Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (All Shades)

3.9

cyclopentasiloxane, propylsilsesquioxane, ceresin, isodecane, cyclohexasiloxane, caprylyl methicone, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica silyate, disteardimonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, propylene carbonate, candelilla wax, caprylyl glycol, aluminum hydroxide, calcium sodium borosilicate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, tin oxide. [ ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499/iron oxides, mica, ci 77491/titanium dioxide, ci 77007/ultramarines, ci 77510/ferric ferrocyanide, ci 77288/chromium oxide greens, ci 77289/chromium hydroxide green, ci 77742/manganese violet, ci 42090/blue 1 lake, ci 19140/yellow 5 lake, ci 77510/ferric ammonium ferrocyanide]

on 5/16/2012 12:04:00 AM

I have this in brown. I am an eyeliner noob you could say; I'm 25 and just now figuring out how to wear eyeliner on my lids (rather than waterline) because I could never get it to look right before. Now I've discovered it just takes lining my upper waterline with a pencil then using the right gel liner & brush combo - and this is it! This formula is excellent. When it comes to gel liners I've tried MAC Fluidline gel (dryer formula, irritates my eyes a little, and wrong tone of brown for me), Revlon Colorstay gel, Wet n Wild gel.. and others I'm forgetting just now. None of them worked for me, but this does. The formula is the creamiest I've used so far, and I think that helps me to apply it much easier and get a more fluid looking line that doesn't look like a 5 year old drew it. It doesn't irritate my eyes. Typical of drugstore products, it is not initially super pigmented - but that's okay, because it's very layerable. If you want it to look pigmented, dark & intense you can easily just apply a second layer (unlike some liners I've used where a second layer just wipes the first layer off).

What's even crazier is I actually like the brush it came with. It allows me to draw both thinner and thicker lines depending on how I hold it and the pressure applied. I'm sure it's not of lasting quality but it doesn't need to be, because you get a new one with each purchase. I'm glad I was too lazy to go grab my MAC brush when I first tried it, or else I'd have thrown the brush away without ever trying it.

Specific to the brown color: It looks much lighter and warmer in the pot than it does on your eyes. I was pleasantly surprised when I put it on and it was a darker, cooler looking brown.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My favorite eyeliner. It's super long lasting, smudge proof, waterproof. It's legit lasting. I even like the brush it comes with. My local Walmart was out once so I opted for HIP creme eyeliner and it sucked! It was hardly pigmented, it smudged like crazy. I looked like a raccoon. This is by far the best and at such a great price.

on 5/14/2012 10:00:00 AM

I rarely write makeup reviews but I just had to for this one. :) Love, love, LOVE this eyeliner. I have very oily lids and eyeliners never work on me. I've tried so many brands, Mac, majorlica, and all of them gave me horrible panda eyes after a few hours of wear. (I live in a country with a very hot and humid climate)

I thought I could never wear eyeliner ever until I got this in black. This stuff does not budge, even when I'm out in the hot sun all day long. Super long lasting, looks just as good at night as it does in the morning when i first put it on my makeup, I don't even need to do touch ups. The packaging is really good, I dropped it on the floor the other day and it didn't shatter. :D This eyeliner works like a dream, love it to bits, its real value for money and will definitely repurchase again.

on 5/14/2012 7:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is the best gel eyeliner I have EVER used! I love this eyeliner so much. It's so creamy and just glides on my eyes. I recently stopped using pencil eyeliner because they just never lasted long enough and always smudged, I had been looking for a replacment for a while and this is the one. Even on my water line it seems to stay all day and stay very black. I love the packaging; the simple frosted glass pot and metal lid looks amazing and so classy. I love that it has a brush with it to, it's so handy. I would definatly buy this eyeliner again, I use it everday but it seems to last for agesss.

on 5/13/2012 9:40:00 PM

Love everything about this! My HG eyeliner! I use it everyday an on my oily lids it doesn't smudge! It's not super cheap but w.e love itttttt

on 5/13/2012 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Once on it will not move until I want it to. However the brush will cause an injury if used I suggest dumping that. I gave it to my son for his painting sessions (he's 4).
I love eyeliner as my lashes are short and my eyes whilst almond shaped are small so a slick of liner can make a huge difference to my face without much effort. My kind of makeup.

on 5/13/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Great alternative to my beloved Bobbi Brown eyeliner. Even the packaging is very similar between the 2 of them!
I bought this as I wanted to try a new eyeliner plus I didnt have the money to pay for the Bobbi Brown and I am absolutely pleased with the quality of this eyeliner!
It comes in a little glass tub with a very good quality eyeliner brush.
This one lasts for ages I am an eyeliner addict and I still got plenty to go through.
It is very smooth when applied, doesnt flake and it stays put for a good while.
I am taking 1 lippie because although it is quite pigmented it is slightly less pigmented than the Bobbi Brown.
Apart from that, great eyeliner and definately repurchasing.

on 5/13/2012 9:50:00 AM

I liked this more than Mac's Blacktrack and BB gel eyeliner. This is more intense black and stays put. It's also cheaper. In every way it is the best.

on 5/13/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My first gel liner, and i love it loads! As i've the 'accursed' asian inner double eyelid, most eyeliner that claims to be smudge proof i've used smudges badly within an hour :(

This hardly smudges and lasts for hours.. My pot still looks full after a few months as a few swipes in it is enough. It is really worth it :) Am tempted to buy the sliver and black pot now

This was my first gel eyeliner and since I had a store discount I decided to give it a go. I love the look of liquid liner on the eyes but cannot, for the life of me, use one with ease. The liner is pretty creamy, and easy to apply. The brush is a little scratchy and uncomfortable to use and too much of a faff to use, so I use a thin eyeliner brush. Overall, good product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials