Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, aroma (flavor)*, punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, tocopherolrosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), carmine, benzyl salicylate, cinnamal, citral, eugenol, geraniol, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 11/29/2008 2:16:00 AM

I got this as part of a huge gift pack. Included was: shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion, face cream, cuticle cream, etc etc. Anyway it was pretty cheap for all that came included! This is definitely my favorite item...actually I was quite disappointed in the rest. I have very sensitive skin and am always looking for new products that might agree with my skin, a lot of the products weren't moisturizing enough or even made me itchy. Back to the lip balm, it smells really nicely. It lasts for a while, when I put it on before bed I can still feel it in the morning. It gives my lips a nice shine and very subtle tint. Would repurchase.
*Edit* 1/20/09 I added a lippie because this stuff really is the best lip moisturizer I've tried. Actually feels like it soaks in, not just a greasy coating on my lips. No over the top flavoring or glitter when you just want basic moisture.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Another great Burt's Bees product! It has a great natural smell to it, comes in cute packaging, and is made out of natural ingredients, and even gives me a slight tint of color. This is one of my essential items that I carry around with me everywhere along with my Burt's Bees lemon butter cuticle creme (see my review). Although I do agree that the the replenishing balm does not immediately work if your lips are severely chapped and withered. However, by applying it a couple of times it restores your lips back to normal.

1. Made out of natural ingredients (99.6% natural to be exact)/ not tested on animals.+1
2. Cute packaging made out of partly recycled plastic. +1
3. Moisturizing, even in the most severe conditions, with a tint of color. +1
4. I like the natural smell.+1
5. Great price ($3-5, I think).+1

Ingredients

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, symphytum officinale (comfrey) root extract, fragrance, punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopheryl acetate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, illicium verum (anise) oil, cinnamomum cassia (cinnamon) leaf oil, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil, citrus nobilis (mandarin orange) peel oil, tocopherol, carmine

on 11/12/2008 8:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love, Love, Love this product! This is my favorite lip balm ever. It makes my lips so soft. I layer it under all my lip glosses and lipsticks and before I go to bed. I like the scent too, reminds me of summer. I will definately buy more.

on 11/11/2008 3:21:00 PM

Did not moisturize my lips very well. Left me with a wrinkly feeling on my lips. The smell and texture is nice, but I would prefer the honey over this for it's effectiveness.

on 11/7/2008 2:43:00 AM

This didn't heal at all, but instead sort of just sat on the top layer of my lips and dried them out more. I was pretty disappointed.

on 11/6/2008 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My favorite of the Burt's Bees lipbalms, hands down. This one glides on much smoother than the other balms, and I love the spicy berry scent as well. I wasn't expecting this to have a lot of tint, but there is some color payoff (with a lot of nice shine) on my pigmented lips which is not over the top. I love wearing this instead of lipstick for a little polish during the day because it is not heavy. This is going to be a staple in my lip product arsenal.

on 11/6/2008 6:53:00 PM

Compared to the minty smell of the original I love this product! Its smoother than the original and doesnt sting my lips. It has a hint of pink color which I love. It last for a while and you cant beat the price at about $3-4 bucks!!! Feels really good on my lips, I always keep it in my purse :)

on 10/23/2008 2:35:00 PM

This would have been my HG lippy if not for its scent. It has flee-market, cheap cherry inscent smell that gave me a headache everytime I used it... really doesn't smell natural!

Too bad because the balm gave me a subtle pink tint and sheer shine that was just lovely.

This, I love. It's my favorite lip balm and I feel like I've tried every balm on the market. The smell is pleasant and the texture is nice and creamy which gives it good spreadability, a must for really dry lips. The other Burt's Bees balms seem to drag across my lips while this glides. If I use it everyday to maintain and treat, this balm solves my normally stubbornly dry lip problem. You can't really beat the price either. For about $3 or less, a tube lasts me several months (and I use it several times a day). This also gives a very slight tint to my lips which is nice for a very subtle hint of color when I don't wear makeup. continued >>

on 10/16/2008 7:28:00 PM

Overall, a lovely product that feels great on the lips and smells wonderful. I actually prefer this over the Kiss My Face lip balm. I only use this lip balm at night or indoors because it doesn't have SPF. For daytime I use the Jack Black lip balm. It's affordable and readily available at drugstores. Love the ingredients, too. It sinks in after a while and leaves a nice smooth feeling on my lips. I adore the scent.

Popular Lip Treatments