Urban Decay NAKED2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have to say that the colors on this palette are AMAZING! They give you a wonderful selection of shade that are matte and shimmery which allows me to create amazing patterns on my eyes with every outfit I wear. I will say that I wish it had more of each shadow being that it is pricey, but I will buy this again because it is HG material for me! =)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing. I am a happy owner of the original Naked, and when announcements about this new one were released, I prepared to buy it. I got it for Christmas, and having used it for about five months now, I can say that I am extremely happy with it. The colors are sensational, even for extremely pale skin like my own. I am obsessed with neutral eyeshadows, and these are great for any kind of makeup look. The price may bum some people out, but honestly you're still getting an incredible deal if you figure how much you're paying for a palette of full sized eyeshadows. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have to admit that at first I had no desire to own this product. I thought it was pointless since I already owned the original Naked palette. One day when I was merrily enjoying my time at Ulta with my best friend, I ran into the Naked 2. I decided to at least look at it in person and swatch some colors. I first swatched YDK and fell in love with that shade. Then I swatched about two more and thought to myself, "I would buy this palette if I had more incentive." I had on me a $20 gift card from my boyfriend but it still wasn't worth it to me. My best friend told me when I said out loud that I was thinking about buying just the YDK shadow that he was going to give me $20 for my birthday too. That was the incentive I needed. I ended up only spending like $15 of my own dollars. I'm glad I did get it because I actually do LOVE this palette just as much as the original one, or maybe even more. I regret bashing it as much as I did. The eyeshadows are so smooth and velvety. They last a little bit longer than the ones from the Naked palette. I don't think the shadows from Naked 2 have ever creased on me, and that includes the night where I was too tired to wipe off my makeup. It's definitely got more of a taupe feel to it rather than a bronze feel as the first one has.

the price- It's actually not too bad if you'll use the hell out of three or more shadows. Each shadow on its own costs about $20. It's just logical to buy the palette
packaging- it's annoying to close every once in a while

I am a MU junkie, especially eyeshadow. I have the original UD Naked, and of course had to get this as well.

I wish I could combine the ones I like from each palette into my own palette.

That being said, I really like this palette- probably a smidge more than the original. I go to this almost every day, and if not this then it's the original Naked.

I do like Naked 2 packaging much better, but totally hate the brush, I'd rather have the old eyeliner (but they're not doing that at all anymore).

All in all, I'll buy this again, even though when I do have to repurchase some eye shadows I won't even have touched.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I am someone who is a makeup junkie but has only recently started dipping my toe into high end makeup. I had been dying over this palette on the internet for months, but couldn't convince myself to buy something like eyeshadow for $50.

Finally, I couldn't just look at swatches anymore.

After buying the Naked 2 palette from Ulta, I understand why someone would pay $50 for an eyeshadow palette. It comes with 12 full sized shadows with matte and shimmer finishes. The shadows are so, so, so smooth and blendable. Not only that, but being a neutral palette, there are an unlimited amount of combinations and looks to try. Browns have never been so exciting (except, perhaps, in the original Naked palette that I do not own). You can create very wearable day time looks as well as dramatic, sexy night time looks.

The packaging is sturdy and secure. Some might say it is a little big to travel with, but I beg to differ. It feels like it could last through shuffling around in a luggage bag (and it has).

My only trouble is that a few of the colors, Snakebite, YDK, and Busted, have fallout. I still give the palette a 5/5 because I expect that with ANY eyeshadow, and if there isn't any fallout, its just a plus.

I absolutely love this palette. Its been a few months and I'm still coming up with new looks to try. The palette excels because of its endless versatility and fool proof colors.

I would recommend this to anyone. ANYONE.

I am going to try the original Naked palette, next.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh boy, this is going to be long. Pardon.
This palette is: Shimmery, a great value, and full of light "neutrals" (the use of the word neutral is controversal) but still has a few good and necessary dark shades.
In comparison to the first Naked palette, which I don't own but my friend does and I see/play with it, this palette is lighter. It gave me many beautiful lid colors, whereas the first Naked palette gives a rather equal amount of smokey shades and day to day lid colors. Because I'm into ultra neutral and subtle make up, the "lightness" of the colors in Naked 2 makes this palette wearable for me. If you are one who loves to smoke out your shadows all the time and want a palette better for that, go with the first Naked. This palette will allow you to smoke out your shadows, no doubt, but not with the same variety the first Naked allows.
People tend to say the colors in Naked 2 are "cool toned" in comparison to the first. Kind of, but this is not to say that warm skinned people cannot pull it off - however, if you know you do not like or reach for cool toned shadows (grey, silver, cool-toned browns) this may not be your best bet.
In regards to the extras that come with the palette: The brush is okay. I wish it wasn't double ended, but whatever. The shadow end is more like a concealer brush to me and it doesn't pack on color well. You have to really dig it into the eyeshadow. The blending side is lovely, but I find it rather big. The lip gloss is amazing and goes well with the eyeshadow looks you'll get from this palette.
The eyeshadow quality is amazing as well, and I don't get fallout from the glittery shades, but I'm careful to always pat those on well (Chopper and YDK).
I've found use for each eyeshadow except Foxy and Blackout, two shades which I recognize are probably the most versatile in the palette. I just have no use for black eyeshadow, but Blackout is good quality. Foxy doesn't really show up well as a highlight on my NC25 skin, but I suppose I could use it to blend out some colors.

