Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 2/20/2012 10:51:00 AM

I have been out of the makeup loop for a while, I go through phases, but on a whim I wandered through the cosmetics section of my local Walgreens. These caught my eye immediately, I'm always on the lookout for tinted lip balms or moisturizing lipsticks. I'm still on my orange lip kick, so I picked up Tutti Frutti and also Sugar Frosting, because there was a BOGO1/2 deal. I am quite pleased with both shades, but especially the Tutti Frutti. I'm an NC15 (that's the palest, right? Told you I'm out of the loop...) and I think it's quite flattering on me, just enough to really brighten up my face. Sugar Frosting is nice as well, maybe a little frosty for my taste, but I think it'll look nice with a dark eye look when I want to downplay the lips. The consistency is nice and smooth for both shades, not too sticky, and I like that it's not so pigmented that I have to look in a mirror to apply, that's just too much effort for my tastes. I'm definitely going to try some more shades if I see they're on sale again.

on 2/20/2012 9:13:00 AM

I do like this product, I just can't find a color that works for me. The first one I bought was Strawberry Shortcake, which was WAY too pale/pastel for my skin. One of my favorite bloggers uses that shade, and it looks great on her though. I will keep looking. I do like the consistancy, and love the packaging!

on 2/19/2012 5:10:00 PM

Oh, after all the hype I confess that I have yet to find a color that just wows me. The consistency of the lip butters is nice but the color is vibrant enough that you can't apply it like a balm so.....you have to treat it like a full blown lipstick and worry that it could end up making you look like a clown if not applied carefully. Now, that isn't what makes me give these an average rating - its just that they are average lipsticks. Nothing that special - but well marketed, I'll give you that!

on 2/19/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm NC25 and have pigmented lips. I'm in love with this lip butter in 015 Tutti Frutti! This is an orange color without any shimmer.
I always loved orange lip colors since they go well with my yellow undertoned Asian skin. However a lot of them become more red instead of orange when put on my lips. This lip butter blends well with my own lip color and shows as a lovely orange brown, and it's very moisturizing, yet it doesn't come off easily and gives a juicy but not oily finish.
I'm totally sold. This is now officially my HG. (one other lipstick I love is Korres mango butter in 47 orange brown, however it's discontinued and I can only get it on ebay. It has more brown in it and the finish is more natural and not as vibrant.) The packaging isn't that great but who cares. I hope they never discontinue this.

LOVE THIS PRODUCT! Don't care for the packaging, it feels cheap but the product inside sure isn't. Perfect....for sure need more shades!

on 2/14/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have the WHOLE ENTIRE collection, ALL 20 colours!
I sound like a total junkie, but in my defence the seller offered me such a great deal on shipping and didn't charge over inflated prices on these.
Australia doesn't have these yet, so I got no option but to search eBay for these. I purchased mine from a fantastic seller of eBay. I paid between $5.95USD-$6.95USD, I didn't get ripped off, because on Youtube and MUA.com people are paying relatively the same prices as well.
The colour selection is incredible, and I seem to like every single one so far in terms of colour, even though there were some I thought I wasn't going to like. The colours are sheer? I don't think so, I honestly think these are quiet pigmented for what they are. I had colours, that I thought would never show up on my pigmented lips, looking beautiful and vibrant on my lips, definitely in my opinion not sheer or not as sheer as they are portrayed.
Quality, they are not all that moisturizing in my opinion. Korres lip butters are moisturizing, these Revlon Lip Butters are so so.
I think these are new, affordable, fun colour selecttion with great pigmentation and long lasting that's why they are all the rave at the moment, besides that in terms of lip balm/moisturize, these really don't do much. I do kind of like them, especially the colours, and thank goodness they dont dry your lips, and aren't heavily scented. Always handy in your bag!

on 2/14/2012 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's been said 100 times but this stuff is amazing, I will be purchasing more colors

on 2/14/2012 11:49:00 AM

Pro's: Many color choices, good packaging, color payoff, moisturizing
Con's: More expensive than I would've liked

on 2/13/2012 9:13:00 PM

I just a CVS coupon to use on these and so I got on here to check out colors first. I have Sugar Plum, and I like it pretty well. After looking at reviews I decided to test it out to see if it lasts through eating, so I put it on, had chili, and went to see how it looked. I have pale lips and they were stained a plummy color definitely darker than my lips, but basically it was gone. I honestly don't think any lipstick lasts through eating though, so I was surprised to see the light stain remaining. I am going to get one of the reds for my daughter. She has the CG naturluxe red and if you lick your lips one time it is almost gone, so this will be an improvement. I think a sheer red looks better on her than a regular lipstick and doesn't involve liner , blotting, etc. I have the loreal balm in the darkest color, a plum, and I like it ok but it seems greasy compared to this and does not last very well at all. I use it at night just to not waste it. I like this better than Fresh Sugar Rose, which surprised me. Fresh is too expensive for what it is, and doesn't do much for chapped lips. The Dr. told us to get plain Eucerin cream to go around my daughters lips when they were chapped and she was little and licked around them constantly and had a big red chapped ring around her lips and every lip balm I tried did not help at all and I have used it ever since. It got red of the red ring with about 2 applications. Anyway, I think these balms work well as a basic moisturizer, but are not going to do much if you are skiing or something and really need protection. I may try the clear lip liner trick one of the reviewers had used if I can find one.

on 2/13/2012 7:18:00 PM

i love these. i have a few of them and they are more pigmented than i thought they would be. cute packaging. i dont remember the lasting power (i dont go out much so i dont do my makeup often) these are great

Popular Lipsticks