February 28, 2015 | 1957 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by lyuen82

This is the single best product to use on stubborn blackheads.
In fact, this has been the ONLY product I've used that has worked on my stubborn blackheads (on my nose).

Skin type:
I have super OILY, slightly dehydrated skin. Every few years, I break out massively. Im talking huge painful cystic acne all over my face (ive once counted more than 20). During these breakouts, I require a cocktail of medicated creams to get my skin back into control. I currently went through one of those outbreaks a few months ago. Am on differin and duac, which has cleared everything up. I am slowly weening myself off the creams and thus far- skin is clear with the occasional small pimple here and there. Still oily/slightly dehyrdated.
My nose is disgusting however. It literally looks as if every single pore on my nose clogged. Ive tried masks, biore strips, exfoliating my nose and nothing helps. The only way Ive managed to clear up my nose a bit is by extracting and picking. This only helps a bit and within a few or two, it gets clogged again. I pretty much had resigned myself to having a clogged nose forever.

Routine:
I use the Clarisonic brush for a minute on my face with my shiseido foaming cleanser.

Results:
It makes my skin feel smoother but honestly -it's nothing to write home about. It hasnt really made my skin look nicer.
However after using it for only 3 days, my nose is about 80% unclogged! i can't believe it. The sides of my nose is still a bit congested but a lot better. the top of my nose is completely cleaned out. I think it has to do with the vibrations of the brush.

The results on my clogged nose is worth the pricey tag. I would continueto use this solely for the benefits of my nose.
Anyone who has stubborn blackheads/clogged pores on nose MUST try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I asked my new facialist, with whom I was very pleased, whether or not she thought the Clarisonic would help my congested (non-inflamed acne -- mostly just clogged pores) skin. She said that she herself loves the new model, and she thought it would help with blackheads and the dry patches below the corners of my mouth. When I got home, I snagged the last available "Pro 4-Speed" unit on Amazon for $158 and free shipping. After the first day of use, I noticed a difference in the texture and feel of my skin. And strangely, my skin looks less red and more even after I cleanse with it. After a week of use, my chronic small blackheads on my nose and the sides of my nose have almost completely subsided. This weekend, a friend complemented me on my "glowing" skin. Because I can actually physically feel with my fingertips how much smoother my skin feels, it doesn't seem like that big a stretch for the company to advertise that the device helps your treatment products absorb better. Stubborn clogs on my cheeks are finally starting to subside. Plus, this brush is just a pleasure to incorporate into my ritual -- it really makes me feel like I am doing something good for my skin. I am planning on purchasing the attachment for the body for use on chest, back, legs, elbows, you name it. I'm very pleased and am glad I took the plunge, thanks to my facialist's recommendation and the reviews here on MUA.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by shan1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I feel like I can give this a fair review after using it for a month. At first I was really not that impressed, but now my skin looks and feels so much better. I have not had any new breakouts since I started using this. I think this was the answer to my acne prayers. I only use it once a day. It IS too expensive, but if you look on eBay you should be able to find it way cheaper. I got mine for $154 with free shipping and it is pink with four speeds. That fourth speed is HARSH in my opinion! I guess if you really need a good scrubbin' it would great for ya, but too harsh for my sensitive skin. I also think it is totally making my fine lines (and pores) look less :) If anything changes, I will update this.

Update: been over two months and my skin looks WONDERFUL!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Mireille

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this item a lot and am getting good value from it. I Here are a couple of tips that have worked for me:

1. Disinfect your brush head at least once a week. Put it in a cup of boiled water with a tiny bit of bleach. That should go a long way toward preventing breakouts due to using this brush.

2. Pre-wash your face before using it, especially if you have heavy sunscreen and foundation on. Otherwise you risk pushing these products into your face rather than removing them with the brush. I noticed how dirty the brush was before I started doing this. It only takes a few extra seconds to give your face a quick pre-wash.

3. Use the gentlest cleanser you can find, once you pre-cleanse your face.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by cali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a Clarisonic Pro with a gentle brush head. It took a little while for my combo/sensitive/mild rosacea skin to become comfortable with it, but I found using it every two or three days seems to do the trick for me. The pricing is ridiculous, but at least it will last me forever. It does help my makeup go on smoother and get rid of dry, flaky patches so that's a definite plus. It also seems to help my rosacea serums sink in better. Would repurchase if I had to, but really hope I never have too!!
UPDATE 6/5/10 - I stopped using this for like 6-8 months. I guess I just got lazy and I thought it was starting to break me out too much. During that time when I quit the clarisonic, I was using plain rhassoul clay as a mask and a scrub. This worked for a while but I needed a deeper clean. I bust out with my clarisonic this week and boy, can I tell the difference. Got rid of all my flakies and helped make the pores on my nose look cleaner. Its not a miracle product but I do think that its probably the best exfoliation treatment around. (I haven't tried microfiber cloths so cant compare). I feel silly now that I stopped using this and will definitely keep this a regular part of my skin care routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by neesoup

Sorry to say that it did nothing to me. I never mind to splurge on good skin care that work. At this price - seems like a joke to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by azinbaby22

