August 1, 2014 | 895 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:00:00 PM More reviews by BreBoyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pro's: Works wonders. Smells fabulous. Great price!

It's light and airy if the correct amount is used. Too many people overdue products on their hair. The point of a product is to lightly spray your hair from a reasonable distance to achieve proper and even amounts. Don't soak your hair unevenly in product and expect it to work. A couple light sprays will do. Leaves hair feeling soft and protected. I use a 400 degree iron on my hair and wouldn't do it without this product.

Con's: Shape of the bottle makes it hard to spray. I wish I could adjust the nozzle!

xoxox

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by antelopeomg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Seems like reviews on this are overwhelmingly positive, but I've had no luck... This product gave the ends of my hair a texture so awful I almost jumped back in the shower to wash it out, time and time again. It created a very brittle, dry texture no matter how sparingly I used this, and I've given it more than a couple of chances just in case I was applying wrong. This must just be because of the condition of my hair, which is a bit heat-damaged, but nothing severe. The effect is present whether I straighten and blow-dry, or just blow dry after applying this. I will spring for the more costly CHI heat protectant next time, but I don't have very high hopes for that either, since its ingredients will probably be similar. If not, I will update. In any case, the only reason I have not thrown this out is because I will try to use this as a texturizing spray on slightly dirty hair to give grip to updos. A ray of hope for this stuff?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Starrguise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm neutral with this product. It's very cheap and it makes my hair feel a little more sleek when I use it before blow drying and flat ironing.

However, I have to be careful or it can leave a chemical feel in my hair. My hair feels less frizzy with it, so it serves it's purpose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by Flo422

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Since this protects my hair from heat, my hair isn't as frizzy as it used to be. I don't really think this smooths my hair nor straightens it, but I feel like my hair does react better when styled with heat. I do use Chi Silk Infusion as well so I am not sure which product makes my hair so much easier to straighen. Anyway, I will definately repurchase because it is a cheap product that does the job. And this smells really good too (I think it lingers a bit, but for a day only). I don't see the point in buying Chi Iron Guard now that I've used this product! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Makeupluv528

This is the best purchase I have ever made for my hair! I use a flat iron on my hair daily and I would always get dead ends but not any more! I'm on my second bottle and will be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by woahitsbrooke92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a fluke, along with the curl enhancing spray. I LOVE both. I spray the heat tamer spray on my hair everytime I use a heating tool. Even when I blow dry my hair and spray it, my hair becomes so soft and silky all day. And when I straighten my hair, same results, plus shiny and sleek. I love these products!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:13:00 PM More reviews by dandiberta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

when i straighten my hair with this it becomes super sleek and straight. mmm yeah thats all. it says it protects from heat,....who knows about that

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 8:06:00 PM More reviews by christinaaaa12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love this! makes my hair really soft and shiny when i straighten my hair. i havent realized this until now but last year when i did not use this, i was getting split ends a LOT faster but now that im using this, it has helped me prevent split ends!

i do have a lot of split ends that i need to trim off, but thats what you have to deal with if you straighten your hair almost every day. but this heat protectant has really helped! (:

its cheap and smells amazing also!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by lolacupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always use this before applying any heat to my hair. It leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth. This really helps my hair stay straight. This is like my 7th bottle. I really recommend this, you can get this anywhere that sells drugstore stuff and it's around $4-6 bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by hermommy09

I bought this a couple weeks ago from cvs for around five bucks. I find that i reach for this much more than my chi iron guard! it seems to work really well and its easy to use. the smell is nice and it leaves my hair soft and frizz free. loving it so far!