September 18, 2014 | 1927 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Spendy_McShopalot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lives up to the hype! Gets rid of makeup residue and does not dry out my skin! The smell vanishes once it has dried.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by slg279

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave ACV 2 months and I'm sorry to say it hasn't seemed to do much of anything for my combo skin. After seeing all the glowing reviews, I really wanted it to work! I was using a mixture of ACV, water, tea tree oil, and lavender oil. Didn't improve my skin in the least. Worked better as a boyfriend repellent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Mirabel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying a new skin care routine, and Bragg's has been part of it. I mix green tea and ACV and add some tea tree and lavender essential oil. When I used it as a toner, I would still smell the vinegar on my skin when I washed my face again 12 hours later, so I tried it as a splash after my cleanser and then rinsed it off with water. Awesome results! I recommend trying this to anyone who can't stand the smell. Edit: 2007/03/16. Likely at this point no one will read this review, there's just too many, but I have to say that this is very drying and irritating in the long run. I have found other measures that give me better control over acne.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 11:08:00 PM More reviews by walljoy

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! After reading the rave reviews on this forum about the apple cider vinegar I decided to give it a try...and again WOW! It is 'all that and more!' I purchased a 99 cent bottle of this stuff at 5 percent acidity from the local supermarket. I was at first diluting it but decided to use it full strength. I semi-soaked a cotton ball and after each wash, 2 to 3 times per day, for a few weeks I remained faithful to this. Results so far --> WOW! A remarkably clearer, acne-kept-in-check (big time!) complexion! I started to dilute this a bit due to some dryness so I semi-soak the cotton ball with ACV and then wet it with water a bit. It's a bit less drying that way but still effective. What a wonderful remedy/treatment for the face. I even had a blackhead that has been sitting in one of my pores for weeks finally pop out today before ever turning into a pimple! I attribute that, in part, to this stuff! The smell of this stuff, by the way, goes away rather quickly so there is no worry about the aftermath of it offending yourself or someone else. I use this AHA powerhouse (ACV) along with my BHA powerhouse (the aspirin mask) and I am one happy camper! This far surpasses the quality of even my DDF 10% Glycolic toner, which I thought ruled the roost! I still got occasional zits after using the glycolic toner though but with this ACV stuff...so far so good! I also made a small cocktail solution of this ACV with Vitamin C, aspirin, and some water. I use that once on the weekends for a bit of variety and extra nourishment for my skin. I am very pleased to incorporate this into my skincare regimen and am grateful to have been made aware of this wonderful all-natural product by way of this forum!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 2:32:00 AM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AWESOME!! It may stink to high heavens,but believe me,it really works!I have combination skin,very oily on my forehead and nose,and normal to somewhat dry on my cheeks.I'd been using the Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with water for about a month or so and my skin looked good,alot less oily looking,and then I ran into Caretake's toner recipe on here (ACV mixed with green tea,and then I put 4 or 5 aspirin in it and shake it up and keep it refridgerated!)My skin looked OK before with the AVC,but with the green tea and aspirin,OMG,my skin has never looked better!My pores,which were HUGE before,are hardly even noticible now!My skin looks so healthy and smooth,it glows,and now I hate to put foundation on it LOL!I still get the occasional zit or blackhead from time to time,but they're so small,it's no big deal.The only thing is,is that this stuff can be drying at times,so be sure to start with a little and use a good moisturizer afterwards!
**UPDATE**Since it's winter time,I cannot use this stuff twice a day like I used to because of the harsh drying effect is has...I use it now only once every other day,with a TON of face moisturizer!Even though I use it once every other day,(just intil winter is over)my skin still looks pretty darn good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2005 9:41:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

About a week ago my teen-age son wanted to try the Bragg's ACV as a toner and threw it in my shopping cart. I was too lazy to put it back on the shelf and boy am I glad. He has moderate acne and Retin-A hasn't been working well lately, just irritating his skin. Also my daughter who has normal skin but prone to tiny rash-like bumps. And finally me, who is pushing 50 but still blemish/blackhead prone. After one week, the consensus is that we are all seeing positive results (cleaner, clearer, more 'glowy' skin with improved texture). We plan to continue the regimen and update. EDIT Feb/06 To harsh on my face but tried it in my ears and it was the only thing that cleared up the itching, flaking dermatitis. My son still likes it on his face. EDIT Nov/07 I just repurchased and have been using as a hair rinse and it seems to be the only thing that helps my itching scalp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 9:01:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using natural (unheated, unfiltered, etc. but not Braggs brand) apple cider vinegar for several weeks and noticed an improvement in my skin. It does not prevent hormonal breakouts (aaaururghghg!!!) but does speed up healing! It simply evens everything out nicely. I've noticed fewer blackheads. I've been using a concentration of about 1 part vinegar to 2 parts strong green tea. Using this pure STINGS, but diluted is OK. The smell dissipates after a few minutes. Can only recommend this, at least try it! **UPDATE** I have been using this elsewhere on my body, including on my back where I occasionally break out, and on my *scalp* where I get itchiness and breakouts in the winter. This stuff is wonderful!!! If anyone has any scientific, neutral information about how this product works, please send me a MUAmail!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Aeon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just started using this stuff. I bought the Trader Joe's version. It's pasturized and organic, and has the "mother", web-like substance at the bottom of the jar. I mixed 2 parts water, 1 part acv, with 20 drops of tea tree oil, and 15 or so of lavender oil. Skin looks somewhat better, no new breakouts, but I'll have to stick with it through next week to see if it really will make a difference.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2005 6:37:00 PM More reviews by fromtheground

this works wonderfully! i tried it at first with store-brand ACV, and my skin became very red & irritated. i bought the small bottle of bragg's organic/unfiltered ACV with mother & decided to try again. i mixed 1/4 C of bragg's ACV with 3/4 C strong brewed green tea (made with spring water). i've been using it for about a week and my skin has been fabulous! so soft & positively glowing. i usually have a lot of red spots and/or blemishes but since using this my face has been much clearer. i'm so glad i found out about this!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2005 9:08:00 PM More reviews by ella05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could mix one drop in a bucket of water and this stuff would *still* irritate my skin. What a shame considering how inexpensive it is!