wearing it all day (work/uni/gym/whatever) it still looks good.
- This is the first foundation where I don't need to wear powder. Any other foundation fades on me during the day; not this one. NO POWDER, how amazing! I hate wearing powder over foundation as it always looks cakey on me (I have normal to dry skin).
- You get a lot in the packaging (but because it's more watery you also use more than you would with a normal foundation)
- Almost anyone will find a colourmatch, I think. I wear C2 but could get away with C1 as well. Perhaps even C3. I would always stick with the C colours because they have yellow in them and my face is pretty pink toned compared to my body. Also, shade C2 is actually a little dark for my face. But since my face is a slightly lighter than my body, it makes it so my face matches my neck/chest better.
- It's easy to layer this foundation once the first layer is dry. I just add a little bit more on my cheeks sometimes (in the evening when I'm going out for example)
---------------------------
CONS:
- The consistency takes some getting used to. It's watery and takes a little longer to blend. (not really a con since it took me about two applications to get used to it, but hell, gotta add some cons right?)
- Supposedly it goed bad pretty fast? I've only been using this foundation for 2 months though, so I haven't experienced this.
--------------------------
What else can I say? This foundation just makes your skin look really good. In the Mac store they said they called it 'the Beautifier' - it makes your skin look better.
This foundation is definetly a sheer to medium one. In my opinion anyone can wear a sheerer foundation. Even if you've got redness like me, or blemishes. It's layerable so you can add a little more where you need it. Or you can just use a concealer on the blemishes/discolourations you need to cover.
---
To sum it up: Mac Face & Body enhances your natural skin with sheer to medium (buildable) coverage. It lasts all day without the need to use powder (unless you need oil control I suppose), and looks like you've got nothing on. I'm definetly a fan!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Harley09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after reading reviews, I wanted sheer to medium coverage, something to even out my skintone yet still look natural and preferably unscented. I had previously been using Revlon Colorstay which I did not like, the coverage was mask-like and the smell was distracting. I found what I was looking for with this foundation. This foundation is sheer but buildable however not buildable past medium coverage. It does need to be shaken up to get it ready for use and after I use my fingers to apply it then follow up with a stippling brush to ensure it is buffed in evenly onto my skin. I use N2 which is a great match for my skintone, I also dust Mac's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium to reduce shine in my t-zone. What really sold me on this product is when the lovely MA applied it to my face my friend went "wow" and commented how much it improved my complexion since I have red cheeks and some uneven patches along my jawline under my cheeks. For concealing acne scars or blemishes I would recommend going over with a concealer which is what I plan on doing. Also in regards to making it last, my house is still cold this time of year so I keep it in my bathroom but once it begins to warm up I probably will store it in the fridge just to be on the safe side. I purchased this for $32.50 which is pretty good for 4oz of product.