Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

When used with a primer (haven't tried it without yet), this foundation has HG status written all over it. It glides on so smooth! The coverage gives off a beautiful, healthy glow that lasts all day if set with a good powder. I couldn't stop staring at myself in the mirror when I first tried this on. I have been suffering from very flaky dry skin lately and although I originally loved the Mat Velvet +, it was accentuating my flaky skin. Face and Body leaves your face feeling unbelievably soft. Some reviewers below me remarked about a strange smell but I don't smell anything in my bottle or on my face. My color is #12 and my african-american skin tone is kind of a light caramel with golden undertones. I highly recommend this product to others!

on 3/10/2009 10:27:00 PM

This is a really nice SHEER foundation. Satin finish, undetectable and highly blendable....My skin has to be flawless when I use this though as it provides almost no coverage. I suppose it blurs minor uneven pigmentation, giving a more even toned look. Another plus is it doesn't settle into fine lines. The thing is if I want the coverage of a tinted moisturizer I'd prefer to have the benefit of a more moist formula and maybe an spf too. I have combo skin and get my normal amount of shine breakthrough with this so it doesn't seem to mattify or anything. One thing that is great about it is it stays put as is waterproof. I wish my other foundations that I enjoy more stayed on the way this does. Not awful but just not for me.

on 3/5/2009 9:51:00 PM

Update: This is my true HG foundation - so natural looking - like real skin! But better, of course. #34 is perfect for me in summer, #32 in winter. Makes my skin look flawless, delicate, slightly dewy. And a new discovery - #44,or 18 dark nutty/golden browns, used as a bronzer.... it's so much more natural looking than powders, and is a real 'skin' color. Loving it....

on 3/5/2009 9:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Combo skin, acne prone, NC30ish and F&B #32.

LOVE this foundation. I had tried a sample from Sephora before buying a bottle of this and hated it! I couldn't get past the weird consistency and the scent...but after constantly seeing recs for this stuff on the boards I couldn't resist. I figured out my shade (which is not an easy task since their numbering system makes no sense) and bought a full sized bottle. MUCH better than the sample. The consistency is much different than the sample I tried and I think it has something to do with being able to shake the bottle vigorously. The scent is still there but I don't even notice it anymore and it dissipates after a while anyway.

I hate that the bottle is pumpless but I'm willing to overlook that for this awesome product. I shake the bottle, cover the hole with my thumb to get some out, smear it on my face (both cheeks, little on forehead, dab on nose and chin) and then buff buff buff with a skunk brush. This evens the foundation out perfectly and I can go back and stipple extra on to any spots if I need to.

I always powder over my foundations so I can't really comment on the "dewiness" of F&B. I know people always rec this when people ask for a dewy foundation but that description usually turns me off of foundations. So don't worry if you think this is going to be overly dewy on you. Powder it!

Wow this got long, but I have to say what the best part of this foundation is. It looks SO natural!!! Really holds up well during the day and looks like skin. This is one foundation I will actually repurchase which is saying a lot. The only reason I took one lippie off is b/c if you have any flakiness this will accentuate that area.

on 2/26/2009 1:57:00 AM

I've long been a fan of this base, probably cause I prefer a more liquid-like fondation, and this one has the gel like consistency which is great in the way it smoothes on very easily. I also like that I can use a lot or a little bit of product as I need it. With other brand foundations, I always notice that you can very easily use too much and look cakey, but not this one. It does not leave that "makeup" look on your skin, so guys can wear it too and not worry about looking like a guy who wears base on his face. It just makes your skin look as good as it can, I think it evens out skin tones, it covers a little, but if you need a good coverage, it's best you use concealer w/ it.

I use #20 ivory, I am fair, and this shade is just a tad darker than I am, but it gives me a natural looking smooth tan-like glow; and as long as I blend it well, it's not an issue of being too dark. I don't like a foundation that makes my face all pale or almost white. If you are super pale (like Kelly Osbourne or Nicole Kidman) you might want to chose another shade that's lighter.

Here's some pics on my myspace page, I am wearing this foundation :

This is the main page, you can click on pics, I'm wearing this makeup in both pics

on 2/20/2009 1:23:00 AM

This foundation is excellent for girls that are looking for something light. The foundation goes on light yet is extremely build able. It blends in seamlessly, and provides the skin with a healthy natural glow. The consistency is slightly irregular but does a great job of going on evenly and never builds awkwardly in sections with blemishes or dry areas.
The bottle also lasts for a long time. The only bad comment I have for this product is that during the hotter, summer months it can become slightly greasy on the face and did cause a few small blemishes; however, during our current cold weather I find this foundation to be extremely pleasing providing light coverage, a healthy glow, great blend ability, and a formula that actually benefitted my skin.

on 2/16/2009 3:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This didn't work for me. I got a sample from Sephora. I couldn't even tell you what color because it wasn't written down. Oh well. This is a strange gel-like consistency foundation. It was actually a little bit more coverage than I was expecting, based on what other people said. I usually like a sheer coverage for everday looks. Okay, so this foundation does not seem to be for people with my skin type: Very Oily. I applied a light layer, but it seemed to stay sticky even after I set it with powder. I had breakthrough oil very early in the day. Yeah, not a fan. Maybe if you're skin is on the drier side it would work. I gave it two lippies because it probably would work on another skin type and the coverage was nice for when I want something heavier than normal. On a side note (I didn't factor this into my ratings) the sample I got congealed into a little wiggly ball. When I tried to separate it with my brush it broke up into little balls of goo. It was disgusting. I'm sure this doesn't happen when you have a full-sized bottle and shake it every once in a while. I did not like this consistency.

on 2/13/2009 12:11:00 AM

I just bought this, and I LOVE it! SO smooth and non-oily yet hydrating. Really smooth look all-over. Not the thickest coverage, which is ok, because like I said, it's smooth. I just use a spot concealer underneath. LOVE IT!!!! My skin feels great with it on! And it seems to last.. I use a MAC brush to apply, no qualms at all! :)

on 2/10/2009 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

how much i wanted to love this foundation after reading all the great reviews? unfortunately i got break outs from it. i was matched to the shade 18 at the store but it turned out to be too dark for me later. i didnt like the finish of the foundation too , it was not as dewy or satiny as i expected it to be. what i prefer is a natural flawless look but this foundation gave me a cakey ,fake look & also enhanced every pore on my face not to mention the horrible break outs. returned it to sephora .

on 2/9/2009 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I actually just had an SA from Sephora apply this for me to try out (in 20, I think? Whatever was lightest and cool). I never, ever wear a liquid foundation, or anything on my skin, because of how sensitive it is. I also don't like how most foundations look on people. It was the best of the 6-7 brands we tried out, but I'm still on the fence. It looks good, but I can feel it. My skin feels a bit tingly or itchy. It hasn't reacted yet, and I hope it doesn't. Once I get my skin in better shape, I will retest my sample and see what I think.