October 1, 2014 | 1525 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by divinemisscopa

I really loved this stuff at first. Really did. This made my skin feel soft and great and smelled quite dreamy. Unfortunately, my skin is quite sensitive and this does not work well at all for it. After several days of use it felt as though it was burning when lightly rubbing it in. It also left some small, cystic-type marks around my chin. It cannot be a hormonal break-out, as it's not the "correct time of month" for that to occur. I've ruled in this as the problem. I'm excited to try some Aqua Marina, as it's made for more sensitive skin like mine... *UPDATE* This stuff is OK - but not for daily use. It's a good product for 2-3 times per week usage in conjunction with baby face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by flawdperfecti0n

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm slightly undecided on this product. It smells nice and exfoliates, but I'm not entirely sure how well it's working as a cleanser. I use it almost every morning, but my skin very mildly broke out--I'm not sure if it's because of the product or because of hormones, but I guess we'll find out soon. It leaves my skin feeling pretty clean, so maybe I'm just really stressed out. The packaging is pretty inconvenient though and it gets a little messy (it's also kinda hard to get it into paste-type consistency). + When it's not on sale, it's pretty effing expensive. But other than that, I like it.
EDIT: Actually, I think I really like this. It lasts forever (I keep it in the fridge), since a little goes a long way, so I suppose it makes up for its price. It's also gentle enough to use daily and my skin has been clearing up. :]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by banana_008

Meh this was just ok. The scrub works well on the skin, really exfoliates and gets the blood circulating. Smells nice too. But it's so darn messy! You practically have to clean your sink out everytime you use this. Would probably work better in the shower but then you get water in it and the packaging for this sucks. I've also got little almond bits in my eyes on occasion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW. I am not the biggest Lush fan around but this stuff is amazing. From the moment I opened it, I knew it was going to be wonderful. The lavendar scent is just heavenly. I'm not normally even a lavendar fan, but this is so invigorating and wonderful smelling.

I had done some reading on the best way to apply this before I started and found most people like to put a small amount in their palm with a little water and make a paste. I did this and then rubbed it on my face in a circular motion for probably a minute. It felt so wonderful and smelled so good I didn't want to stop LOL. It literally felt like a spa type treatment that you never want to end. I couldn't believe it was happening in my own bathroom ♥

Did I mention the invigorating, intoxicating scent LOL... WOW I can't get over it. And my face felt fantastic. I have to say it again... FANTASTIC... Where has this stuff been all my life. When my face was dry it just felt cleaner than it has in a long time. I couldn't believe it. My skin felt soft, exfoliated and moisturized all at the same time. One product. I'm amazed.

Here are the ingredients:
Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), Perfume.

So simple. I think that is the amazing part. Who knew something so very simple could make my skin feel so wonderful:) I have tried to simply my skincare routine and this will be remaining in it definately ♥ $10 for a cleanser that will last 3 months and feels like a spa treatment=wonderful to me:)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by l1p9l055

I bought this after reading reviews and I think its one of the better cleansers I've used. I've tried neutrogena, clean and clear, biotherm, lancome, murad... and they've all been too drying for my combo skin. As an exfoliator, I think its not quite strong enough. As a cleanser, though, its so gentle. it doesn't leave me with flakes and washes off a lot of my makeup. I haven't been breaking out that much lately either! The one turn off is the scent. I'm okay with it personally, but I think many people will think its slightly offensive. Its supposed to smell like lavender (at the beginning you don't really get that yet), it took me awhile to get used to. Its also a bit messy to use, but I think I would repurchase after i'm done.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by bangton

I love this product so much! Hands down it is one of the best cleansers I have ever tried. My skin felt so clean and so soft after using it.
It is messy so I prefer to use it morning and night in the shower rather than washing my face over a basin of water. The spots on my chin are definately clearing from the use of this. My skin feels clearer and softer and it leaves a fantastic canvas for applying make up to! I am seriously in love with AOBS!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh. It's ok. As a scrub it's ok, nice and gentle, but as a cleanser it is rubbish. If i use it as a scrub I always need to go over afterwards with a gel cleanser or I end up all oily and yucko.
Although my friend with less oily skin than me swears by it. So I guess if you are blackhead prone and oily but you can keep that in check most of the time, steer clear.
I much prefer using Neutrogena Deep Clean gel wash and a buffing brush from the body shop. (Why did they discontinue my buffing pads?!?! Sigh.)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by flamehairedgoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has been my HG facewash for years now, had to get it mail order before but now we have a Lush in town (yay!)

Gentle exfoliation that suits my normal skin perfectly, i find the scrub easy to use, just a small amount on my hand and wet it then smear across face gently massaging. I found my dull skin improved greatly. Gentle enough to use everyday but as a product junkie i am ic ould never be content with only 1 item :) In the past year i have alternated with either Herbalism if pores blocked or Aqua Mirablis in summer very soothing for sunburnt skin.

All Lush products are as natural as they can make them without going off quickly and the only let down for me is the plastic tub these products come in which can crack if you overstock your shower tray like i do, but i consider this a small risk for my HG cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by starlequin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this! I've bought at least 3 tubs ever since I've known about Lush! :)

POSITIVES: ++Inexpensive, you only need to use a pinch!
++Smells nice
++Gentley exfoliates, great for sensitive skin!
++Leaves my skin soft and glowy, moisturizer optional

NEGATIVES: --Shelf life is only 3 months! :(

All in all.. if you don't mind scented facial products, and you're looking for something gentle yet different; I'd recommend this product! (And try one of their moisturizers, too! Hehe:) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by brooklynbee

This product takes a little bit of getting used to, but once you do, I think it works great. It's just enough gentle exfoliation without stripping your skin and overdrying it. After using for a few weeks, my skin is looking totally clear and feeling really balanced. The effect reminds me of Dr. Hauschka's exfoliating cleanser but at less than half the price! You get a LOT of product for the money. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is that the packaging is a bit awkward (although, IMO, this is mitigated by Lush's commitment to minimal packaging) and it does take some trial and error to get it right (you have to add water, make a paste, and then apply). I say the results are worth it!