April 19, 2014 | 1848 users online

Bronzers - BeneFit Cosmetics - HOOLA

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Amieem

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great bronzer!
A great color, it is very bronze and not orange at all! (Unlike MACS bronzer...)
It stays all day and it great for a sun kissed look, or for contouring!

Also this small box lasts forever! I bought this about a year ago, and i still have tons left! and i Use it everyday to contour!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Sianyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My collection 2000 bronzer is better then this, and it was something like 2.
It's a horrible dirty matte brown colour, with no shimmer. Not even slightly.
I like something with a slight sparkle even if it's a tiny amount becuase it illuminates the face and makes you look healthy.
I even used the smallest amount with my kabuki brush becuase i'm pale but the colour just drags my face down. It would be good for someone who likes dark matte bronzers, but not for me. I much prefer benefits other powders.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:09:00 AM More reviews by micmiller

I have been using MAC's Refined Golden for ages as my go to bronzer but when a friend recommended Benefit's Hoola I was intrigued by all its hype. It has more than lived up to its reputation!! I am now using this as my daily bronzer and have retired MAC's Refined Golden for now. It goes on so smoothly and last all day. It doesn't make you like fake or orange like a lot of other bronzers do. I am finding myself switching over to Benefit's line of bronzers and blushes more and more everyday!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2010 3:06:00 AM More reviews by tayntroy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great matte bronzer, it doesnt leave that orange bronze colour like most do. Does not have any shimmer which is great for contouring.

Best used with a bronzer brush, not the brush thats included as its a bit rough on the skin.

Packaging isnt great, as its a box and not very compact but is pretty,.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by PaulaBenoit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I actually like this better than my NARS Laguna bronzer. Let me start by saying I have NC37 skin and the trick to this is less is more. And to make sure you blend this in well. That way you avoid looking "dirty". I think if you have dry patches on your face this will add to the problem of it looking like your face is dirty so make sure you exfoliate. I like the fact that this is a matte brown shade, no shimmer or sparkles at all. Plus I found the texture of the powder was quite silky.

I use this to contour my cheekbones and a little by the temples/forehead area. Using my angled brush, I lightly tap the brush into the product, tap off any excess and then start applying it to the hollows of my cheeks using small circular motions. Then I take a bigger fluffy brush and buff it into my skin and blend it so there are no harsh edges. The result is instant cheekbones. Add a little blush to the apples of your cheeks and some High Beam to your cheekbones and you are good to go.

My only gripe is the packaging. I prefer my bronzer/powders to be in a compact, not a cardboard box. But since I like the product plus the fact that I got this when I purchased the Legally Bronze kit that Sephora is currently carrying I can overlook this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by JasonCC

I really love this stuff. Its exactly what it says it is - a matte bronzer. To those who are complaining about it looking too muddy on their face - just use less! too much will make it look unnatural as with any bronzer. I bought mine for almost $30, which is kind of expensive but it lasts forever!
I've been using the box im on now almost everyday for the past year or so and i still have tons left! I like the packaging. I think the box that it comes in is really cute (along with the useless little brush) but it could easily come open and get all over the place.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by SoMuchSweeter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hoola is probably one of my favorite matte bronzers that I have. I love the way it goes onto my skin and the color output is amazing. It gives me a nice tan look and I love using it for contour. It is quite expensive but I use it just about everyday and it lasts forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2010 1:34:00 PM More reviews by gobayram

hated this bronzer so much!! made me look muddy and gross. I didn't use it to contour because i don't contour and since this is labeled as a "bronzer" i used it on my face and it made my face look dirty, maybe cause it's matte, i'm nw10-15 and i love my laguna a lot more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by noname101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this bronzer. Its my favorite ever actually.

I agree that the square cardboard packaging is a bit awkward. Its cute but not very practical.

More importantly, this is a nice, buildable matte bronzer that, when applied with a light touch, looks very natural.

I used my 187 to apply this actually, it makes it possible not to go overboard with this highly pigmented stuff. you don't want to go overboard with bronzer. LIGHT HANDS.

I recommend getting this as a part of the legally bronze package at Sephora. its 35USD/42CAD and it includes a full size hoola+mascara+highbeam+gilded pencil+bag. Thats drug store price guys!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by yourphatness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is perfect for contouring my pale face. It's matte, not orange.. blendable so that lines don't look too severe or muddy.
I don't use this all over my face though as I prefer my lancome and guerlain bronzers for that.
I prefer round packaging to the square box this comes in, but i think this is going to last me a very long time. Overall great!