Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 3/27/2009 10:27:00 AM

I love how this foundation makes my skin 'glow' in a good way but it is way too sheer. It does not even slightly cover my acne marks. I might as well not use any foundation at all. To make things worse the SA matched me to the wrong shade and I ended up looking like a ghost since the shade was too light. However, it did not make me oily or cause breakouts. This foundation is probably good for those looking for an extremely sheer to no coverage. HTH.

on 3/22/2009 8:35:00 AM

pros: sheer, blendable, makes skin look dewy
cons: mild coverage, doesn't seem to last all day, price, packaging
Okay, after reading all the reviews here in MUA, I expected this to be my HG foundation. I was using L'oreal prior to this which I like, not love though so I was ready to purchase one which I would love forever. I choose this because of the reviews and since I thought its great for face and body it would have great coverage. Plus, its pretty expensive and unfortunately I'm one of those people who like to think that with a steep price comes quality. Anyway, upon first application I noticed that the product is very sheer, with my previous foundation, my dark circles would be moderately covered and my acne scars almost invisible, but with this, I had to put in 3 or 4 layers to cover it. To its credit though, it never looks piled up or cakey although one time I used this during a particularly hot and humid day and as I checked my reflection, I can definitely tell that I'm wearing foundation, definite no-no. But any other time it looks natural, even dewy and fresh during its earlier hours. Unfortunately, I wouldn't repurchase this because (1) I had high hopes (2) product is expensive!. I considered returning this but I waited a little longer, I'm stuck with it as I look completely horrendous with my extra dark circles. For now, I'm off to finding a new and more suitable foundation for my skin problem.

on 3/21/2009 1:26:00 PM

Okay, I really wanted this foundation to be my HG. I have to admit, it's pretty great; the best foundation I've ever used, honestly, but it's not perfect. I have very oily skin, and I was a bit hesitant to try a product for my face that contained mineral oil, but it doesn't make my face any shinier or break me out. It actually improved the condition of my skin by making it softer and smoother. It is also one of the best color matches I've had. I use the shade 20, and it blends in with my fair, yet golden, skin tone. Application is easy for me. I can use a foundation brush, a wedge, or my fingers to get even, light coverage. It seems to last all day and not rub off, especially when I use Smashbox Light Primer underneath.

So why not give this product 5 lippies? Well, I really wish it offered more coverage. Even if I put three layers on my chiin, it doesn't hide my mild acne scars. I have to use a concealer, too. Other liquid foundations covered my mild scars without concealer. Also, it seems restrictively expensive. I recommended this product to some friends, who all balked at spending almost $40 on foundation. At least one bottle manages to last a few months.

on 3/20/2009 11:06:00 AM

In the past, I have bought liquid foundation and let it sit all alone unused on my bathroom counter for YEARS before deciding that it's probably gone bad and it's about time it hits the trash... I have done this over and over and over again because I wanted to use a foundation but always hated the FEEL of it on my skin, not to mention the tedious application process, so I would just never reach for it in the morning.
I can get away just fine with no base on my face and just a little blush or a little powder, cause I have pretty unremarkable skin, nothing too horrible but certainly not flawless... I'd say maybe one or two pimples a month so I never worried about covering it up too much.
THEN I did some research on MUA and heard all the buzz words that I was looking for:
Light coverage
smooth aplication
natural finish
won't rub off
weightless feel
...it all seemed too good to be true, so I went down to Sephora and picked out a bottle of MUFE Face and Body in 02 and took it home.
WELL, this stuff really is everything that people claim it to be...and MORE.
It's like a runny jello in the bottle (attractive mental image, I know) so you have to shake it REALLY well before putting a little bit on the back of your hand.
I then take it with my finger and dab it on all over my face, and buff it out with a big kabuki brush.... that's it1! No fussy paint brush application or annoying stroke lines to worry about.
In the bottle, it is not quite the right colour for my very pale face because it is a little too dark, but when I apply it, it dissapears into my skin and just leaves a smooth even canvas, disguising all of the blotches and redness I never knew I had, without making it look like I'm wearing an inch of makeup mask.
Love this stuff!
I forget I'm wearing it, because there is no FEEL to it and I don't have to worry about it smudging off on clothes or anything cause it's not SITTING ON my face, it's blended into the skin.
The best is when I (or my afectionate boyfriend) touch my cheek it is soft and smooth not powdery or sticky.... SOOO lovely!
I will totally repurchase over and over again because I actually USE this stuff... AWESOME!

on 3/18/2009 7:56:00 PM

Ok I'm probably the first person to give this product a mediocre bordering negative review.

Ill start with the consistency of it. Very light gel texture that instantly melts into your skin correcting minor flaws and revitalising it for a soft dewy finish. It is light to medium coverage and is buildable. This is where it starts to go downhill. I tried the Ivory shade which I think is #20 and at first I thought it was perfect match for my light olive skin, however upon the second layer I noticed the foundation immediately began to oxidise (oxidisation occurs once it comes into contact with air) and it turned into an orange/tan colour! Oompa loompas would love this!

After a few hours of wearing it I began to notice my face started itching and small little red bumps forming. Oh my God you can NOT be serious, my skin is having a bad reaction?? The only time my skin has ever reacted to a foundation is from the drug-store ones under $AU 20. I felt like my face was stinging and I think it was most likely due to the cocktail of chemicals mixed in to maximise staying power and coverage. The light-textured feeling really did fool me but it is jam-packed with cones and other comdegenic ingredients which is why it "diminishes" pores so well, it clogs them!

