September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by mywhimsicality

AWESOME stuff. This is lighter and sweeter than the original Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm. It moisturizes well and gives a polished look, a little sheen and a tiny bit of color, without having painted-looking lips - perfect for my day look. I keep it in my purse all the time. Definitely my favorite lip balm-and-light-gloss in one type product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 7:53:00 AM More reviews by iMaxed5770

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite chapstick-type lip balm. It's the perfect balance between moisturizing and waxy - it makes my lips feel so soft and replenished, and the effect lasts so that I don't need to constantly reapply. I always carry it in my pockets, and I also have one for my bag and an extra on hand, that's how much I love it! Definitely a HG item.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by featheredgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really nice texture, feels very nice on my super dry lips. Pleasant, Burt's Bees-y sort of smell. It contains comfrey root extract and rosemary oil, which probably account for the smell.
It has caused some peeling, which I'm hoping will subside. This is probably not as moisturizing as the Honey lip balm but it has a much nicer texture.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 3:24:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

This was my first (and only) Burt's Bees lip balm, and I was expecting a lot. Well, to put it bluntly, this lip balm sucks. It smells pretty and goes on well, but after 5 minutes you need it again and your lips feel worse - a typical bad lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by agagag

I adore the smell and taste of this lip balm. The colour looks natural and great on me. If only it had spf it would be perfect!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by lingonberry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pluses: texture, color, fragrance
Minuses: price, carmine="Carmine may be prepared from cochineal, by boiling dried insects in water to extract the carminic acid and then treating the clear solution with alum, cream of tartar, stannous chloride, or potassium hydrogen oxalate." (wikipedia definition) Yuck. It's all natural, and beetles are natural, I guess...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by aep109

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty good. It didn't make my lips peel and seemed to keep my lips moisturized for a while. I've tried the shimmers and those were terrible, but this one is a decent. I hate most other balms because they either feel filmy or make my lips dry. I'd have rated it higher if it had SPF in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2008 10:24:00 PM More reviews by raindrop1019

I LOVE the smell and texture of this lip balm. My lips are pretty pink naturally, so no color shows up. It the most moisturizing chapstick I've used. I have really dry lips so I use Aquaphor or Vaseline at night and in the morning and carry this around during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by nance8979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I liked the smell of this lip balm, but it was not very moisturizing. After applying it to my dry lips a couple of times a day, my lips would not be any less dry. Also, I did not like how the red tint got all over my skin if I did not stay exactly inside the lip line. I like to smear my lip balm on -- I guess I need to stick with clear colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Nice lip balm with sheer mauve-pink tint to it. I was getting tired of minty lip balms so this is a nice alternative. The fruity candy aroma wanes quickly. Feels nice on the lips - texture is smooth and silky, not waxy or hard. My new fave lip balm. (Note that, like many lip balms, it will melt in the car on a hot day, so beware when opening it, LOL.)