August 29, 2014 | 1199 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by kzzylee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This smells nice, but it did not relieve dryness at all. Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/12/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by tigrelis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is nothing really wrong with this product, but I don't feel like it does much for my cuticles. I've never slathered it on, but my cuticles always dry out again within an hour (toes, not fingers). But the smell is great, and it FEELS good putting it on. Just does not last.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by chinkywinky

I use this as an overnight treatment along with a hand creme with moisturizing gloves. The smell is great and my cuticles are good in the morning. However, the effect does not last all day. My cuticles dry out during the day even though I always follow hand washing with lotion. I will keep using this until I discover something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by loliemoo

i like this. it softens my cuticles and give my nail a buffed adn polished look. it isnt as hard to use as it looks. all you have to do is use the pad of your thumb and swipe it across the top and you get enough to rub in about 2 cuticles' worth and you dont get anything under your fingernails. the first time you use it..it is a little hard so just rub it back and forth a few mores times until it warms up. i love the packaging. its so cute. and i love the smell too. :]

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by astroblack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

After using this for nearly six months, I've seen no improvement with my cuticles. After a while, the smell remninded my of furniture wax. Burt's Bee's products are usually a miss for me anyway.
100% jojoba oil and vitamin E oil was much more effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 9:02:00 PM More reviews by kag26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only thing that really works on my cuticles without getting my hands all sticky. Just make sure you don't come in contact with too much dust/lint while it's on--it sticks! Love the smell, love the tin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ratgirldjh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

for some reason this dries out my cuticles in the long run. when i first put it on it feels like it is well absorbed, and softening my cuticles. but after a couple of days they are actually crispy - which makes me have to use more and more - and they stay soft for a while then get crispy and hard again. also, my fingernails are already so hard that i'm scared to use it (lemon oil is supposed to harden fingernails). i much prefer to just use the baby bee apricot oil and rub that on them - then they stay soft longer. i will not be buying this again. i don't see why this creme does this - it is almost the exact same ingredients as the vitamin e body oil (except for the beeswax) and the oil doesn't dry me out (i don't think...) actually, this makes me worry that anything lemony is too harsh for my skin or drying - i like the packaging - but would have prefered it in a small glass jar. if i would have enjoyed using it i would have switched it to a jar. however, i really love the smell.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2007 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Wuzzo

I'm a bit iffy on this product. It appears, at first blush, to be a really good lubricant, but it's effect seems to fade fast. I've been applying it a few times a day and my cuticles are still pretty dry. I do LIKE the concept of the product (tin, lemony smell) and I have three of these knocking about the house.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by qpid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this only so-so. Like alldayparallelred. I did not think it was overly moisturizing, far less so than any of my lotions. My cuticles felt soft initially but the moisture seemed to disappear in only a few minutes or so. I found that plain olive oil works far better, and Skin Food does a great job for cuticles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by tygress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tend to develop cuticles that peel so I got this product in a body kit and used it on my cuticles twice a day for a 4-day period and it made all the difference. The peeling around my cuticles stopped and the skin around them became extremely soft and managable. The cons of this product is obviously the smell--the odor is very strong-smelling and reminiscent of lemon furniture polish. Yuck! The other con is the packaging, you practically have to scrape it out of the tin to get it out, which is a pain because in the end your hands are a greasy mess. For the performance of this product though the cons are minor because the result was what I was looking for all along. I'd probably buy this again.