July 31, 2014 | 1984 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Emma0007

I bought this product only 5 days ago and i hav to say i am impressed! I love it!! u can barely feel the foundation on ur skin while it still gives a lovely natural matte finish :) i prefer it to vitalumiere as it doesn't make the skin look as shiny...just love it!! and like all the chanel foundations they haven't broken me out which is a bonus :))!! recommend to those who like a light foundation which is still buildable :D and love packaging because i'm not afraid of it breaking in my handbag :P like the other chanel glass bottle foundations...and it's so cute and handy size :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bellonalee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to say, I am completely in love with this foundation. I'd read many reviews online, however I was slightly hesitant to buy it having had bad experiences with Chanel foundations in the past with breakouts and poor shade options. Thankfully, I've had no issues with this one whatsoever! The price isn't too bad for Chanel ($77AUD compared with roughly $100 for the others) and FINALLY they have more colour options in Australia for this one. I have the B10 and it blends beautifully on my pale skin. Coverage is quite sheer and it in no way covers my freckles, but I'm a fan of light coverage for day to day wear- and the SPF is an added bonus. Mostly it evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look a bit healthier. Good moisturiser before using this is a must though- it won't go on as smoothly without it and tends to accentuate any dry spots. I find that (as suggested by Chanel) it goes on best with my fingers- a foundation brush just seems to make it sit on top of my skin like a mask for some reason. The smell is quite noticeable at the start, but it fades very quickly and I was quite indifferent to the scent- neither the lovely aroma of their skincare line, nor horribly offensive. I use Clinique’s pore minimizer instant perfector on my t-zone on top of this, and a setting powder for the rest of my face. With this, Vitalumiere Aqua lasts roughly 8-9 hours for me; however like most foundations I suspect this will be shorter during our disgustingly humid summers.

For me, this is an excellent foundation for just going to uni, or casual events, perfect for making people believe you have naturally beautiful skin. I would, however, opt for something with a bit more coverage at night. All in all though, I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy moly! totally unexpected find! I got sample package in B30 Beige Rose. It looked pink- Im yellow-toned foundation wearer, but on my skin, it doesnt look pink, but more neutral, and I was thinking since it's "aqua" foundation, it was sheer, it IS sheer, but it still managed to have medium coverage on my post-acne scar face. Also I'm extremely oily skinned, but this foundation doesn't feel "moisturizing" as I thought. I will definately purchase full size bottle of this foundation for summertime :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I love this! I just got it, the one problem I had with it was I shook it really hard, them opened it (for the first time) and it kinda erupted... but I used all that on my face (NOT freshly washed or moisturized, but 4 hour old shiseido sunscreen on!) and it still looked beautiful! I was shocked! The texture is fabulous. I'll update after a week or so to see if I break out at all.. The coverage is good IMO

EDIT: Dang it! This made my skin so dry and I broke out in little white heads after a continued use from wearing this :( I had only one little one before (that was shrinking) I should have just stayed makeup free like I had been doing for the weeks before. So sad, I totally loved this finish of this. Why O why can I never wear Chanel foundation? O well it's going back to Nordies. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by exotikittenx

I am just really bummed out. I wanted to love this foundation and would have purchased it a thousand times over. However, alcohol is high on the ingredients list (they shouldn't even have it in there from the beginning), and it's not the moisturizing type of alcohol. Unfortunately, my skin does not do well with alcohol, and just as well, considering it is damaging to skin. I am really surprised that Chanel would include such a cheap and poor ingredient to one of its products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by rebwin1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have worn Dior foundations the last few years and have really liked them as I have fairly good skin with just a few darker spots and prefer light coverage. I received a pea sized sample of this from Nordstrom with an order and decided to bring it camping. I didn't know if it was the bathroom lighting or what, but I loved this foundation. I came home and bought it in the same color as my sample (sable-30) I am a Dior 020 if that helps and this is a better match for my skin when I wear a light self tanner (Clarins). It is light coverage, silky soft, and really smooths without looking like I have any foundation on. If you have problem spots, you might not like the light coverage as I am not sure if you can build it or not, but it is the best foundation ever. As I said before, I loved the Dior, and it was a great Glowy foundation, but did seem to look like I had a little more makeup on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by watermelonslice

I love this foundation. It is my go to foundation for everyday wear because it offers the perfect amount of coverage for me. I have pretty good skin but it's quite dry. They actually recommend this for a slightly oily skin type (which I am very far from), so it may not work that well for others with dry skin. I find the Vitalumiere Aqua does just enough to even out my skin tone without making it look like I have make up on (which is how they market it).

