July 23, 2014 | 2064 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh. It's ok. As a scrub it's ok, nice and gentle, but as a cleanser it is rubbish. If i use it as a scrub I always need to go over afterwards with a gel cleanser or I end up all oily and yucko.
Although my friend with less oily skin than me swears by it. So I guess if you are blackhead prone and oily but you can keep that in check most of the time, steer clear.
I much prefer using Neutrogena Deep Clean gel wash and a buffing brush from the body shop. (Why did they discontinue my buffing pads?!?! Sigh.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by flamehairedgoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my HG facewash for years now, had to get it mail order before but now we have a Lush in town (yay!)

Gentle exfoliation that suits my normal skin perfectly, i find the scrub easy to use, just a small amount on my hand and wet it then smear across face gently massaging. I found my dull skin improved greatly. Gentle enough to use everyday but as a product junkie i am ic ould never be content with only 1 item :) In the past year i have alternated with either Herbalism if pores blocked or Aqua Mirablis in summer very soothing for sunburnt skin.

All Lush products are as natural as they can make them without going off quickly and the only let down for me is the plastic tub these products come in which can crack if you overstock your shower tray like i do, but i consider this a small risk for my HG cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by starlequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I've bought at least 3 tubs ever since I've known about Lush! :)

POSITIVES: ++Inexpensive, you only need to use a pinch!
++Smells nice
++Gentley exfoliates, great for sensitive skin!
++Leaves my skin soft and glowy, moisturizer optional

NEGATIVES: --Shelf life is only 3 months! :(

All in all.. if you don't mind scented facial products, and you're looking for something gentle yet different; I'd recommend this product! (And try one of their moisturizers, too! Hehe:) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

This product takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you do, I think it works great. It's just enough gentle exfoliation without stripping your skin and overdrying it. After using for a few weeks, my skin is looking totally clear and feeling really balanced. The effect reminds me of Dr. Hauschka's exfoliating cleanser but at less than half the price! You get a LOT of product for the money. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that the packaging is a bit awkward (although, IMO, this is mitigated by Lush's commitment to minimal packaging) and it does take some trial and error to get it right (you have to add water, make a paste, and then apply). I say the results are worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Mollx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using AOBS for about 4 months now. It took me a while to get used to the mixing process, but I have to say that this product has really worked well for me. The skin on my cheeks is really dry -- as it is between my eyebrows, but the rest of my face is normal/oily, and AOBS has worked really well to moisturize and clean my face simultaneously.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by sarchazm

I LOVE this!! i love the smell, and the texture isnt harsh on my skin at all. it works great for me and i'm dry and sensitive acne prone. it leaves my skin actually feeling moisturized!! and its a great way to gently get rid of scarring for me. i use it in the shower so if it gets everywhere, its no big deal

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by chimchim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have dry, sensitive skin, and I was surprised at how well this exfoliated and moisturized. That said, I'm not crazy about the technique required to turn the hard mud into a semi-creamy substancetoo much water, and the product slips through your fingers, not enough and it's like rubbing your face with sand. I like the smell, and the way it makes my skin feel, and I appreciate that 90% of the ingredients are natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 More reviews by marleypup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Violet

Everything I knew about skincare (or thought I knew!) flew in the face of this. It was too...
...simple! Too oily. Too...minimalist.

Packaged in a plastic deli pot, it won't win any beauty pageants. But the name is pretty, the smell is delicate, the price is right, and it lasts you 'til it goes off and you have to chuck it.

Like most LUSH solid cleansers, it's a pain to use at first. You have to take a pinch (a very small one!), mush it up into a paste with a few drops of warm water, and rub it onto damp skin.

I find that with this product you can rub harder to exfoliate more. Nice!

However it leaves a film that toner can't remove. Also, it doesn't do a terrible lot for my acne-prone skin. It leaves it soft and glowy, which is desirable, but I need a harsher cleanser. I would suggest people with normal, slightly-dry, or sensitive skin give this a spin.

I'll buy it again to exfoliate, perhaps.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2007 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sheepishgurl

Based on several reviews here, I decided to give this product a try. I was a little skeptical though. I thought it was too pricey. What if it did not even work? Hopefully, I was thinking that it would help with my breakouts or soften my skin. I really wish that the product did something. I had to even pay shipping and handling because there is no Lush store where I live. I had high hopes. But, the plastic container was small, and it did not last long. The smell was interesting. I did not hate it or love it. While i was washing with it, it made my face soft. But, later once my face was dry, I could not tell the difference. This product may work for some people, but it was just like water for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2007 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Joke

I couldn't deal with this product ... it's probably me being stupid, but I hated hated the texture. No way I wanted to smear THAT on my face :). Once mixed with water it looked like dirty clay ... And I didn't enjoy the smell either. I'm sticking to Philosophy Purity (looks nice and clear!).