November 28, 2014 | 1346 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by girlminitrucker

I like this product becuase is is not harsh on my face, I was using prescriptions from the dermatologist and my skin was raw and coming off in spots. Once I used this there was no burning, or stinging so I kept using it. It does take a little getting use to but I just wet my face, break off a piece and rub it into my face. It leaves my skin clean, and soft. This is a staple in my skincare arsenal and I even got my husband using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by aneffigy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had a ton of Macy's gift receipts right after Christmas and wandered over to the LUSH counter while trying desperately to find something to spend them on. I had heard a lot about LUSH (in fact, I live down the street from one of their full stores) and so I did a bit of research over Christmas about what product I would buy from them first - AOBS seemed like a good choice because it's mild and recommended for combo skin like mine, plus it's gotten so many rave reviews.. well.. everywhere.

It really did nothing for me. I found it way too difficult to use. I love my Neutrogena Anti-Stress Foam because it's a pump, it comes out as a foam, and you're done. I looked up how-to videos a few times and still couldn't get it to come out quite as pasty as it should be. The smell is okay if you like earthy scents, but I much prefer more fruity or fresh scents to lavender or florals, so it kind of bothered me. I used it a few times but got so frustrated with getting it to work that I stopped. Tried it again a few days ago and while it did leave my skin pretty soft, it's just too much of a hassle to me. I've had a way better experience with Ocean Salt.

UPDATE 4/7: I finally figured out how to use this properly and have been using it, in conjunction with my new Lush Tea Tree Toner, for the last few days. My skin is magnificently soft. It's even taming an outbreak caused by an errant Cargo product at Sephora. I'll keep buying this as long as it keeps working so well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Angels on Bare Skin was my first experience with a LUSH facial cleanser. I chose it for my combo skin b/c it seems to be the most benign cleanser LUSH makes for combo skin types AND b/c it received many rave reviews on the LUSH forum and here.

I was suprised by the packaging when it was delivered to my door. I know that LUSH packages their items as eco-friendly as possible, but I really don't dig the clear, plastic container that my Angels on Bare Skin Came in. It looks like something that would hold freshly grated cheese from the deli department.

I'm also not overly keen on the scent which is basically lavender mixed with a bit of an earthy (clay) scent. The texture is neat thanks to the crumbles of clay and ground almonds and offers extremely gentle exfoliation. The mild exfoliation is probably my most favorite aspect of this cleanser b/c I'm also a Differin 0.3% user. I want to use a scrub, but most are too harsh. Angels on Bare Skin is perfect.

Angels on Bare Skin effectively removes ALL traces of face and eye make-up. A plus where natural cleansers are concerned!

I "believe" shelf-life of this product is only 3 to 4 months, but you don't receive all that much so going through the small amount should be no problem. I would probably purchase this cleanser again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really love this stuff. I'm coming to the end of my first pot which, with once a day use, has taken me about 2 months. I use this as my morning cleanser. It's really helped to tone down the redness of my acne-prone skin and made it really soft. Definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ellebasi

I love this! It gives me a clean fresh feeling, after I wash this stuff off, because I really don't like the smell, yuck! But that's not important for such a wonderful result!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by scrappinrandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this product as it just makes you feel fresh. I don't know how else to explain that. It is a little pricey but it lasts for a while and I love the texture of it. If I go to lush I 'd buy it again but I won't go there just to get that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2008 5:50:00 PM More reviews by JellyBean_Baby

Natural ingredients clense the skin without leaving a tight feeling, ground almonds buff the skin while lavender sooths, feels very soft after use. I also use on my legs on special nights. Only problem is that it is a shot shelf life because the ingredients are fresh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I've become very interested in Lush products lately. What I've used is good, and they ship very quickly if you order online. Plus, free samples. This, so far, is my favorite of all their stuff. After one use, my skin looked perfect...I use it at night after removing my makeup with Albolene. I just can't say enough good things about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2008 12:04:00 AM More reviews by cutelu

love it for my chemically stripped dry face. I have been using proactive for many years for my acne-prone skin. Proactive has made my skin thin, dry, and sensitive. I have been progressively switching my skin care regimen to all natural, and am very glad to find Lush. AOBS is my virgin Lush product, and already I am hooked. It feels natural against my face, with the grounded almond and visible lavender seeds. the smell is also nice and natural, a significant departure from the other harsh expensive products I have used in the past. After washing, it leaves my skin smooth, silky, and well-moisturized. Can't comment on its effect on break outs yet, as I just started using it. If it turns out to be also positive in that aspect, AOBS will definitely be a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by waterchika

OK, I REALLY like this face wash so far. It smells good, is all natural, and makes me skin feel SO amazing after. My skin has been looking pretty dang good too! I don't think it is expensive at all considering it will probably expire before I use it up. It is very messy and I am still working out the exact amount of wash+water that = the perfect cleanser texture for me, but it is kinda fun and once again, it smells divine =)