November 1, 2014 | 787 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by um359738

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I heard about these products on YouTube. But I didnt get them cuz of the rave because at the time only one of the YouTube bueaty people I followed had them because they had JUST came out. She really liked them so I went and got them in the first week they where out!(:
I fell. in. love. with these lip butters. I have 4 and they are amazing! They are so creamy and great to pair with other lip sticks or lip glosses the color doesnt last all day but they do last a few hours. It really depends on what color they are. My darker colors last longer that my light colors. So I would totally get this product I am 14 and it is a perfect lipstick because not all 14 year olds are in to lip stick yet, i am, but those who are into lip glosses and tinted chap sticks this is the PERFECT lip stick for you!! Plus they are pretty cheap :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon is easily becoming my favorite DS brand for the lips.These are only about $7 and balm-like in moisture. The packaging is sturdy and not juvenile. I also love the clear top and the fact that there is a sticker used to seal them. Best part? NO SHIMMER!These are what i wanted Covergirl Lipslicks to be.

Raspberry Pie-Deeply pigmented fuschia that can be used as a lipstick.

Fig Jam-Looks chocolate in the tube, but it's sheer and pretty on.

I can't wait to get my hands on Pink Truffle and Tutti Frutti.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:13:00 AM More reviews by milcha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I must admit I bought two of these just because of the rave on YouTube :p
And they came in cute and girly packaging!
They're pretty cheap (retails for Rp75,000 here in Indonesia, which is about US$7-8). And...it's basically tinted lip balm. I have wanted to try this so bad and have been waiting for couple months for the product to arrive in Indonesia's Revlon counters, but I kinda forgot that I have very dark-pigmented lips (I have fair skin though). So...I think from now on I'll just stick to opaque-pigmented lipstick like my fave NYX Round Lipstick (my HG).
I got these in the color Cupcake and Strawberry Shortcake. When I swatched them they look different (one's purpl-ish and the other one's pink-ish) but when I apply them in my dark-pigmented lips, they look exactly the same. Can't believe I just bought 2 tinted lip balm with the same colors LOL. Should bought one in Creamsickle, perhaps. They do moisturize, though.
Conclusion: it does okay for tinted lip balm. They moisturize and have sheer amount of tint. Maybe it'll look way better in light-fair lips. I'm not gonna purchase this again since I have very dark-pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by moonswooning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter, for me, is the ultimate lip makeup because it's like a combination of balm, gloss, and lipstick -- except it comes in a variety of shades, isn't sticky or thick, and doesn't crack or weigh your lips down like some lipsticks do.

Indeed, I'm especially pleased with the color selection, for which I purchased "Gumdrop" (060) and "Creamsicle" (065). I like that the colors aren't overly sparkly or frosty, and that, depending on how many applications of color you layer upon your lips, can appear as sheer or as opaque as you like. One drawback I found is that the color tends to concentrate within the lip's natural creases, however this may or may not be an issue for some.

The best part of this product is that you get amazing color *and* excellent moisture as well. The product is slippery but not sticky, and does not require prior moisturizing or exfoliation before application (although the latter is recommended in any case).

Lastly, as a bonus, the packaging is rather adorable, for which it comes in a color coordinating lipstick tube style container in a quilted pattern.

