September 17, 2014 | 1691 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by aznlau22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i love this liner! i have it in black and it's very black. it's creamy and smooth. i haven't experienced any drying out since this purchase was quite recent so i can't tell you how fast it dries out. this liner hasn't smudged or faded or flaked on me whatsoever; it's really perfect! i also like the brush too! i thought it would just be a crappy brush but it works very well on me and i can easily obtain a thin, medium, or thick line. i love the control i have with gel and it's so easy to use which says a lot because i never used gel liner before. for me, gel and brush is much easier to use than a liner and it looks so much better than pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by ktkemp33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lasts FOREVER. I used Loreal Infallible for years, but it started smudging badly, maybe from my eye cream?

This stuff last forever - it was still on at the end of the night!
Nice brush - buildable - going back to get the other colors!!!

$7.50 at Target

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rain12blue

I have this both in Black and Brown.

Pros:
- Colors are vibrant. Black is truly black and the Brown is a deep brown with gold specks.
- It lasts a fair amount of time, although if you smudge it or if you're eyelids are oily then by the end of the day this liner will fade. A good primer is a must for oily lids/hooded eyes.
- the brush that comes with it is amazing! I use it all the time, and it creates the perfect line you want. Just remember to clean it every now and then as product will clump/cling on it if not regularly washed.
- price is not that bad compared to other gel liners

Cons:
- As I've said, does not last long. Just enough for a full day at the office

Overall I like this gel liner, it is easy to apply and the color is great. I just wished it would last a little bit longer but would definitely recommend to friends and will purchase again!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well... all I have to say is this isnt that great. It doesnt do anything more than what my eyeliner pencils ever did. It doesnt smudge on my upper lids at all but I dont wear that much eyeliner in the first place so I never had much of a problem with that. I wanted something to put on my waterline that would actually stay but alas these smudge off the waterline pretty fast (whithin an hour) just like anything else! I dont think ill ever find anything that will stay put on the waterline......

I do like the brush it comes with though. I bought this in brown and black but I have only tried the brown one so far. I think I will keep them and use them up but I wont rebuy because I find using eyeliner pencils to be a lot easier and faster.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by charlottewebster

Nice consistency and great pignentation. I find this is creamier than Mac blacktrack fluidline and therefore easier to apply a well pigmented wing eye in less time than MAC which I find needs to be layered up to appear solid black.

I have oily lids and my fluidline transfers to my crease after about 5 hours wear. This transfers more than the fluidline so it's a fail for me unfortunately... For those without oily lids, I'd suggest this over the Mac fluidline!! I get the most longlasting results with liquid eyeliners.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by Memoriesin

very very nice product, you can smudge it for a smokey eye look. You can give it a clean stroke for a nice cat eye. It is very awesome!
But the only downside is the saying ability. It is not very durable especially on oily skin :(
Smudges by the end of the day and gave me panda eyes lol. Probably because the weather here is hot and humid.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

By far the best gel/cream liner on the market smooth and easy to apply and when it sets its budge proof. Also doesn't make my eyes burn and itch like MAC fluidline and doesnt flake like Smashbox or Benefit liners. Brilliant product for the price. I mix black and the brown to make the perfect blackest brown shade. Also the brown makes a fantastic brow filler for those with dark brunette hair. Brush is good quality also.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by ladyyluck18

this is probably the best eyeliner i have ever used, it doesn't smudge and it doesn't come off with water, if you don't reapply after so many hours, it fades though but that's normal! i'm very pleased with this product and i found my new go-to eyeliner for my cat eye look! the brush is just an added bonus too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by FreeShootingStar

I love this stuff! i bought it because i was just looking for a new eyeliner that wasn't a pencil but wouldn't smudge and let me tell you...it doesn't! some people on here say it does, but i havn't had that problem at all. When i apply it, I do have to say if where you apply it touches your eyelid before it dries, you get a little smudging, but i just make sure it dries before it let it touch my eyelid. It stays on FOREVER! I even accidently left it on over night and it was stil a perfect line by the time I woke up...amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 6:04:00 AM More reviews by kf2012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually use liquid liner and this was one of my first forays into the world of gel liner.

I actually find the brush to be good and that's what I use to apply it. The bristles are just the right balance between stiff and flexible. I kept the little plastic tube that came on the brush and keep it on when not in use to protect the bristles. I've had mine for about 3 months now and there's no sign of the gel drying out yet.

The texture of the liner itself is very smooth and moist, but not wet. It feels more creamy to me than gel-like. I can apply a very thin, subtle line with the brush, or I can apply a thick, dramatic line. I also find it easy to do winged liner with this. It takes a few minutes for it to set completely once on the eye, and until then it can be smudged to soften the line.

After it's set, it doesn't budge. With an eyelid primer, it wears all day and doesn't smudge, crease, or fade. Without an eyelid primer, it will still wear well with a very slight amount of fading on my oily eyelids.

This is somewhat water-resistant on me. The majority of it comes off with my cleanser, but to remove it completely, I have to either wash twice (and make sure to give my eye area a thorough rub-down with the cleanser) or use something oily.

I have this in "Charcoal." It's a lovely deep charcoal gray with some shimmer. The shimmer isn't very noticeable unless viewing up close.

This won't replace liquid liners for me, but it's a great product in its own right and a good introduction to gels.