January 29, 2015 | 1845 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this gel eyeliner. I've only tried the black colour, but it has really great pigmentation. It is very black and it's not shiny which I like. It stays on for a long long time, but as it is a gel eyeliner it can smudge, so don't go rubbing your eyes to much or it'll leave a black smeary mess. It's pretty waterproof as well which is nice. I even like the little brush it comes with, it works well enough to apply the product so there's no need to go buy another brush. There are only a few things I don't like about it:
When you first apply it, it can transfer very easily. I like to apply eyeliner to the whole top lash line all the way to the inner corner of the eye, and I find the eyeliner will usually transfer to the bottom lash line in the inner corner. It's easy to remove so it's not a big deal, I just don't like the look and feel like I need to check on my eyeliner a few times to make sure it stays in that area.
It's also kind of a pain to put on. I usually use liquid pen eyeliners because you just need to swipe them over the lash line a few times and you're done. This gel liner takes a lot longer to apply, and it's harder to remove if you make a mistake. It also gumps up my eyelashes so I need to be careful to remove that right away or I might blink and get it all over my eye... Normal liquid liner usually takes me about 1 min. to apply both eyes, but with this it takes me twice or 3 times as long depending on how many mistakes I make.

Other than those few things, I love it! It's way cheaper than other gel liners and works just as good. I actually like it better than the one MAC makes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:47:00 AM More reviews by 0ireeeneee0

I bought this gel liner in mid year of 2011.. I use it almost everyday and im not even halfway done with it! looks like its gnna last me till next year! i love the glass container as it looks high end and its cool that it comes with a brush.. i love this product.. would definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:20:00 AM More reviews by jjhoang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this gel eyeliner. It's super affordable. But I find that it's not pigmented enough because I have to swipe my brush in the pot several times. Also I recommend using a primer because after 4-5 hours it will smudge terribly.. well especially on oily lids like mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by ZackAttackGrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Good liner. Good on the water line, which is definitely a plus for a gel liner! Pretty pigmented and super creamy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by misstcb

Hallelujah! FINALLY an eyeliner I don't have to touch up every two hours. While it doesn't last 24one hours, it doesn't matter because it lasts from the time I put it on to the time I take it off. I only do a touch up i if I going out. This has been become my HG in eyeliner and for only $7, it's a miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by juculin

Great packaging (the brush it comes with is very good quality too), easy to apply, versatile (waterline and upper lash line), lasts all day. I really have nothing bad to say about this. I've had mine for a year and it was starting to dry out but I took an antibacterial wipe and kind of wiped away the dry top layer and it's fine now. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by 4tee1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a new convert to gel liners all because of this product. I have it in brown, eggplant and sapphire. My fave has to be the brown and I am lemming for the charcoal color. I was looking for a replacement for the shadow liners and liner pencils I have used all my life. I was tired of crumbly, skipping products that after all my effort to apply still wore off at the end of the day. These are so easy to apply! Nice brush for application, I smudge a small amount of the product on the back of my hand and swirl the brush around in it to get it to a point and distribute the product evenly, this method makes for perfect application every time. Then of course I have to tissue off the smudge on the back of my hand and if I leave it on there too long, I have to scrub with soap because this stuff sticks! LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by stephania88

Stays all day, does not flake. I use this on my clients and I get awesome feedback, it does not budge even with wedding tears or hot temperatures. Love the little brush it comes with :)
Best eyeliner ever. Period.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by pink3rbellx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lasts better than any other eyeliner I've ever used before, but still transfers to my bottom lid after around 5 hours.
I have extremely oily lids, though.
Edited to add:
A few months later and I've stopped using this. This summer I used it every day with primer potion underneath and it actually lasted beautifully. However, with the arrival of fall, not even UDPP can keep this stuff on. I don't know if my lids have gotten oilier or what, or if the product has gotten old (I still have a ton left..), but I decided to stop using it and moved on to another.
I give this like a 3.7 but rounded up, a 4.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by LilEdie

I bought this liner to replace an old Bobbi Brown gel liner I had. The price was right & the brush looked amazing to do a cat's eye look.

While the gel is the same quality as Bobbi Brown & the brush is a very nice size, it is not as easy to control as other styles of liquid or gel liner I have used.

While I think the brush is great, it's just too hard to get a thin line with it & sometimes you can, sometimes not so much. Maybe with a different brush I would have liked it more but I like ease of use and this one, not so much.

If you like to spend the time & you like a somewhat thicker line then I'm sure this is great b/c it is longwearing & just like most other higher end gel liners but I find my cheapo Wet & Wild thin brush liquid liner is the best I have ever used, lasts the longest and is only $3.