Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/18/2005 9:16:00 PM

My search has ended, this is my HG foundation. The first time I wore this I was in a resturant when the waitress taking my order stopped dead and asked, "What kind of foundation are you wearing because your skin is beautiful?" When I told her what it was she said it was the best tip anyone had ever given her! I'm stockpileing big time.

on 6/17/2005 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Well I liked the color (Golden), the coverage, the texture and how long it lasts but sadly it clogged my pores and now I have little bumps everywhere! I don't know what in it caused this but I have tried it several times...dumb me because I really wanted it to work but everytime I would break out. I am very oily, acne prone with huge, I mean, potholes here on my face!

on 6/16/2005 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this product. I wouldn't say it's blemish HEALING, really, but it doesn't cause any additional breakouts. The coverage is just perfect. I switched to this from Mary Kay full coverage. I'm much happier with the coverage and it's slightly cheaper ($11 at Target as opposed to $14 from a consultant).

I've noticed a lot of people commenting about the wide mouth. I haven't had any problems with the mouth but that may be because I use a sponge for application. It makes everything much easier. continued >>

on 6/15/2005 6:15:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After reading mixed reviews I wasn't too sure about this product (I purchased it before reading!)but I can say that I am pleasantly surprised!!
The coverage is great giving me a natural semi matt appearance and it lasts all day without getting oily (which happens to me when I use Superfit)
My skin looks much better (i don't actually think that it has cleared anything up, thats due to a great Evian facewash, but it may have prevented them from coming back!)My only complaint is with the bottle! Um I can't travel with it as it spills EVERYWHER!! Im too scared to put it in my makeup bag as it will ruin it! Almay CHANGE THE BOTTLE!!!! Other than that 2 thumbs up!! !

on 6/10/2005 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm not certain whether this foundation cleared my skin or not but it didn't break me out. Well, I don't really expect foundations to clear up my skin anyways. One thing I like about this foundation is that it is not cakey at all, not even if you put on a lot. It gives average coverage, not too great but not too bad either. The finish is shine free and a soft matte, which I like a lot. The bottle is slightly annoying since it can leak into a makeup bag so I have to store it upright on my dresser. There aren't too many colour choices and if I remember right, they lean towards a more yellow based colour, which is good for some people. I wouldn't repurchase and am still on the lookout for my HG foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow. I was using Chanel DP Creme foundation, but wanted something cheaper on days I didn't want to use my expensive foundation. Thanks to all the reviews of this foundation here, I went out and got a bottle for $11.99 at Walgreens in 03-Neutral and WOW, this is great stuff. Very matte, great coverage, easier to spread that Chanel, and the yellow-based color is gorgeous on me!!! And it's smoother than the Chanel. I love the salicyclic acid in it to help my breakouts. The color stays true throughout most of the day, especially if I use a mattifier under it like Clinique's Instant Perfector or PTR's mattifier. I feel more justified buying an expensive primer if I use this foundation. Great texture, but packaging sucks. Wide mouthed jar, leaks all over. Other than that, HG!!!!

on 5/28/2005 10:25:00 AM

Last summer, I started to break out a bit and thought perhaps this makeup would help me out since it contains blemish-healing medicine. Well, this foundation only succeeded in making my complexion go from bad to worse! The good part of this foundation was that the color match was fairly good (for a drugstore brand) and the staying power was excellent. Would have been a great foundation for my oily, acne-prone skin if it didn't make my blemish problem worse! Definitely won't be buying again!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation for the moment since I can't seem to find anything better. The shades are a little to yellow for me but that is my only complaint since it goes on with good coverage, is easy to apply, never makes me break out, and looks natural. Most foundations wreak havoc on my skin and this is the only one that doesn't so I guess I'll keep coming back until my acne-prone teenage years are over. Really a great foundation for teens.

on 5/19/2005 2:34:00 PM

This is my HG foundation. The foundation that I keep coming back to time and again. I am very fair but the lightest color suits me perfectly. It blends easily and the color does not turn on me during the day. It has medium coverage and will cover minor imperfections but lets your skin shine thru. I love this foundation. I have very sensitive skin and most other foundations break me out or cause a rash, this is one of the only ones that I do not have a problem with. The only objection I have to it is the bottle. The bottle is horrible. It is square shaped and the top of the bottle is round so foundation gets caught in the top and it can get kind of funky. Almay needs to redesign the bottle and they would have a PERFECT product.

on 5/13/2005 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I always try different foundations to see if there is anything good out there ... but I just love the way this foundation covers and looks so good. I like good coverage for a flawless face. It had excellent coverage and I reallly like it.