MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 7/26/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use this as an eyeshadow base/primer. I don't wear e/s often, but when I do, its usually loose dusts or pigments. I find that this helps the pigment adhere better, last longer and makes the colour pop. I might try Bare Study when I repurchase, as I find Painterly is just a wee bit on the pink side for my skintone. It has a tendency to dry out if you don't close it properly, so be very meticulous about that. It is also a little bit more difficult to apply, but this is possibly because it has a matte formula.

on 7/26/2010 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hmm, I had heard rave reviews about this as a base and so bought it for that purpose. Pretty disappointed with that.

Definitely doesn't stop creasing but does keep the colour on.

It is a beautiful colour and I really like the packaging, such a cute little pot. To me it is too heavy to be applied well with a brush and fingers seem to be the only thing that can properly smooth it onto the eyelids. I might try other colours, but this time I wasn't too happy with it, perhaps my expectations for it as a base were unrealistic, not sure. But still, I feel their are cream shadows with a much nicer consistency and finish out there.

Don't believe the hype. Make sure to try it out first.

on 7/25/2010 3:36:00 PM

This is an awesome primer for eyeshadow. I am an NC20 and this pretty much matches my complexion perfectly. A little bit goes a long way. The only problem is if you get a little heavy handed it can look a bit cakey. Other than that, it's great stuff!

on 7/25/2010 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love using it as a base for shadow application. It holds eye shadow very well and no creasing or fading! I've never used it as a shadow alone though, seems to pale. A must have in my make-up kit.

on 7/24/2010 8:04:00 PM

Love this! A few things, my paint pots have never creased on me! [Rubenesque and Painterly], even without primer underneath. The color pay off on Painterly is great! It doesn't match my skin tone, it is far too light. But I could see how it could blank out any redness or veining on lighter skin tones. I pretty much use this every day as a base. It transforms colors beautifully. I apply Woodwinked eyeshadow over top, and it transforms it into a beautiful lighter golden color. Painterly is like UDPP except pigmented opposed to sheer. The packaging is sleek, like most MAC packaging is. I think it is definitely worth the $16.00.

on 7/24/2010 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i have oily lids my es usually creases really bad n my eye liner smears too! after using this product my es stays on alllll day without budging! even if i go out clubing my es is the only thing still on at the end of the night! and i sweat alot! :( plus it makes es really pop! love this product! i never put es on with out it!

i have used primer potion as well... not even comparable to paint pots!

on 7/22/2010 12:06:00 PM

I use this as a base, I always use this first before I apply eyeshadow. When I apply eye shadow on it, it looks much more pigmented ! It stays for a long time on your eye too! I love it !!

on 7/13/2010 5:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this product! I put it on under my eyeshadow everyday, and get no creasing. I do admit i get fading after 15 hours, but that should be expected. Im currently in between NW15-20, and this color actually matches my skin tone!

Pros: Makes ES last!
good color
versatile
dries quick
over all good!

Cons:
my finger feels funny after applying.
No DS dupe!

I <3 it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Painterly is my favorite paint pot, I use UDPP then I put this in top and my eyeshadows last all day without any creasing. If I am in a hurry and don't have time to do my eyeshadow, I just use painterly on my eyelids and it looks very pretty, I always get compliments when I use it.

on 7/12/2010 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

It's what I use everyday. I like it and it lasts a long time. But I would consider switching if something better came along.

Top Rated MAC Products