November 27, 2014 | 1532 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

After my Revlon colorstay liquid liner was starting to dry out, and a party to get to, I decided to purchase this. I've already heard rave reviews about this particular product so I had a lot of hopes and expectations.

And... wow. Needless to say, this gel eyeliner met them all. I don't think I'll even consider looking back. I've never really wanted or needed a thin line so basically, the brush that comes along with this is perfect. It's soft and it enables the color to glide on smoothly. Didn't smudge onto my eyeshadow either even though I perspired quite a bit. Will update after a few more uses, if needed, but I think I won't need to. :]

Update: Since I'm not a frequent makeup user, I found that the leftover eyeliner in the pot turned hard and cold after a while. So I think that means that it needs to be warmed up before application? Because several swipes with my brush had no effect compared to rubbing my pinkie into the pot.

Disappointing. However, this is the older formula (hard, glass-like pot) and I recently bought the newer formula (plastic jar) so I will add on another review once I've used the latter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by LHARTWICK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always used pencil eyeliners. On a whim I purchased this in black. I really thought I would make a complete mess of things trying to apply it to my eyelids, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use! The brush that is included produces a very sharp, crisp line, and it stays put all day long. Even after 12 hours it still looks fresh. I only gave it 4 lippies because this is one of the many black eyeliners I've tried that always come out looking navy. The navy is a great color, but I also need something in black. However it does help if I use a black/brown pencil eyeliner first then apply the gel eyeliner - that helps give a deeper color. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by GoDawgs

I love this product, but also take my review with a grain of salt as it's the only gel eyeliner I've tried. I've been using pencils for years, but wanted to try this for more of a liquid liner look. I was worried that it would look like crap since I've been out of practice, but loved that it went on with ease and looked fantastic the first time I tried. It lasted all day and looked great. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Gel liners have the intensity of liquid e/l and the smoothness of kohl liners
Price: ~$10 CAD
Pkg: 3g/0.106oz glass jar
Colour: (Eggplant) plummy violet
Finish: subtle shimmer
Pigmentation: opaque
Lasts all day on my super duper oily lids. Best part is, absolutely 100% ZERO smudging on my lower lash line!!! Eggplant is a shade that darkens my lash line in a natural way so I love it.
Will buy Blackest Black later :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by anaisadorkie

I have this eyeliner in charcoal and I really like it. It stays on all day and doesn't flake. I love the glass container... It keeps it from drying out which I have not yet experienced. Some peoples may have dried out because of the type of weather or climate that they have... It could be the temperature of your house ,a nice 70-75 degrees would do it.

One thing that I hate is the brush it comes with. That can be easily fixed and it doesn't put a downer on the product itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by tlanpn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an eyeliner junkie. Having tried MAC, BB, Smashbox, L'Oreal, Wet 'n Wild, Tarte, Mally Beauty, etc., I stumbled upon this little gem at a my local Ulta. I decided to give it a try. I have have oily lids and no matter what I do including eye primer, everything seems to smudge and disappear after a couple of hours. I also usually find that most "black" eyeliners are really not truly black, but either look sort of charcoal when applied or fade to a charcoal. Not true for the EyeStudio. Not only was it easy to apply a nice clean sharp BLACK line just at the base of the lashes, but it did not budge or fade throughout the day. I even liked the brush included which is rare as most are cheap and useless.
This is definitely my HG! I have not had the problem with the gel drying out and I have had my current pot for several months now, but even if it did dry out, the cost is nominal in comparison to the other major brands. Well worth the price for a great BLACK gel eyeliner that lasts and does not smudge.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by peekaboa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Other

i dont think i would try BB gel liner again. This is an extremely value for money product that one of my MUST get products. It doesn't smear under eye. The brush is the best among those comes with the gel pot but you should use angled liner brush for more accurate impact

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Hecate29

At first I was amazed: it is jet black, creamy, applies smoothly... and the price! What more could you possibly want?
But after a while it dried up, leaving me very dissapointed.
I also find the brush useless, but it works for some people, so maybe I got a 'faulty' one.

I shall repurchase if I don't find anything better.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 7:48:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is the BEST eyeliner (liguid/gel) out there when you consider the quality/pricepoint. It goes on smoothly and stays on (no fallout here) until you take it off. It will never smear under your eyes thereby needing a touch-up. My only judgement is with the brush which comes w/it. I don't think it's the best brush to produce the best effect, but why shoukd it be (at this price?) If you use this w/a better quality brush (MAC) you can get an even nicer more perfect look. It still is the BEST even w/the brush provided (which really isn't bad, just not of high a quality which is available, purchased seperately.) The color is very dense so a little goes a long way. You have the ability to make it as thin (so thin that it just looks part of the lashline) or as thick as you want. It's very easy to do that 60's eyeliner swept upward at the end of the eye for the "cat eyed" look. The color range is teriffic as they are all pretty and you will want all of them (not an impossibility cosidering the price.) I've had it since the day it hit shelves and it hasn't dried out or been compromised in anyway. Just make sure you always keep the cap srewed on tight!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No