April 23, 2014 | 1935 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by canadiangirl7861

good staple to have in collection. I use mine everyday to prime my lids and i do not experience any creasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I love the color of this paint pot but on my skin (NC25-NC30) it shows up a bit pink. I also have this in soft ochre which matches my skin better. MAC paint pot is a very generous size product and even with everyday use, it will still take a while before the pot is empty. The price is $16.50 and well worth it cause there's a lot of product in the pot. It can be a bit drying but with a primer it helps blend easily. I also use this on my lips instead of concealer, and let me tell you, this stuff makes lipstick and lipgloss last longer. It mutes very pigmented lips and is great as a base for lipsticks that are too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly89

I own 4 paint pots and painterly is one of my favourites after bare study. It looks very boring in the little pot; it almost looks like a concealor. However this makes a great eyeshadow primer for medium skinned toned ladies. It will really intensify any eyeshadow and give it a boost. Ironically i have very dry skins but very oily lids. Even when i wear painterly i get creasing within 5 hours of application. I do feel it's a lot creamier than bare study and rubenesque, but not enough to remain tacky. Overall is a pretty decent primer, especially for poeple who don't have very oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by fahzybear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I think it works even better than TFSI!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by normaestrada19

Painterly, oh Painterly, how I love thee. Love this product it's literally like glue for eyeshadow without the texture of glue. Goes on smooth and finishes smooth. I, unfortunately, was hoping that it would work as a primer AND base for my eye shadows, but alas my lids are so dang oily it was a no go. You get a huge amount for the price you pay (16.50) that even with daily use, which I do, I think this would last close to a lifetime. In a nutshell I love the texture, love how smooth it makes your eyelid area look, love the very natural color and overall just love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to base. Creates a nice smooth surface. Doesn't crease on me & keeps my shadow vibrant & fresh looking. On me it's completely flesh colored & for days/nights that i need a little extra staying power i'll put a little UDPP on first. Then nothing moves, lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 3:06:00 PM More reviews by hissy

I like the color and texture. However, I don't know why this shade creases on my lids. I use very little and unless I wear a primer, it will crease. This happens with certain shades. I am NC30 and find that foundation works about the same to give me the blank canvas to start with.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite paint pot of the paints I've tried. I love that it's MATTE which is hard to find in the paints/paint pots. On me, the color is a ballet pink. It's smooth and because it is matte and lighter colored, it really brightens up my whole area and doesn't look heavy like chunky shimmery eyeshadows do on my deep set eyes. The light color also looks nice against my fair skin and is great for an everyday look because it's easy and works with virtually any eyeliner. Definitely worth trying if you have paler skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2010 12:20:00 PM More reviews by HCarreon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this product everyday. Its been pretty good to me. Athough, after -6 hrs of wearing it, its creases up. 6 hrs is not bad at all. I just touch up and Im good to go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 11:25:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used MAC paint pots before and have had good luck. However, with this one - my shadow actually creased! I was so disappointed!

Also, the color was not really brightening at all, and that is something I like about primers.

There are many other primers you can get for less money, that are more effective.