August 1, 2014 | 1890 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by natokt

Though this foundation is the only one I've ever bought that matches my skin exactly, it isn't the best foundation out there. It looks amazing when I first put it on, but it feels incredibly greasy within the hour and looks horrible. The bottle is also horrible; the widemouthed jar ends up spilling in my makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by hush

I thought this was great after using a sample from a magazine so after rushing out and buying the full size I was more than a little disappointed.

EFFECT:
ARGH ... am I turning into a reptile or what. Goes on smooth and dewy but once it dries my skin is left tight and crackly. Definitely not the nice smooth matt finish I was expecting.

COLOUR:
I purchased "Bisque" which was a perfect match for me, although I have noticed that in places that I've tried to dot it on as a concealer, it shows up quite orange.

PACKAGING:
Absolutely TERRIBLE! Would be much better with a pump, but comes in a stupid wide mouth bottle so that there is no control over how much comes out, and it all manages to collect around the lid etc.

I had high hopes for this but I definitely won't be buying again - in fact I'm off out to get myself something different right now!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2005 1:48:00 AM More reviews by aliso

This product broke me out. It's just wrong when a foundation called Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup breaks you out.

This foundation does have very nice coverage that looks very natural. The colors are also very natural and pretty. It leaves a healthy and slightly dewy finish.

But that doesn't really matter if it causes you to break out even though its called CLEAR COMPLEXION BLEMISH HEALING MAKEUP. so annoyed.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is kind of my go-to liquid foundation. I am 19 and have dealt with mild/moderate acne in the past...I no longer use Differin (haven't for about 2 years) and my skin has given me absolutely no problems.. .I don't know if it is because my hormones have settled down or because of this makeup...(likely a combination haha). Almay has great natural looking shades and this formula looks and feels really smooth and nice...the coverage is a bit on the heavier side, but def. not too opague for everyday wear...the downside is the messy, messy bottle..

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:16:00 PM More reviews by red_lipgloss

This is a very good foundation if you like those kind that go on kinda thick yet you can still see you're skin a bit, ya know? I gave it a three though because all of the colors are yellow based and the lightest one was too dark. I guess where they are based everyone is tan or something...I think I'll be using this after the summer...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2005 2:11:00 PM More reviews by swuirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packaging sucks! It doesn't last very long. Blah I just don't like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2005 1:15:00 PM More reviews by kariwilson86

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

PACKAGING IS TERRIBLE!! Not to mention the colour selection!! Price is amazing....as well the concept is good. For the first few months I really enjoyed this product, but once I got onto my second bottle, and the colder weather was approaching (Octoberish) I really started to fall out of love with this. I started to break out more...and I'm assuming its cuz of this because once I stopped using it I was fine again. Overall its really not so bad for a drugstore product. I definitely would encourage people to try it. URGH THE BOTTLE SUX THOUGH!! Freakin mess!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2005 12:33:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

This is a nice foundation but for the color selection, which by Almay standards is very disappointing. They really need a shade between 01 Ivory and 02 Naked. Based on reading the reviews here I am not the only one who falls between those two shades. (I am MAC NC20, Stila B, Bobbi Brown/Laura Mercier Warm Ivory.) If you can find a color that matches, this a decent foundation. It has a fairly light texture that is easy to apply and blend. Coverage is light to medium. It has a matte finish but in terms of staying matte throughout the day I'd give it a so so rating. I didn't have any problems with the packaging but I didn't attempt to store it in a makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2005 4:02:00 AM More reviews by little_one

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The lady at the drustore I bought this from tried different shades on me and found the right one (beige 06 if I remember correctly) so I didn't have any problems with colour =). And It felt very light and made my skin look completely natural. Best of all, it hid all my scars when I used it with a concealer and I didn't break out after I used it. But I TOTALLY agree about the packaging. It's a sturdy bottle, but what's with that lid?! It leaked in my makeup bag (but I caught it in time, thank goodness) and stuff builds up inside the lid. Not pretty.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2005 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Coquete

I decided to buy this foundation after reading your reviews. I'm looking for a matte foundation that can handle my over-production of oil, that can also minimize my large pores and of course that doesn't break me out (too much to ask I think). I bought the Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup yesterday for $14Can, average price, I thought. I bought Neutral 3, which was pretty similar to Buff from Revlon(good stand-by foundation). The coverage was good and it looked very natural, I noticed that it was more matte than my colourstay Natural, which was a good thing, but I didn't notice any difference with my pores and the shine came back after a few hours. I guess I'll continue to use it as long as it doesn't break me out and as long as I don't find anything better. If you ladies know of any other foundation that might work better please let me know. I'll write again if I get any adverse results. Update...I actually ended up returning this foundation, I noticed a few times that it would cake in certain areas and that the coverage was at times artificial looking. So I went back to my colourstay natural, and I dont plan on changing it unless it's well worth it!!