Nivea Nivea Creme

4.2

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've been an avid user of creme de la mer for the last 5 years and absolutely love it as I've very dry sensitive skin and no moisturizer up until finding la mer would soothe and keep my skin moisturised all day. I even got my mum onto la mer and now she is a fanatic about it like me! I ran out of my la mer a few days ago and as I have to travel an hour to the nearest store that sells it and my car was in the garage I panicked and was going to buy a pot of celestial from Lush which is an Ok cream for sensitive skin which I sometimes use when I can't get my La Mer for a few days. Well I'm so glad I didn't, My boyfriends got a small pot of Nivea which he uses when his lips get chapped and after reading up if its ok for sensitive skin and checking the ingriedients I couldn't believe it when I came across all the reviews comparing it to La Mer. I must say I was shocked when I opened my blokes Pot of Nivea and it looks near enough the same as La mer. So now I've been using it for 3 days and am waiting for something bad to happen to my skin but I've got to praise this cream as I'ts fantastic! I cant believe how moisturizing it is and I only need to apply twice a day. I apply it as I do La Mer, Warm cream between your fingers then pat onto your face in a tapping motion. I'm not sure if I can quite give up La mer as it is a fantastic cream and whenever I've tried giving it up for a while to try a cheaper cream my skin has always suffered looking less than healthy and dull, But I'm so impressed by Nivea and the fact the ingredients are so similar to La Mer but so unbelievably cheap I might just be a convert to the little blue pot from Being a lover of La Mers little pot of gold!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Let me first say that I LOVE the scent of Nivea Creme. It reminds me of a scent an older woman might wear. It makes me feel sophisticated and it blends really well with my perfume.

I really hate how greasy this stuff is. In the winter it doesn't bother me, but in the summer I feel like I'm suffocating. I used to figure that for how greasy it is, it must provide the best moisture. Lately though, it just hasn't been doing the job. My elbows are like crocodiles and my legs like sandpaper.

I'll still buy this every once in a while for the classic scent and the sheen it gives my legs, but my hands feel greasy just thinking about it.

on 2/28/2010 3:38:00 PM

I purchased the 6.8-oz tub at Walmart for less than $7 including tax. Not sure what I was thinking when I purchased this, I think they didn't have the Soft one on the shelf nor the small 1-oz tin ones. This is very moisturizing, but it has mineral oil, which I don't find a problem in cosmetics, but in skin care, it seems to make me break out. I like to put this around the lower cheek area b/c that's where it's most dry and feels dry when I try to smile after washing my face & applying toner. At first, it was very moisturizing and seems to make my skin look better, but after a while, it made my pores bigger and actually gave me a few little bumpy pimples below my cheekbones. I was planning to use this as an eye cream, but now I'm not so sure I even want to keep the product. I've never used this all over the face b/c I have an oily t-zone, but I don't think I plan to do that any time soon. Maybe all I'll use it for cuticles or something, but I probably will give it to my friend or sell it on a blog sale or something, since I've barely used up the top layer.

on 2/28/2010 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This creme is way too thick and greasy for me. It smells good but is a little too heavily scented.

on 2/21/2010 8:50:00 PM

I keep one of the 0.99 one by my bed and one in my purse. For the price, nothing works better to keep my hands silky smooth. Before bed, I slather the stuff all over my feet and then put on socks to seal in the moisture overnight. I like the little tin, as well as the baby powder scent. Excellent product.

on 2/17/2010 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought a 15 ml travel size tin of this for 99 cents Canadian, and so far I'm pleased. It's cheap and it's very rich. I've used this as a night cream for the last two nights, and while I think it might break me out/clog my pores if I used it all the time, it's worked great so far. I woke up with noticably softer and smoother skin. I tend towards dry skin, though, so if you have oily skin you might not want to use it on your face.

on 2/13/2010 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

ok as moisterizer ...its good..but you have to use very very little and pat it in to your skin...im on the Jojohba oil now

ill use this as body moisterizer

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm reviewing the German version, which I bought from London Drugs in Canada.

Great moisturizer -- I use it on my face and lips and have no complaints. It is greasy upon initial application to my face, but after a while, it all gets absorbed (on me anyway) and the greasy look disappears. I don't like using it on my hands as much, but it works great on my feet before bedtime (socks on after applying).

I used to use Cetaphil lotion and barrier cream but found it wasn't moisturizing enough, so this has become my favoured facial cream when skin gets too dry.

I am reviewing the one made in Canada (as it states on the tube, it came in a Christmas package). This is also for the tube (not tub, I use this on my face so I'd rather not).
It took me awhile to jump on this band wagon but I'm glad I did.
I don't use this daily. I use a 8% glycolic acid night cream, but sometimes it makes my skin flake (diet/weather/hormones) and I had no luck to calm it down. None of my other heavy duty moisturizers helped it, I couldn't exfoliate this dead skin away. It eventually would go away but it bothered me for the time it was there.
But now, whenever that happens, I just gently exfoliate with a washcloth and slather this all over my face.
Yes, it is pretty greasy. I prefer to do it awhile before bed so my face doesn't stick to my pillow. You're going to want to rub this one in, or else you will be a white, streaky mess.
The smell doesn't bother me and I'm sensitive to fragrance. I have dry, sensitive skin but relatively clear. I think this would be fine for anybody to use on occasion. Perhaps not constant use for oilier types.
I like this as a cream for other parts such as feet, hands, elbows and so on. Again, save the hands until nighttime or else you'll leave a mess on everything you touch.

on 2/8/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This review is for the German made product.

First, just let me say that given all the raves, I REALLY wanted to like this product. Also, I wanted to find that one, reasonably priced cream to address all my winter skincare needs (face excluded). Sadly, this product failed miserably. Here's why:

1.) Too thick. And not in the good way. In the bad way, where you're still working the stuff in 3 minutes later. After doing my feet and knees I was exhausted.
2.) The smell. Delightful but way too strong and lasting.
3.) The result. Just wasn't as moisturizing as I had hoped. I currently use their "Essentially Enriched" (American made) lotion and the results are far superior.

Well, at least the tin was nice.