February 28, 2015 | 1942 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 4:33:00 AM More reviews by peasloveandhominy

This, I love. It's my favorite lip balm and I feel like I've tried every balm on the market. The smell is pleasant and the texture is nice and creamy which gives it good spreadability, a must for really dry lips. The other Burt's Bees balms seem to drag across my lips while this glides. If I use it everyday to maintain and treat, this balm solves my normally stubbornly dry lip problem. You can't really beat the price either. For about $3 or less, a tube lasts me several months (and I use it several times a day). This also gives a very slight tint to my lips which is nice for a very subtle hint of color when I don't wear makeup. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Diaphne

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall, a lovely product that feels great on the lips and smells wonderful. I actually prefer this over the Kiss My Face lip balm. I only use this lip balm at night or indoors because it doesn't have SPF. For daytime I use the Jack Black lip balm. It's affordable and readily available at drugstores. Love the ingredients, too. It sinks in after a while and leaves a nice smooth feeling on my lips. I adore the scent.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lotusgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smells and tastes like fake cherry flavour. Its pretty gross, honestly. It works well as a balm but the smell and taste was so awful I wont even use it as a backup. Stick with the original!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by AlyHeartsYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a great extra, and I really love it. I would never have thought to try it out otherwise though. It smells a little funky and artificially fruity, but I really don't mind because it goes away and the balm itself is so moisturizing and healing that it's worth a little odd smell. It's really nice for over night, too. Can't even smell it then! ;) If the smell were improved it'd be a 5/5. Great product that I will continue to use (I actually do use up balms! I'm a balm addict). I am undecided if I will purchase it again or not, but I went ahead and put 'yes' because I haven't ruled out the possibility.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by milliegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The scent of this balm is sweet and fruity to me, so I love it. It has a nice texture, moisturizes well and lasts a very long while after applying. I was looking for a balm without all the preservatives and chemicals, and this is a great one.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by beachblond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

After reading all the positive reviews here, I ran out to the drug store and picked up a tube. I can't seem to get past the scent. It reminds me of something medicinal from my childhood, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Will let you know when I figure it out. Otherwise, its just an OK balm. A bit pricey ($4.49 @ SDM) Nothing special. But then again, what balm is?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2008 6:03:00 PM More reviews by crunchiez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this lip blam! I've already gone through 4 tubes. It feels moisturizing and I like the way it ever so slightly gives my lips a natural rosy color. It just glides right on and doesn't feel too balmy like most other lip balms.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by fireflyglow

This is the best lip balm out there. It has good slip without being greasy, moisturizes wonderfully, and has impressive staying power. Most lip balms make my lips lighter than they are, making me look totally washed out. Not this one! I have fairly pigmented lips, and this is like my natural lip shade, but just a tad bit brighter. Not to mention that it's inexpensive to boot. Why pay ten or fifteen bucks for a high-end lipstick when I can get the same color payoff from a balm a fraction of the price that has far better-for-you ingredients? I have and will continue to repurchase this little baby as long as they continue to make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Stare_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best lip balm. Great for healing and soothing dry lips, and preventing dryness. I use this every day alone or under lipgloss/lipstick. Does not feel like chapstick! It feels moisturizing, not sticky. Affordable quality product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this may be close to HG lip balm for me (time will tell). I have tried A LOT of lip balms, chap sticks, glosses ect. I happened to buy this at school when I forgot my ALBA coconut lipbalm at home. Its a good mix between moisturizing and waxy (holds in moisture). I only feel the need to reapply this maybe 2-3 times per day. I have brown skin and brown lips and I had noticed before that my face looks kind of "washed out" since I dont wear much makeup especially not colored lip "stuff". This gives a slight red/pink tint with the perfect amount of shine to dark pigmented lips. Being brown these sort of products with a little color don't show up but, this does in a good way. Yay! It was only $2.50 which is good compared to the money I would spend trying to get this look at MAC or with drug store lip gloss.

Edit 2/4/09- change to 3 lippies=This has just become ok for me. Its good for a quick pop of natural color and moisture. I keep this in my work bag along with another gloss/balm.