July 28, 2014 | 1706 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nivea - Nivea Creme

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by CINDAAA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

My whole family uses this! Ive watched my mom put this stuff on everyday since i was a baby. Its greasy but it doesn't break me out. This stuff is amazing in the winter when my skin dries out. i have the big glass container of this cream. I loooove the smell! i would repurchase this until the day i die!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally agree with the reviewer below on its use under a thick concealer--it totally smooths it out and avoids creasing particularly for undereye concealers. This works well too for hands, neck, feet. I've used this since I was a child during dry winters too. Not much has changed since then which is fantastic. Unlike many creams that have too many ingredients or can sting the skin, this cream does not react with my sensitive skin. I do not however apply to my whole face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by ambism

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this creme! My mother introduced me to it and she's been using it since 1975... thus, it's been the traditional face moisturizer in my household for decades... and it never disappoints.

- Contrary to other opinions, I actually love the thickness of it! When you open the tin can (Germany Made), the creme is nice and thick and it means business.
- I approve of the smell. It's not offensive and it's rather pleasant.
- I find that it works amazing under a thick concealer. You know those concealers that cake up and dry out underneath your eyes? Well, using Nivea underneath one of those bad-boys will straighten that problem out.
- It reduces the appearance of fine lines underneath my eyes (I guess it fills them up for the time being).
- It makes the skin glow. However, if you apply too much,you'll be greasy. ;)
- Softens the skin.
- Doesn't break me out!
- Inexpensive!!

I guess you can say that spreading it can sometimes be difficult but if you apply a generous amount to different parts of your face, you'll be able to spread it better.

Overall : I love it!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this instead of my La Mer (i used La Mer for 4 yrs. And had to find something cheaper) , I have been using the German version. I must say it is amazing. No Joke, I tried this only because I have heard it's like La Mer. And the smell, texture and the way it feels on my skin is the same. And after using this for a few months I feel like a fool for ever spending my hard earned cash on La Mer.
It does the same thing, it moisturizes like no other cream, it makes mt skin look glowy and it makes my skin feel smooth. I use it on my face, lips, eyes, neck and chest. My skin never looks dry it just looks and feels smooth.
No breakouts or clogged pores.
I sware this stuff is amazing. And sooooooo cheap. I got the 13.5oz tin from smallflower.com for $16.
It's also great as a hand and foot cream. This baby is a gem.
When people use to compare it to La Mer I thought they were nuts. How can anyone compare a cream thats $230 per ounce to one so cheap. I feel silly for ever wasting my money on La Mer or any other expensive cream for that matter when this cream does the job of 10.

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2009 1:21:00 PM More reviews by ssupab

I have really dry skin and this stuff is still so greasy!! I only use it for my elbows and knees, sorry but I'm not a fan but it's so cheap. Therebisnt much harm in trying it !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by JustLikeHollywood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For some people this works as a ,facial moisterizer but for others not. For me this worked well as a facial moisterizer when my skin was very very dehydrated, but now, it makes my skin oliy, when I have very dry skin, this is wonderful as it fixes it in hardly no time, but all the time, big no no. on other skin, I don't like the feeling of it, maybe just my knees and elbows and I use it on peeling skin, but thats about it really, I do think its well worth the money and wonderful, but not once it heals the skin, it just makes it OTT oliy.
so now I'm on the hunt for a good moisterizer, anyone got any tips?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by TheHybred

This is one of my absolute favorite creams to use on my body. I think the metal tin packaging is really cute and vintagey. I love the classic Nivea smell. The product is a little greasy, which I value in a body moisturizer. My only complaint is that it is a little thick to apply all over my arms and legs because it can be difficult to spread.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by msCullen8685

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

there is alot of hype over this product, but i really don't see it. i bought this in the tube form because it is hard to carry the jar everywhere and unsanitary.
i think this ia a relatively hydrating cream - i use this for hands only though. i also find it sorta greasy, it takes a while to sink in, which i really don't like.
also, the smell is kinda weird, and not very nice...but i'm not overly bothered by it. also, the cream's texture is very....hard? that's how i'd describe it. like it is pretty hard to push out of the tube.
it is cheap so no big deal there.
however, i cringe at the thought of people using this on thier face! i am aware that cheap products can sometimes be the absolute best ones, but this cream seems very...crude. maybe for dry skin this is okay. but i shudder at the thought of letting this touch my combo skin.
if this is comparable to La Mer, i know never to blow hundreds of dollars on it.
this isn't amazing to me. it's just meh.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by kotsiros

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Despite all the hype i don't see this as a moisturizer, it delivers zero in that area.However it's a great barrier cream, if it's really cold outside i apply a tiny bit above my moisturizer and it seals it in,preventing the wind,cold,etc to work havoc on my skin.Nothing else.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Yay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the best things I ever put on my face. I'm acne prone but this doesn't give me any kind of blemishes. It even balances my skin tone.