April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by kimmie578

Simply the best face wash out there, period. I have been using Lush for years. I have tried all of their face washes, and this is "The One." Beautiful product, and my face feels soft and not at all dry after washing. It doesn't strip your skin of the natural oils it needs. A HG product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by drummergirl71

I love this product!! The container is user friendly, the scrub smells great and it works very well. I do have very sensitive acne prone skin, that is dry in the winter and even thought this is a scrub, it leaves a nice moisture to my face.
The ease of use is lacking..kinda a pain..but still love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by boysforpele82

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love Angels on Bare Skin, I really did. It smells so fresh and the almonds are ground so finely that it is not abrasive at all. The first and (even second time) I tried it I felt like I had found an HG...which would be a godsend, considering that my face is very sensitive, prone to ruddiness and acne breakouts in some areas. Soon to my chagrin I found a patch of whiteheads that can only be attributed to something occlusive in the scrub, as I tried using the cleanser several more times thinking that the first was just a fluke.
Nope. Unfortunately, Angels on a Bare Skin doesn't work for me. The application is messy and the product is fairly expensive, so I don't feel too saddened; although, this may be the best smelling facial product ever. If you have normal, resistant skin perhaps AOBS might work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2007 11:40:00 PM More reviews by bobbyrsgirl

This is a nice scrub but as with many LUSH products, I like it mostly for the scent. It's a nice lavender scent. In terms of effectiveness, you could find better scrubs out there that are easier to use, but LUSH products are just plain fun to use. I'll probably keep this in my scrub rotation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2007 4:33:00 PM More reviews by arianabanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

well, i quite like this product, you have to make it into a paste and it takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do its really nice on your skin. It leaves my skin glowy, smooth and silky.

The only down side of this is that if you use to much water to paste it up its just washes away, and the smell is a bit odd.

It also quite expensive for what you get, but i'd probably still buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2007 1:42:00 AM More reviews by jmthoreson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this cleanser. It leaves my skin soft and smooth and is very gentle on the skin. It has crushed almonds in it that provide some exfoliation. It is not harsh at all, the bits are soft on the skin. I use this every night in combination with sweet Japanese girl, (I put on sjg, rub it on for 30 seconds, then put aobs over the top and rub for another 30 seconds) which makes for an excellent facial routine. I usually use aobs by itself in the mornings, because I love how my skin feels after using it. I always make sure to use a toner after I use this, because it does leave a film on my skin, which makes me think it may cause breakouts if used alone.
I find the amount you get for the price to be excellent, a container is about $10.00, and it will most likely last me for 2 months. I

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 11:45:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

This is a very nice cleanser! I don't usually like Lush products as they are harsh, not really natural, smell plasticky (especially soaps) and extremely expensive for what you get.

Years ago I tried Angels on bare skin, Imperialis (old formula), Rosa Fresca Aulentissima soap and a yellow cleansing milk with saffran. They all were near to HG for my skin. This crap Lush decided to take them all away, but AoBS. I never understood their marketing. I was very disappointed and gave up Lush altogether.
A few weeks ago I got a full "deli" transparent oval package with fresh AoBS, used it again and loved it again!
I have sensitive eczema-prone combination skin with signs of ageing and most products cause me bad reactions.
I switched to all natural Dr.Hauschka and Weleda products which are no miracle but are very gentle.
This cleanser is very gentle but effective. It clearly has soothing properties as my skin becomes less irritated after using it.
I think that this is the effect of lavender and powder. The grains are not harsh. I don't feel that they break my skin like other exfoliators, especially natural ones with nutshell which are never regular shaped.
It scrubs quite well, but I prefer to use it as everyday cleanser in the morning, just massaging it with a very light hand, without scrubbing to hard.
I take off my makeup at night with gentle and effective Dr.Hauschka Cleansing Milk and try to stick to no nightcream regimen, so in the morning my skin has no film, only a few oil in the T-zone and AoBS is just right before my Light Rose Day Cream and makeup.
It takes a little bit to get used to its consistency, but it's not that hard!
I wet my face with lukewarm water, put a small quantity of AoBS in my hand (around 2-3 peas, which actually it's not small!), add water, spread on my hands and put it on my whole face, rub for a few seconds, trying to reach every spot but very very gently. Then I step into the shower and rinse under the water.
After that my skin is clean but not squeaky clean. AsBS leaves a very thin powdery soothing layer and my skin is soft and smooth. It's a little bit expensive but it lasts much longer than Dr.Hauschka Cleansing Cream.
If Lush is going to discontinue this one it's better for them to close shop.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 2:37:00 PM More reviews by twistedlogic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really haven't got the hang of this product yet, but I hope I'll figure out an effective way to use it and get results, 'cause this was kind of expensive. It has the weirdest consistency.

Edit: Nope. I really don't get it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2007 6:18:00 PM More reviews by cclayten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the way this smells, scrubs, and softens. I only use it once or twice a week because it doesn't give me that squeaky clean face that I get from other products. It's like dessert for my face and I don't need moisturizer after scrubbing with AOBS.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2007 7:45:00 PM More reviews by jiya2424

This is a nice facial scrub, my only problem is that i can't use it everyday since it makes my skin extra sensitive if i use this on a daily basis. But it does make my dry skin soft and glowy. Also, it's hard to get the right consistency of the paste the first time you use it, but eventually you get the hang of it. Overall it's a good product, and plus it's natural.