October 24, 2014 | 1704 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by alias86

ok...this stuff is seriously scaring me with how well it works. I have combination skin and I usually have at least one or two pimples.
I used it ONCE after washing my face 2 nights ago and then last night after my shower I took out my Tweezerman blackhead/whitehead extractor thing to do my nose and...there was nothing to take out! I just stared in disbelief at the mirror. This stuff cleared up virtually all my blackheads and blemishes OVERNIGHT!!!!! Needless to say, I love this stuff! I followed some of the recipe things posted, but here is what I did:
I mixed about 1/3 ACV (the unfiltered kind) with 2/3 strong green tea and then added around 3-4 drops lemon oil, 5 drops tea tree oil, and 5 drops jojoba oil (just cuz I had it so I thought I'd put it in there). I store it in the fridge and everynight after washing my face I pat it on and let it dry. It doesn't smell that great but it's at night, so who cares. I've only used it twice and my skin is completely cleared up. I keep checking in the mirror to make sure I'm not hallucinating.
I also have been drinking vinegar (NOT the toner I made for my face, just the vinegar, don't drink the toner!) 1-2 times a day b/c it's supposed to be good for like everything...weight loss, your skin, your heart, acid reflux or whatever. I put 2 tsps in a glass of warm water along with a bit of honey. It's still sort of nasty because I don't put in that much honey but it's not unbearable, sort of sour but feels good. It's good in V8, I actually like the taste of V8 better with it in it.
Yay for this stuff! will be using for the rest of my life if it doesn't stop working (I'll keep my fingers crossed)...

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2006 3:25:00 PM More reviews by libby99

I wanted to like this, but it did nothing for me aqua glycolic's toner didn't do. The AG toner is much better (even skin, smaller pores, fewer breakouts and blackheads), and doesn't stink to high heaven. I am not one to care about how a product smells if it works, but I could not live with the smell.

I think this is very overhyped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2006 6:05:00 AM More reviews by e_L_L_e

wow wow wow! i decided to try bragg's acv to replace my current toner in order to be more natural in my regimen. i dilute it with water approx. 1:4. leave it on for a few seconds, then wash off with water. i also drink it every morning on an empty stomach: 1 cup warm water (NOT boiling), 2tspn acv, and 1 tspn honey. imo, it tastes great, sweet and sour. i have been doing this for more than a month, and the results have been great for my skin!! i don't even mind the smell much now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2006 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Rose2854

Wow wow wow!! This has done all its been said to do and more! Let me say that I am 24, have combo skin, lately its been on the dry side. I have suffered with consistant acne ever since a young teen and NOTHING has worked this well. I could not find the Braggs brand of ACV but I went into the health food section and found another organic version that does contain "the mother". I mix this with strong green tea, some tea tree oil, few drops of lemon oil, 7-8 aspirin, and distilled water and have been keeping it in the fridge. Have been using for about 2 weeks now with glowing results! My face had broken out HORRIBLY recently due to, I believe, a new foundation I was trying . Since stopping the use of the foundation and using this, my skin is looking 100 times better. A few spots are left but they are definately on their way out, and my skin looks SO clear and healthy. I have been washing my face with Aveeno calming foam cleanser, followed by the ACV mix. After that dries, I put on Mario Badescu healing cream. Wonderful! Almost every morning this week I have also been putting on a face mask for about 20 minutes of pure manuka honey mixed with aspirin. This combo is FABULOUS. I recently ordered the pore purifying cleanser from Christine Chin and will be trying this in replacement of my aveeno. ACV is a miracle worker!!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2005 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Spendy_McShopalot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lives up to the hype! Gets rid of makeup residue and does not dry out my skin! The smell vanishes once it has dried.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by slg279

