July 29, 2014 | 1900 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is an amazing product. For the longest time, I was using Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation as an eyeshadow base- it worked great, however I found that after awhile and getting a job outside- it started to slightly dry out my lids...also I could never use it for under my waterline. After seeing so many reviews on this on Youtube and blogs, I decided I would try Painterly. I was initially going got get Soft Ochre, since I range in NC tones- however the skin around my lids and crease etc... is more pink/neutral so I decided to opt for this (also yellow bases about my eyes give my E/S a sallow look) .....I applied a little bit of this above my lids and it does dry a little quick, so its good to blend right away. My eyeshadow adhered to this great, and after a long 9 hour day my eyeshadow did not crease one bit. I'm super happy I purchased this, the jar will last ages- and the product is versatile! I love using this as a lip base, it erases my lips and lets me rock nude pink looks without any of my lipgloss or lipstick settling into the lines on my lips.... (I asked a MAC SA if this was lip safe, and she said it would be no issue- as long as you don't ingest it lol)...Painterly is a must in anyone's Makeup kit :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

I know this has worked for many, many people, but this does not work at all for me. I have oily, hooded lids. When I use this as a base, after 8 hours, all my eyeshadow has migrated into my crease with nothing left on the lid. Not a good look. It fairs better if I use it over UDPP, but I don't see the point. I have other paint pots I like because of the color, and thus I wear over a primer. This is nearly the exact color of my skin; if I can't use it for a base, it is really of no use to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this almost everyday as my eyeshadow base and I love it. First paint pot I purchased. Made me want to buy more of them. This one is very similar to my natural skin tone (NW20) so it blends well with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by demcgaby

Been using this Paint Pot everyday since I got it as a base, having oily skin in a very humid place makes me eyeshadow stay and stay... Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Lux77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, I use my shadow primer and then this over it and my shadow last all day and night, I never wear shadow with out this, and it matches my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by greatglamdc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Always a great base on light complexions. Also gives my cream and powder eyeshadows staying powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this paint pot as a base for eyeshadows...it helps even out the discoloration on my eyelids too...love this color!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by RyoRyoChiwa

LOVE this product. It matches my skin tone perfectly and is great when using browns and neutrals. I was glad to finally find this after having such horrible luck with UDPP as a base. I also like that I can take it all the way up to eyebrows and that it can be worn without any make up if I want to hide the small veins in my eyelids.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2010 10:17:00 PM More reviews by heyimcortney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I swear by this product! For a long time I used no base when I put on eyeshadow but once I discovered this I can't live without it! My eyeshadows last all day on top of this and it provides a nice matte look. It also blends nicely with other colors and paintpots on top of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by caitlyncrafts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product, because I loved the color on my eyelids and I know some people just wear Painterly without any eyeshadow. However, it just didn't work for me because it made my eyelids look super wrinkly and dry, as if there was a ton of product on it. This happened even when I tried using very little product and when I tried it over Urban Decay's Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. It was as if the paint pot exaggerated every bad aspect of my eyelids. Sadly, I had to return it.