October 25, 2014 | 1016 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by neesoup

Sorry to say that it did nothing to me. I never mind to splurge on good skin care that work. At this price - seems like a joke to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by azinbaby22

I was really skeptical about buying this product because of the price and because I just recently purchased a zeno. I used to have GREAT skin and within the past couple of months I just started to break out like I was a teenager again. On top of that I have a "picking" problem, so needless to say, when I had a blemish it stayed for a few weeks-(totally my fault!) I was using everything to try and tame my skin and nothing was working. Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid- NOTHING! I had black heads on my chin and nose (never had before) and my skin just felt rough, I exfoliated and everything, NOTHING worked. So finally I spent the money and purchased my clarisonic, and I think it is probably the best purchase I have made in a long time. I was kind of annoyed that I had to charge it for 24 hrs but what can you do? The first time I used it my skin was smooth-and I was in love. I use it twice a day on the low setting for 1 minute. But when I first got it I used it on the high setting for 2 mins, twice a day. I use a normal salicylic acid face wash and just put lotion on after. I haven't had a break out since I started to use it, I didnt not have the "purging" stage like some people had. All of my black heads are gone and my skin is smooth and hydrated. I would buy this again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sharibenson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I figured I would wait and review this product after a couple weeks which is when all the other reviewers said they saw a difference, so I thought I would pay close attention to the first week so if people notice "purging" of their skin they may not be discouraged.

Day 1/2: Purchased pink clarisonic two days ago, and was disappointed to get it home and learn it needed a 24 hour charge before use. However, after spending $200 I was not going let my anticipation get the better of me and ruin its capacity to hold a charge in the future. I have used this twice now, last night and this morning. 1st time my face felt clean & smooth, & looking in my magnification mirror I noticed small imperfections coming to the surface of my skin which were easily extracted. This morning after use 2 my moisturizer sank right in, makeup glided on smoothly and there are no more little flakeys anywhere on my face. VERY smooth. I have an oily t-zone so I will start experimenting with moisturizes since they are being absorbed so well. Day 1 wrap up-felt good to use like a face message, skin feels smooth and clean, small imperfections coming to surface but not as noticeable zits.

Day 3-4: Over the past three days I have been using the Clarisonic on the factory setting (1 min) twice a day. I have noticed some zits that seem to surface immediately afer using, but they are nothing like real zits. It might be a slight inflammation under the skin I notice only in my magnification mirror, but never rises out of the skin or causes a whitehead or anything like that. My skin still feels smooth and soft. I am going away for the weekend, packed it with me, and will provide a 1 week update upon my return. Still very satisfied especially since all other reviews say it only gets better with time!
Day 5-6: I'm starting to really really love this! My skin is sooo smooth and soft, I used to have an extremely oily T-zone, and this paired up with Skyn Icleand The Antidote has left my skin normal!!! No more powders or blotting papers! I went home this weekend and my mother said my skin looked great. I am no longer "purging" everything that was in my skin. I have not gotten a new zit or breakout in the last couple days. I feel like now I can use any cleanser, any moisturizer and it won't cause me to breakout. I have seen a huge reduction of small blackheads and
bumps on my chin. I'm sooo pleased I bought this, and the most encouraging thing is that most people who reviewed said they saw the best results after a month. Guess it will only get better!
Day 14: Love this! Will never be without it again. I know it takes one month for your skin to completely shed, but after two weeks I am completely satisfied. I actually like my skin and look forward to using the Clarisonic because everytime I use it my skin gets better and better. I am still using the normal setting for 1 min and am considering increasing to 2 min.

I highly recommend you purchase! Will not regret!

EDIT: Almost 1 year later and I still love it!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by nyla9711

I would normally never spend this much on a facial brush. I did find a kit for the new Clarisonic Pro for $177 and was able to order it in pink. After using it for a month now, I am very impressed! I did not even have my usual breakout around my period time. I have been using the brush with Neutrogena's Advanced Solutions Acne kit with no problems. I love the way it feels on my face, feels like a massage. I have noticed that my pores around my nose have gotten smaller and my blackheads are now less noticeable. I do like the fact that you can use your own products as long as they do not have exfoliating beads. Unfortunately, I will not be buying this particular brush again because it is too expensive. However I did find Pretika's Sonic brush kit for $50.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by andrearn9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, it's VERY expensive and, depending on your skin, YES it's worth it! I've been using mine for about 4 months now. Initially, I thought I made the biggest mistake as by the third day of use, my chin broke out with these horrible cystic type zits. Since I'm not prone to that I was very concerned. However, I stuck with it and by the end of two weeks my chin was clear.

