January 28, 2015 | 1087 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Graceby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first foundation I paid for with my own money (I've been using mom's foundation and tinted moisturizer as I usually go by without makeup...not that I have great skin though)....and I don't regret!!! It's worth every penny, as it gives me the dewy, naturally-glowing look I desired. When sunlight reflects on my face, it really accentuates my complexion! I have dry skin with a hint of eczema on my face (reddish, dry patches), so with the foundations I'd been using, I would look flat, dull, and flaky. But this..! This refreshes the look of my skin in such a natural way, and naturally evens out my totally uneven skin tone. Previously my skin tended to feel really dry and tight once the foundation had dried, and I was NOT satisfied with my face in the mirror after a few hours. But with this product, the watery texture I feel during application may dry up, but I am still left with glowy complexion without my dry patches showing up. Yeah, it doesn't cover up my acne scars very well, but I expected that before purchasing. I intended to use it only for light touch-up on my normal school days so I have no problem with that- in fact, I like the natural, light cover. My only problem with this - although not major, and totally on my fault - is that I chose a shade (#34) darker than my yellowish dark asian skin (because it looked so perfectly natural when I tried it under the lighting of the store!!), and now I look like i have tanned skin when I apply 2 or more layers (oh, almost forgot to mention that it's completely blendable so you can build up your coverage)!!! But I don't plan on returning it because I will usually be applying only one layer of it, and this shade may actually come in handy once the sun starts to shine here in Toronto. But just for the sake of versatility, some time soon I may get another bottle with a lighter shade..maybe #32. I can't comment on its ability to last long on face, since I've only been wearing it for 3-4 hours each time. Overall, I really like this product and I can already tell i will be wearing it for years to come. I'm already falling in love with MUFE with my very first purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by SkittlesNblowpops

I'm a NC20-25 in MAC and I find the 32 to be a great match. This is a gel like foundation with light to medium buildable coverage. I like this foundation, it gives my face a dewy, even finish. Sucks that it doesn't come with a pump, anyway I shake the bottle really well, pour a very small amount on my mixing dish, swirl with a foundation brush and apply. I noticed it blends well and gives my face an even almost perfect look when I use my fingers (clean of course) than blending it with the brush or sponge.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2009 6:37:00 PM More reviews by sobering

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading the reviews for this I thought I would like it but I am so dissapointed! When I put it on I expected a nice warm glow but ended up with a flat, patchy finish that eventually bled into every crease and aged me beyond belief! Oh my gosh what a dissapointment! I also can feel some zits coming on too. Not happy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2009 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Charliewantsmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't know if i'm applying this wrong but sometimes my skin looks great with it and other times it looks blotchy. It's just not easy to use and it doesn't look as good as I'd hoped based on the reviews. It isn't bad and the coverage is quite natural (light/medium). It's not yellow enough though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by claireknowles

Great sheer foundation that goes on dewy and luminous. Blends very easily and doesn't dry too quickly. I bought shade 2, porcelain, which looked like a more natural beige shade compared to the other light shades which have a lot of pink in them, but when I got the product home, it looked really pink. When I put the product on a sponge and apply it, it seems to dry to beige. Porcelain is the right tone (ivory was a little too light and sand a little too dark), but maybe a blend would work out best.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by lucenaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ahh, I have such a love-hate relationship with this product.

When I first got it, I couldn't get over how good it was. I use #42, and it matched my very yellow undertoned, medium skin perfectly. My face had a few little acne scars and redness that I needed to cover up, but otherwise it was in pretty good condition - occasional breakout, just like everyone else, but still nice and clear. I really just needed this to cover redness to even out my complexion. This stuff is sheer, doesn't cling on to dry skin,. easily blendable, and lasts all day. I don't have any issues with the bottle, since after I shake it, I use the makeup that's stuck to the bottom of the cap - about a cap and a half is all I need to cover my whole face, which isn't a lot at all. So while this is expensive, it's still very, very economical.

However, this stuff caused me to have clogged pores. My skin is just getting worse and worse, and I'm sure this stuff is to blame. It's really very sad, becasue I really, really liked this. I haven't been getting cystic acne or anything too bad like that, but just endless zits and clogged pores that refuse to go away, especially on my cheeks. I've stuck to this stuff for... six months now, but I'm going to have to let it go.

