Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/25/2012 10:19:00 AM

This is a great set of colors that work very well together. Naked 2 is definitely better than the original Naked palette. I like the colors much more in this palette. That being said, I think this is too much money. I understand that Urban Decay eyeshadows are very good quality, & they cost about $17 a piece if you buy them individually....but, I still think this is too much money for eyeshadow. I've been using UD eyeshadows for a long time & they are some of my favorite, but I think $50 is a little steep for this palette. Personally, I would rather put that money towards something more useful. But, if your an eyeshadow junkie & you just have to have this, then these are some great colors to have.

on 4/25/2012 9:28:00 AM

This is a great eye shadow palette. I bought the original Naked palette when it first came out, and I returned it about a week later. I felt that the colors were too warm and dark. Although some colors in Naked 2 are similar, I feel that overall it's a more wearable palette, especially for those of us with fair skin. The shadows are in the new formula, which appears to be smoother and have less fall out. Although one shade is repeated from the original palette - Half Baked - it's a little different due to the new formulation. It appears less orange or coppery than the old one. I couldn't pull it off before, but with the very subtle shade change, I feel it works on me now.

The packaging is nice. I don't feel that I have to be super careful with it, and I feel that the shadows are secure. This is a great palette for travel due to its sturdy case and great selection of colors.

My favorite colors in the palette are Bootycall, Suspect, Snakebite, and YDK. I use Suspect as my go-to everyday lid shade when I don't know what to do. Snakebite and YDK are wonderful against green eyes and made great lid or crease colors. I've only used Bootycall as an inner corner highlight and brow bone highlight, but I want to try it as a brightening lid shade soon.

I have mixed feelings about the Tease color. It's just an odd shade, so I find that I've experimented very little with it. I use it as a crease shade to blend out Suspect, but that's pretty much all I've done with it. I'll have to try some new things with it.

Blackout is a very intense, matte black that I only use for liner since I'm soo pale. I do have some darkness under my eyes in the evenings when I use it, so I don't use it that often.

The included brush is pretty good. The flat shader side is quite useful, and I use it to apply my lids shades. The other side is more of a blending or crease brush. It's ok, and I have used it for brow bone highlights, but it's not the best at blending.

The Naked lip junkie gloss you get as a bonus is awesome. It's a perfect everyday color and gives a little pigment. It's shiny without looking too wet. I like the applicator as well, no brush or doe-foot, just the squeezy tube hole. I find it easy to control application and it lasts for a few hours. I plan on purchasing a full size when my mini size is done.

$50 sounds like a lot of money, but it's a fantastic deal for 12 full-size shadows, a double ended brush, and a mini lip gloss...in a sturdy, attractive case. I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I have both of the first naked palette and this one, and honestly I think this one is better because it has a better shade selection! It has a matte highlight color which is AMAZING! The colors are much less shimmery and over the top. Since i have green eyes I think this is really amazing because it has taupey/ purpley shades which make my eyes look UNREAL! I always have people asking me if my eyes are fake when I wear tease, chopper, and YDK together! BEST BUY!

The Naked2 palette has 12 colors with only one dupe from the first palette, Half Baked. What's even better? 5 of the shadows in the palette are brand new Urban Decay shades! I was kinda surprised to see Half Baked included in the new version because youíd think Urban Decay would know that the people buying it were probably fans of the original and already had Half Baked. But then again, it's a gorgeous color so I know if I had the original Naked palette Half Baked would already be gone. This is probably the only bummer about the Naked2. Needless to say, some of the remaining 11 eyeshadows are pretty similar to shades included in the original. But aside from a few overlaps, I think the rest of the colors are different enough to make it worth purchasing. (Plus you get a new brush and a cute little lip gloss!)

The palette has a nice balance of matte and shimmery colorsóthereís a great matte black thatís perfect for lining and a pretty highlighter shade too. There is slightly more shimmer than matte so if you like shimmery, neutral shadows then you will be obsessed with Naked2. Also, if you have warmer coloring like me, then this is a great palette for your skin tone.

A few other things I like about the Naked2 is that the packaging is different. Instead of cardboard, itís tin and the mirror is way bigger too. And the first palette didn't have a lip gloss included, either.

