April 20, 2014 | 930 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by jessicanb304

I have tried many drugstore foundations and I haven't found anything as good as this! This foundation doesn't make me oily, doesn't look cakey, & it covers my acne scars almost fully without even using concealer. It also lasts pretty much all day! I love this foundation!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

I was so surprised by how great this foundation works. It goes on very smoothly and gives a nice even coverage. It doesnt cover blemishes as well as I thought it would, but if you finish up with a concealer you'll be looking flawless in no time.
I use this product with the Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer, and then it gives me the extremly full coverage that I'm looking for.
I've already repurchased this foundation and will definitely continue to!
Pros:
- Gives medium-full coverage
-Glides on smoothly
-Lasts all day
-Provides some oil control
-Comes in a variety of shades

Cons:
-Tends to oxidize into a darker shade (Buy a shade lighter than you think you'll need)
-Doesnt cover blemishes as well as I thought, but still hides them considerably well.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Susie31

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

well. i am a PPP nc 10... and the 805 ivory went on pale white, then you can immediately watch it..change to the orangy tan undertone yet not that bad at all. just my eye is super sensitive for it, (I was looking for it)
so I set it with powder and went about my day. it stayed, it doesnt budge, even to 10 pm. I have very oily skin, and that seemed great too! I didnt get shiny. I looked healthy.
it is matte but sateen matte. (not flat) brings light to face, and looks fresh.
as far asdarkening.. I simply looked flushed or like I had some color from sun... in a healthy way..workable.. and NOT the dreaded, oh hell no that I do with 99% because I LOVE my nc 10 complexion and any lines of demarcation or orange or pink or anything too much, even just slightly, and im like no way. so its there but strangely enough, not in the way to out you off. and that has never happened to me before
basically its like PPP... but the undertone insead of being a dreaded unnatural shade... its like a superlight tan beige... rather than a very unnatural kind of orange or pink.
its there, but not intolerable. as ,like I said 99% are intolerable for me, so id say try it if thats your concern (example loreal infallible in soft ivory and almays lightest... just cant do those) I cant do anything 'classic ivory" I use lightest in any line and usually its still too dark.
cuz I am SO Picky with that its not even funny.
coverage was full, yet natural and not masky. it didnt even budge from sides of my nose and even revlon colorstay whipped does come off sides of nose (but thats still my HG for now for other reasons)
and this is a great second runner up that ill still reach for and in Summer months itll be perfect. I do not tan though on purpose, but if I get a little Sun just by regular activities....

it doesnt settle in lines, and I looked younger, I am 39. (in a few days yikes)
id almost say that for a PPP this is one makeup ever so slightly 'too dark' that actually makes you look better,like healthy color..rather than just 'wrong'
it matched my neck but my face skin does not match my neck as many PPP are familiar with. my face is much lighter. ive done a ton of peels and things. retin-a etc.
I would buy again cuz its rare for me to be happy all day with any makeup.buy it:)!

.UPDATE after a week or two I am reaching for this much MORE than my previous HG revlon colorstay whipped. I just look younger and more natural and fresh. lasting power is about the same and that = awesome and incredible! 805 ivory didnt oxidize or get too dark (it will with the wrong(too dark) powder.... I love it a whole lot! it photographed beautifully on my birthday and anniversary (see I chose it for two important days) I never do any touch ups after long days and walking/sweating outdoors...two thumbs up!

I THOUGHT it was breaking me out in the first few days and maybe it was, but as can hopefully happen sometimes your skin can get used to it and breakouts subside and NOT continue. so I cleared up! I bought the auromere turmeric neem sandalwood bar, that always does the trick every single time, when I get that kind of 3 times a year breakout....(I am acne prone) much more often than that! I just mean 2 or 3 times a year that auromere bar is my emergency fix cuz it works everytime. I just dont keep it in stock cuz its not in a local store, I gotta order online....

I have to say I am MUCH MORE SHINY with this than the revlon colorstay whipped.. but it doesnt BUDGE AT ALL. and I look almost better for the shine in a weird way.. I attribute it to being 39... I mean I look younger..... and not overly oily. I will keep going back and forth between the two to see what is the deal. because to me the revlon whipped had me looking so young, yet totally dry/matte.all day and night.. and now this I am shiny.. and finding, wow I look even younger! when thats what I thought about the other already! oh and I have to use MORE of this. its not as pigmented or full coverage but is SOOO buildable...without any mask like effect....so you can easily GET to full coverage,.no problem. its good for PPP nc 10'

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great coverage, easy blending, long lasting, and great packaging. Overall this makeup is great! Kind of reminds me of the old CG outlast with separate primer, that they discontinued; the only thing is it broke me out, so 1 lippie off for that. The reason I know is because my skin was clear and I started getting pimples in areas where I hardly breakout, which are my cheeks. I stopped using it as of this past Friday because I don't normally where makeup on the weekend and my skin started clearing up, that's how I know it is this makeup. Other than that, it is a great product if it doesn't break you out. For reference I am an NC30 in MAC and I found that the Nude Beige matches me pretty well. Most people here and on youtube who've tried this makeup and are also NC30 say that Medium Beige is a good match. However, if your skin color is like mine, which is a hint of yellow undertones but more beige, then go for Nude Beige because Medium Beige is a bit too dark. Medium Beige is for girls who have a lot of yellow undertone, more tan than light, but still fall in NC30 range.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by sunsethill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does a wonderful job at controlling oils, and I shine like crazy by mid day. I'm around NC 30-35 and I wear the color 942 (in Canada I think it's 942 vs the regular 842) medium beige. This does not oxidize noticeably on me which is surprising because I was expecting from the negative reviews that it would. Ii definitely recommend trying it out to see if it works out on you if you have a similar skin tone! Coverage is full and does not feel heavy on the skin. I'm overall very pleased and definitely will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Casunshyne09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I have very oily skin and this keeps me matte all day. This has surpassed my Revlon Colorstay. I have never found a product to keep me shine free. Would definitely recommend, especially for oily skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So disappointed! I thought this foundation was going to be something really special because the finish is so nice for a DS foundation! But, unfortunately, I could not ignore the oxidation problem with this. I used 'Classic Ivory' which seemed to be the perfect shade for me but by midday it had turned to 'Classic Jaundice'! Not to be dramatic here -it really did turn yellow on me. IF you have yellow toned skin -this may not be a problem for you! Or if you have darker or medium toned/ warm skin there may be a good shade. But ladies that are fair/neutral and more peachy toned such as myself keep this in mind. This foundation DOES wear very well. I have oily skin as well and it's rare to see a foundation last and look as fresh as this does by the end of the day. If Cover Girl could get the oxidizing problem figured out and create a few more shades for neutral-toned skin this would be a major win! Too bad. Now it's just been cast into my big makeup box in the sky!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ohtea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

