April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Anitag

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would give this 0. Bought this with high hopes for a fuller volume look on my longish med lashes, what did I get? A bad reaction is what!!
I read the ingrediants list after washing this stuff off fast and realised it contains a whole load of fruit oils including Lemon. I took it back to where I bought it and got a full refund. Usually I'm fine with maybelline mascaras, but this was a big NO for me. Whilst on my lashes they just looked clumpy and horrible - I'll stick with Full n'soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by SkyAlternative

After having bad experiences with other maybelline products, I was surprised at this mascara. I love how clean it goes on and it gives volume to my lashes Only reason I can't give a 5 is because it doesn't hold the curl very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by swthart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this after running out of Clinique's high impact mascara. I absolutely love it! It doesn't clump at all. Makes my lashes look longer and thicker. I would definitely purchase this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Winter_Snowfall

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a skeptic with volumizing mascaras. I've tried a few that were quite disappointing. The first time I tried this, I didn't like it and I thought it did nothing for my lashes. But I gave it another try and now it's one of my favorites. I use the waterproof version. It doesn't smudge, holds a curl, gives some volume. lengthens and defines. I use this a lot for work and on weekends when I want some oomph but also a natural look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Almost a holy grail item except that I've found mine smudges. Otherwise, OMFG!!!!! No clumps, beautiful voluminous eyelashes, LOVE, LOVE LOVE! Except for the smudging. I got waterproof, lets see if it's better. Look for my review there in a few days.

EDIT: Waterproof is now my holy grail.

EDIT: As for June 2013, this is no longer my holy grail, so sad to say. And I'm not sure what happened. I loved this more than anything, then tried a whole bunch for a while, was missing it, went back to it and now it's just... natural. Still basically clump free, very smooth, a little more on the voluminous side, but there was just no wow to it like I had before. Maybe I've matured a little into the makeup department or I'm looking for more now? PS-then I was 18, now I'm almost turning 21.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

No clumping, decent volume, holds some curl on my stick-straight lashes and no smudging (EVERYTHING smudges on me). I use LashBlast Volume when I want really dramatic lashes, but this looks great for more subdued makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by smoothtalkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS MASCARA!

Pros:
- Doesn't clump
- One coat is sufficient
- Thickens and lengthens

Cons:
- Wand is a little short

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Hailz38

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Personally, I have the smallest eyelashes in the world! I bought this thinking it would be like all the other mascaras but it works amazingly! With me being a teenage girl this is obviously a big deal to me but it curls them and brings them out so much better I can actually see them for once!! x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i have tried all maybelline mascaras and honestly, the one that works best for me is the collossal. i bought the one by one because i wanted to try it out. i thought that the brush would be a dissapointment (like the covergirl lashblast was for me; no rubbery brushes ever seem to actually separate my lases and ive tried other max factor, rimmel and revlon ones) but i was wrong. It actually does separate! what i did find though was not enough product would come onto the brush, so i would have to coat and dip over and over again to try and get reaaly phat, black lashes.
in the end, i ended up using this as a sort of 'base' coat, to separate. then i go over with the collossal to make them phat, long and black.
overall, i didnt find this very volumising either...but like i said, i only use it for separating before i actually apply the mascara i like

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by hotlips94

love this mascara. it seperates and lengthens!!!! however, it does leave exxccess mascara on the wand instead of the brush. on y second tube cannot wait for my third!!