I'll write about some of my favorites in this palette:
Bootycall is an amazing inner corner highlight! I love it and it's the best I've found so far.
Verve is simply gorgeous and it's a really complex eggshell gray-ish color. It really opens up the eye in the inner corner.
Snakebite is a great day time crease color.
Chopper is a copper with silver glitter. Really pretty color, just wish it wasn't as glittery as it is.
Suspect, on my skin tone (NC25), is a nude shimmer that is extremely subtle. Nearly invisible.
YDK is between a shimmer and glitter. It's metallic I guess, and an *extremely* light reflective (like, dazzling), beautiful taupe with purple undertones.
Love this palette to the point where it stuns me that some people hate it.

Update (2 yrs later):
I don't use this nearly as much as I used to! My eyeshadow tastes changed and I found this palette too ...sparkly to give me the kind of variety I want. I also tend to go for much, much warmer shadows nowadays.
Still great Urban Decay quality but wish it had more than 3 mattes (though those mattes are fantastic).

I'm keeping my review short and color-centric. Here are the colors in this beautiful palette.

FOXY: This is a matte off-white/beige shade. Good for highlighting the browbone and inner corner. It's pigmented, but pale girls might not notice (I've actually used it as a powder once!)

HALF BAKED: Neutral light tawny champagne shade. Shimmery, very pigmented. I'm aware that this is in the original Naked palette.

BOOTYCALL: Light pinky beige shimmery color. Great for highlighting.

CHOPPER: Tawny shimmer color that leans warm. Be warned, this does have glitter.

TEASE: Matte neutral taupe color. Great for everyday looks.

SNAKEBITE: Shimmery cool medium brown.

SUSPECT: Greyish gold shimmer color, lighter than Snakebite.

PISTOL: Neutral gunmetal grey shimmer.

VERVE: Weird taupey-greige color with shimmer. It's about as light as Suspect, maybe a bit lighter.

YDK: Warmer shimmer/glitter copper with a hint of grey. This is a great color to use allover.

BUSTED: Dark brown shimmer. Great for lining and crease-cutting.

BLACKOUT: Pure matte black.

I love this palette. I would NOT buy this palette if:

-You don't like neutrals.
-You don't like shimmer; there's lots here.
-You're not willing to spend $50 on an eye palette (it's actually cheaper than individual UD pans though.)
-You already own the original Naked and you're not an effing makeup fanatic like I am. In that case, what are you doing here? :)

Phenomenal color selection, great payoff, and nice little brush and lipgloss included to boot. I highly recommend it to any neutral junkies out there.

this is by far my favorite palette EVER! i have the original naked palette && i love it but this one is better, i will never give up either one but i guess if i had to i would rather keep the naked 2! everyone must have this palette in there makeup stash! :)

Having recently purchased the original NAKED palette and reading a lot of reviews here about the pros and cons of owning both, I finally bit the bullet and bought NAKED 2. I think the price is great for 12 versatile eyeshadows and even if there are a couple in either that I can't find a use for, it's still worth it.

Everyone's probably tired of hearing it but the new packaging in the tin that clicks is much much better. But I prefer the brush from the original. The brush from N2 is double ended - and one of the ends is flat, with stiff bristles and small enough to do fine detailed work with. Only problem is that it doesn't pick up much product to apply so I resorted to a MAC eyeshadow brush which has slightly longer bristles and fluffier to apply it. The other end is a fluffy, longer bristled blending brush which is good for picking up product and applying it, it blends well but I have other brushes that do it better and also it doesn't offer much control at the outer corners when blending darker colours.

The colours are great - slightly cooler toned than the original and I personally think with the matte 'Blackout' shade, it's great for more dramatic evening looks.

I personally prefer metallic, shimmery or glittery shades because they stand out more on my south asian skin tones and also go with outfits to very colourful asian weddings, so I didn't mind so much that there were only three matte shades in this palette - 2 of them being Foxy and Tease which for me would only really work as base colours.

I took one point off because I was disappointed with the YDK shade specifically but also with Busted and to a lesser extent Verve. Between buying the original palette and this one, I looked at a few youtube videos and read a lot of reviews both here and other blogs, and quite a few had comments about YDK and there's a particular youtube video which has a great 'smokey Romantic' look with this shade. It had very little colour payoff on my skin and an awful lot of fall out so I didn't even benefit from the sparkly aspect of the shade that you can see in the tin. At the most it adds a little shimmer under the Blackout shade to soften the look enough for daytime but there's plenty of other shades that could do that in this tin so I can see it being left well alone.

All in all happy with this and I would say its on par with the original. I would buy both again for myself and will definitely be gifting them to friends in the future. I would say though that with the warmer tones of Half Baked, Snakebite, Chopper and Suspect you could probably recreate a lot of warm toned eye looks as well as the cooler toned ones. The original palette is definitely all warm tones except for Gunmetal and maybe Sin.

Though pricey, this palette was one of the BEST purchases I have ever made. It has great colors for everyday wear, yet it also has colors that can be used for going out. I would definitely recommend this.

Video Reviews & Tutorials