September 2, 2014 | 2008 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:02:00 AM More reviews by latinabeautyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVEEE Painterly Paint Pot! this is such a good product i use this as an eyeprimer under my eyeshadows and it makes my eyeshadow last alll day long. What i like is that it makes sure that my eyeshadows do not crease! Excellent eyeprimer it easily blends, it holds any eyeshadow well, and i love that the color is almost universal ! you dont see it any way, but i absolutely adore this product . I would Definitelly 100% buy this again!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

I can't believe I've been using Painterly paint pot every day for more than a year and I haven't properly reviewed it! This is one of my must-haves from MAC. It's a slightly cool-toned neutral beige shadow that just blends effortlessly into my NW20 skintone. I use this just by itself sometimes for a more awake, put-together look. Painterly, mascara, and lipgloss. I also use it as a base and get great color payoff and staying power from my shadows. It doesn't crease on me, and it seems pretty sweat-proof. I'm really impressed with the paint pot formula. I was at first a bit worried about bacteria on my fingers getting into the pot repeatedly as I used it with my fingers, but a good stiff brush like the MAC 242 or 252 quickly solved that problem for me. Will repurchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by Marybeth818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best eye shadow I have ever used. I have never had a whole lot of luck with eye shadow because I haven't really seen the use of it. I love colors and so am drawn to them, but they don't enhance my beauty in any way. For one thing, I wear glasses. Anyway, I got this because I had started to experiment a little with eye shadow again, and I knew it could be used as either an eye shadow or a base. Well, I immediately started using it everyday. I guess it is like a concealer for the eyelids but the color, though extremely subtle, is beautiful and I feel more done. Unlike concealer, though, it applies extremely easily and stays put all day. I guess I am a minimalist... I wear serum, sunscreen, concealer, painterly, powder, blush, and lipstick and I feel great. If I do wear an eyeshadow, I go on and put this under it, but I usually wear it by itself. I showed it to my Mom and she asked what was the use of wearing skin-colored eye shadow? She asked whether it made me feel beautiful, and I said yes, and she said she guesses it was worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by bluestarjcf

I love this product. It really makes your eye shadow last a really long time. It is a bit too yellow for my skin tone, but I would definately buy it again as a primer or just for some colour on my lids.

Edit: About a year later
I haven't used this product in a while and when I went back to try and use it, I found it all dried up! The packing definitely doesn't help to preserve the paintpoint. I don't know if this happens to other people but I don't think I'll be buying another paintpot from MAC if this happens again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is an amazing product. For the longest time, I was using Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation as an eyeshadow base- it worked great, however I found that after awhile and getting a job outside- it started to slightly dry out my lids...also I could never use it for under my waterline. After seeing so many reviews on this on Youtube and blogs, I decided I would try Painterly. I was initially going got get Soft Ochre, since I range in NC tones- however the skin around my lids and crease etc... is more pink/neutral so I decided to opt for this (also yellow bases about my eyes give my E/S a sallow look) .....I applied a little bit of this above my lids and it does dry a little quick, so its good to blend right away. My eyeshadow adhered to this great, and after a long 9 hour day my eyeshadow did not crease one bit. I'm super happy I purchased this, the jar will last ages- and the product is versatile! I love using this as a lip base, it erases my lips and lets me rock nude pink looks without any of my lipgloss or lipstick settling into the lines on my lips.... (I asked a MAC SA if this was lip safe, and she said it would be no issue- as long as you don't ingest it lol)...Painterly is a must in anyone's Makeup kit :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

I know this has worked for many, many people, but this does not work at all for me. I have oily, hooded lids. When I use this as a base, after 8 hours, all my eyeshadow has migrated into my crease with nothing left on the lid. Not a good look. It fairs better if I use it over UDPP, but I don't see the point. I have other paint pots I like because of the color, and thus I wear over a primer. This is nearly the exact color of my skin; if I can't use it for a base, it is really of no use to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 7:18:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this almost everyday as my eyeshadow base and I love it. First paint pot I purchased. Made me want to buy more of them. This one is very similar to my natural skin tone (NW20) so it blends well with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by demcgaby

Been using this Paint Pot everyday since I got it as a base, having oily skin in a very humid place makes me eyeshadow stay and stay... Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Lux77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product, I use my shadow primer and then this over it and my shadow last all day and night, I never wear shadow with out this, and it matches my skin perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by greatglamdc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Always a great base on light complexions. Also gives my cream and powder eyeshadows staying powder.