December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2005 7:48:00 PM More reviews by lynz_83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation, it helps keep my skin stay fairly breakout-free. I could never wear foundation before because I always broke out, but this is a good one. I find it's a little too thick though, so in the mornings I mix a bit into my moisturizer and it goes on much more sheer (like a tinted-moisturizer) and looks great all day! The bottle sucks, but it's a decent price and works well, so I'll probably buy it again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2005 3:43:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

i have a love/hate relationship w/ this foundation. i love it b/c i can count on it never breaking me out, but i hate it b/c it gives wierd coverage ( covers redness but leaves your blemishes and pores looking icky and pronounced). i use this in Beige. i apply it with a sponge to give a more natural finish, this seems to help with the shiny-ness that comes with applying it w/ your fingers, but im really just not happy with this foundation at all. i cant understand why they would market this for oily/acne prone skin, when all it does is accentuate those bad parts that you want to downplay.
p.s-i do use the concealer from this line regularly, and like it. cant say the same for this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2005 12:48:00 AM More reviews by mercurial

Love this. I got lucky with the shade (it matches perfectly), and I even slept in my makeup three times with NO skin problems the next day. The bottle neck could be narrower, but I haven't been this happy with a foundation since Clinique.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2005 7:02:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

good product, but better suited for people with oilier skin. tried it on my combination skin and it didn't blend as good as their compact-cream CC foundation, because it dries a little too fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2005 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Audge

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have finally found a foundation I can wear! Hooray! I bought this in 01 Ivory and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It goes on so smooth & looks so natural. It also keeps my oily skin from looking too greasy. The price is right too. The only downside is the horrible bottle; I always have to keep it upright to prevent spills.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2005 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Mlmontoya

I started using this a month ago and it's by far the cheapest foundation I've ever used, but it's great. It doesn't break me out like most other makeups do. I also had little red spots on my face that are gone now that I've been using this (must be the BHA). The jar does suck, but I can live with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2005 4:56:00 PM More reviews by natokt

Though this foundation is the only one I've ever bought that matches my skin exactly, it isn't the best foundation out there. It looks amazing when I first put it on, but it feels incredibly greasy within the hour and looks horrible. The bottle is also horrible; the widemouthed jar ends up spilling in my makeup bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2005 3:56:00 PM More reviews by hush

I thought this was great after using a sample from a magazine so after rushing out and buying the full size I was more than a little disappointed.

EFFECT:
ARGH ... am I turning into a reptile or what. Goes on smooth and dewy but once it dries my skin is left tight and crackly. Definitely not the nice smooth matt finish I was expecting.

COLOUR:
I purchased "Bisque" which was a perfect match for me, although I have noticed that in places that I've tried to dot it on as a concealer, it shows up quite orange.

PACKAGING:
Absolutely TERRIBLE! Would be much better with a pump, but comes in a stupid wide mouth bottle so that there is no control over how much comes out, and it all manages to collect around the lid etc.

I had high hopes for this but I definitely won't be buying again - in fact I'm off out to get myself something different right now!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2005 1:48:00 AM More reviews by aliso

This product broke me out. It's just wrong when a foundation called Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup breaks you out.

This foundation does have very nice coverage that looks very natural. The colors are also very natural and pretty. It leaves a healthy and slightly dewy finish.

But that doesn't really matter if it causes you to break out even though its called CLEAR COMPLEXION BLEMISH HEALING MAKEUP. so annoyed.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is kind of my go-to liquid foundation. I am 19 and have dealt with mild/moderate acne in the past...I no longer use Differin (haven't for about 2 years) and my skin has given me absolutely no problems.. .I don't know if it is because my hormones have settled down or because of this makeup...(likely a combination haha). Almay has great natural looking shades and this formula looks and feels really smooth and nice...the coverage is a bit on the heavier side, but def. not too opague for everyday wear...the downside is the messy, messy bottle..