Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ Ī ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 5/13/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Once on it will not move until I want it to. However the brush will cause an injury if used I suggest dumping that. I gave it to my son for his painting sessions (he's 4).
I love eyeliner as my lashes are short and my eyes whilst almond shaped are small so a slick of liner can make a huge difference to my face without much effort. My kind of makeup.

on 5/13/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Great alternative to my beloved Bobbi Brown eyeliner. Even the packaging is very similar between the 2 of them!
I bought this as I wanted to try a new eyeliner plus I didnt have the money to pay for the Bobbi Brown and I am absolutely pleased with the quality of this eyeliner!
It comes in a little glass tub with a very good quality eyeliner brush.
This one lasts for ages I am an eyeliner addict and I still got plenty to go through.
It is very smooth when applied, doesnt flake and it stays put for a good while.
I am taking 1 lippie because although it is quite pigmented it is slightly less pigmented than the Bobbi Brown.
Apart from that, great eyeliner and definately repurchasing.

on 5/13/2012 9:50:00 AM

I liked this more than Mac's Blacktrack and BB gel eyeliner. This is more intense black and stays put. It's also cheaper. In every way it is the best.

on 5/13/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My first gel liner, and i love it loads! As i've the 'accursed' asian inner double eyelid, most eyeliner that claims to be smudge proof i've used smudges badly within an hour :(

This hardly smudges and lasts for hours.. My pot still looks full after a few months as a few swipes in it is enough. It is really worth it :) Am tempted to buy the sliver and black pot now

This was my first gel eyeliner and since I had a store discount I decided to give it a go. I love the look of liquid liner on the eyes but cannot, for the life of me, use one with ease. The liner is pretty creamy, and easy to apply. The brush is a little scratchy and uncomfortable to use and too much of a faff to use, so I use a thin eyeliner brush. Overall, good product.

on 5/12/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was my second gel liner that i purchased, the first one was a brown shade by The Face Shop. and i must say that THIS gel liner IS FAR MORE BETTER than that gel liner. its very pigmented (VERY BLACK) and creamy! it glides on very smoothly. and yes it doesnt smudge and is waterproof. the brush is good as well! overall, i would purchase this again and again. totally worth the money!

on 5/11/2012 11:16:00 AM

I bought this out of curiosity, and considering I usually use liquid eyeliner worth about 3 pounds it was more expensive than I would have liked. However, despite looking like a tiny pot, you don't need much and it's lasted me ages so I think it's well worth the money.
The brush that comes with it works well, although to get the most out of it clean it after each time you use it otherwise the liner will dry solid on the brush and you damage the bristles trying to get it off.
I find that I can get a good straight line, and find it easy to do a winged look. I'm good at using liquid liner anyway, but I think this gel liner is easier, partly because it's less messy and easier to clean up mistakes, so it's perfect for beginners.
One problem I have with it is that it smudges a bit, and I don't have very oily skin. Even if I put powder on my eyelids I still find that it transfers and smudges. Also, it's not as jet-black as I would like. I usually use the gel liner and then go over it with liquid liner, which isn't a waste of time because it leaves me with a super long lasting result that's really black and a really good shape.
Something I do like this for it for my bottom lash line (not the water line though, not sure if you're meant to use it there because it could get into your eye). For my bottom lashes I like the fact that it's kinda smudgy. I don't find that it all rubs off or looks like I have black eyes by the end of the day, which is something that often happens with kohl liners.

So i think this is the same gel liner i bought from Maybelline... my packaging is a little different (black lid) but the names the same so i'm like 99% sure i'm reviweing the right one... anyways i decided to buy this when i ran out of liquid liner. This has pretty much replaced all my liquid liners!!! I love this because it's so versatile. You can wear it on your tightline, or as a shadow base, or just as eyeliner on your lids!!! it lasts ALL DAY LONG. no joke. it's amazing. Barely fades. The things i miss about liquid is the unmatchable intensity and easier application (for me at least). Otherwise i'm really glad i got this. Doesn't dry out quickly like other gel and cream liners do. You don't need a lot of product on the brush either. Summary: good shelf life, amazing versatility, long wear time. <3 <3 <3

on 5/8/2012 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first gel liner which I bought based on the reviews here as well as the price. My first impression was very positive. It went on smooth, had great lasting power, was easy to apply (comes with own brush which is a plus if you donít have one) and is cheap! After about a year the gel started to dry out and does not apply as smooth as it used to. Nonetheless, I would not let that deter anyone from trying it. Even if it needed to be replaced every 6 months, itís inexpensive so it wonít break the bank.

EDIT: I am revisiting this reviewing and changing the rating from 4 lippies to 5. After some reading I was able to re-moisurize this eye liner and bring it back to its original consistency. I have now been using it for almost 2 years and still have at least 1/3 left. It stays on all day (especially when using a primer--Urban Decay)! Cannot go wrong with this eye liner!

on 5/7/2012 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I read the reviews on make up alley before I bought this product, and for someone who very rarely spends more than £5 on a make up product, this was a major splurge for me at £7.99! It does go a long way though, it only looks small but you hardly need to use any. I use it to line my eyelids and my bottom waterline. For someone with oily eyelids and pretty watery eyes, I am impressed with the lasting power of this product! it really does last all day and I haven't found it to smudge at all as others have said it does. And the brush is great but does need washing regularly. The criticism I would give is that I would like the colour to be more intense, despite the fact it is called Intense Black! It is good eneough though and I am sure it would look darker if you applied a few coats. BUY!

Video Reviews & Tutorials