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave ACV 2 months and I'm sorry to say it hasn't seemed to do much of anything for my combo skin. After seeing all the glowing reviews, I really wanted it to work! I was using a mixture of ACV, water, tea tree oil, and lavender oil. Didn't improve my skin in the least. Worked better as a boyfriend repellent.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2005 2:05:00 PM More reviews by Mirabel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been trying a new skin care routine, and Bragg's has been part of it. I mix green tea and ACV and add some tea tree and lavender essential oil. When I used it as a toner, I would still smell the vinegar on my skin when I washed my face again 12 hours later, so I tried it as a splash after my cleanser and then rinsed it off with water. Awesome results! I recommend trying this to anyone who can't stand the smell. Edit: 2007/03/16. Likely at this point no one will read this review, there's just too many, but I have to say that this is very drying and irritating in the long run. I have found other measures that give me better control over acne.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2005 11:08:00 PM More reviews by walljoy

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! After reading the rave reviews on this forum about the apple cider vinegar I decided to give it a try...and again WOW! It is 'all that and more!' I purchased a 99 cent bottle of this stuff at 5 percent acidity from the local supermarket. I was at first diluting it but decided to use it full strength. I semi-soaked a cotton ball and after each wash, 2 to 3 times per day, for a few weeks I remained faithful to this. Results so far --> WOW! A remarkably clearer, acne-kept-in-check (big time!) complexion! I started to dilute this a bit due to some dryness so I semi-soak the cotton ball with ACV and then wet it with water a bit. It's a bit less drying that way but still effective. What a wonderful remedy/treatment for the face. I even had a blackhead that has been sitting in one of my pores for weeks finally pop out today before ever turning into a pimple! I attribute that, in part, to this stuff! The smell of this stuff, by the way, goes away rather quickly so there is no worry about the aftermath of it offending yourself or someone else. I use this AHA powerhouse (ACV) along with my BHA powerhouse (the aspirin mask) and I am one happy camper! This far surpasses the quality of even my DDF 10% Glycolic toner, which I thought ruled the roost! I still got occasional zits after using the glycolic toner though but with this ACV stuff...so far so good! I also made a small cocktail solution of this ACV with Vitamin C, aspirin, and some water. I use that once on the weekends for a bit of variety and extra nourishment for my skin. I am very pleased to incorporate this into my skincare regimen and am grateful to have been made aware of this wonderful all-natural product by way of this forum!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2005 2:32:00 AM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is AWESOME!! It may stink to high heavens,but believe me,it really works!I have combination skin,very oily on my forehead and nose,and normal to somewhat dry on my cheeks.I'd been using the Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with water for about a month or so and my skin looked good,alot less oily looking,and then I ran into Caretake's toner recipe on here (ACV mixed with green tea,and then I put 4 or 5 aspirin in it and shake it up and keep it refridgerated!)My skin looked OK before with the AVC,but with the green tea and aspirin,OMG,my skin has never looked better!My pores,which were HUGE before,are hardly even noticible now!My skin looks so healthy and smooth,it glows,and now I hate to put foundation on it LOL!I still get the occasional zit or blackhead from time to time,but they're so small,it's no big deal.The only thing is,is that this stuff can be drying at times,so be sure to start with a little and use a good moisturizer afterwards!
**UPDATE**Since it's winter time,I cannot use this stuff twice a day like I used to because of the harsh drying effect is has...I use it now only once every other day,with a TON of face moisturizer!Even though I use it once every other day,(just intil winter is over)my skin still looks pretty darn good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2005 9:41:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

About a week ago my teen-age son wanted to try the Bragg's ACV as a toner and threw it in my shopping cart. I was too lazy to put it back on the shelf and boy am I glad. He has moderate acne and Retin-A hasn't been working well lately, just irritating his skin. Also my daughter who has normal skin but prone to tiny rash-like bumps. And finally me, who is pushing 50 but still blemish/blackhead prone. After one week, the consensus is that we are all seeing positive results (cleaner, clearer, more 'glowy' skin with improved texture). We plan to continue the regimen and update. EDIT Feb/06 To harsh on my face but tried it in my ears and it was the only thing that cleared up the itching, flaking dermatitis. My son still likes it on his face. EDIT Nov/07 I just repurchased and have been using as a hair rinse and it seems to be the only thing that helps my itching scalp.