September 18, 2014 | 1032 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MsHoughtaling

I have found my GH with this product! I have NEVER loved a foundation as much as this. I have very acne prone skin and since I started using this my acne is starting to improve. I would say if you have oily skin, like me using a primer (I use deslick spray from UD) is a must to help this stuff last all day. Also, I find that I have to use quite a bit of this product to get the coverage I want, but it doesn't look cakey at all! I love the natural finish and the shade (B20). It's amazing! Good job, Chanel :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by KristinaKr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I don't know how this is going to work on my skin in the winter, but for spring and summer I really can't think of anything better for my skin.
Unfortunately the colour range (available in Europe) is very small. But I've found a solution by mixing two of their shades together. So it works for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is not perfect, but it does perform. I imagine this product to be very suitable for those of you who have dry to combination skin as I personally have oily skin and find that this foundation does not control that aspect. I love the finish...until a few hours transpire and I am left with a shiny face. The initial finish is beautiful, immaculately lit from within, dewy but not greasy and just overall healthy. What amazes me about this foundation is that while it doesn't control the oils of my skin, it still manages to last all day for me! The staying power is awesome and I reckon this foundation would perform very well in the winter. Like any other make up product, it does catch on to dry flakes on your skin so please moisturize prior to using this! The scent is beautiful, it smells apparently like lotus water though to be honest, I don't know how that smells. I find the best way to apply this product is to use the Sephora airbrush 55 as the finish is seamless and perfect with that brush. However, fingers work fine with this foundation if you are pressed for time. I am about an nc20 or nc25 and I use the shade b30. It matches fairly perfectly. The price is perhaps the only downfall of this product yet one would likely not doubt the high price as it is chanel. It is however cheaper than the other chanel foundations due in part to the fact that it is housed in a plastic squeeze bottle rather than a glass bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by GlamourGirlAE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation Chanel ever had! I am really loving this! This foundation is like putting on a layer of perfect skin. I have oily skin, and was afraid this would not hold up well, but it is wonderful. I get a light to medium coverage out of this, this gives a natural matte (not flat) finish, blends super easy, and lasts all day. I do set this with powder and it gives me a very polished look. Right now for summer I am mixing shades B20 and B30... but I will probably be a B10 in the winter because I am usually really fair. This line has both shades for yellow and pink undertones which is nice, so everyone has an option. Chanel really perfected this one, I hope they keep it around, it's wonderful. And it smells lovely too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kristen90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination to oily skin with mild acne, and fair skin with slight redness. I typically gravitate towards foundations that are med-full coverage, with a matte finish. However, I heard many good things about this product. I purchased this, a little hesitant about the "Aqua" in the label. I expected quite a dewy foundation, however I was pleasantly surprised at the lovely satin matte finish this provided on my skin. I was also pleased with the amount of coverage this provided, it covered any redness and blemishes very nicely. You need to shake the bottle very well, as Lisa Eldridge calls it, a "work out for your arm". Once shaken, the consistency is a light cream, it's not very liquidy. It is easily blended into the skin. The finish also lasted on my skin with powder on top, which not many foundations can achieve.

This easily could have been HG material, except that the lightest shade, B10, is too dark on my skin. There is another light shade, BR10 for pink undertones, but I have yellow undertones so it doesn't match either. I am NC15 in MAC, except in Studio Fix Fluid, which is too dark. My perfect match ever is Makeup Forever's HD foundation in 117. If you have similar skin to mine I would definitely sample it first! If you can find your shade, and have normal, combination, or oily skin I would try this! (For dry skin, I would suggest the original Vitalumiere if you want a dewy finish.)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Here is a completely honest review.
This is completely hyped up. Sorry to be the one who is fairly indifferent to this!
It's a wonderful product: has a satin finish that looks natural on, has a fresh scent, covers miner imperfections (slight discolouration, small acne scars etc) and stays put for the day on my normal/combination skin.
But then again its nothing that bourjois healthy mix/a light bb cream lightly set with MAC's skinfinish can't acheive. It stays a little longer, feels a little lighter but for the amount of product and the price, what's the point? If you have fairly good skin anyways you don't NEED to spend on par of $77 AUD to cover it up!
I'm really quite pale and yellow toned, most foundations are never light enough or too yellow/pink on me. I got BR10 in beige rose pastel, slightly too dark but nothing i can't get away with when I blend it out.
That said, I had the money to splurge and don't really regret buying it as it looks quite nice and natural.
If you have the money lying around, have normal-combo or slightly oily skin with not much to hide and like the semi-matter finish then go for it!
EDIT: This has alcohol, talc and parabens in it. Something from Chanel, I would have expected better ingredients. Pretty dissapointing and bad for the skin. I will be using this sparingly and won't repurchase. I'll stick with their lipsticks instead!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by CamBG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A light foundation, perfect to event out your skin if you don't have a lot to cover. It feels fresh on the skin and has a subtle scent. Its a nice thing that the packaging is made of plastic (and not from glass) because its easier to travel with. I was surprise by the price, tought it would be pricier coming from Chanel.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2011 6:04:00 PM More reviews by seiran

