September 30, 2014 | 1325 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 7:22:00 AM More reviews by lovelydiva

I finally got this high raved foundation with 77 AUD..pretty expensive huh? but well worth it rather than finding many foundations and spend the same amount of money overall. But this is only my opinion, everyone has different type of skin and different colour. I like how light it feels on my skin at the same time it gives nice coverage. It's more like a matte finish to me since my skin is more drier during this winter month. Pretty much long lasting but very limited color range. Beige Desert doent really match my skin. I think it's more beige than yellow but it matches my skin a bit later. Overall, it's hard to find both good coverage and light feel foundation. The best is use your finger. I dont have any problem with the scent. I think it's lovely. Def not a long lasting foundation IMO.
EDIT: I use beauty blender now. It works better than using my fingers applying this foundation. I put Australis ready set go powder on top. The finish is like woah..stays on my whole working day. ps. if you dont know what to use to apply foundation, use beauty blender..it's the best..you cant go wrong!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is the perfect daytime foundation! It's lightweight, and feels as if nothing is on your skin. Coverage is light to medium, so I do have to use a concealer with it in some areas and I set it with MAC mineralise skin finish natural. It looks amazing on, and really natural!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by BBheartsmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After hearing all the amazing reviews on this foundation I decided to go to the Chanel counter in my mall and get a sample of it. It is very expensive for me, so I wanted to make sure that it was amazing.

At first I decided that I liked it. It was lightweight, but managed to cover fairly well. It also smelled good and the shade B10 matched me perfectly. After about a week, I began to notice that my chin was starting to break out badly. Since this was the only product I have changed in my routine, I have decided that it is this foundation causing the pimples.

I am so glad that I got the sample prior to purchasing the product. I really wanted to like this product, but I'm kind of glad I do not, just because of the hefty price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by cherylnk

I absolutely love this foundation. After reading about all of the hype this foundation was receiving I decided to stop by a Chanel counter in nordstrom to try it out and I was really impressed! I found a Perfect match in b50 (I am an nc35 in Mac). It doesn't provide amazing coverage but it leaves your skin looking dewy, natural, and beautiful. I just use my concealer underneath in problem areas and your skin will look flawless! I apply the product with my fingers and find this works just fine. I would be careful blending and not Putting too much product on because after the lady at the counter put it on me I found it to start caking where she had Put too much on. I have dry skin generally although I do tend to get oily in the t zone during summer so I just add a little bit of powder on top only in the center of my face. Overall I would highly recommend trying this product out and if you have any doubts you can always ask for a sample so you can test it out on your own. I will definitely be buying this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by MsHoughtaling

I have found my GH with this product! I have NEVER loved a foundation as much as this. I have very acne prone skin and since I started using this my acne is starting to improve. I would say if you have oily skin, like me using a primer (I use deslick spray from UD) is a must to help this stuff last all day. Also, I find that I have to use quite a bit of this product to get the coverage I want, but it doesn't look cakey at all! I love the natural finish and the shade (B20). It's amazing! Good job, Chanel :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by KristinaKr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I don't know how this is going to work on my skin in the winter, but for spring and summer I really can't think of anything better for my skin.
Unfortunately the colour range (available in Europe) is very small. But I've found a solution by mixing two of their shades together. So it works for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by MrsEdwardCullen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is not perfect, but it does perform. I imagine this product to be very suitable for those of you who have dry to combination skin as I personally have oily skin and find that this foundation does not control that aspect. I love the finish...until a few hours transpire and I am left with a shiny face. The initial finish is beautiful, immaculately lit from within, dewy but not greasy and just overall healthy. What amazes me about this foundation is that while it doesn't control the oils of my skin, it still manages to last all day for me! The staying power is awesome and I reckon this foundation would perform very well in the winter. Like any other make up product, it does catch on to dry flakes on your skin so please moisturize prior to using this! The scent is beautiful, it smells apparently like lotus water though to be honest, I don't know how that smells. I find the best way to apply this product is to use the Sephora airbrush 55 as the finish is seamless and perfect with that brush. However, fingers work fine with this foundation if you are pressed for time. I am about an nc20 or nc25 and I use the shade b30. It matches fairly perfectly. The price is perhaps the only downfall of this product yet one would likely not doubt the high price as it is chanel. It is however cheaper than the other chanel foundations due in part to the fact that it is housed in a plastic squeeze bottle rather than a glass bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2011 4:48:00 PM More reviews by GlamourGirlAE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best foundation Chanel ever had! I am really loving this! This foundation is like putting on a layer of perfect skin. I have oily skin, and was afraid this would not hold up well, but it is wonderful. I get a light to medium coverage out of this, this gives a natural matte (not flat) finish, blends super easy, and lasts all day. I do set this with powder and it gives me a very polished look. Right now for summer I am mixing shades B20 and B30... but I will probably be a B10 in the winter because I am usually really fair. This line has both shades for yellow and pink undertones which is nice, so everyone has an option. Chanel really perfected this one, I hope they keep it around, it's wonderful. And it smells lovely too!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kristen90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination to oily skin with mild acne, and fair skin with slight redness. I typically gravitate towards foundations that are med-full coverage, with a matte finish. However, I heard many good things about this product. I purchased this, a little hesitant about the "Aqua" in the label. I expected quite a dewy foundation, however I was pleasantly surprised at the lovely satin matte finish this provided on my skin. I was also pleased with the amount of coverage this provided, it covered any redness and blemishes very nicely. You need to shake the bottle very well, as Lisa Eldridge calls it, a "work out for your arm". Once shaken, the consistency is a light cream, it's not very liquidy. It is easily blended into the skin. The finish also lasted on my skin with powder on top, which not many foundations can achieve.

This easily could have been HG material, except that the lightest shade, B10, is too dark on my skin. There is another light shade, BR10 for pink undertones, but I have yellow undertones so it doesn't match either. I am NC15 in MAC, except in Studio Fix Fluid, which is too dark. My perfect match ever is Makeup Forever's HD foundation in 117. If you have similar skin to mine I would definitely sample it first! If you can find your shade, and have normal, combination, or oily skin I would try this! (For dry skin, I would suggest the original Vitalumiere if you want a dewy finish.)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Spider90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Here is a completely honest review.
This is completely hyped up. Sorry to be the one who is fairly indifferent to this!
It's a wonderful product: has a satin finish that looks natural on, has a fresh scent, covers miner imperfections (slight discolouration, small acne scars etc) and stays put for the day on my normal/combination skin.
But then again its nothing that bourjois healthy mix/a light bb cream lightly set with MAC's skinfinish can't acheive. It stays a little longer, feels a little lighter but for the amount of product and the price, what's the point? If you have fairly good skin anyways you don't NEED to spend on par of $77 AUD to cover it up!
I'm really quite pale and yellow toned, most foundations are never light enough or too yellow/pink on me. I got BR10 in beige rose pastel, slightly too dark but nothing i can't get away with when I blend it out.
That said, I had the money to splurge and don't really regret buying it as it looks quite nice and natural.
If you have the money lying around, have normal-combo or slightly oily skin with not much to hide and like the semi-matter finish then go for it!
EDIT: This has alcohol, talc and parabens in it. Something from Chanel, I would have expected better ingredients. Pretty dissapointing and bad for the skin. I will be using this sparingly and won't repurchase. I'll stick with their lipsticks instead!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No