April 16, 2014 | 1551 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2012 9:36:00 AM More reviews by annabee87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Cute packaging and nice and colorful...but as a lip balm, doesn't do anything! Just makes my lips feel waxy/greasy and comes off very fast. Would not advise anyone to buy it, just stick with chapstick.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Xillabub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a good lip balm, made my lips peel and flake and feel drier afterwards. Not repurchasing! You can get much better lipbalms easily, even though this is cheap. I like Badgers lip balms.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:47:00 PM More reviews by 00Lindsay00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first pretty colour, nice texture...but made my lips peel for some reason. I even tried exfoilating them and then wearing it again, no luck. I was sad..good smell..cute package..not sp good product:(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Ivyfromthewall

It's an okay product. It doesn't leave a weird taste on your lips. However, the whole "8 hours" commercial is so not true. It works the same and more expensive than a regular lip balm. Do I like it? Yes. Will I repurchase it? No.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by jennstar777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

works like a less creamy vaseline but in really cute packaging that encourages me to apply all day. it has helped my lips, no miracles (i still have peeling). the smell is like lemonade chapstick, wish it didn't have a smell actually. anyhow it's pretty cheap try it out!

update-been through a couple tubes and don't think it's that great. my lips are still chapped often. i'll stick to my cheap chapsticks they work just as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by raanders

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I brought this on a camping trip with me, and boy, it was a mistake. I found that this product is nooooot a chap stick. My lips were cracking and were very painful by the end of my trip even with constant use of this. Now, its not the worst product if what you're looking for is a good smell and a shine on your lips. But it doesn't moisturize your lips and doesn't taste good either.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by xoxpinkxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, I think these are so cute and a must have! I have two of them (cherry me and pink punch). Really love, love, LOVE the smell of both! This definitely does not moisturize for 8 hours but it's still okay. I really like the tint that comes off from applying each of them. It's not super bold, just light and effortless which I love (of course it depends on how much you apply). It's also very affordable and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by kcd27

So whenever I use any other lip balm/gloss/lipstick/vassaline,etc., my lips are soft and smooth and feeling good for about 5 minutes, and then after that they feel dry and gross again. However, Baby lips makes my lips soft for hours after use! If I use it a couple times throughout the day, my lips always feel soft smooth all the time. Even when I dont wear babylips my lips are still soft because of this product!! It's the only thing thats ever worked for my lips...its the best!!!! If anyone want the perfect, soft, smooth, juicy big luscious lips then this product is a MUST HAVE!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 6:31:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

First of all, the 8 hour moisture? HA! What a blatant marketing lie. Lucky to not have to rehydrate lips with something better in a couple hours.
Bought 3 of these when they were $1.99 at Walgreen's before the hype hit, I guess. I felt ripped to pay the $1.99 and now I see that they are selling for double that.
Amazing packaging, very retro yet VS Pink brand- invoking style.
Product- junky! It's really no better than any standard chap stick. Ingredients are nothing to write home about. The red tinted one wears and looks just like standard cherry chapstick, or perhaps that "mood lipstick" novelty junk.
SPF is good, moisturization; fair. But really, paying a premium price for a sub-par product as far as benefits and efficacy go.
If you want color- go with lipstick/gloss. If you want moisture and protection, buy something with less synthetic and strange ingredients.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by atroquinine

This tube is pretty amazing in some ways but definitely does not deliver on moisturizing my lips. I have the bright pink one and it smells very fruity and delicious, so I like it for that reason. Definitely not worth buying again though given there are other more moisturizing lip balms out there for similar price.
Pros:
Smells great
Deposits a nice amount of sheer color
Looks pretty nice after you first apply
Only four bucks
Cons:
Did not have any lasting effect for moisturizing
Settles into lines/cracks formed by any dryness you may have
Comes off completely within three hours, comes right off if you sip a drink