I definitely recommend this product, for which I will likely purchase more colors for myself in future.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by Elleseabee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I kind of love the lip butters. I have cotton candy, tutti frutti, red velvet and pink truffle. They are all cream shades, no shimmer. My least favorite is the tutti frutti, because its quite orange, but in the summer with a little tan I may like it better. Red velvet is pretty and dramatic, but you can also put it on with your finger and really blend it in for more of a stain, which I learned from Lisa Eldridge on youtube. I love the formula because its moisturizing and shiny, and the colors are very pigmented. My favorite is pink truffle, a nice pinky brown mlbb color, although I wish revlon would come out with one that is that shade but a bit lighter. I am very fair and even pink truffle can look a little dramatic. I used to never buy lipsticks, growing up in the lipgloss generation, but some of these new formulas are completely converting me into a lipstick girl. Definitely recommend trying a few shades!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I saw these on sale at my local Walmart for $4.97 a piece and got so excited! I bought Brown Sugar, Fig Jam, Candy Apple, and Red Velvet.
I reviewed each of these under the respective colors, but I'll include a brief description here:
Brown Sugar - shimmery nude for darker skintones
Fig Jam - Dark brown with peach undertones
Candy Apple - bright, warm red
Red Velvet - dark red-brown
Fig Jam is lightly pigmented, Candy Apple and Brown Sugar have more pigment, and Red Velvet is very pigmented - a touch under regular lipstick.
I like them all. Fig Jam is my favorite because I can throw that in my purse and add a little polish, even on completely no-makeup days. Candy Apple and Red Velvet are both wearable reds for me. Brown Sugar is my least favorite because of the glitter. It looks good fresh, but the color fades and glitter remains. Ick.
All the colors boast a creamy formula which is neither especially moisturizing or drying on me. I always layer over lipbalms though.
I fell for the hype and I am not disappointed. I can see each of these colors in my regular rotation of lippies. The only drawback is the price. Though I got mine for 5 dollars apiece, the regular price is 7 to 8 dollars everywhere and I think that is high for the amount of product you get. Except for Brown Sugar, I'll happily repurchase any of these and even try a few new colors. I'll have to see a sale and have a coupon though.
Edit: Correction: I bought the Lip Butters for $6.49 each, I can't read my receipt correctly :S...I also lied to y'all regarding repurchase....When these went on sale at Target and Walgreens I snapped up Tutti Frutti, Pink Truffle, Sugar Plum, and Raspberry Pie. I'll review in detail under each color, but the short version is: I'll repurchase all of these again except Tutti Fruitti.
These lip butters are everything I like in a lippie. For that reason, I bumped my rating from a 4 to a 5!

Edit with random thoughts 10/7/12: After having these for a while, I can still say that these are my go-tos for lips. I've almost run out of Fig Jam and have repurchased. I swapped away Candy Apple because it had too much orange in it and it didn't look right to me. I've also decided not to replace Pink Truffle because Sugar Plum is a better mlbb on me. Though I won't repurchase Brown Sugar, it's good for lightening up vampy lipsticks.

Like many of you, I mix lipsticks. Here's my fave lip butter mixes. Hope this helps:

Brown Sugar + Sugar Plum = gorgeous plummy nude for darker skintones.

Red Velvet + Cherry Tart = my perfect year-round red.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

My best friend and I got the same color Raspberry Pie for each other on accident! But it's a beautiful and bold color, as are all of the lip butters in this line. I was very excited to try it for its creamy, bright color but also to see if it's really much of a lip balm, or moisturizing lip color as it was advertised to be. I loved the color and application—it's very creamy and smooth on application, and the color applies evenly. The lasting power of the colors does fade after a few hours—in my case no more than 4 hours.

The one problem I had with this product is that the color is a great seller, but it really isn't all that moisturizing like advertised. At the end of those 4 hours my lips were flaking with dried, fuschia-tinted skin. Granted, I was wearing this during the winter when my lips are at its worst dryness, so the results might be different during the warmer seasons.

As this was a gift from my best friend I'm determined to make it work for me, so I'm going to try applying a real lip balm as a moisturizing base first, and then applying the lip butter on top of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For decades, Revlon has had amazing lip colors. I wasn't going to bite, though, until I heard that one of the colors in this range was called Pink Truffle. With a name like that, who could resist? You know it's going to be a creamy brown-based pink; who doesn't love that?! The color is smooth and comforting going on, has no taste or fragrance, and is very emollient. Pink Truffle, of course, is a MLBB color. It looks beautiful and tasteful for all occasions except the very formal. It even looks good with red outfits. The packaging is surprisingly sturdy for a drugstore lipstick, which I appreciate. The cap is a little difficult to get off with one hand, but I consider that a feature, rather than worrying that the cap will crack or fall off at some point.

I keep Pink Truffle in the car for those occasions when I leave the house without anything on my lips. Since it goes with everything, I'm always covered. (When the weather gets hot here, of course, it will move back inside. I hate to let a great color like this melt.)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by jessamay

I bought Peach Parfait and though I love the color, I cannot wear it. It has way to much sparkle in it for me. I like high gloss and even a little sparkle, but this looks kinda silly on me. It is my fault - in the poor lighting of the drug store I did not see the gold flakes through the top if the cap nor the sparkly sticker on the bottom. It is too bad as I really do like the color - a flattering peach/pink for my pale skin and is shows up well...sigh.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 1:26:00 AM More reviews by minimite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the colour and the feel of these lip butters when they are on however, they dry out my lips and make them feel really itchy. My lips are really sensitive with products in the first place and since these lip butters are supposed to be moisturizing I thought it would be ok but apparently I'm allergic to them.