I found this foundation very easy to apply with fingers and it didn't dry too quickly at all. It's a nice consistency because it's not too thick or too runny, just creamy. It spread very easily and B20 was a great match for my yellow-toned skin. As everyone have said, this gives a light to medium coverage and it feels really nice on the skin. It stays on decently well (the color doesn't change) but I feel that without a primer, the oils from my face makes it oily throughout the day and I have to use quite a few face sheets to soak it up.

One thing I've been noticing is that almost EVERY facial skin care product has caused someone acne! Now, I think that we should all do some investigating before claiming that. Anytime I read a review saying that it causes acne, I will hesitate to buy that product no matter how good the rating. People should consider other factors like time of month, stress, food, likelihood of breakouts, birth controls pill changes, exercise levels, etc.

So far this product has not caused me to break out. I have a few bumps here and there due to the fact that my period is near. Update: although it does not cause me to break out, it does not help with acne either. I find that if I wear this on an irritated pimple, it gets worse. Which is understandable but it's not like the anti-acne foundations from Neutrogena and such that actually is supposed to help heal acne faster.

To sum it up, I like the consistency, color match, blendability, and staying power. I just wish it was a little bit more matte since my T-zone gets oily fast and that it would help heal acne.

UPDATE: I don't know why I never noticed this before but this foundation turns me into a grease ball after 4 hours and it also changes color due to my face getting greasy! Switched to revlon colorstay for normal to oily skin...much better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 4:54:00 PM More reviews by blog_antagonist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There are a lot of things I really liked about this foundation, so I'll start there.

First, it felt so incredibly light and fresh, but gave what I feel is a good amount of coverage for my needs. I don't want heavy mask like foundation that covers every single little detail. That looks unnatural even on the very young. On us maturing ladies, it looks really unfortunate. I would call this medium coverage. I loved that it evened things out nicely, camouflaged my more obvious flaws (uneven pigmentation, some redness, hyperpigmentation) but was still very natural looking. I did need concealer to cover dark circles and a few blemishes, but that's the way I prefer to wear my makeup anyway. Relying on foundation to address everything just results in a heavy unnatural look that I don't care for.

The finish is very pretty; it really does mimic the natural texture of your own skin. It's neither matte nor dewey, but rather a nice in between finish that doesn't scream FOUNDATION. Because the color of the sample I received was a bit off, it was more obvious than I like, but I think with the right color match, this would have blended beautifully into my skin and been quite undetectable. And, as I mentioned, it feels so incredibly light. That's really what I liked best about this foundation. I could scarcely feel it on my skin at all. What a nice change for me! Seems like the moment the oils in my skin combine with my makeup it becomes slimy and heavy and horrid.

Considering that I have very oily skin, it really stayed shine free longer than I expected. Sadly, not as long as I need. That's the only reason I've decided that this isn't the foundatioin for me. It really saddens me, to tell the truth, because it's such a lovely foundation in every other respect. If you are only moderately oily, I think it would work wonderfully for you. You might have to blot or powder midday, but I think that's true of any foundation. If, however, you have extremely oily skin like me, you might want to try the matte formulation, which is my next experiment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 4:11:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Nice light to medium coverage, semi-matte finish, but too drying and not a great color match. This was my first Chanel foundation and I was disappointed. I worked with a Chanel MUA and got the B50 for my C4/NC30 Asian skin and it turned out to be just slightly too pink. Also, be aware alcohol is listed as the 3rd ingredient, not good for my combination skin (dry cheeks, oily T-zone). After 6 hours my skin looked and felt drier and fine lines were apparent. Application is fussy, because it dries VERY quickly so you gotta work fast! I use a dollop just slightly smaller than a dime for my whole face with a Mac 190 brush. Lovely coverage, but not a good fit for my skin type or color. I was starry-eyed by the Chanel name and all the raving on Pixiwoo over Chanel foundations, but will not repurchase this formula.