August 30, 2014 | 1824 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by organicjunkiee

Love it ! It is best foundation I have used ever apart from pure light from Christian Dior. When I checked the ingredient list on cosmetic database(in build you report section) it had a very good rating(2) ,very happy about it cos I am very particular about not using highly chemicalised stuff on ma skin. And I prefer usin foundation without sun protection cause I anyways use Mac prep and prime SPF 50 during the day , ithis foundation is more suitable for dry skin....stays all day long doesn't contain alcohol and gives ur skin a lovely glow what more cud u ask for in a foundation?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by jeangirdler

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have been using this foundation for a few years, and I rarely repurchase! I have medium/olive combination skin, and Barcelona works well for me. In winter I also blend it with Santa Fe.

The coverage is light but has great coverage. Skins look dewy and warm. I like the colour match with Bobbi Brown foundations, but didn't stay nearly as long as NARS or cover blemishes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by underage

I really don't see the obsession with this product. I got this for a discount and I would never purchase it at full price (I believe its $42? for this small bottle). I got the color Santa Fe and I'm usually NW20 or 25. I guess it has pretty good coverage and but it wears off very fast on me even with a primer. I don't see any "glow"..My face looks pretty matte and it feels dry. I was hoping it would be a somewhat moisturizing foundation but I was wrong. If you don't blend it enough it will look streaky and just sit on top of your face which doesn't look very natural. I honestly prefer my Revlon Colorstay over this foundation! I'm disappointed because I had heard many good things but I would not repurchase. I might even return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by pinkxbubbles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wear the shade Barcelona. I stipple it on with MAC's 187 and just love the look I get. It looks fresh natural and like real skin but better. I hate matte heavy foundation and my skin doesn't breakout with sheer glow. Sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer for a tinted moisturizer and it's really nice that way. It lasts all day and the shade just blends right into my golden tanned skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Swonder1

Oh, NARS sheer glow.. I absolutely love this foundation. It is the perfect color for my winter-pale skintone (Deauville-sp?) and the finish is perfect: not too dewy and not too matte. BUT, it breaks out my forehead. I can use it all over my face, but not on my forehead. I have never had oily, acne prone skin, but the last 6 months i have been braking out. I dont blame the foundation, my skin in just changing as I'm getting older (i'm 21..). The packaging is nice, but it doesnt have a pump (you can buy one though) and its quite heavy. So as long as I dont get this on my forehead this is the perfect foundation. If you have acne prone skin, i would skip it, but if your skin is resilient this is prefect! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by wintertragedyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a little over a month now. I do not use it every day, I have many foundations that I go between (mineral, bb creams, other high end foundations) but every time I use this foundation, I am wow'd.

Originally I bought this in the shade Siberia. I loved it then because it glided on my skin like silk, but unfortunately it never "blended" very well with my skin and within an hour or two my skin would look kind of "patchy". I was sad because the finish of this product was so gorgeous.

After reading a few reviews about other people's experience with this product, I decided the color must be off. I marched myself down to Sephora and exchanged Siberia for Mont Blanc. Now it blends like a dream. It literally disappears into my skin and looks great all day. I am oily in my t-zone, and do have to blot one or twice, but I have to do this with ANY foundation that I use.

So, if you are having a bad experience with the blendibility of this product, I would suggest maybe trying a different shade. You may have a much, much better result!

*EDIT 2013*

I no longer use this foundation as my skin has gone from slightly oily to full blown grease slick. Although it used to look GORGEOUS on my skin, now I find that it tends to slip off and look gross in a few hours of wear. I do not blame the foundation for this, it is not meant for skin as oily as mine has become. But it is definitely something to keep in mind if you have super oily skin. But still, it is a 5/5 if you have the skin type for it!

*EDIT LATE 2013*

Skin is significantly less oily now due to medication (Spironolactone) and this foundation is beautiful on my skin again. YAY! I now use the shade Deauville which may be just a shade darker than my skintone (NC15ish) but I actually prefer it that way these days to give some much needed color to my skin. It lasts all day (10hrs) if I powder it on my slightly oily (but manageable now, again, yay!) skin. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Stellawish12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! Santa fe is the perfect match to me. I have a few different foundations on he go but reach for the sheer glow every day!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by kim84

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard such good things about this that I needed to try it. I did my research on it and though the reviews were 50/50 I decided to get it anyway. My skin seems to change with the weather, some days it's dry, some greasy. I ordered it from Sephora, after looking into how the colors run. I'm mac nw20/22 depending on the foundations. They told me to order Deuville, which is supposidely a perfect match. I put it on and it was so light. I mean it matched my skin tone. BUT, weirdly it made me feel ghostly. No glow. Just casper like. It greased up and slid right off few hrs. later. Gross! I started googling again and makeupgeek.com popped up, and Marlena said she mixes it with Colorstay. Perfect! I have that! WELLLLLLL, it lightened that color, and made me look again like a ghost. It definitely did not look dewey. This is like a cheap drugstore foundation not worth the $. Def. returning! OH and fyi- this foundation gave me a tiny breakout within an hr. Not bad, but still, arent the all bad?

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by twilson9655

This is by far the WORST foundation I have ever tried. Nars' Sheer Glow Foundation made me break out with huge cystic acne after just the first use. I normally use Dermalogica's foundation but wanted something with more coverage. Since I love Deep Throat by Nars I assumed the foundation would be as equally loved, however, that couldn't be further from the truth. I found this foundation very difficult to spread and the coverage faded tremendously within a couple hours. I have combination skin and felt like an oil slick by the end of the day. If you have acne prone skin I would be leery of this foundation. Still can't figure out how this is an HG item for many.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 1:00:00 PM More reviews by DanniiFaceCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this foundation. I went to my NARS counter to pick up Deep Throat blusher and the lady gave me some samples. She matched me to the shade Fiji Lights.
I never really had an interest in this foundation, because I love medium to full coverage and I assumed this was very light so I just tossed the samples in my makeup bag. It was only when I discovered that one of the packets had burst, that I decided to try it on. I fell in love.
It matched my skin so well, as I had a bit of fake tan on, which I usually wear. It covers all of my redness really well and leaves a really nice finish. It's very buildable and I can wear it light or full.
The bottle is so pretty but I really wish it had a pump. I've been using it for a week and haven't gotten any breakouts so far. I will definitely repurchase if this keeps up.