Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 4/26/2009 12:34:00 PM

I really love this cleanser! It cleans away all my makeup and makes my skin feel nice and soft. Also, if i have any pimples this stuff makes them go away. The only thing I don't like is the smell. When I first bought this I thought i would never be able to use it again because it smells so bad, but I got used to it. This stuff is pretty expensive, but it's worth it because it is such a great product and it lasts a really long time. I've had it for three months and I've only used up about one quarter. I would really recommend this product, but if you cant handle bad smells, this stuff is not for you.

on 4/22/2009 3:52:00 PM

My favorite drugstore cleanser.

Another alternative is SpectroJel, I have used the purple one (Sensitive skin?). I find that Cetaphil cleanses more efficiently than SJ and has a nice baby powder scent that I like. It's not irritating for my skin at all. It lasts a really long time, maybe a couple months and I use 2-3 pumps twice everyday. Love that it comes in a pump!

Note: I am reviewing the blue/green/beige bottle, I don't like the original Cetaphil formula (blue label)

on 4/22/2009 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I wish this worked better for me but it didnt clean off all the grime and makeup. Not worth my money and doesn't keep my skin clear.

on 4/21/2009 9:28:00 PM

-made my face feel dry and tight
-broke me out
-was sooo harsh on my skin!
- dried my skin out so much

gave it away.

on 4/20/2009 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This does absolutely nothing for my oily skin. Maybe my skin is too oily for it, I don't know. I hate how it doesn't even lather up. I like the pump bottle, though.

on 4/20/2009 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I thought this was going to be a really good product. It is awful. It smells so bad that I had to wash my face a second time to get the smell off. It left my face feeling dry and tight, not clean. I sure would not recommend this to anyone!

HATE THIS STUFF! I know many people love this cleanser...I don't!!!! It doesn't work well for me at all and I will never go back!

on 4/19/2009 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this product after a co-worker of mine recommended it to me since I have combination skin (oily on my cheeks and nose). I like using this product as a makeup remover or cleansing right before applying my makeup. I don't use this just to cleanse my face because I really don't feel it "cleansing". I'm used to cleansers that are creamer or have some lil' micro scrubs on it. I do have to say that this product has helped with my oilyness and I am still using it. I do like it but don't love it!!!

on 4/18/2009 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So disappointed. I am on Retin-A so have oily but severely dehydrated skin. I thought this cleanser would clean, yet not dry out my skin any further. This is not the case...my face is flaky, extremely tight, after washing. At first I thought it was pretty good b/c it was better than my previuos cleansers in this respect (ie. didn't dry out AS MUCH), but still..isn't a gentle cleanser supposed to be gentle/???? maybe i'll try the regular version.

on 4/17/2009 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using this for about 5 years and it's the best cleanser for MY skin. I've tried many, many dif. cleanser and I always come back to this. I have combo skin, which is VERY oily in the summer. I just love it:)