HERE IT IS girls. This is my HG. For years I was searching for the right liquid foundation that wouldn't break me out, flake, build oil, great coverage and lasted long- and I found it in this product.
It didn't do any of the above and best of all, my acne prone skin stayed soft and smooth which is a huge plus for me. It kept my extremely oily skin at bay for at least 5-7 hours with no shine. Also it comes in quite a bit of colour selection and the one I'm using is "Soft Honey", which is a pretty good match for me!

Also I love that the bottle is a pump dispenser because it makes application a lot faster and easier. Sure it is a bit pricey for a drug store product but at the end of the day, it's totally worth it.
A great product overall, I hope they don't stop selling it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by jojomua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love how this foundation controls oil! It good for medium coverage and affordable. Only thing is the shade did give me a ashy finish and the color(875) is a bit muddy looking on me. The next shade up was too light so i mix in small drops of Maybelines FitMe foundation in 355 for more of a match. Other wise, good for the price, great for combination or oily skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 3:13:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE OUTLAST 2-IN-1 FROM THE COVER GIRL QUEEN COLLECTION. (LOOONG REVIEW!)
Absolutely fantastic!! I've been wearing this foundation for a little over 6 weeks and am so happy with both the coverage and the finish.

First, it was such a wonderful change to have a full range of colors specifically targeted to women of color to choose from at the store. Just as the regular line has 12 shades, the Queen Collection line also has 12 shades from which to choose your best color match.

I purchased 5 shades (I'll break down the variances below) and have worn all of them alone and mixed together.

The coverage is medium, buildable to full. It comes in a glass jar with a pump dispenser (yea!) and one pump is enough for a smooth looking complexion. 2 pumps give me a flawless finish. This foundation dries to a true matte finish and after 4 hours of wear with NO PRIMER OR POWDER, I still do not have shine to touch up! Let me repeat, 4 hours with NO PRIMER OR POWDER on top and I'm still looking like I just left the house!

This has been huge for me because I really don't like to wear a ton of product on my face. When it gets warmer and more humid, I'll probably just need to wear a dash of primer only on my nose with a light dusting of powder on top. This stuff is that good!

I've had no adverse reactions, it applies smoothly and once dry it doesn't transfer! If I apply 2 coats, I don't need to wear concealer. This really does provide great coverage for minor shadows or blemishes. I have worn concealer on top for days I've had darker spots or circles and every brand of concealer I have worn blends seamlessly with this foundation.

I bought this in Spicy Brown, Almond Glow, Golden Honey, Warm Caramel and Soft Copper. If you line these up and only go by the color in the bottle you may think you have bought the same color. But Cover Girl really did a great job at addressing the minute variances in the undertones for women of color.

Spicy Brown is a gorgeous, rich, true brown that is a touch dark for me now, but will be my color for the summer.

Almond Glow and Golden Honey look identical in the jar, but Almond Glow is just a touch darker. These two have warm notes to them.

Warm Caramel and Soft Copper look identical in the jar, but Warm Caramel is a touch darker thank Soft Copper. These two have cool note to them.

So, Almond Glow and Warm Caramel are identical in color but the undertones are distinctly different. Warm and Cool. Same story with Golden Honey and Soft Copper. Colors are identical, but undertones are warm and cool.

Spicy Brown has a warm undertone (more olive/orange than yellow/red).

I have given my daughter Soft Copper and Golden Honey to play with. Once you figure out the best color for your skin tone I recommend keeping one cool and one warm to mix and match to your complexion if needed. I find that Almond Glow is the color that matches me the best overall. I grab it more than any of the others (at least during the winter).

When I mix this with my moisturizer and wear this as a lighter coverage you absolutely cannot tell that I'm wearing any thing. Even in the full sun. You will see some slight dark marks or circles, but they are blurred and overall it just looks like I have great skin.

I truly hope that this line gets the support it deserves. You can find it on sale and use coupons to get a great deal on these. I bought my five bottles online and only paid approx. $36 for all 5 bottles after sales and coupons (and free shipping!).

BTW....I still really love my Revlon Colorstay foundation. I really only tried this one to review for a friend, and was very pleasantly surprised at the quality of this foundation. I think that the Cover Girl (Queen Collection) offers more shade choices for those women who have not been able to find a perfect match in the Colorstay line. I have to mix two colors in Revlon to get my perfect match....I don't mind, but still......Amber Glow in the Queen Collection is already a perfect match for me and I don't think I'll need to mix the Spicy Brown with any other color once my complexion gets darker over the summer.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No