April 19, 2014 | 1810 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 4:03:00 AM More reviews by miyomi

i bought this product after seeing reviews on MUA,
a lot of my friends have the original burts bees lip balm and rave about it, so that was a factor in why i bought it as well, however i didnt get the original b/c i had previous problems with other pure bees was balms and balms with a lot of wax, so i was very weary.
This is going to sound really weird, but for me every single lip balm i've ever tried give me this weird white film on top of my lips after about an hour....i think its dead skin but im not really sure i think its because i have this annoying lip smacking/licking habit but i think the white film looks really weird and unattractive so i just discontinue use after that.
and the burts bees lip balm did that to me the first time i used it so i was really discouraged and ready to trash it, but i gave it another shot and i was really happy i did, because the second time i just exfoliated the white stuff off and it never happened again, now i dont exfoliate anymore and just apply the lip balm every now and then and i find it keeps my ordinarily dry/chapped lips very moisturized and soft hehe.
i know a lot of ppl really liked the subtle color it gave lips, but for me that didnt show up as i naturally have reddish-pink lips and it looks like im wearing a light shade of lipstick, i also know that a lot of ppl were put off by the smell, but personally i liked it
the only thing is, this is after all lip balm and it was $6 at london drugs, which is okay, but for drugstore lip balm is kinda overpriced, but i dont mind paying that since it got rid of that annoying white film ewwy stuff

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

I had really high hopes for Burt Bee's since a lot of people recommend it. But, it smells just horrid! It reminds me of mosquito spray and a cheap cherry scent mixed. I had pretty dry cracking lips, and this product didn't help at all. It also leaves a hint of mauve color which, I'm not really a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by cereza

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great lip stuff! I found it mid March when winter had dried out my poor lips and left them rough. As soon as I put it on it felt silky and moisturizing. After only a day my lips were better than they've been in years, seriously. I use it every day and recommend it to everyone. I used to be a fan of Un-Petroleum in Cherry, but they've since stopped selling it everywhere near me so I now rely on this Replenishing lip balm. I must also note that the tint is very flattering on me and gives me a little extra color on the days when I need it without being overly pink. I also like the smell and it has no taste that I can tell. One friend of mine did relay that it didn't work well with her lips and made them burn a little, but she must be allergic to an ingredient. Oh well, I truly love this and hope they never discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I juat got this today and have used it several times already. I really like the texture - it is silkier than the regular beeswax balm, and there is also a slight tint to it. It's nice for when you're on the go and want a hint of shine and color to the lips. Now, I did take off a lippie because of the smell. On the initial application, this stuff smells like the country store at Cracker Barrel... Which is like a carcophony of bad potpourri. Luckily, the scent fades a couple of minutes after application. Overall, I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Bottles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product sounded really enticing, enticing enough to shell out THREE DOLLARS for a lip balm. At first I really liked the smell, but after wearing it for about a week it became cloying and even the taste started bothering me. I like the texture, and the ever so slight tint, but I am not as likely to use it over my other balms because of that over flowery smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by szie

At first whiff it was fine, but when you're wearing it on your lips it's unbearable. Personally, I don't think it smells like pomegranate at all. It has this waxy, artificial scent about it. It even tastes waxy (bleh!). It does its job of being moisturizing, but would not repurchase due to the scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is by far the worst lip balm I've ever had the disfortune of buying. I thought it would smell good, but the scent is so nauseating that I had to immediately wipe this off my lips after applying. The smell is just unbearable. I'm never buying anything pomegranate scented again, just to be safe.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:26:00 AM More reviews by christmasfreak1225

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING.
it has such a unique smell, and the pomegranate oil is great.
very moisturizing, and will stay on for a long time.
it is 98% natural, so it doens't have that waxy feel of chapstick.
its not sticky at all, and give's a hint of a color and a tiny bit of shine.
this product makes you lips look healthy and beautiful.
after using this for about 5 days, my lips have never looks better.
and they smell amazing!
the only thing that would bring this product home os if it had SPF.
maybe it does. i'm not sure...
go buy it!
but make sure to expholiate your lips before using it.
i suggest M.A.C.'s Future Earth Prep + Prime Microfine Lip Refinisher.
The Lip balm sells for 3.00 USD, and is definately worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 2:53:00 AM More reviews by amber_laurynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this. I thought I would try it out because my lips have been so dry and it seems like no matter what I use, they would still be dry and flaky. I have used the regular Burt's lip balm and was just going to get that until I saw this. Like some of the other posters have said the fragrance is different, but not so bad. It doesnt feel like the regular Burt's on, its very soothing. After a couple days of using this my lips started looking and feeling a million times better. The staying power is good too. I can put it on before I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning, its still somewhat there. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by dragonballz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am glad I picked this up. This formula is less waxy feeling than the original and feels more moisturizing. I think the display said the pomegranite balm's ingredients are about 98% natural, while the original Burts Bees is somewhere around 96%. There is a slight berry tint and makes lips appear fuller. This is a cheap find that is effective and more natural than the petroleum-filled alternatives.