Still, I give it a three, because I still love it so much! It's just not for me!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I just bought this today. I do not know if this is a HG. Right now I have it on. It is my first liquid foundation. I had to convert because my usual powder foundation was drying out my skin like no other (and Chicago winter=death). I think it makes my skin look flawless. Much better coverage then powder foundation, thats for sure, and it also looks more natural. I can see why people like liquid foundation more. I think I have had this on for about 5 hours. My face has yet to break out in oilies. I'm dead serious. By now, my powder foundation would be oiling up around the nose and chin.

As a liquid foundation newbie, I am very pleased with the application ability of this product. It blends in beautifully, no streaks or anything. I have neutral beige olive skin, and I am wearing this in shade 34. I hate MUFE's color system, I have had problems with them before but rest assured I figured out the best shade for me. The color seems a little bit darker/warmer when you put it on your face at home than when you use that same color out of a tester bottle at Sephora. It still looks very natural and normal, no mask look goin' on or anything. Within 30 minutes to an hour, it seems to turn into the original color you chose. And no, it isn't wearing off (because all of my acne scars are still hidden!)

I finish with the MUFE HD loose powder. So far I am extremely pleased. Extremely expensive, the two items cost over 30 dollars each. Whatever, for now it's worth it. Welcome to the world of LIQUID FOUNDATION

EDIT: Today was my first "official" day wearing it (out). Definitely has lasting power but it caused a pimple on my forehead. I'm gonna stop now before it turns into a breakout. Also the color is a bit too dark/pinkish for me so I am gonna switch to Lancome (I use their Effacernes concealer in neutral (beige) and never in my life have I found such a good color match).
Also I have acne scars on my forehead and my chin. Although the product slightly camouflaged the ones on my chin, it did nothing for my forehead (no matter how many layers I put on)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

I received this as a sample... Personally i think it is too sheer... I loke a full coverage foundation... The feel is nice if you are looking for a more sheer foundation... just not for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Just_Sara

I absolutely love this!
I ran out of my MUFE HD. My color wasnt available at sephora so I gave this one a try. I found my color match on the sephora website. http://sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=Make%20Up%20For%20Ever&contentId=C19212

Pros:

- Very buildable! You can go from sheer to medium and maybe even full. But I havent try the full coverage I can understand why this is for professionals. Its very versatile!
- Its great for my acne-prone skin. No break-out. Most waterproof foundations break me out. This doesnt.
- My skintexture looks great. It doesnt accentuate my pores. Or any dry patches. Smooth finish.
- Its longlasting.
- Dewy finish. I hate matt finish. Makes my skin look dead.
- Doesnt melt off my skin!!
- The color 32 is a bit yellow at first. But i find that i adapts to my skintone. Meaning that it looks very natural on me. Its a sad thing that they dont have all the colors here in Holland. It stops at 32.
- Looks great on photos.
- The formula feels like water on your skin. Its waterbased btw. I love it!

Cons:
- No pump! But I can understand that because it is a gel.

I can recommend this.. all ages and skintypes. If you are very oily let the foundation dry then bloth finally set with a powder.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by rtobiejr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I shall start this review by giving you a brief history of my relationship with various foundations.

2000: I find Prescriptives Virtual Skin. The shade Real Antelope is perfect for faking good skin-- sheer coverage, a good match on my dark skin and easy to apply. I use this for many years-- and always think it is wonderful-- and it is, for I naively do not know any better.

2006: I try a *god-awful* stint with Bare Escentuals Mineral Makeup. It looks absolutely terrible-- blotchy, patchy, dry, shiny and dirty all at once. Is it possible for makeup to make you look 204 years of age instead of only 24? Apparently. Back to PX's Real Antelope for my wedding, this time with some Flawless Skin Powder over it. I will not know until I see the professional photos that my wedding makeup is too light. I try MAC, discover I am NC43ish, and that MAC gives me delightful red polka-dots all over.

May of 2007: I discover I am pregnant! (My husband apparently did not refuse to touch me despite my ill-matching powder.) I find my skin more fickle and try Stila's Natural Finish Oil Free Makeup. This is fine enough for a while. Then I realize that this coverage, while sheer is certainly not buildable, and comes off on everything. I quietly allow this to be forgotten about in my makeup bag.

December 2008: With a husband, full-time job, 10-month-old and everything inbetween, I discover that my patience for makeup that does not cover the evidence of my sleepless nights is waning. Upon the recommendation of the many reviewers here on MUA, I purchase the F&B in #18-- and lo and behold! People are declaring me a well-rested, poreless beauty. It is sheer coverage that lasts and is buildable. I-- am in love.

Who says happy endings don't exist?

57 out of 58 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No