On a final note (if you're still reading), if you have acne-prone, combination or sensitive skin, there is a very high chance your skin will react badly to the formulation. Also there are no olive shades, they're either pink or orange so you will need to neutralise it with the intervention of a yellow-based face-product which is so inconvenient if you don't have the time! I also recommed a sample before the full-size. Anyway my rant is over, seriously not impressed. Needless to say, I am still on the hunt for a HG foundation.

I am currently trying INNOXA satin sheen foundation and so far so good. I'll review that another time!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I will admit, this product wasn't great for me back when I used to have super acne prone skin. I mean the reason why it has such a great smooth finish and is waterproof is because it's stuffed full of silicones and comedogenic material. So acne prone people beware... even though I have really good skin now this will start clogging my pores and still make me break out if I wear it for a couple weeks. I never wear a full face of foundation on a daily basis though, so because of that factor alone this is my HG foundation. It really is all the good things people say about it... unique cool gel texture, melds into your skin and even though it's not a thick coverage somehow it gives your skin a soft focus finish because any skin issues are blurred. Glowy finish (but not shiny), and keeps my skin supple while I'm wearing it. It is very waterproof and longwearing too, which is my favorite part about it. I've never found a foundation that lasts on skin so long and looks so good while doing it like this one does. Oh yeah, and primer isn't necessary. Because of all the silicones and everything that makes it wear smoothly and last long, it literally has primer built in. It was made to last by itself, and works best that way. The only reason why I would use a primer underneath is to protect my skin from pore clogging exposure. One more thing, this is really more of a tip: have the MA at sephora color match you. It doesn't sound necessary, but it's well worth it. The colors do no turn out on skin what they look like they'll be in the bottle, and the numbers don't match what you think would be logical color numbers. For example, I am NC35 and my perfect match is Shade 1. What that's not super pale? No, it's not. It's actually like right in the middle of their color range. AND it looks like it's peachy with pink undertones in the bottle but turns out to be the perfect sandy beige color on my skin. Not like it oxidizes over time or anything (I've worn it all day and night before since it wears so long and it has never oxidized on me), it turns the right color right when you put it on your skin and then looks better like a minute after it's had a chance to set. It's just another weird quirk about the formula. All the MA's who work with it know this, so really have the experts color match you and don't try to do it yourself by eyeing the color in the bottle... that could be disastrous. Expensive but worth it... I've been using it for over 3 years and I'm on my second bottle (there's a lot of product in there, so at least you're getting your money's worth).

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

When used with a primer (haven't tried it without yet), this foundation has HG status written all over it. It glides on so smooth! The coverage gives off a beautiful, healthy glow that lasts all day if set with a good powder. I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror when I first tried this on. I have been suffering from very flaky dry skin lately and although I originally loved the Mat Velvet +, it was accentuating my flaky skin. Face and Body leaves your face feeling unbelievably soft. Some reviewers below me remarked about a strange smell but I don't smell anything in my bottle or on my face. My color is #12 and my african-american skin tone is kind of a light caramel with golden undertones. I highly recommend this product to others!

on 3/10/2009 10:27:00 PM

This is a really nice SHEER foundation. Satin finish, undetectable and highly blendable....My skin has to be flawless when I use this though as it provides almost no coverage. I suppose it blurs minor uneven pigmentation, giving a more even toned look. Another plus is it doesn't settle into fine lines. The thing is if I want the coverage of a tinted moisturizer I'd prefer to have the benefit of a more moist formula and maybe an spf too. I have combo skin and get my normal amount of shine breakthrough with this so it doesn't seem to mattify or anything. One thing that is great about it is it stays put as is waterproof. I wish my other foundations that I enjoy more stayed on the way this does. Not awful but just not for me.

on 3/5/2009 9:51:00 PM

Update: This is my true HG foundation - so natural looking - like real skin! But better, of course. #34 is perfect for me in summer, #32 in winter. Makes my skin look flawless, delicate, slightly dewy. And a new discovery - #44,or 18 dark nutty/golden browns, used as a bronzer.... it's so much more natural looking than powders, and is a real 'skin' color. Loving it....

on 3/5/2009 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Combo skin, acne prone, NC30ish and F&B #32.

LOVE this foundation. I had tried a sample from Sephora before buying a bottle of this and hated it! I couldn't get past the weird consistency and the scent...but after constantly seeing recs for this stuff on the boards I couldn't resist. I figured out my shade (which is not an easy task since their numbering system makes no sense) and bought a full sized bottle. MUCH better than the sample. The consistency is much different than the sample I tried and I think it has something to do with being able to shake the bottle vigorously. The scent is still there but I don't even notice it anymore and it dissipates after a while anyway.

I hate that the bottle is pumpless but I'm willing to overlook that for this awesome product. I shake the bottle, cover the hole with my thumb to get some out, smear it on my face (both cheeks, little on forehead, dab on nose and chin) and then buff buff buff with a skunk brush. This evens the foundation out perfectly and I can go back and stipple extra on to any spots if I need to.

I always powder over my foundations so I can't really comment on the "dewiness" of F&B. I know people always rec this when people ask for a dewy foundation but that description usually turns me off of foundations. So don't worry if you think this is going to be overly dewy on you. Powder it!

Wow this got long, but I have to say what the best part of this foundation is. It looks SO natural!!! Really holds up well during the day and looks like skin. This is one foundation I will actually repurchase which is saying a lot. The only reason I took one lippie off is b/c if you have any flakiness this will accentuate that area.