This product is VERY good at removing makeup and getting your skin clean. But where it excelled for me was in blackhead removal. I had several stubborn blackheads at my lipline (1 on the bottom lip, 2 on the top lip) that were resistant to ANYTHING I tried to remove them. I even tried Biore strips there and nothing worked. They just became part of my face's landscape, something I resigned myself to having. Imagine my surprise when, after about 3-4 weeks of Clarisonic use, I noticed they were GONE. Just GONE!

Since using the Clarisonic I have had no further pimples or blackheads. My skin is left clean and ready for my other skin care products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by pkuyken

After 48 hours of owning this,I would like to tell everyone who hs ever bought a drugstore electric complexion brush to just throw them away and buy this - it's a totally different experience. I used mine last night and this morning with my regular facial cleansers I always use and what a difference! It actualy feels good and not "grindy or sandy". I had gunk coming out of my pores the first time and again this morning. I can see where after repeated use I might be able to scale back to once a day, but why? It actualy feels good while using it! I will be sure and update after a few months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

i have been using this for about two weeks now, so i'm still in the purging phase (i.e. i have lots of blemishes!). that being said, i can tell that all the blemishes that have surfaced are cropping up where i had clogged pores before, so it's the junk in my skin getting pulled out by this device. i don't expect to have perfectly clear skin for a few more weeks, so this is ok for now. what i will say is that the skin that isn't blemished is this angelic milky clear skin. and smoooooooth. i've also noticed decreased blackheads and embedded whiteheads (before, i had a "collection" of them on my chin...in the crevice that stretches out when i pull my lip up. i don't know if that makes sense, but you know, the little indentation between the lower lip and the bottom of the chin....anyway, i had soooo many little tiny whiteheads - in pretty much every follicle - but they were unnoticeable unless i stretched it out...then they popped out and after they got bad enough you could pop some of them. gross, i know, and very hard to accurately describe)...anyway, those are almost totally gone!!! :) i'm really psyched to see how it progresses as more and more "stuff" gets sucked out. the vibrations are really cool feeling, and my skin looks and feels much clearer, cleaner and smoother. so far i loooove this little brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by tracyltrust

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty cool device. Before using this I definitely had more peeling/flakes from retinoids and crappy dry winter air. It seems to exfoliate well. It feels kinda neat too.
I use Paula's choice 2% BHA which I can honestly say has made the hugest difference in my skin (I no longer have blackheads!). I wonder what impact I may have noticed were I not already using a chemical exfoliant? Perhaps I would have seen a more dramatic improvement overall...
The Clarisonic also makes me feel like my skin is really good and clean, especially after wearing makeup. Not a miracle by any means but I'm pleased with it and enjoy using it.
EDIT: I changed my rating from a 4 to a 3. I am using this less since I use both prescription retinoids and salicylic acid OR glycolic acid and was starting to feel like I was beating my skin up. There were a few instances where my skin actually felt tender when I tried to use this. I don't apply pressure at all when I use this and I even switched to the delicate brush but I still feel this might not be the gentlest form of exfoliation. I treat this more as a weekly or monthly "deep cleansing treatment" rather than part of my everyday routine. I prefer chemical exfoliants over this as a general rule and believe mechanical in addition to chemical is far too aggressive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lalie

I find it funny because I had bought one last year and took it back. I decided to try it again out of desperation because I had read so many good things about it and decided that maybe I hadn't given it enough of a chance. I was experiencing some serious skin dryness last year and I use it once and hated it. With that said, I think it's important to try something long enough to see if it's for you. I've been using it for about two weeks now and I have really noticed a huge difference. Things aren't perfect, but they are getting better. I use it on my face too which has cleared some bumps--almost overnight on the sides of my forehead. I use Differin and it has helped with the flakies associated with that. I will further update when I have used it for longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Rotarian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! I was referred to this product by my nurse/asthetician who had clients that used it. I admit that at the time I felt it was a real splurge. I bought it on QVC because it came with 3 heads that way and I knew I would get the warrantee/guarantee. After registering my product online with Clarisonic, they granted me an additional head. This was a $25 value - so in the end the price was worth it. Definitely start with the most 'Delicate' head.. The others are too harsh and will make you break out. QVC also gave me 3 free tubes of Clarisonic cleanser and also a huge tube of Kate Sommerville wash (smells like Rosemary), I alternate between the different washes. Clarisonic wash seems more aloe based.. What a difference. You will not believe how clean and smooth it makes your face. Also great for Décolleté! I would definitely recommend it for all skin types - teenagers would really benefit from the deep cleansing, and more seasoned women from the great exfolliating effects! This product is definitely worth the price. It is well-constructed and, in my opinion, better than the cheaper drug-store brand products.