The Naked2 palette costs $50. It sounds like a lot up front, but I honestly think itís worth it because A) youíre getting 12 eyeshadows,
B) you get a new eyeshadow brush, and
C) you also get a cute mini travel size lip gloss.

on 4/22/2012 4:49:00 PM

LOVE this palette. If I could only keep one eye product in my makeup bag, this would be it. I have completely neglected all of my other eyeshadows since I bought this! This palette is on the cooler side, which I like. The Naked 1 has really warm shades, lots of yellows and oranges. This is more silvery/taupe. My favorite colors are Foxy (buttery matte yellow), Bootycall (shimmery light pink), Snakebite (dark shimmery brown), Suspect (silvery medium brown), Pistol (dark grey with brown), Verve (shimmery silver beige) and Busted (dark brown with purple). The ones that I don't use as much are Half Baked (orange gold), Chopper (shimmery copper) and YDK (reddish copper) just because I don't like orange-y colors on my eyes. Just doesn't look right for me. But other than those 3, I regularly use every color in this palette, and I'm so happy that I bought it.

It's a beautiful palette, with TONS of variety. I love it.

on 4/19/2012 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this palette. Great purchase. UD makes some great eyeshadows.

I like this package much more than the original naked palette. Its metal and has a full mirror when opened. Im not a fan of double ended brushes but this one is fine. I didn't find the naked palette warm enough for me. Its was neutral (I'm african american). This is cooler but i actually like it better. I can really pull off the pale gold looks with this. This palette has the newly formulated shadows. Im no expert but it feels like the same UD quality to me. I use them wet and dry with no issues and with the right primer they will last all night and still look perfect.

on 4/18/2012 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I selected yes to repurchases only cos I'd imagine if I were ever to run out I would repurchase but eyeshadows seem to never pan for me so I prob will never have to. And even so I might try out the original naked pallette. This is great neutral browns introduction for me. All the colours seem to be easy to match n mix to achieve diff looks. I would like a couple more mattes but the shimmers r lovely. No fallout for me and life's on smoothly with primer underneath they r pigmented. Love the packaging tho the actual pots don't have a flawless finish (sitting in the case) but thts being picky.. So overall happy with it :) would be nice if UD had half sized of these in other tones say blues/greens/ etc.

on 4/18/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

First off, I wouldn't buy this again simply because there would be no need to - there is a lot of product that will last a very long time for me :)

It's a really good palette and I have both the Naked and Naked 2 Palettes. This palette uses the new eyeshadow formulas and it's noticeable when you compare shadows between the palettes. Naked 2 has much creamier, smoother shadows and the Naked palette has more powdery shadows prone to a bit more fallout than version 2.

The colours are a little cooler than the first palette but will still suit warm skin tones (like mine) as they are pretty neutral. I LOVE the matte black shadow and generally all the mattes in both palettes. I wish UD did more matte shadows as they are far more natural and versatile in my opinion. But I guess UD isn't necessarily going for that :)

In a perfect world, I'd combine half the shadows in the first with half the shadows in the second palette and have my perfect neutral palette. The shadows in this palette are smooth and buttery and with a primer they last all day and it's a good range of neutrals which will suit both warm and cool skin tones. I like the packaging more on this palette as it's much sturdier (though heavier as a result) and the mirror is large and useable.

If you're going to pick one over the other, I'd suggest Naked 2 over Naked, if only for the improved eyeshadow formula. I find there's less fallout with these shadows and for the range and price, it's a really good deal, but they're both ultimately excellent palettes.

on 4/13/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Bought this palette after seeing some reviews. I love nude colours for the eyes. I do own the first Naked palette which I like. This one I actually like better. I find it has nicer colours then the first ,some colours are similar but not the same. Most of the eyeshadows are shimmery which I love. There are only 3 matte shades. I gave it a 4 because the first eyeshadow (Foxy) which is a matte pale yellow doesn't even show up on me at all it blends right into my skin. I also don't know why they had to put in half baked again. I still didn't use it up in the first palette. But all in all not a bad palette it has beautiful colours and the pigmentation is good. It also came with a 2 sided brush whichn isn't bad and a lipgloss in naked which is alright.

Popular Palettes