Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 4/12/2010 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

hated it. made me breakout. WAY WAY too greasy, gave me an oily look.

on 4/12/2010 2:47:00 AM

I'm from Europe, Holland to be exactly. So I'm reviewing the German version. We use this Nivea creme for everything, but we DON'T punt it on our faces. That's what I thought untill recently. I discovered that there is a group of people that does put it on their faces, and it works! I thought it would be way to greasy for my face. It isn't , I put it on at night and in the morning my face is sooo soft! And it doesn't cause break outs! I use toner to wipe the grease away and after that I apply Nivea Soft for the day, another great product from Nivea that I use all over my body!

on 4/7/2010 10:25:00 PM

I purchased this product after seeing a review on Blogdorf Goodman regarding the German version of the creme. I managed to get my hands on a small pot of the German version and it's come in so handy this past winter. You only need a little bit to moisturize your face and any other part that needs moisture. It's very rich and the scent is not overly feminine.

on 4/6/2010 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Pros:
very moisturizing - my skin feels ultra soft and smooth just after the first night.
small size is only 99cents - cheap and sold at the drugstores so it's easy to get a hold of.

Cons:
bad packaging - the lid can easily slip off. For me it's not a problem since I have it in my bathroom, but it's inconvenient if you want to have it in your purse or for travel.
greasy - when I layer more product, my face feels all greasy... and even when there's a little on my face, it's still a little greasy.
slow absorbing - it doesn't dry and get into the skin that fast. very slow, actually. even after a bit of time, there's still the residue/greasy/oily feeling.

Well. Despite all the cons, I still love this product because of what it does to my skin. So moisturizing and soft. It's best for nighttime, since it feels all greasy. I only had this in the winter too, so if I ever use this in broad daylight, I can only imagine the outcome of that.

Will repurchase!

on 4/6/2010 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Good moisturizer. In winter, my mother often used nivea soft at night and it was really effective (she has dry skin and in winter, her hand chap). Plus, it's cheap. But when I used it, it made my face oily after ten minute. So I think, if you have dry skin like my mother, you should try it

on 4/4/2010 8:02:00 PM

thick and moisturizing especially if you have dry skin. I like to use it during the winters and i put a thick layer on before going to bed. by the time i wake up, my skin is soft.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This creme is very thick, I out it on and I can still feel it on my hands and it's not very absorbable. Also I think the smell it terrible.

on 3/30/2010 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

very moisturizing
best for use in rough spots like feet, elbows, knees...its very very thick so its hard to spread over the whole body and will feel sticky after you put it on.so its best to apply at night ..overall i really like this creme is great for my dry skin and smells soft and feminine..definitely would buy again

on 3/29/2010 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I bought the small tin for $0.99 at a duane reade. i really did not like the smell but this stuff works wonders on my hands. i have a mild case of eczema and this stuff really moisturizes. it takes a while to rub this stuff in, but it worked really on my hands that i bought the bigger tub. i ONLY use this on my hands and no where else.

on 3/29/2010 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

During the winter, I notice I have severe dry patches on my face so I went on a quest to search for another moisturizer that could be a solution. After many reviews and countless hour searching, I gave up until I went to walgreens one day to get a replacement for Queen Helene Mint
Julep Mask. I was looking around and found this "Nivea Creme". I looked at it and decided to buy it because it was A. Its like a sample size, B. Price was cheap ($0.99), C. Impulse Buy. I purchase it with the mask and the other version which is Nivea Soft Creme (same price) . This was great in hydrating my face and hands. Since its geeting warmer, I been using the Soft version since its not that heavy on my face. I LOVE it since its in travel size,it ACTUALLY works and the price. The only thing I hate about it was the packaging. I wish it had a screw top like the Soft but it doesn't so I don't feel like its secure at all. So I do is throw it in a small sandwich bag and in it goes into my purse. I will always buy this!