Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this product. Great hydrating finish, beautiful rosy-red color and I love the smell/taste-kinda a bit like a sweet grapefruit. I never stick with one lip balm, I love trying new ones too much, but I would repurchase this in a heartbeat.

I guess I'm just really beating up on Burt's Bees tonight, but this was another product that I didn't really like. I got so excited when I was in the store and had to have it so needless to say I was very disappointed when I realized that I didn't like it. It did have a nice natural sheen which I did like a lot, but it made my lips burn. Anything that makes my lips burn is a no-no, so I had to stop using. The smell was so-so too, a little too sweet and tart for my taste. Hopefully their clove lip balm will be better!

More moisturizing than other drugstore brands. The berry tint is definitely a plus - love it! The smell is okay... it grows on you. I wish there was a SPF version too. I'm still on the look out for an even more moisturizing lip balm though.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this lip balm. It goes on really smooth and moisturizes my lips nicely. It adds a delicate shine and red tint also. I think the scent is very nice; a kind of sweet and spicy combination.

i loooooooooove this. the flavor is great, and it moisturizes my lips so well. my winter must-have. i also love the original one too, great minty flavor.

I got this as part of a huge gift pack. Included was: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, face cream, cuticle cream, etc etc. Anyway it was pretty cheap for all that came included! This is definitely my favorite item...actually I was quite disappointed in the rest. I have very sensitive skin and am always looking for new products that might agree with my skin, a lot of the products weren't moisturizing enough or even made me itchy. Back to the lip balm, it smells really nicely. It lasts for a while, when I put it on before bed I can still feel it in the morning. It gives my lips a nice shine and very subtle tint. Would repurchase.
*Edit* 1/20/09 I added a lippie because this stuff really is the best lip moisturizer I've tried. Actually feels like it soaks in, not just a greasy coating on my lips. No over the top flavoring or glitter when you just want basic moisture.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Another great Burt's Bees product! It has a great natural smell to it, comes in cute packaging, and is made out of natural ingredients, and even gives me a slight tint of color. This is one of my essential items that I carry around with me everywhere along with my Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle creme (see my review). Although I do agree that the the replenishing balm does not immediately work if your lips are severely chapped and withered. However, by applying it a couple of times it restores your lips back to normal.

1. Made out of natural ingredients (99.6% natural to be exact)/ not tested on animals.+1
2. Cute packaging made out of partly recycled plastic. +1
3. Moisturizing, even in the most severe conditions, with a tint of color. +1
4. I like the natural smell.+1
5. Great price ($3-5, I think).+1

Ingredients

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, symphytum officinale (comfrey) root extract, fragrance, punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopheryl acetate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, illicium verum (anise) oil, cinnamomum cassia (cinnamon) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) peel oil, tocopherol, carmine

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love, Love, Love this product! This is my favorite lip balm ever. It makes my lips so soft. I layer it under all my lip glosses and lipsticks and before I go to bed. I like the scent too, reminds me of summer. I will definately buy more.

Did not moisturize my lips very well. Left me with a wrinkly feeling on my lips. The smell and texture is nice, but I would prefer the honey over this for it's effectiveness.

This didn't heal at all, but instead sort of just sat on the top layer of my lips and dried them out more. I was pretty disappointed.

Popular Lip Treatments