MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

4.3

Isodocecane, dimethicone, polyethylene, hydrogenated polyisobutene, quaternium-90 bentonite, dimethicone silylate, octyldodecanol, silica, trihydroxystearin, retinyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, lecithin, carnauba wax, propylene carbonate, triethoxycaprylylsilane. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium oxide greens ferric ferroxyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I dont know how i lived without this little pot :) i dont know how many ive already bought but its the only Paintpot i couldnt live without. Its my HG Eyeshadow Base.
I use this all over my Lid up to my brow bone ...a thin layer is enough to even out my Lid and prepare it for color with Painterly my shadow stays put all day....no creasing on my Lids. Love

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse

I have had this product for about 7 months and im sure it will last me for the rest of the year. i really love it i apply it from my lid to my brow all over no matter what just to even out the lid im NW20 and its a little to light for me right now (summer tan) but it doesnt look bad.some people say its thick i dont see that but who know mine has dried a little so its the first think i apply after i have washed my face so that my eyelids are a little wet it smooths out great theN!! :)

on 8/5/2010 2:06:00 AM

I love this product! It's a wonderful colour to use as a base/primer before you apply eyeshadow or pigments.

on 8/4/2010 12:28:00 PM

I use this as a primer and I love it. I never liked using primers before. I always thought it was an extra step that had no real payoff. I couldn't really see a difference in the color before and primers always felt oily or runny. I didn't like the way they felt on my skin.
I think I like using the paint pot because it's more of a creamy base. You can really see the intensity of the shadows when you use this as a base. I've used UDPP and while it works ok, I prefer to use my painterly paint pot. So far I've only been using it as a base and haven't experimented with other paint pots.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This was the first MAC product I bought about a year ago and I initially bought it as a primer to help prevent creasing because the MAC m.a. told me it would do that, and it definitely didn't. This paint pot creased after about two or three hours for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I do like this product. I use it as an eyeshadow base and it does the job. It does give the same colour to the eyelid which is perfect to have the eyelid as a canvas. However I do feel like it "takes off" all the shimmer from the frost and shimmer eyeshadows, it gives a very matte finish. But have to say I love it with matte eyeshadows and the texture is lovely.

on 7/30/2010 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I am NC 25. This does have a pink tint to it. I have had it a year and as many have noted it has dried up but I put a lighter to it or a match and am able to manipulate it and spread on my eyelid. It is creamy and thick and brightens the eyelid. I do not notice any creasing and like it as a base for eyeshadow; however, I don't have oily lids.

on 7/26/2010 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use this as an eyeshadow base/primer. I don't wear e/s often, but when I do, its usually loose dusts or pigments. I find that this helps the pigment adhere better, last longer and makes the colour pop. I might try Bare Study when I repurchase, as I find Painterly is just a wee bit on the pink side for my skintone. It has a tendency to dry out if you don't close it properly, so be very meticulous about that. It is also a little bit more difficult to apply, but this is possibly because it has a matte formula.

on 7/26/2010 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hmm, I had heard rave reviews about this as a base and so bought it for that purpose. Pretty disappointed with that.

Definitely doesn't stop creasing but does keep the colour on.

It is a beautiful colour and I really like the packaging, such a cute little pot. To me it is too heavy to be applied well with a brush and fingers seem to be the only thing that can properly smooth it onto the eyelids. I might try other colours, but this time I wasn't too happy with it, perhaps my expectations for it as a base were unrealistic, not sure. But still, I feel their are cream shadows with a much nicer consistency and finish out there.

Don't believe the hype. Make sure to try it out first.

on 7/25/2010 3:36:00 PM

This is an awesome primer for eyeshadow. I am an NC20 and this pretty much matches my complexion perfectly. A little bit goes a long way. The only problem is if you get a little heavy handed it can look a bit cakey. Other than that, it's great stuff!

Top Rated MAC Products