I was really skeptical about buying this product because of the price and because I just recently purchased a zeno. I used to have GREAT skin and within the past couple of months I just started to break out like I was a teenager again. On top of that I have a "picking" problem, so needless to say, when I had a blemish it stayed for a few weeks-(totally my fault!) I was using everything to try and tame my skin and nothing was working. Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid- NOTHING! I had black heads on my chin and nose (never had before) and my skin just felt rough, I exfoliated and everything, NOTHING worked. So finally I spent the money and purchased my clarisonic, and I think it is probably the best purchase I have made in a long time. I was kind of annoyed that I had to charge it for 24 hrs but what can you do? The first time I used it my skin was smooth-and I was in love. I use it twice a day on the low setting for 1 minute. But when I first got it I used it on the high setting for 2 mins, twice a day. I use a normal salicylic acid face wash and just put lotion on after. I haven't had a break out since I started to use it, I didnt not have the "purging" stage like some people had. All of my black heads are gone and my skin is smooth and hydrated. I would buy this again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2009 9:54:00 AM More reviews by sharibenson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So I figured I would wait and review this product after a couple weeks which is when all the other reviewers said they saw a difference, so I thought I would pay close attention to the first week so if people notice "purging" of their skin they may not be discouraged.

Day 1/2: Purchased pink clarisonic two days ago, and was disappointed to get it home and learn it needed a 24 hour charge before use. However, after spending $200 I was not going let my anticipation get the better of me and ruin its capacity to hold a charge in the future. I have used this twice now, last night and this morning. 1st time my face felt clean & smooth, & looking in my magnification mirror I noticed small imperfections coming to the surface of my skin which were easily extracted. This morning after use 2 my moisturizer sank right in, makeup glided on smoothly and there are no more little flakeys anywhere on my face. VERY smooth. I have an oily t-zone so I will start experimenting with moisturizes since they are being absorbed so well. Day 1 wrap up-felt good to use like a face message, skin feels smooth and clean, small imperfections coming to surface but not as noticeable zits.

Day 3-4: Over the past three days I have been using the Clarisonic on the factory setting (1 min) twice a day. I have noticed some zits that seem to surface immediately afer using, but they are nothing like real zits. It might be a slight inflammation under the skin I notice only in my magnification mirror, but never rises out of the skin or causes a whitehead or anything like that. My skin still feels smooth and soft. I am going away for the weekend, packed it with me, and will provide a 1 week update upon my return. Still very satisfied especially since all other reviews say it only gets better with time!
Day 5-6: I'm starting to really really love this! My skin is sooo smooth and soft, I used to have an extremely oily T-zone, and this paired up with Skyn Icleand The Antidote has left my skin normal!!! No more powders or blotting papers! I went home this weekend and my mother said my skin looked great. I am no longer "purging" everything that was in my skin. I have not gotten a new zit or breakout in the last couple days. I feel like now I can use any cleanser, any moisturizer and it won't cause me to breakout. I have seen a huge reduction of small blackheads and
bumps on my chin. I'm sooo pleased I bought this, and the most encouraging thing is that most people who reviewed said they saw the best results after a month. Guess it will only get better!
Day 14: Love this! Will never be without it again. I know it takes one month for your skin to completely shed, but after two weeks I am completely satisfied. I actually like my skin and look forward to using the Clarisonic because everytime I use it my skin gets better and better. I am still using the normal setting for 1 min and am considering increasing to 2 min.

I highly recommend you purchase! Will not regret!

EDIT: Almost 1 year later and I still love it!

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by nyla9711

I would normally never spend this much on a facial brush. I did find a kit for the new Clarisonic Pro for $177 and was able to order it in pink. After using it for a month now, I am very impressed! I did not even have my usual breakout around my period time. I have been using the brush with Neutrogena's Advanced Solutions Acne kit with no problems. I love the way it feels on my face, feels like a massage. I have noticed that my pores around my nose have gotten smaller and my blackheads are now less noticeable. I do like the fact that you can use your own products as long as they do not have exfoliating beads. Unfortunately, I will not be buying this particular brush again because it is too expensive. However I did find Pretika's Sonic brush kit for $50.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 9:06:00 AM More reviews by andrearn9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, it's VERY expensive and, depending on your skin, YES it's worth it! I've been using mine for about 4 months now. Initially, I thought I made the biggest mistake as by the third day of use, my chin broke out with these horrible cystic type zits. Since I'm not prone to that I was very concerned. However, I stuck with it and by the end of two weeks my chin was clear.

This product is VERY good at removing makeup and getting your skin clean. But where it excelled for me was in blackhead removal. I had several stubborn blackheads at my lipline (1 on the bottom lip, 2 on the top lip) that were resistant to ANYTHING I tried to remove them. I even tried Biore strips there and nothing worked. They just became part of my face's landscape, something I resigned myself to having. Imagine my surprise when, after about 3-4 weeks of Clarisonic use, I noticed they were GONE. Just GONE!

Since using the Clarisonic I have had no further pimples or blackheads. My skin is left clean and ready for my other skin care products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No