The finish is absolutely flawless ten minutes after application. On some days I have small dry patches on my cheeks and I find a lot of foundation emphasises them, but this foundation glides right over it and throughout the course of the day actually dissipates them for some reason. I use the Natio primer and loose translucent powder with it. Though they recommend you apply this with your fingers, I use a brush because I have very sensitive skin and I always hate applying make up with my fingers.

It has pretty good lasting power too. I do need to powder 4-6 hours after initial application just around my nose as it tends to get a bit oily. But the finish stays the same on the rest of my face for the entire day. I had no issue with oxidisation either.

The downside is that it is very expensive in Australia (AU$68) and I don't like the packaging as much as the other Chanel foundations. I prefer the glass containers, but the Vitalumiere Aqua is more portable. It's unfortunate that the packaging isn't transparent though because I can't tell how much is left. Chanel foundations also have a very limited colour range but I think the issue is less pronounced for Vitalumiere Aqua because it is a pretty sheer coverage foundation and blends very well. I have fair-ish Asian skin and I got the B20 (Beige - Tendre). I'm a NW20 in MAC for reference.

Overall, I would recommend this for those who have relatively good skin and are looking for something that just perfects their skin in an understated way. It is quite expensive for what it is though and there are probably other foundations out there that offer something similar at a cheaper price. Personally, I would purchase this again because I find it just works perfectly for me and given my sensitive dry skin, I am hesitant to try out a cheaper alternative unless I have to.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by MissTinkabella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'd love to love this product, but it just doesn't do it for me. My HG foundation (teint innocence) was discontinued and I was told by the counter makeup artist that this was the closest thing. The coverage of this foundation is medium and blends very well. It did not break me out and looks amazing after application. I was told that this foundation would not have oxidation problem but I had issues with oxidation and foundation i got changed color 30 minutes into wearing (to darker shade + orange tinge) so I was very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this foundation, the colors are true and if you are matched correctly then you will find that it blends into your skin seamlessly. Doesn't look cakey or fake, and will not make your skin oily or dry. Provides light-medium coverage, perfect for me when layered under MAC Prep and Prime Translucent Finishing Powder. My skin looks even and flawless! Definitely recommend for those who don't need a ton of coverage and just want to even out their skin tone and provide natural luminosity without oiliness.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:17:00 AM More reviews by friedawg

I am usually not a foundation wearer and often suffer from dehydrated sometimes flakey skin, so I thought that something as light as vitalumiere aqua would fit the bill. I really love the texture of this foundation as it is relatively creamy and very easy to apply with the fingers. I also don't think that I've ever had a foundation that is better matched to my skin tone - I use the shade b40 and sit somewhere between nc30 and nc35 in MAC, and this disappears into my skin (hallelujah).

Since the foundation is quite light, the coverage is relatively sheer - so if you have problem skin or significant redness I would suggest combining this with concealer.

The main drawback I have found is of course the rrp of $70-80 I think - which is ridiculously high in Australia as for all makeup, although it is not as dear as some others such as nars sheer glow, which retails for $100. However, I bought it online for about $55, so the price ended up being okay - considering revlon foundations cost around $30 here.

All in all I am in love with the texture and ease of use of this foundation. I would definitely recommend it for people who hate the caked on foundation look, but who are looking for something with more coverage than tinted moisturiser. It's also nice to have a little bit of luxury on your face everyday! I can definitely see myself repurchasing it.